THE BROWNS BOARD

Ohio Blackouts

Silverback

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/i...-face-blackouts

Half of AFC North face blackouts

September 3, 2009 2:00 PM

Posted by ESPN.com’s James Walker

The Cleveland Browns and Cincinnati Bengals are facing the prospect of blackouts, as both franchises are struggling to sell out games during the regular season.

The combination of a poor on-the-field product and a struggling economy has left the Bengals and Browns scratching their heads as they look for ways to fill their respective stadiums. Creative marketing plans and new ticket packages by both teams have not been enough, as the Midwest region and particularly the state of Ohio have been among the hardest-hit areas of the country.

It will be interesting to see how each team handles this potential problem and whether it lasts beyond this year.

Cleveland may opt to avoid the public relations hit in the short-term by selling its game tickets on the cheap and buying up the remaining allotment, which is what's happened in the preseason. The Bengals, on the other hand, most likely will accept the blackout.

It is clear that sports fans are being much more thoughtful this year about how they spend their money. In the AFC North, the pressure is on the Browns and Bengals to field successful teams that their fans can believe in.

c'mon, they were just catering to their fanbase. Its not easy to find more than 30,000 people who can read down there, let alone understand the directions to get to the stadium.

"yus jus head on o'er yonder till ya find the river, then yus just follow that til ya find 'nother river, then, an her's the tricky part, ya follow the smell til ya get to a third river.....what.....wher'd I lose ya?"

c'mon, they were just catering to their fanbase. Its not easy to find more than 30,000 people who can read down there, let alone understand the directions to get to the stadium.

"yus jus head on o'er yonder till ya find the river, then yus just follow that til ya find 'nother river, then, an her's the tricky part, ya follow the smell til ya get to a third river.....what.....wher'd I lose ya?"

They really get confused when they see the sign 'Three Rivers Left', they turn around and go back home to the hovel.

That's crazy you posted that pic adam cause I was just made aware of that website today, and it's absolutely hilarious....

Let's keep it going...

Gangland....

81.jpg

I also just found the site today :)

Lumbergh and Inspecta are my parents, they conceived me in my mother's womb. I'm not sure which is the mother and which is my dad but I was born at the biological age of 18 in Youngstown Ohio, miraclously conceived by the hatred expressed by both men. It connected and fused elements of both of their minds into one purpose.

For lo and behold my IP is unique.

I'm going to stop derailing daddy's thread now, bye bye.

too bad we didn't purposely build a small stadium so that it was easier to sell out like those pussies in pittsburgh.

Blaa Blaa Blaaaaaa... And have 60,000 on the season Ticket waiting list. Hmmm.... And Your stadium seats what 8 or 9K more than Ours ? ... btw the Browns have NO WAITING list for season Tickets . We report You decide.

You know for a bunch of fans that talk so big about their 'six trophies', isn't it amazing that the BROWNS are worth more and had the SAME amount of revenue...

It really doesn't say all that much about your fans now, does it???

(and thanks to ClevelandFanForLife for providing this information...highlighted by me especially for you, Freak)

60,000 on the season Ticket waiting list. Some estimates are at 80,000 + ... Now the Browns have ZERO on a Waiting list. The Values of the Team are Interesting for sure. And You guys have a Great Fan base. But Numbers Do not lie Hi-Gal. The Numbers of worth tell me the Steelers are a Bargain. And the Numbers of Fans waiting to buy tickets tell me Pittsburgh has a Very motivated Fan base. Bottom line is we both have great fans. I don't expect you guys to Crown us the "Champions" of Fans. But Please dont act like we dont support our team that's insane.

Archived