THE BROWNS BOARD

This Week in the NFL Playoffs

Zombo

4 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Right.

You literally made my point. That wasn't analytics, that was Reid being greedy. He didn't choose going for a touchdown over the easy three points, he thought he could go for the touchdown one more time, then get the gimme three points.

And at the end of the day, the bigger problem is why did the Chiefs offense completely disappear in the second half?

Greed yes, we'll have to see if Andy admits as to what fueled it.... I'm pissed because he fucked up my Super Bowl pick in your prediction thread.

Now it's time to watch the SB winner anyway.... let's go Rams!! (and kick the muther fucking FG and/or XP) 

7 minutes ago, BernieSuperBowl2 said:

Congrats to Cincinnati and Joe Burrow. That's the difference between having an elite QB and a bottom 10 QB like Baker. Winners find ways to win. Baker's a loser. 

Meh. I'd say their defense put that one to bed for them. (Joe putting up 250 yards and a 86 QBR)  But ya... Ok...

3 minutes ago, hx214 said:

Meh. I'd say their defense put that one to bed for them. (Joe putting up 250 yards and a 86 QBR)  But ya... Ok...

ya the D came up big for em but joe did what he had to do to win

27 minutes ago, D Bone said:

5 seconds left. The average play takes 6 seconds. Take your 3 and don't give your opponent any momentum at half time and give your team the most predictable chance to win the game.

The average play isn’t from the the 1 yard line. There’s more than enough time to run a play there, it was just really stupid. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, hx214 said:

I’m honestly not trying to be a butt saying this, but this comment is kind of missing the point. The bigger point is that when the game is on the line, Joey B. Makes the throws. It won’t go down in the books, but Joe made a throw to Higgins for a first down in OT that moved the sticks. Last week he made the throw to Chase to set them up too. 

That’s why Brady has 7 rings. That’s also the biggest reason I have doubts about #6. 

• Upvote 4

38 minutes ago, hx214 said:

A typical butthurt Baker fan response. You're the only "meh" here, dipshit. Joe came back from 21-3 to lead his team to victory, including drives in the fourth quarter and overtime to win his team the game, something Baker could never do. 

You want to look at passing yards and a QBR? Then let's revisit the 2020 Browns vs. Chiefs playoff game: Baker Mayfield - 204 yards and a 74.6 QBR and multiple fourth quarter chokes in a LOSING effort. 

46 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

I’m honestly not trying to be a butt saying this, but this comment is kind of missing the point. The bigger point is that when the game is on the line, Joey B. Makes the throws. It won’t go down in the books, but Joe made a throw to Higgins for a first down in OT that moved the sticks. Last week he made the throw to Chase to set them up too. 

That’s why Brady has 7 rings. That’s also the biggest reason I have doubts about #6. 

Truth, Baker was 0/6 on game winning drives this season.

Cincinnati is going to SB 56, how about that !

From a real AFCN and NFL worst to first Joe Burrow was indeed a good pick.

Now can they win it all ?

t585396_0_150x150.jpg
EditDelete
mjp commented 10 minutes ago     from another board....

I still look back at this Fleaflicker League SB 56 season and can't ever remember 6 teams finished with 7 wins at the top.

And all 10 teams at 5 or more wins.  Kinda like the regular NFL season this SB 56 year..

I'm hoping to see a CIN versus SF game with Ohio's CIN the winner but we'll see.

SF 10  LA 7  in the 3rd......

1 minute ago, mjp28 said:

And SF scores again 17-7.   I'll take it.

17-13 and the regular and post season scorers know what to do !

1 hour ago, D Bone said:

What a weird stadium atmosphere. Equally loud for both offenses. 

You could make a case that the Raiders are the most popular team in LA and the Niners probably have the largest contingent of fans throughout the state.  And then you have transplants everywhere. 

That leaves the Rams and Chargers outnumbered in their own stadium 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

You could make a case that the Raiders are the most popular team in LA and the Niners probably have the largest contingent of fans throughout the state.  And then you have transplants everywhere. 

That leaves the Rams and Chargers outnumbered in their own stadium 

Yep, LA is weird regarding football, but we get to watch the Rams in the SB at home! So glad to send the 9ers back to their shit hole. 

Crappo INT .......Oh well  LAR versus Cincinnati in a long away game in SB 56.   GO CINCINNATI, OHIO !

On 1/30/2022 at 2:56 PM, Gorka said:

Rooting for the Bengals.

Can't think of a longer suffering fanbase.

F the Bungles... From your pal in SW Ohio in Bungle Land... The biggest fairweather fanbase in all of NFL football... they've crawled out from under their rocks as they always do.. Super duper doo doo fans everywhere... We ALWAYS supported them... Yeah all of a few hundred if them or so.  :D   I tell ya Gorka, they're literally creaming their pants down here now... And now I'm going to have to put up with Bungle hysteria for the next two weeks...  .   

To give away my age... I was14 when the Browns won their last Championship. The stinking upstart Bungles Super Bowl appearances, if you're keeping track.. Bungles 3, Browns- Zero. 

What a shitty Super Bowl- sucky Bungles against the Kroenke Carpetbagger Rams. 

PS-  as was pointed out those Lions fans have been suffering even longer than we have....    We're the only two old school teams that have never been to the Big Dance.  

12 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

And at the end of the day, the bigger problem is why did the Chiefs offense completely disappear in the second half?

That is definitely a mystery.

I happen to think Mahomes is crazy talented, but he definitely had trouble seeing guys open. He tried buying time and that didn't work either. When Cincy stopped their running game a few carries, KC went away from it.

I don't think the pundits will crucify Reid or Mahomes, but that sure was strange. 

I can see Cincy being SB champs, as long as Burrow doesn't get crushed by Aaron Donald 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, hoorta said:

To give away my age... I was 14 when the Browns won their last Championship. The stinking upstart Bungles Super Bowl appearances, if you're keeping track.. Bungles 2, Browns- Zero. 

That would be Cincinnati 3, Cleveland 0.

14 hours ago, hoorta said:

F the Bungles... From your pal in SW Ohio in Bungle Land... The biggest fairweather fanbase in all of NFL football... they've crawled out from under their rocks as they always doo-doo.. Super duper doo doo fans everywhere... We ALWAYS supported them... Yeah all of a few hundred if them or so.  :D   I tell ya Gorka, they're literally creaming their pants down here now... And now I'm going to have to put up with Bungle hysteria for the next two weeks...  .   

To give away my age... I was14 when the Browns won their last Championship. The stinking upstart Bungles Super Bowl appearances, if you're keeping track.. Bungles 2, Browns- Zero. 

What a shitty Super Bowl- sucky Bungles against the Kroenke Carpetbagger Rams. 

PS-  as was pointed out those Lions fans have been suffering even longer than we have....    We're the only two old school team that have never been to the Big Dance.  

Right.   It's a lousy choice the team for hire versus the. AFCN Cincinnati Ben-gals  only given that choice I guess it's Cincinnati.

So it's Go Ben-gals !  

When's the draft again ?   And when do pitchers and catchers report ?  (another not great choice the glad-he-ate-hers, lol )