THE BROWNS BOARD

We missed the playoffs Because of...

Orion

...the officials missed the pass interference at the end of the Packer game.

Because of COVID

Because of Our Kicker

Because of Baker 

Because of OBJ is a self centered POS

Because of lack of defensive adjustments during the games

Because of we didn't run enough

Because of we didn't pass enough

Because of we went for it too much on 4th down

Because of too many penalties

Because of the Chiefs

Because the sun was in my eyes...

• Haha 1

Because the coach kept trying to win games, by throwing the ball, with a QB that wasn’t playing well enough to win games, by throwing the ball

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, ATOM said:

because i forgot to hang my Browns flag and wear my lucky Browns shoes on christmas day

I had my flag out all year. I came home today and it was laying in the road. 
😤

In any personal or professional failure it is never one thing….but We have an alarming number of “becauses”.

I can’t recall a year where the zebras have upset me more than they have this year.

And the Charger game PI call on us was a horrible costly game altering penalty too. Probably worse than the Packer game. 

1 hour ago, The Cysko Kid said:

Because the browns are not a good team.

No the Browns are a good team.. With a quarterback who should be on IR, and a coach who is outsmarting himself on a regular basis.  :(   

• Upvote 1

Not taking advantage of our strengths! 

Well FWIW.. Even Aaron Rodgers said "Get him some help" referring to Baker on the Manning Bros telecast.. Yeah Baker stunk.. But Higgins and the other cast of jackoffs didn't help...

And I'll just add... Shitpantski needs to go!

1 hour ago, nickers said:

Well FWIW.. Even Aaron Rodgers said "Get him some help" referring to Baker on the Manning Bros telecast.. Yeah Baker stunk.. But Higgins and the other cast of jackoffs didn't help...

And I'll just add... Shitpantski needs to go!

Isn't it just amazing nickers,  that you can go from "Coach of the Year" to a pile of crap the next? Kevin is plain out smarting himself,  and its starting to be pretty obvious. 

Paul Brown had it right,  and Stefanski is ignoring the obvious.  If you're doing something (like running  the ball) and the other team can't stop it, you just keep on doing it until they can. Your Shitpanski ignored our top rated rushing attack to let a crippled Baker almost single handedly lose the game for us. Don't know about you, but I'm pretty pissed off right about now.    :(

12 hours ago, Orion said:

...the officials missed the pass interference at the end of the Packer game.

Because of COVID

Because of Our Kicker

Because of Baker 

Because of OBJ is a self centered POS

Because of lack of defensive adjustments during the games

Because of we didn't run enough

Because of we didn't pass enough

Because of we went for it too much on 4th down

Because of too many penalties

Because of the Chiefs

Because the sun was in my eyes...

Because of Kevin Stefanski.

4 hours ago, hoorta said:

Isn't it just amazing nickers,  that you can go from "Coach of the Year" to a pile of crap the next? Kevin is plain out smarting himself,  and its starting to be pretty obvious. 

Paul Brown had it right,  and Stefanski is ignoring the obvious.  If you're doing something (like running  the ball) and the other team can't stop it, you just keep on doing it until they can. Your Shitpanski ignored our top rated rushing attack to let a crippled Baker almost single handedly lose the game for us. Don't know about you, but I'm pretty pissed off right about now.    :(

I am absolutely at a loss to explain A game plan that doesn't make any sense. I do understand that  when a quarterback is struggling the boo birds scream for the backup quarterback no matter who who it is. Stefnski did not go to Keenum  Who he knows better than anyone on this staff and that's a fact.   (If he had started keenum and we'd still lost the games these self-appointed experts would have been just as pissed) He also knows Baker better than anyone else on the staff. That means if he thought Keenum game give the team a better chance to win and refuse to start him hes too weak or stupid  to be head coach.   I think that probably Mayfield at 80% is better than kingdom at 100%. As an offensive coach he couldn't find a way to fit OBJ into his system. I don't understand why not?  He refused to play Higgins who seems to be Baker's go to guy for better or worse. I don't understand why. He refuses to run the ball when we have Nick Chubb and are playing against the worst run defense in the league. I don't understand why.

