THE BROWNS BOARD

It's All About The QB! Always has been!

Orion

15 hours ago, hoorta said:

Dominate?  Got a martyr complex now to add to your psycho resume? Be thankful we let you post off the wall 4 year old crap (no chance whatsoever things may be totally different now, LOL) and you think it still somehow means the same thing years down the road. 

Trying to make a point about what Joe Thomas said in 2018?  Get outta here with that crap. 

BTW, I have plenty of permission to kick your nutso ass off of here for as long as I would feel like doing- so as I PMed you- don't push your luck    

and don't do it again. You lost respect when you gave Axe three warning points for pointing out the truth about yourself. Seems YOU always have to have the last word. That's mine. It's cowardly to bring up the poli board again and again - we don't like you, don't respect you, don't care about you. YOu start trouble to get people kicked off the board.

I sneeze in your dishonest wine soaking up direction, want to talk football, and I will do it any time I want.

Grow up and join a AAA meeting. And there are others who feel the same way. Sober the f up.

I don't post all that much most of the time here. Unless you and your roomie Tiam start crap.

22 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

But year 3 though... ?!?! Whoa boy, you couldn't WAIT to ride that dick and let everyone know.     

shove it. I don't like arrogant wannaby bullies.

You and Whoorta are like Hoortiam. STFU.

I do like you pics with plays though. So, have you ever done a mock draft?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

and don't do it again. You lost respect when you gave Axe three warning points for pointing out the truth about yourself. Seems YOU always have to have the last word. That's mine. It's cowardly to bring up the poli board again and again - we don't like you, don't respect you, don't care about you. YOu start trouble to get people kicked off the board.

I sneeze in your dishonest wine soaking up direction, want to talk football, and I will do it any time I want.

Grow up and join a AAA meeting. And there are others who feel the same way. Sober the f up.

I don't post all that much most of the time here. Unless you and your roomie Tiam start crap.

So why don't you get yourself some psychiatric counselling?  You're fruit loop nuts.. And I have at least three other posters who 100% agree with me...  You don't post much?  Golly gee 51,000 posts isn't much?   :D 

Um no you won't...  See ya next week   BTW, checking your warnings- I noticed one of them came from Atenears himself... So I wouldn't bother crying to Kathy when you come back...  

LOL @ all the vitriol going on... Sit down guys and smoke a doobie and chill... We all want the same thing as far as the Browns go...

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

55 minutes ago, nickers said:

LOL @ all the vitriol going on... Sit down guys and smoke a doobie and chill... We all want the same thing as far as the Browns go...

Perfectly calm Nickers.. Yeah, things did get out of hand...  

EDIT: Regarding Cal...  As I responded to him earlier in this thread...  BTW, I have plenty of permission to kick your nutso ass off of here for as long as I would feel like doing- so as I PMed you- don't push your luck.

Cal wasn't listening, and pushed his luck too far this time... :(  Must have thought he was posting to the Political Forum where there aren't any rules...     

I don't know how hoorta is going to sleep tonight with the knowledge that cal and the other brilliant minds of the Political Forum have lost respect for him.

Hey hoorta, when you go to one of those "AAA" meetings be sure to grab me some road maps. I'm old-school that way. 

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

Cal wasn't listening, and pushed his luck too far this time... :(  Must have thought he was posting to the Political Forum where there aren't any rules...     

what'd I miss ?

RmE6lMCU7vNyNbb9ZQ.gif      3fca41d271f7ea73a07046b2ea5c367a.thumb.jpg.f3e81e1a7f7ec3f5a1c2cc6cd10f9c82.jpg  👀 sending her your way  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

Perfectly calm Nickers.. Yeah, things did get out of hand...  

EDIT: Regarding Cal...  As I responded to him earlier in this thread...  BTW, I have plenty of permission to kick your nutso ass off of here for as long as I would feel like doing- so as I PMed you- don't push your luck.

uh oh poor cal but i do like to troll the polo board from time to time

4 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I don't know how hoorta is going to sleep tonight with the knowledge that cal and the other brilliant minds of the Political Forum have lost respect for him.

Hey hoorta, when you go to one of those "AAA" meetings be sure to grab me some road maps. I'm old-school that way. 

I've yet to ask Zombo (who's been known to have a beer or three) what his reaction would have been if Cal had called him an alcoholic, and suggested he go to AA. :)   Oh, I won't pile on AAA? I'd suggest a road map here.  https://www.healthgrades.com/psychiatry-directory/oh-ohio/cleveland

I'm just going to say this and (probably) just shut up on  the topic... What's done is done...  To quote our dear departed member Gipper, Cal's opinion of me isn't worth a cabbage fart.    

So to my (friends) sort of- from the Poli Board before you get up in arms, and I'm going to name you by name....  Vambo, Gorka, Diehard Browns Fan, Axe...  Miss anyone?   Here's the BIG difference...  You guys know how to behave when you post here... Cal's brain has left the station without him, and he's no longer able to distinguish the difference.  I tolerated the illogic, obsessive compulsive retorts, and personal insults as long as I could.  I hope he'll learn (doubtful) with his kiddie timeout that there's different rules on the Browns Forum as opposed to the Political Forum...  And repeatedly insulting a Moderator isn't one of them...  I'll just say that Cal was repeatedly warned, both publicly and in private PMs to back off, but like the now departed Rich4Eagle, he just kept on keeping on escalating the rhetoric level until "I had no choice".  :(

2 hours ago, gumby73 said:

what'd I miss ?

