THE BROWNS BOARD

Hue Jackson clarifies comments he was paid to lose with Cleveland Browns

Vambo

In a related note, did Jimmy Haslam ever accept any responsibility for the Flying J scheme to rip off trucking businesses for millions upon millions of dollars? And if I recall correctly, Jimmy was masterful at pointing fingers at everyone below him at Flying J during that investigation into HIS business.

Jimmy and Hue deserved each other. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

42 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

Hue Jackson walks back Browns accusation: 'I was never offered money' to lose
https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/2292271

Well well.....

Oh sorry Jimmy, I just tanked for you because you wanted to fire me. Make sense?😵 

"Oh, about as much as anything you said during your whole tenure and since."-JH

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

In a related note, did Jimmy Haslam ever accept any responsibility for the Flying J scheme to rip off trucking businesses for millions upon millions of dollars? And if I recall correctly, Jimmy was masterful at pointing fingers at everyone below him at Flying J during that investigation into HIS business.

Jimmy and Hue deserved each other. 

Yep, Jimmy appears to have settled down but he certainly can't be trusted either.

31 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Oh sorry Jimmy, I just tanked for you because you wanted to fire me. Make sense?😵 

"Oh, about as much as anything you said during your whole tenure and since."-JH

Hue and Jimmuh both need serious counseling

https://www.brownsnation.com/hue-jackson-tells-cnn-he-was-not-paid-to-lose-games/

I guess his being an arrogant incompetent got the best of him.

Just read it.

Very very odd. He is the HC at Grambling. I guess no other NFL team would put up with him at this point.

1 hour ago, Bob806 said:

Hue Jackson walks back Browns accusation: 'I was never offered money' to lose
https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/2292271

Well well.....

I’m trying to figure out why his name is back in the headlines…but for 24 hours NFL executives, players and enthusiasts were reminded he was terrible.  Again he’s back and getting attention.

When you go 0-16…and claim you were offered but weren’t bought.  Thank you for reminding us all about the mistake the Browns made hiring you.  But we know Haslem didn’t have buy those loses Hue contributed mightily to all those loses without an offer of payment 

3 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

https://www.brownsnation.com/hue-jackson-tells-cnn-he-was-not-paid-to-lose-games/

I guess his being an arrogant incompetent got the best of him.

Just read it.

Very very odd. He is the HC at Grambling. I guess no other NFL team would put up with him at this point.

If it walks like a duck and talks like a ,then it must just be quackers. This guy always quacks me up with his nonsense.🦆😁

5 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

In a related note, did Jimmy Haslam ever accept any responsibility for the Flying J scheme

Yup.  Him and the janitor were the only two that didn't know what was going on.  

But by the same token,  Hue was trying to get a book published a little bit ago.  It might have helped the idea along if he came out with the, "I was bribed to lose games", thing back then, no?  It just seems that he was venting a while ago and didn't mention this 'til now.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Orion said:

Yup.  Him and the janitor were the only two that didn't know what was going on.  

But by the same token,  Hue was trying to get a book published a little bit ago.  It might have helped the idea along if he came out with the, "I was bribed to lose games", thing back then, no?  It just seems that he was venting a while ago and didn't mention this 'til now.

Well Hue has now back-pedaled and said that the Browns did not pay him extra to lose games.

Hue needs to never speak of his time here again, and Jimmy needs to shut the hell up about "taking responsibility'. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Well Hue has now back-pedaled and said that the Browns did not pay him extra to lose games

...that figures.  But does he still claim that he was offered money?  (that he did not accept)  

15 minutes ago, Orion said:

...that figures.  But does he still claim that he was offered money?  (that he did not accept)  

He says he was not. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/browns/news/hue-jackson-says-browns-didnt-pay-him-to-lose-games?fbclid=IwAR3KKyz2xdkS3AKCubA4x6CLa0iQeFJodRadEUOgzthAQoYIgsqjPO112B0

Hue was recently named the head coach at Grambling.  In these interviews he didn't do a darn thing to promote his new team.  No shirt with logo.  No background logo, no nothing.  

That says it all, as if we didn't know.  Hue is a narcissistic person.  Screw him.  If I was the AD at Grambling, I would confront Hue over that move.  He was acting like he is embarrassed to be their head coach.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ballpeen said:

Hue was recently named the head coach at Grambling.  In these interviews he didn't do a darn thing to promote his new team.  No shirt with logo.  No background logo, no nothing.  

That says it all, as if we didn't know.  Hue is a narcissistic person.  Screw him.  If I was the AD at Grambling, I would confront Hue over that move.  He was acting like he is embarrassed to be their head coach.

It's become clear Hue has serious mental issues... Being insecure has to be right at the top...

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ballpeen said:

If I was the AD of Grambling I'd be thrilled he didn't promote my team while making a complete ass of himself.

