THE BROWNS BOARD

Texas A&M and NIL

MLD Woody

On 1/5/2022 at 10:19 PM, MLD Woody said:

The Aggies just signed the best recruiting class in history (according to 247 composite). 

You think that was done without cash? Legit or otherwise

It was far more that just the legit $$ ways now available. Several talked about the Aggie Network available to them to assist with jobs after football since many know in the long run they will need more than just football. The alumni have been building that network for years and others who have used it tell the recruits how well it works. Plus if you never experienced game-day like these guys all got to do together for the win over Bama, then you don't understand the power of 106,000 who stand and yell all game long. The new stadium makes it twice as loud as it used to be because it closed the open end to make a real bowl. Plus these guys have been social networking with one another for the last 2-3 years. They recruited each other led by CB Bobby Taylor and QB Conner Weigman. And if you don't think a player like Garrett would stand back and not sell the program, then you don't understand our Myles Garrett. He's a big-time program supporter.

On 1/5/2022 at 10:19 PM, MLD Woody said:

The Aggies just signed the best recruiting class in history (according to 247 composite). 

You think that was done without cash? Legit or otherwise

Yes I’m aware of the class, thanks. 

Never said there wasn’t cash. But this particular rumor is bogus. Why everyone (including some VP at Notre Dame who tweeted a link to BroBible like it was a medical journal) just assumes it’s true and rolls with it is beyond me. 

6 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

It was far more that just the legit $$ ways now available. Several talked about the Aggie Network available to them to assist with jobs after football since many know in the long run they will need more than just football. The alumni have been building that network for years and others who have used it tell the recruits how well it works. Plus if you never experienced game-day like these guys all got to do together for the win over Bama, then you don't understand the power of 106,000 who stand and yell all game long. The new stadium makes it twice as loud as it used to be because it closed the open end to make a real bowl. Plus these guys have been social networking with one another for the last 2-3 years. They recruited each other led by CB Bobby Taylor and QB Conner Weigman. And if you don't think a player like Garrett would stand back and not sell the program, then you don't understand our Myles Garrett. He's a big-time program supporter.

Everything you're describing exists at any major program. And I was in attendance for the most attended CFB game at over 115k, I've seen an electric stadium (I'm not counting the game at a NASCAR track). 

A&M had no business getting the best recruiting class ever out of nowhere. Sorry. 

At least the SEC can say the money is all above board now.

13 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Everything you're describing exists at any major program. And I was in attendance for the most attended CFB game at over 115k, I've seen an electric stadium (I'm not counting the game at a NASCAR track). 

A&M had no business getting the best recruiting class ever out of nowhere. Sorry. 

At least the SEC can say the money is all above board now.

Jealousy!! 😂

Get used to it. They have changed to meet the times and I watched the interviews of kids who all talked about the connections between them and other recruits. We just happened to get a perfect storm of it with all there together for the weekend of the Alabama game win which was huge in turning their collective heads. Fisher rolled the dice as he had said he would get a win soon over Bama during the previous summer. He had all his top current players and committed recruits paired up with their uncommitted same side of the ball friends from social media. It worked.

And it didn't come out of nowhere. They have had top 10 classes 4 years in a row now. Great players sense a sea change. Saban has to retire some time you know.🌊

PS-and you get to listen to Fisher and his coaches break down what's happening in the NC Game on ESPN2.  🤣

https://www.kbtx.com/2022/01/06/texas-ams-fisher-feature-espn-megacast/

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Jealousy!! 😂

Get used to it. They have changed to meet the times and I watched the interviews of kids who all talked about the connections between them and other recruits. We just happened to get a perfect storm of it with all there together for the weekend of the Alabama game win which was huge in turning their collective heads. Fisher rolled the dice as he had said he would get a win soon over Bama during the previous summer. He had all his top current players and committed recruits paired up with their uncommitted same side of the ball friends from social media. It worked.

And it didn't come out of nowhere. They have had top 10 classes 4 years in a row now. Great players sense a sea change. Saban has to retire some time you know.🌊

PS-and you get to listen to Fisher and his coaches break down what's happening in the NC Game on ESPN2.  🤣

Jealously?

Ha. Sorry man, no. No part of me is jealous of A&M. 

