THE BROWNS BOARD

Tale of the Tape - Browns vs Ravens

Orion

Rush / G   Pass / G   Sack Run D / G   Pass D / G   Sack Give/Take
Browns 147 3rd 225 25th 27th 105 10th 210 7th 10th +1
Ravens 147 3rd 260 14th 32nd 84 1st 272 30th 19th -8

So, what is this telling us?  Well, obviously rushing ability is a wash.  But the ability TO run is not as the Ravens are #1 in the league against the run...and they proved that to us a couple of weeks ago when they were the #2 rushing defense.  We, statistically are pretty good against the run...but as we've seen, we can falter at times trying to stop the run.

We're pretty good against the pass statistically and we're 10th in sacks (I bet many of us thought we were ranked higher in sacks).  The Ravens get sacked a lot.

The way to attack the Ravens is through the air.  Unfortunately, we're weak there.  We have 1 healthy TE (and we brought up a PS TE)...

We are just plain not good against teams that can shut down our run.  We've gotta become a balanced team next year.

3 minutes ago, Orion said:
  Rush / G   Pass / G   Sack Run D / G   Pass D / G   Sack Give/Take
Browns 147 3rd 225 25th 27th 105 10th 210 7th 10th +1
Ravens 147 3rd 260 14th 32nd 84 1st 272 30th 19th -8

So, what is this telling us?  Well, obviously rushing ability is a wash.  But the ability TO run is not as the Ravens are #1 in the league against the run...and they proved that to us a couple of weeks ago when they were the #2 rushing defense.  We, statistically are pretty good against the run...but as we've seen, we can falter at times trying to stop the run.

We're pretty good against the pass statistically and we're 10th in sacks (I bet many of us thought we were ranked higher in sacks).  The Ravens get sacked a lot.

The way to attack the Ravens is through the air.  Unfortunately, we're weak there.  We have 1 healthy TE (and we brought up a PS TE)...

We are just plain not good against teams that can shut down our run.  We've gotta become a balanced team next year.

Bitch, please.

We can become a balanced team right now, we don't have to wait til next year.

Nojoku is out ... oh no!! So we still have Landry, DPJ, Hooper and Hunt to throw to? I think we'll be alright.

The Browns cracked the Jacko conundrum by drafting JOK. We should hold them, and their nobody rbs to undsr 20 again, the difference is a healthy Baker with 2 weeks rest should rejuvenate our passing game, which will set Chubb and Hunt free.

Z

9 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Bitch, please.

I just call 'em as I see 'em.

(BTW, last I heard they're still not saying who they're gonna trot out there at RT.  But since they can't 3D print one I'm assuming it's going to be Blake Hance-forth)

8 hours ago, Orion said:

(BTW, last I heard they're still not saying who they're gonna trot out there at RT.  But since they can't 3D print one I'm assuming it's going to be Blake Hance-forth)

Only homer takes allowed, sir. 😉

Flashback ...to then adjust forward.. https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-week-12-game-recap-baltimore-ravens-16-cleveland-browns-10

the few that graded well..

• Delpit 91.1
  • Bitonio 89.5
  • Owusu-Koramoah 88.1
  • Bryant 82.0
  • LB Malcolm Smith 78.0 (again higher than Walker)
  • CB Greg Newsome 77.7
  • S John Johnson III 77.7
  • Njoku 77.4
  • DE Myles Garrett 73.2
  • LB Sione Takitaki 72.1

To peak going forward....

1) Bryant is Out...Njoku's status still remains the same. a gameday...  *maybe*

2) Whomever the RT may be? What's so wrong, with playing A 6th line mate to park next to Hance's right hip? Legally (Hudson/ Dunn/Fro*hold*t/A.Taylor) 

3) Tretter has to be at his best this week.. draws CAMPBELL, CALAIS T/Jax  

4) We get hyped over these great OL Grades..... well.....Show The F'k Up !

5) I never have gotten the no Chubb/Hunt on the field at same time..... Have you seen Hunt 'Wreck 💩' by planting blitzer's in the hole? 

6) Queen/Bowser/Oweh/Justin Houston... find a way to not let them, take away from your offensive game plan..

carry on...  and Go Vikings tonight !  

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, gumby73 said:

5) I never have gotten the no Chubb/Hunt on the field at same time..... Have you seen Hunt 'Wreck 💩' by planting blitzer's in the hole? 

IMO, this is done to keep each one as fresh as possible when they enter the game.  I really don't want Hunt (or Chubb) out there blocking for the other on any sort of regular basis.  We supposedly have a FB for that. 

The Vike's are without their best receiver.  I doubt this one goes our way.  But, Go Vikings! 

21 hours ago, Orion said:

please god do not let baker die this sunday,hudson to start at RT

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, ATOM said:

Keep the faith bro Syd..... So what's up for BROWNS Sunday ?

2 hours ago, ATOM said:

I've read if*... seen anything confirming?

#Browns OC AVP said if rookie James Hudson III starts at RT, he’ll be better than in only start because he’s spent so much time with OL coach Bill Callahan

2 hours ago, ATOM said:

We DID draft him in round 4...to be a tackle.  I don't remember which one but he DID start a game for us this season.  But I think he did pretty badly.

2 hours ago, Orion said:

We DID draft him in round 4...to be a tackle.  I don't remember which one but he DID start a game for us this season.  But I think he did pretty badly.

he was horrible 

• Haha 1

Game status update from #Browns
Questionable: J. Elliott, R. Harrison, M. Jackson
Out: H. Bryant, A. Schwartz
#Browns coach Kevin Stefanski said David Njoku, Jamie Gillan and Anthony Walker Jr. won’t play Sunday.
All three on COVID-19 list
P Dustin Colquitt was added to Punt & hold kicks

23 hours ago, Orion said:

And now Newsome is out because he fell down on the final play of practice and hit his head.  

such luck..of all weeks 🤯

Saturday, The Cleveland Browns made five roster moves ..activated linebacker Jacob Phillips from injured reserve. 

The team also elevated three from their practice squad.

Receiver JoJo Natson is a standard elevation

While cornerback Herb Miller and safety Javonte Moffatt were elevated as COVID-19 replacements.

The team also waived receiver Ja’Marcus Bradley from the roster. (Good News for Higgy)

• Thanks 1

Higgins was a "healthy scratch". Njoku and Bryant won't be there. Bradley, who had two catches, is gone ....

if Higgins doesn't have a big day.... I don't see how the Browns will win this game. They have to, though.

the stinking ratbirds will stack the los, stop the run again? and will have an easier time playing man to man.

Unless Natson has a big day. Browns HAVE to win this one.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, gumby73 said:

such luck..of all weeks 🤯

Saturday, The Cleveland Browns made five roster moves ..activated linebacker Jacob Phillips from injured reserve. 

The team also elevated three from their practice squad.

Receiver JoJo Natson is a standard elevation

While cornerback Herb Miller and safety Javonte Moffatt were elevated as COVID-19 replacements.

The team also waived receiver Ja’Marcus Bradley from the roster. (Good News for Higgy)

Bradley we hardly knew ye.

With Scwartz out, maybe put a speed play or two for JoJo?

Z

• Upvote 1

The only way the Browns will win is with a ton of heart.

no Njoku, no Harrison, punter out, Newsome out, Walker out...

but the ratbirds have players out too. The Browns can't afford it to a greater degree.

Browns will win. But please, Stefanski, stop running so much of the time on first down.

The Browns will lay it all on the line - Browns 37, stinking ratbirds 20.

(if you're going to dream, dream big)