THE BROWNS BOARD

Dear The Brownsboard Members

Hag2

Dear The Brownsboard Members,

I am Kathy, also known as Stan's wife. I wanted to reach out to all The Brownsboard Die Hards to say Thank You for being such loyal Browns fans and also, extremely loyal patrons on TBB. 

To be fair to you all, I wanted to be the one to reach out to all of you with some major decisions I have had to make in the last 3 years after Stans passing (aka Atenears) and this includes this message board. Unfortunately, with lots of thought and consideration, I have made probably one of my toughest decisions in 3 years and have decided to shut the doors with TBB as of April 1st for now.

I would like to explain that it isn't about the patrons on the site. You All have been very loyal and true fans!
But what it is about is the lack of maintenance and upkeep. I myself do not know how to take care of it. I have met with a number of people over the last 3 years and nothing ever seems to work out. This clearly was Stan's baby! It's also about the time and effort the moderators have given for free over the years and quite honestly I feel its not fair on my part to have them take time out of their days to take care of something they don't even own. I'm sure at some point they would like to be die hard Browns Fans just like the rest of you. It's, also, about the many fees that are paid monthly to carry on Stan's legacy. Sorry to say, I really wish I would have learned how to take care of this when he was still here but I didn't and at this time in my life I don't have the time. Lastly and most importantly, it's about me moving forward at this time in life. Im not shutting the door on Stan. He was and still is my whole world but I am trying to move forward with my life. We, unfortunately, only have one shot in life and Stan has proven that to all of us and that includes myself!

I am telling you all right now, first hand.. I will NOT be "giving" away the site and I most definitely will NOT be selling his domains. Those to me are his legacy. So, for the love of the Browns, don't ask. Hopefully, I will finally find someone that can help me before April 1st and this post will be corrected but until then April 1st is the day. 

So, I'd like to Thank each and every single one of you from the bottom of my heart for being part of The Brownsboard for almost 20 years and also, for helping keep Atenears Legacy alive. I know he's proud of the Brown's and that includes all of you!! Good luck to you all!!! Its been a great run! GO BROWNS!! XOXO

HAG2

• Like 2
  • Thanks 12
  • Upvote 3

• Zombo pinned this topic

Thank you 💕 Kathy I know that this is a hard decision to make and you have made what is truly the best for you at this time.

We will never forget what Stan has done to set and run TBB all of these years.

Best wishes to  you and Stan in the few times we had chatted over my 5+ enjoyable years here.

Michael J Pirko  "mjp28". 

• Thanks 3

And a special thanks to Zombo for all he has done to help keeping TBB running.  

Thanks man. 🌹

• Thanks 6
  • Upvote 3

Kathy, a big thanks for keeping things up and running for as long as you have.  It hasn't been just a Football Forum, along the way we've all created relationships with people that I truly count as my friends.  Yeah- my wife tells me on a regular basis I spend far too much time on the Board arguing Football with a lot of Browns fans, most of whom I've never met.  :) 

Hopefully, in the ensuing months you can find a computer geek who can keep the place up and running. And if not, as you say- life goes on.  

Larry  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

And a special thanks to Zombo for all he has done to help keeping TBB running.  

Thanks man. 🌹

Thanks man. It was important to me to keep this place rolling in the spirit Stan intended. The memories are awesome, as are the lifetime friendships forged.

Neither Kathy nor I know a thing about the tech side of this. It's a miracle it kept running on it's own.  Neither of us had Stan's passwords or knowledge of who to contact or how to update the site. So either someone comes along that can make her comfortable with a plan moving forward,  or someone on here starts a new board and invites all of us. Either way, I am in, but not as a administrator/moderator,  I've done my time, time for someone else to helm this thing so I can just be a regular asshole fan like the rest of you 😄

Z

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for all you have done.  Big hugs from me.  I find it sad, but am very happy you are finding your way.

Also big thanks to Z, Horta and others for their efforts.  Z, i know how to find you.  I will see you next year when you least expect it.

If a new board pops up, count me in.  Let us know where to go.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Bob806 said:

Ouch, but I understand completely. 

I just don't want to have to go to a Facebook group....the ones I see are pretty toxic, like Twitter.

Maybe MLD Woodyknows of a youngtechie guy or gal who could help.

If worse comes to worst... I do know a couple of other Forums about that aren't FaceBook...  (I won't post links-yet)  :)   Possibly, I might  ask one of our originals- Barry McBride, aka Art Beitz-from the old AOL Board, (which predates this one) if he's got any suggestions. As far as managing a website, he's way out of our league. He graduated from AOL in the post 1995 "Dark Years" to running "The Ravens Suck Zone", to Bernie's insiders, and currently- if I'm not mistaken- manages 247 Sports, Way, way more intricate than our Browns Board.  

• Upvote 1

I'm not saying I have THAT kind of time to make things my own. But a dear friend of mine ran his own forum for about 5 years and I helped as admin. If things look dire, I can look into setting up a cut down site that works for the most basic of needs.   I'll also look at monthly cost for an upgraded site with code similar to TBB which allows embedding, bells, whistles, etc etc 

Kathy or anyone else in the know, mind PM'ing me current estimated monthly site costs? 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

I'm not saying I have THAT kind of time to make things my own. But a dear friend of mine ran his own forum for about 5 years and I helped as admin. If things look dire, I can look into setting up a cut down site that works for the most basic of needs.   I'll also look at monthly cost for an upgraded site with code similar to TBB which allows embedding, bells, whistles, etc etc 

Kathy or anyone else in the know, mind PM'ing me current estimated monthly site costs? 

I for one, and I'm sure many here would have no problem donating periodically to ensure it's not a losing venture for whom ever carries the torch.

• Upvote 5

@Hag2..We all ! ! Thank you very much ! ! Thanks  You've done Stan proud.. You've spoke from your heart ❤️ & we all respect your efforts that were made..