If I was Brian Flores I'd privately call Hue and tell him to shut the hell up regarding Flores' situation, too. Hue is the last person you want on your side.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Hue Jackson clarifies comments he was paid to lose with Cleveland Browns

https://fansided.com/2022/02/05/hue-jackson-clarifies-comments-paid-lose-browns/?a_aid=36534&fbclid=IwAR133s5TA6otLBP-pFAGPT09ZHOKn_mQUdZmJldq7NGS49f6QKJZ4pDTKkc

Former Cleveland Browns head coach Hue Jackson backtracks in saying that he was not paid to lose games by his former employer.

Hue Jackson repositions his comments by saying he was not paid money to lose games as the former head coach of the Cleveland Browns.

“No, I was never offered money like Brian (Flores) had mentioned,” said Jackson to CNN’s Anderson Cooper on Friday night. “I think this is a totally different situation but has some similarities.”

Jackson’s initial comments about the matter came in the wake of the Brian Flores lawsuit with the NFL. Flores is suing the NFL for racial discrimination in their hiring practices of head-coaching candidates like himself. One bombshell in the lawsuit was him alleging Miami Dolphins owner Stephen Ross offered to pay him $100,000 per loss as the head coach of the 2019 team.

Jackson was in a similar situation when he was the head coach in Cleveland. He went 1-31 in his first two years on the job. Browns owner Jimmy Haslam fired Jackson midway through his third year leading the team in 2018. His record was 3-36-1 during his tenure with the Browns. Jackson is now the head coach of the Grambling State Tigers, a job he was hired to do back in December.

Overall, Jackson’s previous comments about being paid to lose only hurt Flores’ impending lawsuit.

Hue Jackson clarifies his comments about Cleveland Browns paying him to lose

While there is no doubt that the Browns were tanking during Jackson’s run as their head coach, the team got immediately better once defensive coordinator Gregg Williams took over for him in the interim. Along with offensive coordinator Freddie Kitchens, the Browns entered the 2019 NFL season with a great deal of promise. Of course, that year was a disaster, but 2020 was way better.

While it remains to be seen what happens in Flores’ lawsuit with the NFL, an unintended consequence of the lawsuit could result in Ross losing ownership of his team. With sports gambling becoming increasingly more mainstream in the United States, having an owner who is trying to manipulate the outcome of games is an offense that could result in immediate expulsion.

Jackson may have clarified his comments to Anderson Cooper, but the damage is already done.

21 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

If I was the AD of Grambling I'd be thrilled he didn't promote my team while making a complete ass of himself.

If I was Brian Flores I'd privately call Hue and tell him to shut the hell up regarding Flores' situation, too. Hue is the last person you want on your side.

LOL...well, I guess you do have a point.

17 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

hue blew - was hired as Tenn.'s OC, they only won five games, hue didn't last a year -

until jumping to Grambling as HC. whatever, don't really care.

To be clear, that was Tn. State, a small school in Nashville.  As a 46 year resident of the Volunteer State, Tn. in football means the Volunteers of the SEC or Titans of the NFL.  TN. State is as unknown to us as it is to most everybody else.  Again, just to clarify.

Just now, ballpeen said:

To be clear, that was Tn. State, a small school in Nashville.  As a 46 year resident of the Volunteer State, Tn. in football means the Volunteers of the SEC or Titans of the NFL.  TN. State is as unknown to us as it is to most everybody else.  Again, just to clarify.

Cal's political takes have to be gold. 

We had to inform him that Roethlisberger played at Miami of Ohio, not Miami of Florida, too. 

On 2/3/2022 at 3:12 PM, Unsympathetic said:

You'd be helped by reading the lawsuit -- your "statement" is addressed on the cover page before the claims are enumerated.

Morals cannot be legislated -- but behavior can be regulated.

I'm not trying to be insulting here, but it sure reads to me like you came to this thread with the intent to spread factual inaccuracies about the lawsuit.

This case is not about morality -- YOU are attempting to shift the discussion by inventing a completely fake version of both Flores' claim and his proposed remedy.. which is of course the classic dodge of someone who knows they're guilty but doesn't want to admit it.

Flores has facts, and has listed them as his claims.  If the jury buys his logic, he wins and the NFL loses.  And.. those claims are pretty numerous and well-sourced, and the NFL knows it. This entire thing will actually boil down to collection of yes-or-no questions: Was this law violated, yes or no? And repeat for each law.  Plenty of case history to go by to determine if the laws have been violated -- this isn't random.

If you either understood "the cause" or had read the actual lawsuit you would know that the list that is proposed to address the grievances is actually quite well thought-out and complete.  Listed at the end.  You may not agree with all, but it's definitely not "Just Affirmative Action" .. because just like Flores did when he coached, he thought this through much more than random white guys trying to insult him did.

