THE BROWNS BOARD

5+ year sentence for attacking a January 6 officer.

mjp28

5 hours ago, FairHooker11 said:

its nice to know that in light of the so called Jan 6 hearings fiasco that

Judicial Watch has been gathering info regarding Ashli Babbits  murder by US capitol police LT Michael Byrd

https://www.judicialwatch.org/jw-dc-police-babbitt/?utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=press release

Justice in this matter cannot come soon enough - but wading through the backdrop of posturing politicians fake crybaby types 

and their fellow liberal cult followers here on the BB. sheesh

Plainly murder.  This guy belongs in prison.  Imagine if a white cop shot an unarmed black woman?

• Upvote 1

On 12/17/2021 at 5:24 PM, Westside Steve said:

That's absolutely nowhere near the average sentence for first-time assault. Absolutely nowhere.

It's a kangaroo court and if someone sentenced someone you cared about are ridiculous sentence like that you would shit your pants.  (I realized Biden supporters don't think that's a big deal but...)

WSS 

I'd say that's pretty commiserate with assaulting a police officer. I've always been told that if you get arrested, the best course of action is to not resist, clearly state your right remain silent and to ask for a lawyer. Nothing good can happen by resisting arrest and not shutting up afterwards.

1 hour ago, jbluhm86 said:

I'd say that's pretty commiserate with assaulting a police officer. I've always been told that if you get arrested, the best course of action is to not resist, clearly state your right remain silent and to ask for a lawyer. Nothing good can happen by resisting arrest and not shutting up afterwards.

Absolutely correct it's an asshole  thing to do no doubt whatsoever.

I'm just saying that I would be willing to bet that the average sentence for first time with no priors it's not that's high. Have you seen the footage of the buffalo head guy actually assaulting an officer? He seemed pretty good-natured and every clip I've seen so...

WSS 

56 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Absolutely correct it's an asshole  thing to do no doubt whatsoever.

I'm just saying that I would be willing to bet that the average sentence for first time with no priors it's not that's high. Have you seen the footage of the buffalo head guy actually assaulting an officer? He seemed pretty good-natured and every clip I've seen so...

WSS 

One thing that people might not be taking into consideration is that the assault was committed against the Capitol Police, who are federal employees and are under federal jurisdiction. Federal charges usually carry stiffer punishments over similar state or local ones. That could be one of the determining factors in the sentence lengths in these cases.

2 hours ago, jbluhm86 said:

One thing that people might not be taking into consideration is that the assault was committed against the Capitol Police, who are federal employees and are under federal jurisdiction. Federal charges usually carry stiffer punishments over similar state or local ones. That could be one of the determining factors in the sentence lengths in these cases.

Maybe I don't know. I would think these people are making a mountain out of a molehill because both sides know that if they don't find some sort of crap to pin on Trump he will beat the living shit out of dementia Joe next time. Especially if the Republicans field another bunch of Jeb Bush clones.

But again has anybody got any footage of the qanon Shaman raising any real hell? Struggling with a cop? 

WSS

By the end of June, at least 14,000 people had been arrested and, by November 2020, 25 people had died in relation to the unrest.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/apr/17/george-floyd-protesters-charges-citations-analysis

Jacob Chansley — or Jake Angeli, as he was known when he was first arrested a day after the riot and later charged with six federal crimes — agreed to plead guilty Friday prior to going to trial on charges that ranged from civil disorder, violent entry and disorderly conduct to a felony count of obstruction of an official proceeding. If found guilty at trial, Chansley faced up to 20 years in prison.

As part of the plea agreement, Chansley only pleaded guilty to the felony charge of obstruction of an official proceeding. 

6 hours ago, jbluhm86 said:

Just think what would’ve happened if George Floyd followed this advice.