THE BROWNS BOARD

Covid Crushing the Browns

Zombo

OK ! so I ran out of curse words yesterday 😇....

so back to the B's..( B _ _ _ me!)

clearing my head...

COugh-VID

OFFENSE

IR/Forbes(14th)/TE S.Carlson..(6th)

PS/TE-Ross Travis(14th)/FB-J.Stanton(11-29)/WR/ST *JJ Natson (14th)

*Hooper(14th)/*Njoku(7th) returned+.....TE-Harrison Bryant returned+ 

WR/*Landry(14th)

OL *Teller/*Wills (both 14th)

P J.Gillan (9th)

DEFENSE

DE-Tak McKinley (14th)

LB *Walker (9th)

S *Ronnie Harrison returned+

Injury concerns

CB *Troy Hill(knee)/ RB *K.Hunt(ankle) reports are OuT..Saturday

2 Concussions uncleared-- CB-*G.Newsome/ WR Schwartz 🤞

DT* Malik Jackson (knee) ?'able

Wednesday 12-15 per NFL Network---

@.9:30 am..HC Kevin Stefanski just added to Covid List...(could clear game-day a.m.?)

#@*k's 🙄

@.9:50 am 12-15... QB Baker Mayfield added to Covid list

#Browns announce these players to COVID-19 reserve list:
Baker Mayfield, Troy Hill, John Johnson III, Malik McDowell, Ifeadi Odenigbo, practice squad S Nate Meadors. That's 14 over last 2 days. Plus coach Kevin Stefanski.
WR Ja'Marcus Bradley also signed to active roster.

10:54 AM · Dec 15, 2021

+ TE Nick Guggemos, WR Alexander Hollins, T Elijah Nkansah signed to practice squad..

@.2:14 pm.. TE David Njoku is glad to be back

The #Browns claimed DT Josiah Bronson off waivers from the #Saints, source said.

1 minute ago, Zombo said:

Baker has it.😵

And there's going to be more, you can tell very easily by the way the press releases are worded. 

These guys are all fucking vaccinated, and we're going to be out essentially our whole fucking team and coaches because of something out of their control. If Roger doesn't postpone this game he may as well say "we don't give a shit about certain teams"

• Upvote 5

16 minutes ago, luke8878 said:

Chances of being rescheduled? Would not the Ravens be having players popping up with the Rona?

I believe there's a "no tolerance" policy. Might be a forfeit🙁if it gets any worse for the Browns

Are ya telling me Ohio Governor Dewitt would have to shut this game down? move venue? Monday?

• Every club is obligated under the Constitution and Bylaws to have its team ready to play at the scheduled time and place. A failure to do so is deemed conduct detrimental. There is no right to postpone a game. Postponements will only occur if required by government authorities, medical experts, or at the Commissioner’s discretion.

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2021/12/the-browns-game-against-the-raiders-wont-be-postponed-because-of-covid-19-barring-an-unforeseen-circumstance-takeaways.html

15 minutes ago, luke8878 said:

Chances of being rescheduled? Would not the Ravens be having players popping up with the Rona?

This where I am at…wouldn’t it be reckless to allow the Browns who could have guys with it but not popping positives tests Saturday (may be positive by Sunday or even Monday) play a team this week?  Do the Raiders want the risk? They have hope for the playoffs too. 

If they are serious about the protocols it is either a forfeit or a reschedule.

2 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Are ya telling me Ohio Governor Dewitt would have to shut this game down? move venue?

• Every club is obligated under the Constitution and Bylaws to have its team ready to play at the scheduled time and place. A failure to do so is deemed conduct detrimental. There is no right to postpone a game. Postponements will only occur if required by government authorities, medical experts, or at the Commissioner’s discretion.

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2021/12/the-browns-game-against-the-raiders-wont-be-postponed-because-of-covid-19-barring-an-unforeseen-circumstance-takeaways.html

I think our only hope is the Commissioner's discretion exception.

Z

22 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Baker has it.😵

M m m m m my corona. Oh yeah a real season to remember.  Do you believe in miracles ?   

........ well do ya''  ?  

9 minutes ago, Zombo said:

I think our only hope is the Commissioner's discretion exception.

Z

It's hump-day ! 

The Dawgpound at the Governors mansion would be a priceless photo opt... 🤓 

• Upvote 1

if the Browns are decimated with this how in the World are other teams not in the same boat ASSUMING they are testing properly.

And the other team hit hard…the Rams…just so happens they get all these positive tests AFTER their big game.  Now should we see positive tests with the Cardinals?  Are they testing properly

This is crazy.

Any rule in the stupid NFL for players to play both ways??? lol'

Let's see, Garrett at...TE?

McDowell at OT ?  Owusu-Koramoah at WR?

etc?

