THE BROWNS BOARD

This Week in the NFL Playoffs

Zombo

Only The Great Zomboni has lasted longer than Tom Brady as I started writing "This Week" in 1997, before the Browns were back, and Brady was backing up Brian Griese at TSUN. Last week TGZ predicted Brady's demise, and it sounds like he is taking his ball and going home. Great Zomboni Outlasts All. Let's see whose spirit we can break this week:

Cincinnati at Kansas City 3:00 PM

Congrats to the Bungles on repping the AFC North and getting this far. But this party is over. Edging the Raiders at home, and having the Tits simply not show up is one thing ... Chiefs on the road in the playoffs is a whole different matter. Only Brady accomplished that. Joe Burrow ... You are no Tom Brady. Another masterful gameplan by Reid and the Chiefs, and plenty more sacks of Burrow CHIEFS 38 BUNGLES 20

761c9c0c8c9e05aa83e1a659b4287721.jpg

San Francisco at LA Rams 6:30 PM

I like these scrappy 49ers. I like their fans, I like their uniforms, I like their coach, I love their defense and Deebo Samuels and George Kittle. But Jimmy Garapolo plays like he is dying to lose these games for his team. He's in over his head once again against the powerful Rams, and I'll just keep riding Aaron Donalds back through the NFC. RAMS 30 49ERS 19

sr22.jpg

TGZ

• Upvote 2

KC vs CIN  37-21 KC. I can’t see Burrow outplaying Mahommes. Especially when he is constantly under pressure 

LAR vs SF. 23-16 Rams. I can see Jimmy G losing this game late. Stafford is better and has a better team around him. 

38 minutes ago, Gorka said:

But we have 4 NFL Championships, remember!?!?!...plus 4 AAFC Championships!

Good old Gipper rest his soul. lol 

I was born in 1963, the year a$$hole Art fired Paul Brown & JFK got shot. My dad jokingly told me I was the curse lol 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

I was born in 1963, the year a$$hole Art fired Paul Brown & JFK got shot. My dad jokingly told me I was the curse lol 

My younger brother was born that year at Lakewood Hospital.  It was a bad year.  Mother almost died giving birth and he was born a premie less than 3 lbs.  Almost didn't make it.

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

We need our Hill, Chase, Samuel or Kupp. Number one priority this off-season. 

FI5eIkTXMAk9PRZ.jpg.b18d242241655030bf8f54fa6fe893dc.jpg and a 52 yard Kicker.. Bengals up 24-21 

Just now, D Bone said:

Should've kicked the FG at the end of the half Andy. ANAL licktics strikes again.... ask Mike Vrabel how he likes them. 

Good call but the Wrong play call…a WR screen with a dancing jitter bug.  Nope.  Had to be a slant or something quick in the end zone 

2 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

You've got to be kidding me.

The Bengals are going to the Super Bowl for their third time, while... shit, I can't even write it. 

Best QB in the north goes. 

Just now, SdBacker80 said:

Good call but the Wrong play call…a WR screen with a dancing jitter bug.  Nope.  Had to be a slant or something quick in the end zone 

I would've kicked it 1000 times out of 1000.... and I'd be in the SB. 

2 minutes ago, D Bone said:

Should've kicked the FG at the end of the half Andy. ANAL licktics strikes again.... ask Mike Vrabel how he likes them. 

That had nothing to do about analytics.

He was greedy, and thought he could get another play in before kicking it, but then his guy gets tackled in bounds.

2 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

That had nothing to do about analytics.

He was greedy, and thought he could get another play in before kicking it, but then his guy gets tackled in bounds.

5 seconds left. The average play takes 6 seconds. Take your 3 and don't give your opponent any momentum at half time and give your team the most predictable chance to win the game.

Just now, D Bone said:

5 seconds left. The average play takes 6 seconds. Take your 3 and don't give your opponent any momentum at half time and give your team the most predictable chance to win the game.

Right.

You literally made my point. That wasn't analytics, that was Reid being greedy. He didn't choose going for a touchdown over the easy three points, he thought he could go for the touchdown one more time, then get the gimme three points.

And at the end of the day, the bigger problem is why did the Chiefs offense completely disappear in the second half?

• Upvote 1