Anyhow while some of the other members brag about their knowledge of the game of pro football I freely admit I don't understand Jack shit.  The most knowledgeable guy on this board whoever that might be probably knows less than the guy that brings coffee to the trainer. After last year's success I figured I was wrong about the moneyball approach versus versus football guys making the decisions.Maybe I was right. 

PS JB yes all of those things. 1st and foremost shit happens.

WSS 

Well, at the very least, this should be an entertaining and intriguing offseason.

I would be shocked if there aren't some kind of major change... maybe a new QB, or Van Pelt is handed play-calling responsibilites, or both. 

Because there is arguably more talent on the Browns roster than any of the other three AFC North teams. 

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

He refused to play Higgins who seems to be Baker's go to guy

Higgins stinks.  From what I've seen...and we don't get to see a whole lot of the receivers from our couch...he's a CB's dream receiver.  Easy to cover.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jbluhm86 said:

Because of Kevin Stefanski.

I agree. He has a certain game plan and doesn’t adjust it to the specific game or the players he has

They run an offense that Baker can’t run and they have a great rb that they don’t use enough

It screams to me that this regime wants their own QB to fit the system and have no intentions of keeping Baker

1 hour ago, Browns149 said:

I agree. He has a certain game plan and doesn’t adjust it to the specific game or the players he has

They run an offense that Baker can’t run and they have a great rb that they don’t use enough

It screams to me that this regime wants their own QB to fit the system and have no intentions of keeping Baker

It was revealed that Chubb was nursing a rib injury during last nights game.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

It was revealed that Chubb was nursing a rib injury during last nights game.

I did not see that

7 hours ago, hoorta said:

Yeah I still can't understand why Chubb was on the bench a lot last night..

1 minute ago, nickers said:

Yeah I still can't understand why Chubb was on the bench a lot last night..

Nick Chubb suffered a rib early on in the loss to the ...

PITTSBURGH -- Nick Chubb rushing only four times in the first half and 12 overall was one of the biggest headscratchers during the Browns 26-14 loss to the Steelers, but Kevin Stefanski revealed ...

Browns coach explains why Nick Chubb saw little action in ...

Cleveland Browns running back Nick Chubb saw very little action in a 26-14 loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers on Monday night, and that left many scratching their head. Chubb amassed just four first ...
  • Thanks 1

Browns run WAY too much on first down. I don't get it. Hate it. Opposing lb's crowd and charge the los. Hunt is out - Chubb has been taking a hell of a beating just trying to get one or two yards on first down. Sometimes it works.....

Note to Stefanski - You do NOT have to establish the run by running on first down most of the time - it is counter-productive.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Well, at the very least, this should be an entertaining and intriguing offseason.

I would be shocked if there aren't some kind of major change... maybe a new QB, or Van Pelt is handed play-calling responsibilities, or both. 

Because there is arguably more talent on the Browns roster than any of the other three AFC North teams. 

Baker is playing himself out of being the de facto starter next year... These last two games were historically bad... Back to back sub 55 qbrs.   I mean really- even adequate qb play Monday night, and we beat the Steelers. They weren't playing all that great.  

I'll disagree with Steve a little bit.  I find it hard to believe that Keenum could possibly have done any worse than Baker. I mean really, 1-10 passing, an interception and a sack?   Some of those throws were downright atrocious if you're an NFL quarterback. Ditto some of those nine sacks were on Baker too, he had plenty of time to just throw the ball into the seats.  I hope Stefanski figures out he needs to sit Baker against the Bengals- I'm fearing not only that shoulder, but his head is too messed up to be of any use.   

• Like 1

INJURIES through out the entire season, the key players that make this team run were sidelined for most of the season. Next man up didnt help much when your QB gets sacked 9 times in a game, and 4 times by one player. Dropped passes, and a host of every day stuf that goes on during the game.

• Like 1