RmE6lMCU7vNyNbb9ZQ.gif      3fca41d271f7ea73a07046b2ea5c367a.thumb.jpg.f3e81e1a7f7ec3f5a1c2cc6cd10f9c82.jpg  👀 sending her your way

I'm certainly not my parents Gumby,  but if you have zero moderation, things rapidly devolve into anarchy.  & damn, I hate putting my Moderator hat on, especially in this particular case. Anyone around here old enough to remember totally unmoderated UseNet in the early days of the Internet?  It rapidly became a troll and spam infested cesspool.   

BTW, she can pick out a bottle or three for me anytime.  :D   

On 1/17/2022 at 1:53 PM, hoorta said:

Well, I don't.. :)  Again, sorry... Standing next to someone and putting a measuring tape on them are two different critters entirely.  FWIW, before I started shrinking in my old age I measured nearly 6'2", 1\2" short of that...  I met Dough Dieken decades ago face to face several times at Browns Backers functions.. And you'd never convince me he's 6'5" either.     

At :12 in the video.

Jerry Rice is 6'2"

Still don't believe it?

One inch does make a difference.

• Upvote 1

No shot to Russell Wilson, but is it a coincidence that as soon as he leaves the game we see the offense operate on script, with TEs leaking through the MOF? Beautiful drive from Geno

Share this Tweet

This has been evident with Wilson and others for years, as typically shorter QBs do tend to throw fewer balls over the middle portions of the field. It doesn’t mean they’re necessarily worse at throwing them, it just means that they throw less of them because it’s harder to create windows for them to see. In the grand scheme of things, it’s not a big deal if you can throw a brilliant deep ball and achieve success in other areas—as Wilson does—but it certainly restricts your passing offense and certain play designs if a short QB just isn’t willing to be overly aggressive.

Height doesn’t seem to have any effect on the percentages until they dip below the 6-foot-2 (or 1.88 meters). It’s at that point where it becomes nearly impossible to be able to use the middle portion of the field at an above-average level (Murray is sort of an exception).

That second point is particularly interesting, as 6-foot-2 is generally the benchmark used to discuss QB height in the draft scouting process. I’ve always thought of that ‘old-fashioned’ mark to be entirely arbitrary—why not 6-foot-1 or 6-foot-3? Well, it might just be luck, or it might show that perhaps there is a legitimate method behind the thresholds scouts use. Who knows?

What I do know is being short does significantly hurt your chances of seeing—and therefore attempting—middle of the field passes.

8 hours ago, hoorta said:

But that doesn't mean Baker can't succeed because he's only 6'0"....

...succeed at what?   I doubt he could play the center position in basketball.  Just like Myles can't be a jockey.  Sometimes, there are size requirements.

8 hours ago, Gorka said:

No shot to Russell Wilson, but is it a coincidence that as soon as he leaves the game we see the offense operate on script, with TEs leaking through the MOF? Beautiful drive from Geno

Share this Tweet

This has been evident with Wilson and others for years, as typically shorter QBs do tend to throw fewer balls over the middle portions of the field. It doesn’t mean they’re necessarily worse at throwing them, it just means that they throw less of them because it’s harder to create windows for them to see. In the grand scheme of things, it’s not a big deal if you can throw a brilliant deep ball and achieve success in other areas—as Wilson does—but it certainly restricts your passing offense and certain play designs if a short QB just isn’t willing to be overly aggressive.

Height doesn’t seem to have any effect on the percentages until they dip below the 6-foot-2 (or 1.88 meters). It’s at that point where it becomes nearly impossible to be able to use the middle portion of the field at an above-average level (Murray is sort of an exception).

That second point is particularly interesting, as 6-foot-2 is generally the benchmark used to discuss QB height in the draft scouting process. I’ve always thought of that ‘old-fashioned’ mark to be entirely arbitrary—why not 6-foot-1 or 6-foot-3? Well, it might just be luck, or it might show that perhaps there is a legitimate method behind the thresholds scouts use. Who knows?

What I do know is being short does significantly hurt your chances of seeing—and therefore attempting—middle of the field passes.

That definitely is interesting. I read something similar about QB height way back when during the draft that featured Testaverde. 

Scouts were debating Vinny's skills, but the one thing they all agreed on is he was the "prototype build" at QB.

Anyhow, best of luck to Mayfield on his rehab/recovery. One of the most interesting off seasons in Browns recent history right now, hope Berry & company get the ship righted.

11 hours ago, gumby73 said:

what'd I miss ?

I'm no wine expert, but I'd like to meet up with her & down some sangria or Mad Dog lol.

15 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Dammit, warped minds think alike. I was going to post something along those lines until I read this.😂

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

What is it like being 17?  Remind me because I miss that shit 😭😭😭

Lol yeah...brought a bottle of the Banana Red to one of our tailgates this year just for the fun & flashbacks of it. At age 58, I took the 1st drink before passing it around (no Covid shaming please haha)....my 1st thought was "how in the hell did we drink this crap?" 

2 hours ago, Bob806 said:

I'm no wine expert, but I'd like to meet up with her & down some sangria or Mad Dog lol.

all I know is.... these classy dressed ladies weren't hanging around our local Beer runs nor Mad Dog selves...

0053e07116e0980cd71ae2efdfb9121f.thumb.jpg.58895f7608456aabe125bf6d69a254c5.jpg

When Hoorta makes his next swilll run to the Winery?  We may need your RV for any attending guest 🤩  🍾 🍷   and I don't drink nor need wine 😃

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

See the secret ingredient is the juvenile delinquency. 

That gave me one hell of a chuckle... But you are probably right :)

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I propose Vambo, Gorka, Diehard Browns Fan, Axe...  Miss anyone?   😂 Oh yeah, the currently mumified cal.🤣

thats funny I forgot cal was in time out