Just looked at the depth chart by ESPN

https://www.espn.com/nfl/team/depth/_/name/cle/cleveland-browns

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bob806 said:

Goodell will renege the policy lol

" nfl heads would not like removed comment" 😇

Ben happened last season? No?..Brady? don't think so? (YET !)

edit--- I'm off to doc's

#Browns announce these players to COVID-19 reserve list:
Baker Mayfield, Troy Hill, John Johnson III, Malik McDowell, Ifeadi Odenigbo, practice squad S Nate Meadors.
That's 14 over last 2 days. Plus coach Kevin Stefanski.
WR Ja'Marcus Bradley also signed to active roster.
+ TE Nick Guggemos, WR Alexander Hollins, T Elijah Nkansah signed to practice squad
  • Upvote 1

We just need 46 active guys doesn’t matter the position? Otherwise game on? 

I see the Ravens backup Practice Squad Center has it- if this strand is so contagious I don’t understand how the Ravens Dline hasn’t been infected?

Is this a case of the Browns following the rules and others not following the rules?  

1 hour ago, Zombo said:

Baker has it.😵

And Stefansky. Shit, Kev is triple vaccinated,  AND has had covid in the past. At the rate this is going a forfeit isn't out of the question.  Apparently there's a new "Browns" covid variant that vaccines are totally ineffective against. 

PS, Baker says he feels "completely normal ". 

6 minutes ago, nickers said:

This preposterous... reschedule the game... But we all know Goodell is a shill of the league

With 1\2 the starters out, it would take the miracles of miracles to beat an essentially full strength Raiders team. :(

Yeah Roger.. How's a Nationally Televised shit show Saturday afternoon going to play out?

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, hoorta said:

And Stefansky. Shit, Kev is triple vaccinated,  AND has had covid in the past. At the rate this is going a forfeit isn't out of the question.  Apparently there's a new "Browns" covid variant that vaccines are totally ineffective against. 

PS, Baker says he feels "completely normal ". 

With 1\2 the starters out, it would take the miracles of miracles to beat an essentially full strength Raiders team. :(

Yeah Roger.. How's a Nationally Televised shit show Saturday afternoon going to play out?

I imagine he does feel normal.  Taking care of yourself (health wise) eating properly and/or exercising and getting annual checkups to monitor cholesterol and other underlying issues that COVID impacts- that’s better than the vaccine. 

• Upvote 1

Hmmm. From my Hospital Laboratory days, I have to wonder. It says that they have to test negative.  Does it specify what test they have to use? If it's PCR, they're getting results back at lightning speed.  Hell, I'm all for using those home test kits. See a second pink line? No? You're good to go. 

FWIW, I used to be responsible for PCR testing myself.  And you have to be damn meticulous when you're doing it. Personally,  I would look into the very real possibility of laboratory contamination.  Find another lab that does PCR testing!!

Sort of reminiscent of why the Browns now use University Hospitals, instead of the Cleveland Clinic. CC couldn't figure out where that MRSA was coming from.  It ended LeCharles Bentley's career. 

1 hour ago, nickers said:

This preposterous... reschedule the game... But we all know Goodell is a shill of the league

Yep. 

Tagliabue was pissed we got our team back. 

Name, colors, & history is all we will ever get from the NFL offices😥

• Upvote 3

38 minutes ago, Zombo said:

And now for the Defense:

Troy Hill, John Johnson, Malik McDowell and Ifeadi Odeniabo just added to the list.

Z

can we just bring up the local junior college players to the active roster?  jeez

18 hours ago, Canton Mike said:

I'm 75, had the 3 shots (wife has severe asthma & heart issues) & DAMNIT I am NOT going to live in fear. My Priest asked me if covid scared me. I told him that I made it thru 1 1/2 years in the boonies in  'Nam without fearing for my life & I WILL NOT live in fear of this crap! When I die, I die, but I'm gonna live my life to the fullest until I do!!..Besides, Faith & fear are contradictory...You can't have both.

Let these players outta the bubble! PLAY FOOTBALL!!

Mike

Well said Mike. 75 here too and both been triple vaccinated. I'm more interested that my kids and grandkids do well. The old man has already had a good run far better than luck alone. I want some of that to rub off on all of them.🤠

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

stupidly speaking here because I’m still in disbelief….Should we just let Modell into the HOF or at least be judged in his merits and then maybe this curse will be lifted?

No. Never.

A guy who fired 2 of the best coaches of all time (Paul Brown, BB) is NOT worthy of the HOF, ever. 

Only way he gets in is when people like me are dead ( baby boomers) and the voters have no clue about that and "the move."

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Canton Mike said:

I'm 75, had the 3 shots (wife has severe asthma & heart issues) & DAMNIT I am NOT going to live in fear. My Priest asked me if covid scared me. I told him that I made it thru 1 1/2 years in the boonies in  'Nam without fearing for my life & I WILL NOT live in fear of this crap! When I die, I die, but I'm gonna live my life to the fullest until I do!!..Besides, Faith & fear are contradictory...You can't have both.

Let these players outta the bubble! PLAY FOOTBALL!!

Mike

Oh yes !   Well said Mike.   Are you ready for some football ?   

Bring it on we have nothing to lose and everything to enjoy watching the next man up x4 or 6 or whatever.

GO BROWNS !

• Upvote 1