THE BROWNS BOARD

I know it's just pre-season, but

WPB Dawg Fan

I know it is just 3 pre-season games, but I am pretty happy with what I am seeing so far.

The Browns are 2-1 so far....and the teams we have played are a combined 6-1 in games NOT including the Browns games.

The teams we have beaten (Detroit and Tennessee) are a combined 4-1 in the preseason not including the Browns games, and GB is 2-0.

Defensively we have done pretty well:

GB averages 37.5 pts per non-Browns games (only 17 vs the Browns)

Detroit averages 22.5 pts per non-Browns games (only 10 vs the Browns)

Tennessee averages 19 per non-Browns games (17 vs the Browns)

Offensively we struggled vs GB...but:

27 vs Detroit (averaging 22.5 vs others) and 23 vs a tough Tennessee defense makes me feel a bit better.

Like I said, I know it is pre-season, but I have seen improvement across the board. Let's hope the upswing continues.

NFL Network this morning was interviewing Chris Collingsworth. He said Green Bay is THE surprise of the preseason.

So, their good, and we didn't give up a ton. I believe the average NFL defense gives up 17/game. So, we gave up the average to a team who appears to be in "mid-season form (again, Collingsworth's words)".

I'm with you, it's preseason, but I'd rather look good than look like crap.

In fact, it looks like we're improving every game - a trend nice to see.

Theres no doubt the browns are getting better with every game and there is really no reason to think that this trend will change even in the face of injury i believe this club is capable of still playing tougher than we have seen for many years...;)

Archived