THE BROWNS BOARD

This Week in the NFL Playoffs

Zombo

The longest NFL season is over, and 14 teams have punched their ticket. Let's get it down to 8:

Las Vegas @ Cincinnati, Saturday 4:30 PM

The Raiders are playing with House Money and have been for a while, it seems to suit them. The Bungles are an average team with a spectacular WR in Ja'Marr Chase. Raiders DC Gus Bradley has his hands full, but I think he will find a way to slow down the rookie. Derek Carr will ice this one away in frozen Cincy. RAIDERS 26 BUNGLES 23

fe7b34b5eedfc0f134eba5321113eae7.jpg

New England @ Buffalo, Saturday 8:15 PM

Buffalo says "that's not frozen in Cincy ... I'll show you frozen!" We are looking 4* at kickoff. The last time these two played with weather as a factor, Belichik totally outfoxed the Bills, and I expect the same results tonight. A lot of people have gone into debt by betting against a Belichick team in the postseason, I'll just leave it at that. PATRIOTS 14 BILLS 13

ec54b8cff26b496879b1236fb4423ebf.jpg

Philly @ Tampa Bay, Sunday 1: 00 PM

OK, this is more my kind of weather. Although it is a little cooler up in Tampa than it is here at The Great Zomboni's Lair in Naples. Speaking of cool, we all know TB12 will win this game, but I'm gonna take those 8 and a half points because the Eagles were smart to rest last week, and chasing a rested, healthy Jalen Hurts around won't be fun for the Buc D. BUCCANEERS 30 EAGLES 24

dee10bc81370a52c9483b24b46d84621--buccan

San Francisco @ Dallas, Sunday 4:30 PM

The 49ers are so verasatile on offense, and play such a good brand of defense that they are this year's "the team nobody wants to play". While gettin Dack back, and adding Micah Parsons has made the Cowboys winners again, it feels like the sum of the parts is greater than the whole in Dallas. Plus, everyone loves watching Jerrah lose at Jerrah's World. 49ERS 34 COWBOYS 30

dd1fbd407f30dc6151b04336cc76c5a7.jpg

Pittsburgh at Kansas City, Sunday 8:15 PM

The most interesting thing about this game is seeing what kind of shape those Chiefs fan are in after tailgaiting in the cold from 8 AM to 8 PM. As for the game itself ... Let's see, the Chiefs beat them 36-10 three weeks ago, let's add a touchdown for Kelce playing this time, and, Wahlah: CHIEFS 43 STEELERS 10

959e8a99087676e3680f5ee5064da450.jpg

Arizona at LA Rams, Monday 8:15 PM

I find the Cardinals over-rated, but I also find the Rams over-rated. Aaron Donald is not over-rated, so I'll take the Rams. But either one of these West Coast pussy teams gets stomped in Lambeau next week. RAMS 27 CARDINALS 26

7a23954c6a2ab9cf9783d4d13b0c0af6.jpg

TGZ

58 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Watching Josh Allen play I think if the Browns had taken him...........................................................................................he'd be on a new bought ranch in Wyoming pushing cattle and throwing 'em hay..

Cheerleaders cute, Z's predictions... Not so much...  I figured dem Bungles were going to have too much firepower for da Radurs... Check....  Worried Bill was going to give the Bills a fight... Turned out they did- for around 5 minutes. Poor Bills punter must have froze himself on the sidelines when you don't have to punt the entire game, that's some domination.   

Glad to see two hated teams sent home today... Hope the Chiefs sent those zombie refuse to die Steelers and Ben into retirement Sunday night.  Personally, I don't give a rat about the early Sunday games.  

I'm thinkin' that in the last few games Von Miller has been playing injury free and back to his championship form in concert with Donald and the rest of the Rams D-line. Nightmare comes true for the quick little guy. TB with healthy receivers for the Goat will be the winner and SF forces Dak into a key mistake for the win.

KC routes the squealers and BB retires.

It's interesting watching how NFL DC's are attacking running games that involve the QB and certain reads/pulls.  

It's almost like getting opportunities to play offense, but on defense.  Sending small(er) bodies off the edge and not playing too narrow or wide on the mesh point to "muddle" the read. As a result you have athletes who are able to tackle inside but recover outside.     Fun watch on the early going for this Tampa defense.

