THE BROWNS BOARD

Bengals' Andre Smith breaks foot

samoth

i really wonder what kind of shape this guy will show up in when he is healthy. seeing as he is overweight as it is when he is able to work out, i have to guess he will be in worse condition. this guy cares about one thing and that's getting paid. it should be interesting to see how out of shape he is when he comes back because you know he won't eat right in order to keep his weight down since running is out of the question. is it too early to label him a bust?

i really wonder what kind of shape this guy will show up in when he is healthy. seeing as he is overweight as it is when he is able to work out, i have to guess he will be in worse condition. this guy cares about one thing and that's getting paid. it should be interesting to see how out of shape he is when he comes back because you know he won't eat right in order to keep his weight down since running is out of the question. is it too early to label him a bust?

That label was tattoo'd onto his face the moment the Bengals drafted him.

Reports are he showed up @ 370lbs to practice and broke his foot on a barely physical drill. Bust? You tell me. First thing that comes to mind is that's a hard injury to fully rebound from, especially for a 350+ pound man. You're going to be pushing over three bills of an already broken foot while facing another 300lbs + pressure pushing against it. Then you factor in time off for it to heal as best as possible. Reports are stating two weeks, tops. Doubtful.

More like 8+ weeks minimum with that crack training staff. By the time he shows up able to practice again he'll be a 400+ pound blob with a bad foot on top of his already lazy work ethic, sense of entitlement, and lack of maturity. I'd say yeah you can probably call him a bust this early into it.

He showed up at 364, he's at 357 as of today and his playing weight is <350 stipulated by contract.

so if he doesn't make weight, he doesn't get paid?

Its a per game clause. If he's active, and over 350 on game day, he only gets 50% of his base salary for the game.

Umm yeah, so he shows up sunday, breaks his foot tuesday and somehow also dropped 7 pounds in two days? Working with the same training staff who per HBO's Hard Knocks put their fullback on a diet and exercise program to make weight only to have him GAIN 12 pounds in a week and a half? Interesting....

7 lbs in 2 days is absolutely nothing to a man that size..... he can miss breakfast and take a shit .. presto 7lbs lighter.

Archived