THE BROWNS BOARD

Blackout blues? NFL ticket sales slumping in some cities

Brownshirt

By Sean Leahy, USA TODAY

If the economy is slowly rebounding, ticket sales for many NFL teams have yet to take the corresponding bounce for the upcoming season.

Two teams — the San Diego Chargers and the Jacksonville Jaguars— say it's likely they will have home TV blackouts this season due to an inability to sell out their stadiums. At least 10 other teams could also face blackouts.

BLACKOUT FORECAST: Blackout prognosis for all 32 NFL teams

• Cleveland Browns: Too early to tell. Have sold out four games.

Complete article http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nf..._N.htm#forecast

By Sean Leahy, USA TODAY

If the economy is slowly rebounding, ticket sales for many NFL teams have yet to take the corresponding bounce for the upcoming season.

Two teams — the San Diego Chargers and the Jacksonville Jaguars— say it's likely they will have home TV blackouts this season due to an inability to sell out their stadiums. At least 10 other teams could also face blackouts.

BLACKOUT FORECAST: Blackout prognosis for all 32 NFL teams

• Cleveland Browns: Too early to tell. Have sold out four games.

Complete article http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nf..._N.htm#forecast

Gosh..maybe they could consider, I dunno, lowering ticket prices. Much better to people in the seats for a reduced price that no money at all.

that would be very depressing for any team to face that kind of situation, but i think it's highly unlikely. the NFL and the individual team would have to work something out. I think the only true team in danger of that is the Jags, but what was stated is right. There shouldn't really be a team there to start with, and the way ticket prices are make it even harder. No way there's a blackout though, way too much bad PR

I have nothing against Jacksonville, it's just my opinion that the NFL should have awarded Balt with an expansion team in 1995. We know what happened after that decision.

that would be very depressing for any team to face that kind of situation, but i think it's highly unlikely. the NFL and the individual team would have to work something out. I think the only true team in danger of that is the Jags, but what was stated is right. There shouldn't really be a team there to start with, and the way ticket prices are make it even harder. No way there's a blackout though, way too much bad PR

The owners are united on blackout rules.....no sellout 72 hours before the game, no local TV.

For years and years Browns home games were never on TV as we couldn't sell out the Muni.

And they better not start discounting regular season games.

The owners are united on blackout rules.....no sellout 72 hours before the game, no local TV.

For years and years Browns home games were never on TV as we couldn't sell out the Muni.

And they better not start discounting regular season games.

i completely understand why they do it. They have to protect themselves in that regard. The only point i'm making is that this situation is unique, people simply can't afford tickets in certain areas. I'm saying for this year in particular they might want to consider making an exception until the economy is in the rebound. But then again owners are dicks, and only care about money over people.

Archived