THE BROWNS BOARD

Covid Crushing the Browns

Zombo

The raiders are not happy - they lose their competitive advantage......

because the Browns might be able to field an entire team by  Monday?

I hope the Browns walk all over them.

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

The raiders are not happy - they lose their competitive advantage......

Oakland download.jpg.7d82b91cc03df533c8e3bb1f3f6251fa.jpg      Vegas  images.jpg.51ccca5cad22a4f28dc9b2d748e06a96.jpg   competitive edge ? Blah, Blah,Blah...✂️ 💈     

• Haha 1

At this point, I'm just desperately hoping we're able to get these dudes back:

-Wills/Hudson (Hudson being very unlikely)

-Any member of the secondary group

At least the other groups that are going to be short handed (including QB) are dudes who have been in the system for a while. The two groups above though are dreadfully thin, so even getting 1-2 dudes back would be huge.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

Stop testing (hoorta edit: vaccinated) people that aren’t showing symptoms and this whole thing would go away

Worlds gone mad

Just my 0.02 from my medical background.  I agree with the bold LB...  However, covid is never going to just "go away" we're going to have to learn how to live with it. The Spanish Flu has never really just "gone away" either, it's mutated into a milder form that doesn't kill 10s of millions of people every year.  Will covid will do the same? TBD. My sixty second research told me Spanish Flu killed an estimated 50 million people 100 years ago. To date, covid has killed around 5 million people, (and the world's population is a lot larger than it was 100 years ago).

Regarding the level of testing the NFL was doing, I'll give you the old saw "If you go looking for trouble, you're probably going to find it".  I haven't heard of any NFL players having to be hospitalized because of covid.  

The good news I'm hearing- and it's yet to be conclusively documented- only 26 cases in a preliminary study...  Those who have had breakthrough covid infections have had their anti covid antibody levels jacked up to the Moon.  They're calling it hyper immunized against further infection.  We can only hope that's the case.  

For sure, covid indifference is rampant. Yeah- it's a problem, but the general population in the US is pretty much telling the medical Docs like Fauci... Yeah we know, and we just don't care anymore, we're going to live our lives.  Full speed ahead and damn the torpedos. Er, virus.  

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

I haven't heard of any NFL players having to be hospitalized because of covid.  

No, but ask Myles or Llamar Jackson how mild their cases were.  Myles was affected for the rest of the season.  

I think the issue gets tricky when you are allowing players to not be vaccinated, and then allowing players that have tested positive to be around them.  -  The Gipper would've had an opinion on this.

On 12/20/2021 at 3:12 PM, Orion said:

No, but ask Myles or Llamar Jackson how mild their cases were.  Myles was affected for the rest of the season.  

I think the issue gets tricky when you are allowing players to not be vaccinated, and then allowing players that have tested positive to be around them.  -  The Gipper would've had an opinion on this.

That's true, but Myles came down with covid before the vaccines were generally available. And Lamar was one of the dumb-dums who still refuses to get vaccinated.   These breakthrough cases seem to be on the order of having a bad cold, or no symptoms at all... 

31 minutes ago, hoorta said:

These breakthrough cases seem to be on the order of having a bad cold, or no symptoms at all... 

But are they able to transmit covid, as a positive tester?

The COVID-19 carousel kept spinning for the Browns on Wednesday.

Cornerback Greg Newsome II was placed on the COVID reserve list. He missed the last two games with a concussion.

Tight end Austin Hooper, linebacker Jacob Phillips and practice squad receiver/returner JoJo Natson were activated from the list.

Coach Kevin Stefanski also cleared protocols and returned to team headquarters. 

37 minutes ago, Orion said:

But are they able to transmit covid, as a positive tester?

AFAIK, Orion yes- you can be asymptomatic and still transmit the disease. But as we're seeing with the Browns, it's only a serious problem if you would happen to transmit it to an unvaccinated person. Shades of Typhoid Mary... For those who never heard of her...  https://www.discovermagazine.com/health/typhoid-mary-was-a-real-asymptomatic-carrier-who-caused-multiple-outbreaks

3 minutes ago, hoorta said:

AFAIK, Orion yes- you can be asymptomatic and still transmit the disease. But as we're seeing with the Browns, it's only a serious problem if you would happen to transmit it to an unvaccinated person. Shades of Typhoid Mary... For those who never heard of her...  https://www.discovermagazine.com/health/typhoid-mary-was-a-real-asymptomatic-carrier-who-caused-multiple-outbreaks

Which leads me back to my original statement:

I think the issue gets tricky when you are allowing players to not be vaccinated, and then allowing players that have tested positive to be around them.

1 hour ago, Orion said:

Which leads me back to my original statement:

I think the issue gets tricky when you are allowing players to not be vaccinated, and then allowing players that have tested positive to be around them.

Then my point is- if you're going to be a dumb-dum and not get vaccinated- that's your problem. Don't be blaming the vaccinated asymptomatic teammates around you if you get sick and croak. (BTW, the report is the Browns only have one player who is still unvaccinated)  MHO? The antivaxxers are improving the gene pool every time one of them kicks off.  That only goes for the ones deliberately not getting vaccinated, and would rather believe the quacks espousing microchips, magnetism, and certain death.   

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

Don't be blaming the vaccinated asymptomatic teammates around you if you get sick and croak.

I'm just not sure how that plays out in court.  perhaps there's already league verbiage in place... 

47 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

dammit.I  wonder how many to the covid list players were wearing their masks when they went places.....and used hand sanitizer....

Probably as many people you see going to grocery stores wearing masks...

Virtually none of them. 

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

dammit.I  wonder how many to the covid list players were wearing their masks when they went places.....and used hand sanitizer....

That's not the problem Cal...  The problem is the damn omicron variant is now the dominant variant in Ohio- 70% of cases and going up fast.  Super transmissible person to person too.  :( Unfortunately, the vaccines (Pfizer and Moderna) are only slightly effective at preventing infection...Like 30%, if that. Tretter thought he was coming down with a cold.. and BTW, he's been triple vaccinated.

Like I told Steve over on the Poli Board... We're never going to get rid of this bug, (even if we had a 100% vaccination rate) 90% of the Expert Epidemiologists are in agreement about that... Westside had a point, it's going to be the same reason we've never been able to come up with a vaccine against the common cold- too many different strains of it floating around.

I hope by next fall the hysteria surrounding covid will subside. It's not just killing the NFL- the NBA and NHL have been cancelling games too. 

BTW- per Yahoo! sports... The initial league stance was they were just going to cancel those three games that eventually got moved. However the NFLPA (that Tretter is president of)- said no way Jose, we don't want to miss out on our game checks.