I've stated this before and I'll do it again... I'm all for players getting paid. There is a power dynamic shift happening in college football and I'm all for it. I believe it's fair to the players. So I have nothing against players getting paid. 

But I'd you see A&M essentially coming out of nowhere to get the best recruiting class of all time and think "yep, makes sense" then idk what to tell you. 

The SEC has been by far the dirtiest conference for a while. That gave them a head start on NIL related things. Everything A&M just did to get this class was probably legal too. But if you think it was all just players "seeing change" and "wanting to be a part of something" and "making connections" you're delusional. That shit happens and is said everywhere. 

My guess is the biggest factor (after NIL money) is Texas being down and uncertainty at OU. 

I'm not sure how many people north of the mason Dixon line are going to actually watch that game 

On 1/8/2022 at 7:34 AM, TexasAg1969 said:

Jealousy!! 😂

Paying kids to play college ball is t he death of football and amateur sports.

On 1/10/2022 at 11:59 AM, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Paying kids to play college ball is t he death of football and amateur sports.

It changes things, but it won't be the death.  I don't worry about womens athletics now that dudettes can compete.  Look at that swimmer who breaks all kinds of records.

Remember all those East German women in the 60's and 70's who they pumped full of testosterone and steroids?   Now it is pump dudes full of estrogen and snip the boys..

• 3 weeks later...

Jimbo goes off on the "Money" attributed to A&M and recruiting. He totally goes after those who said $30,000,000 was paid was pure crap created by some idiot on twitter and carried on by coaches at other schools who didn't like how well their recruiting went this year. My computer is temporarily unable to copy and paste, but you can youtube it. We added two more 5***** players yesterday to give us an absolutely awesome DL and secondary. We obviously did not pay LB Harold Perkins enough to match LSU's money since he switched to them yesterday from us. LOL!

Rumors now include boosters paying six figures for a recruit's art project and other's paying $50k for a recruit's signature. 

This is all fine under current NIL. Sketchy maybe, but legal. 

It's clear though that schools with an already established, underground group of cheating boosters had a headstart with NIL.

There is no reasonable, non Texas ATM fan that would think them getting the top class isn't suspicious as hell. Clearly this was more than just good ole fashioned recruiting. 

Who gives a shit? It's Jimbo fucking Fischer.  He had some monster recruiting classes at FSU and couldn't seal the deal until he had Captain Crab legs, a Buckeye squad with one of the worst defenses they've fielded in the last 25 years, bama on a downturn and Auburn using a cornerback under center.

He'll continue doing in college station exactly what he was doing at FSU - 2 and 3 loss seasons. 

On 2/3/2022 at 5:37 PM, tiamat63 said:

Who gives a shit? It's Jimbo fucking Fischer.  He had some monster recruiting classes at FSU and couldn't seal the deal until he had Captain Crab legs, a Buckeye squad with one of the worst defenses they've fielded in the last 25 years, bama on a downturn and Auburn using a cornerback under center.

He'll continue doing in college station exactly what he was doing at FSU - 2 and 3 loss seasons. 

It's all perfectly legal (now at least). It's just hilarious to think Texas ATM getting the best recruiting class of all time is just because of the coach, school, etc. It's clearly funneled by NIL booster money. 

Schools that were already cheating shouldn't be too far behind. 

Schools that weren't nearly as dirty but have money to throw around better ramp up their efforts fast. 

Will be interesting to see if any NIL roles change as a result of this 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/4/2022 at 9:31 PM, MLD Woody said:

It's all perfectly legal (now at least). It's just hilarious to think Texas ATM getting the best recruiting class of all time is just because of the coach, school, etc. It's clearly funneled by NIL booster money. 

Schools that were already cheating shouldn't be too far behind. 

Schools that weren't nearly as dirty but have money to throw around better ramp up their efforts fast. 

Will be interesting to see if any NIL roles change as a result of this 

Here is the best explanation of the "perfect storm" that led to this class. And you can add in that future SEC member Texas had their first losing season in years, a new coach and one loss was to Kansas of all people.

10 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Here is the best explanation of the "perfect storm" that led to this class. And you can add in that future SEC member Texas had their first losing season in years, a new coach and one loss was to Kansas of all people.