14 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Watching Josh Allen play I think if the Browns had taken him...........................................................................................he'd be on a new bought ranch in Wyoming pushing cattle and throwing 'em hay..

I watched Baker on whats-his-name show where he grills qb's in the draft. He was freaking impressed with Baker. Then they go out and do an accuracy drill. Baker nailed every throw perfectly.

Qb appraisal - Arizona pick ten overall - rosen????????

It's an imperfect science. Teams that don't look at character, work ethic, love for the game - help themselves make big mistakes in the draft. Rosen failed on different criteria I like to consider. Josh Allen didn't. His accuracy was obviously a concern, but his athleticism, work ethic, charater, leadership - was outstanding. That resolved the accuracy problem. He showed beautiful touch on his passes in that last game - Buttichek (the genius lol) had to be seriously impressed.

Troy says it's as easy as running a 15 yard curl against off coverage on 3rd down.  Philly comes back with just that on 4th and Carlton Davis almost has a pick six. 

Troy - you're a HoF QB, but these Tampa DB's have zero fear of receivers running past them.  They're playing HEAVY at the sticks and attack the first break they see in front of them. 

If Philly is hell bent on being in 21 personnel early downs to threaten the run, they need harder play action and some designed vertical shots on those early downs to get these DBs to act a little more honest.  Otherwise this game is already over.

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

I watched Baker on whats-his-name show where he grills qb's in the draft. He was freaking impressed with Baker. Then they go out and do an accuracy drill. Baker nailed every throw perfectly.

It's an imperfect science. Teams that don't look at character, work ethic, love for the game - help themselves make big mistakes in the draft. Rosen failed on different criteria I like to consider. Josh Allen didn't. His accuracy was obviously a concern, but his athleticism, work ethic, charater, leadership - was outstanding. That resolved the accuracy problem. He showed beautiful touch on his passes in that last game - Buttichek (the genius lol) had to be seriously impressed.

Yes Cal, me and Flugels have (figuratively) kissed and made up via a phone call that the shoulder injury has (hopefully just temporarily) ruined Baker's accuracy. He was 70% in the accuracy department before he got hurt.  

Now regarding your fave Josh Allen...  I've said it more times than I can count, his accuracy was demonstrably terrible at Wyoming- hence my HUGE concern.  Regarding the bold, that has absolutely NOTHING to do with the orders of magnitude improvement in his accuracy.  He worked his butt off with Jordan Palmer in the off season fixing flaws in his mechanics, and that's where the improvement in accuracy came from. It didn't happen by accident, and Josh is one of the very rare birds able to do so at the NFL level.  Yeah- I saw the second coming of John Elway wearing a Bills uniform last night.  https://billswire.usatoday.com/2020/12/06/buffalo-bills-josh-allen-digital-mapping-mechanics-jordan-palmer/

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Browns149 said:

Jalen Hurts is not a very good QB. That was a horrible interception 

And now TB 31-0. oh yeah you have to love those playoffs !   

.......... with ol' man Grady hanging around chalking up TDs and cashing checks.....   is this a great game or what !

2 hours ago, Browns149 said:

Jalen Hurts is not a very good QB. That was a horrible interception 

Jalen Hurts is pure garbage at the QB position...

1 minute ago, Dutch Oven said:

Are the 49ers going to Trey Lance next year? 

Most likely, even though he's struggled beyond normal rookies in his limited action.   His pre-season stuff was some of the worst I had seen from a 1st round QB.

Not taking Justin Fields may come back to bite them. 

4 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

He had zero touch at Wyoming and in all the combine/pro days drills. As hoorta clarified he got serious help and learned his lessons well. I was pointing out to my wife with replays all the different kinds of passes he was throwing and how easily he delivered them all. I admit I got that one wrong. Never thought that arm could be trained to use in anything other than cannon shots. He changed and good for him.👍

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

It's impressive what kind of offenses Kyle Shanahan puts put despite having a middle tier QB in Jimmy G.

They have a much better WR and an all pro TE

2 minutes ago, Orion said:

...but is he a better version of what we have?

I’d say yes, but he does seem to get hurt every year

• Upvote 1