THE BROWNS BOARD

The Student Debt "Crisis" solved

DieHardBrownsFan

it seems that everything liberals want....is complete absolution from any responsibility, and any consequences

for their actions. so they emotionally vote accordingly, and the left promises to "fix" it for them.

Free ride. abortion. college loans. defund the police. excuses for arson, theft, murder, rape.........

having kids for money from the great society. they don't like it when the free ride ends...

• Haha 1

Just now, calfoxwc said:

Rule #4

Don't buy a huge, really expensive house that you can't afford to put furniture in....

If anybody remembers Darby O'Gill and the little people when Darby warrants of wishing for a great big house. You didn't wish for the servants you didn't wish for the furniture, you didn't wish for the money to run it, there you'd be in a house as big as a church and you the poorest church mouse in it.

WSS

I have about a house worth’s of student loan debt though I make decent money and always keep side hustles. So it isn’t a problem.

However, if the confused guy in charge just up and forgave my loan, I wouldn’t be too upset. The government loves wasting money and bailing out banks. I won’t turn down my bail out haha.

7 hours ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

I have about a house worth’s of student loan debt though I make decent money and always keep side hustles. So it isn’t a problem.

However, if the confused guy in charge just up and forgave my loan, I wouldn’t be too upset. The government loves wasting money and bailing out banks. I won’t turn down my bail out haha.

And that probably accounts for all of us. If, for instance, the city of Akron were Summit County had some graft riddled slush fund to throw money at slumlords I'd be in line to take my cut. No doubt that's why some Republicans signed on to build back better.

😄

WSS

• Haha 1

On 12/25/2021 at 12:09 AM, LogicIsForSquares said:

I'm in a similar boat. Around $68k for my B.A, but luckily I chose a hard science Biology major and minored in Chemistry, so I'm doing pretty good; I'm currently making around $50k/year on straight time. My folks were gracious enough to let me move back in rent-free while I pay down my student loan and save up for a decent down payment on a house. It's not great to be living at home in my 30s, but it's the most prudent, financially. I was able to pay off all the interest on my student loan last year during the repayment pause and I've got around $10k saved up so far for a down payment, so I haven't exactly been idle. Plus, both of my parents are physically disabled, so I get to help them out at the same time.

• Upvote 3

34 minutes ago, jbluhm86 said:

I'm in a similar boat. Around $68k for my B.A, but luckily I chose a hard science Biology major and minored in Chemistry, so I'm doing pretty good; I'm currently making around $50k/year on straight time. My folks were gracious enough to let me move back in rent-free while I pay down my student loan and save up for a decent down payment on a house. It's not great to be living at home in my 30s, but it's the most prudent, financially. I was able to pay off all the interest on my student loan last year during the repayment pause and I've got around $10k saved up so far for a down payment, so I haven't exactly been idle. Plus, both of my parents are physically disabled, so I get to help them out at the same time.

Nothing wrong with living at home, especially with your Parent's situation. Smart.

2 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Nothing wrong with living at home, especially with your Parent's situation. Smart.

I agree, but living at home with the folks definitely takes a hit on the dating life. Trying to arrange an adult evening with someone in your bedroom at your parents place just doesn't have the same appeal as one at your own home, 😂

2 hours ago, jbluhm86 said:

I offered all of my college aged kids that too - live at home til you cant stand us anymore

(only one took us up on it) 

its the sensble option to living on campus, but then travel to, from... 

good for you and best wishes for your parents - 

1 hour ago, jbluhm86 said:

I agree, but living at home with the folks definitely takes a hit on the dating life. Trying to arrange an adult evening with someone in your bedroom at your parents place just doesn't have the same appeal as one at your own home, 😂

Pretty hard to bring a chick home to bang when mom and pops are light sleeping in the next room..  :jbluhm are you okay in t here, whats that banging sound, are you alright???

• Haha 2