THE BROWNS BOARD

Contra Shep's "there are no young Republicans" meme

Guest Aloysius

Contra Shep's "Permanent majority/what will the new party be called?/the GOP is dead/get used to losing elections" meme:

Experts not named Shep see the GOP winning 20 seats in the midterms.

Charlie Crook says there is, "a consensus forming that the chances of Democratic losses going higher than 20 seats is just as good as the chances of Democratic losses going lower than 20 seats."

Nate Silver predicted that Republicans will win between 20 and 50 seats next year. He also argues that the GOP has between a 25 and 33 percent chance of winning back control of the House.

Guest Aloysius
Charlie Crook says there is, "a consensus forming that the chances of Democratic losses going higher than 20 seats is just as good as the chances of Democratic losses going lower than 20 seats."

Nate Silver predicted that Republicans will win between 20 and 50 seats next year. He also argues that the GOP has between a 25 and 33 percent chance of winning back control of the House.

I don't generally buy the whole "the party will be better off if it loses" argument, but I can't help but think that a big win based on the "Obama's gonna kill your grandma" meme would only further delay the emergence of a more sensible/pragmatic/sane GOP.

Hopefully, that doesn't happen.

Al, the lib's mod, translation:

"I want some serious conversation around here. So, I'm comparing all

Republicans to a kid who doesn't want bacon, with a black/white situation

thrown in for good measure"

Therefore, political expediency is the end-all goal for liberals.

With a diss on eating bacon.

Dumb thread contridicts the poster's alleged intent, as usual.

(NO !!! DON'T LOOK AT OBAMA BEHIND THOSE SMOKE AND MIRRORS, HIS UGLY TREE

HAS THE BARK FALLING OFF MORE AND MORE !!!! NO-O-O !!!!!!!) ("whine,pout")

I don't generally buy the whole "the party will be better off if it loses" argument, but I can't help but think that a big win based on the "Obama's gonna kill your grandma" meme would only further delay the emergence of a more sensible/pragmatic/sane GOP.

Hopefully, that doesn't happen.

Hey it worked for you guys......

<_<

WSS

Archived