There's no way they had the greatest recruiting class of all time without heavy NIL influence. Luckily for Texas ATM that's not cheating now. It's fair game. But being in the SEC and having a network of bagmen allowed them to get their NIL operation running faster. 

• 1 month later...

And just recently they added likely the brightest of players who decided to graduate early, DL Lebbeus L.T. Overton from Milton, Georgia. Already rated the best overall player for 2023, he brings that 5 star talent along with the other 4 5***** DLs in this class. One sick DL class this is. And just so you know, yes he had strong ties to College Station already.

https://247sports.com/Article/College-football-recruiting-Texas-AM-SEC-185714320/

15 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

And just recently they added likely the brightest of players who decided to graduate early, DL Lebbeus L.T. Overton from Milton, Georgia. Already rated the best overall player for 2023, he brings that 5 star talent along with the other 4 5***** DLs in this class. One sick DL class this is. And just so you know, yes he had strong ties to College Station already.

https://247sports.com/Article/College-football-recruiting-Texas-AM-SEC-185714320/

$trong tie$ indeed. Let'$ hope that Texa$ ATM can do $omething with the cla$$ their boo$ter$ bought. No one like$ a bad inve$tment. 

7 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

$trong tie$ indeed. Let'$ hope that Texa$ ATM can do $omething with the cla$$ their boo$ter$ bought. No one like$ a bad inve$tment. 

Actually it was his interaction with the early enrolling DL Lucas from Arizona that sold him most. They spent a lot of time together on the deciding visit discussing the various roles they would play on the team which is a constant substitution of DLs throughout the game to maintain fresh legs with multiple layers of 5***** DLs. That and a several year relationship with one 0f the D coaches. If they had so much $$$$ then how was LSU able to buy out the best LB in the country who had committed to A&M on national TV at the UA AA game?

6 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Actually it was his interaction with the early enrolling DL Lucas from Arizona that sold him most. They spent a lot of time together on the deciding visit discussing the various roles they would play on the team which is a constant substitution of DLs throughout the game to maintain fresh legs with multiple layers of 5***** DLs. That and a several year relationship with one 0f the D coaches. If they had so much $$$$ then how was LSU able to buy out the best LB in the country who had committed to A&M on national TV at the UA AA game?

10-2.  9-3, tops. 

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

10-2.  9-3, tops. 

For this year? I'm thinking 9-3 at best. Too much youth in both lines and unknown QB situation going into the season. But it will be a fun team to watch develop over the year. 2023 and 2024 will be the seasons to really watch in terms of NC potential.

12 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

They can't afford everyone

Look, I said it before, this is all legal now. The $EC antics of the past can now come out into the light with a slightly different paint job. Having a network of bagmen allowed you to hit the new, legal NIL game fast and hard. It's an advantage. And it's actually a legal one, a nice change for the $EC.

13 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

They can't afford everyone

Look, I said it before, this is all legal now. The $EC antics of the past can now come out into the light with a slightly different paint job. Having a network of bagmen allowed you to hit the new, legal NIL game fast and hard. It's an advantage. And it's actually a legal one, a nice change for the $EC.

Fisher's latest on NIL and signing of the latest 5***** player recently. "Young man was born here. Grew up watching games. Came to my camp when he was 10, 11 years old."

20 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

For this year? I'm thinking 9-3 at best. Too much youth in both lines and unknown QB situation going into the season. But it will be a fun team to watch develop over the year. 2023 and 2024 will be the seasons to really watch in terms of NC potential.

Like I said, you're not taking the Jimbo Fischer effect into account.  The guy is a notch above Larry Coker.

21 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Like I said, you're not taking the Jimbo Fischer effect into account.  The guy is a notch above Larry Coker.

A lot depends on the impact of all those new 5***** DLs rotating in for fresh legs all game. If I see them taking over most games in the 2nd half, then maybe they have a chance to be better than I think. I was impressed with the speed in the defensive secondary yesterday at the Spring Game I attended. If they get tremendous pressure from that DL all game long, then that will produce a far better turnover ratio than they have had thus far. Like I say it will be fun to watch, especially since I'm a believer in Defense wins football. I think Walter Nolen will be the monster in the middle of the DL that dictates the LOS. We shall see.

• 2 weeks later...