As well, the laws cited that he's asserting have been violated are :

Section 1981 of the Civil Rights Act of 1866 (“Section 1981”), the New Jersey Law Against Discrimination, (“NJLAD”), the New York State Human Rights Law, N.Y. Exec. Law §§ 290 et seq. (“NYSHRL”) and the New York City Human Rights Law, N.Y.C. Admin. Code §§ 8-101 et seq. (“NYCHRL”).

The proposed list of redress of grievances :

1] Increase the influence of Black individuals in hiring and termination decisions for General Manager, Head Coach and Offensive and Defensive Coordinator positions;
a. Ensure diversity of ownership by creating and funding a committee dedicated to sourcing Black investors to take majority ownership stakes in NFL Teams;
b. Ensure diversity of decision-making by permitting select Black players and coaches to participate in the interviewing process for General Manager, Head Coach and Offensive and Defensive Coordinator positions;
2] Increase the objectivity of hiring and termination decisions for General Manager, Head Coach and Offensive and Defensive Coordinator positions;
a. Require NFL Teams to reduce to writing the rationale for hiring and termination decisions, including a full explanation of the basis for any subjective influences (e.g., trust, personality, interview performance, etc.);
b. Require NFL Teams to consider side-by-side comparisons of objective criteria, such as past performance, experience and objective qualifications;
3] Increase the number of Black Offensive and Defensive Coordinators;
a. Create and fund a training program for lower-level Black coaches who demonstrate an aptitude for coaching and an interest in advancing to a Coordinator position;
4] Incentivize the hiring and retention of Black General Managers, Head Coaches and Offensive and Defensive Coordinators through monetary, draft and/or other compensation such as additional salary cap space; and
5] Complete transparency with respect to pay for all General Managers, Head Coaches and Offensive and Defensive Coordinators.

You've gotten out of control

Bob clearly explained to you in very simple terms what he meant, yet you respond by continuing to pile on with needless rhetoric.

He never said you couldn't regulate behavior. Thats what laws do. Thats what rules, regulations, policies, and procedures do. What cannot be regulated are your feelings toward someone or an issue. 

• Upvote 1

The proposed list of redress of grievances :

1] Increase the influence of Black individuals in hiring and termination decisions for General Manager, Head Coach and Offensive and Defensive Coordinator positions;
a. Ensure diversity of ownership by creating and funding a committee dedicated to sourcing Black investors to take majority ownership stakes in NFL Teams;
b. Ensure diversity of decision-making by permitting select Black players and coaches to participate in the interviewing process for General Manager, Head Coach and Offensive and Defensive Coordinator positions;
2] Increase the objectivity of hiring and termination decisions for General Manager, Head Coach and Offensive and Defensive Coordinator positions;
a. Require NFL Teams to reduce to writing the rationale for hiring and termination decisions, including a full explanation of the basis for any subjective influences (e.g., trust, personality, interview performance, etc.);
b. Require NFL Teams to consider side-by-side comparisons of objective criteria, such as past performance, experience and objective qualifications;
3] Increase the number of Black Offensive and Defensive Coordinators;
a. Create and fund a training program for lower-level Black coaches who demonstrate an aptitude for coaching and an interest in advancing to a Coordinator position;
4] Incentivize the hiring and retention of Black General Managers, Head Coaches and Offensive and Defensive Coordinators through monetary, draft and/or other compensation such as additional salary cap space; and
5] Complete transparency with respect to pay for all General Managers, Head Coaches and Offensive and Defensive Coordinators.

I wish more people would differentiate between discrimination and reverse discrimination. The latter does not resolve

the former. They are both the same kind of unfairness. These grievances reek of the latter. Demanding the opposite in hiring/pay means more discrimination.

If a black head coach gets paid less than white head coaches - with the same success...that is discrimination probably. It depends on money available to a team, the overall pay given to all the other coaches, etc.

The simple assertion that it has to do with race - is just a self-serving, dishonest "gotcha" unless it is actually true.

I think the "Rooney Rule" was a bad thing - it led to this lawsuit, apparently. If the Giants had already officially hired Dabol, he has a point about it being a sham interview. But the Giants did not put the rule into place - the NFL did. Flores should be suing the NFL because they are guilty of demanding teams interview black coaches - because they are black?

Hiring/not hiring because of race is crap. It must be hammered legally.

Flores has been with two NFL teams. Daboll has been with three college teams, and 7 NFL teams, with another stint with the Patriots.

It will be interesting to see if Flores wins much of his case, if any at all. There is nothing wrong with tentatively, but NOT officially having decided the Daboll was probably their guy - but still interviewing Flores to be sure.

Flores and Jackson's actions and words seem to be counter-productive, I think, to the desire to get more qualified black coaches into the NFL coaching ranks.