Besides the allegation,.like v dislike of the trade

laiccm

20 minutes ago, laiccm said:

I like we didn't have to give up a player

I like he is a true amd solid upgrade over Baker

I dont like giving up the picks

I dont like he has the problem with the cold

You?

Someone said something in the main topic about us only really giving up this years first, which makes sense. Baker underperforms and we give up at least two more to move up and pick an unproven rookie. I’ll take the Deshaun trade. 

3 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

How many threads are you going to start Mrs Watson?

Mods, please merge some of these.

Yes and change his screen name to Mrs.Watson..

• Haha 1

We start the process now.

I hated the fact that we are in some prime years with guys like Chubb and Myles and we are rolling out Baker to get us 8 wins and essentially requiring the front office to assemble picks and start again with moving up in the draft to get a rookie QB.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nickers said:

Yes and change his screen name to Mrs.Watson..

1. As many as I fu@## want

2. Your bitcazz don't have to read them

3. Mods..please change my screen name to THEIR PIMP.

Crybaby chumps...still scourned your boyfriend got kicked out of town...? Lol

22 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

We start the process now.

I hated the fact that we are in some prime years with guys like Chubb and Myles and we are rolling out Baker to get us 8 wins and essentially requiring the front office to assemble picks and start again with moving up in the draft to get a rookie QB.  

I concur...thats why the picks weren't too bad to me. 

We're any gonna turn into a franchise QB? If so..how many seasons would it take for that player to succeed in a loaded AFC?

Like the trade as only some draft capital lost, no players traded especially defense. Much better deal than Denver’s for Wilson. This puts us in SB contention now, a high powered offense (with a QB who can actually find his open receiver) with a very good defense especially if Clowney resigns. The Browns paid him more money to pay for the projected civil lawsuit damages and pay off anyone else. 

15 hours ago, laiccm said:

I like he is a true amd solid upgrade over Baker

You?

If you like not giving up players but don't like giving up picks, I suppose that means you just don't like the trade because i know of no other means to get the guy unless he was a free agent..  Just saying....

I mostly like the trade.  Three #1 picks seems high, but I see it as two #1 picks.  I see it as this years #1 is Watson.  No different than drafting any QB available in this years draft.  The next 2 are the premium for getting a top QB in the prime of his career.  Is 2 picks too high?  I don't know, top QB's in their prime never get traded.  So when I look at it like that, no, it isn't too much to pay.  

We also gave up a 3rd rounder next year.  We still have a comp 3rd rounder on the way next year, so we really aren't minus a 3rd round pick,  It just became later in the 3rd round.  We are bound to trade Baker.  I don't know how to value that. Could it be a 2nd rounder or a 5th rounder?  In order for us to maximize that pick, i would push to get that selection in next years draft.  Maybe make it some sort of conditional. Teams tend to value the pick they have in a month more than they do the pick they have next year , so i think we could get more for a next year pick.  We are also down a 1st rounder so gaining a pick next year could be important.  The following year we lack the 1st round and swap a 4th for a 5th.  I don't see the swap as losing a whole lot

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, ballpeen said:

If you like not giving up players but don't like giving up picks, I suppose that means you just don't like the trade because i know of no other means to get the guy unless he was a free agent..  Just saying....

I mostly like the trade.  Three #1 picks seems high, but I see it as two #1 picks.  I see it as this years #1 is Watson.  No different than drafting any QB available in this years draft.  The next 2 are the premium for getting a top QB in the prime of his career.  Is 2 picks too high?  I don't know, top QB's in their prime never get traded.  So when I look at it like that, no, it isn't too much to pay.  

We also gave up a 3rd rounder next year.  We still have a comp 3rd rounder on the way next year, so we really aren't minus a 3rd round pick,  It just became later in the 3rd round.  We are bound to trade Baker.  I don't know how to value that. Could it be a 2nd rounder or a 5th rounder?  In order for us to maximize that pick, i would push to get that selection in next years draft.  Maybe make it some sort of conditional. Teams tend to value the pick they have in a month more than they do the pick they have next year , so i think we could get more for a next year pick.  We are also down a 1st rounder so gaining a pick next year could be important.  The following year we lack the 1st round and swap a 4th for a 5th.  I don't see the swap as losing a whole lot

I see where you're coming from. I like the trade...just not everything about it. I would've still done it.

Exactly...QB at this age and tier never gets traded. 

I agree totally 

I like Watson as a player....don't like him as a person. I hate that all his $230 million is guaranteed. What's his motivation for the next 5 years? I won't like it ( well, maybe I will), if Baker's new team goes deep in the playoffs and we still suck

• Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, lodilobo said:

I like Watson as a player....don't like him as a person. I hate that all his $230 million is guaranteed. What's his motivation for the next 5 years? I won't like it ( well, maybe I will), if Baker's new team goes deep in the playoffs and we still suck

I dont think money is really his main motivation or he would've never had a fight with the Texans.

I'm always of the mind if a player is gone...may he do well but not a bit of thought after that.

1 hour ago, laiccm said:

I dont think money is really his main motivation or he would've never had a fight with the Texans.

I'm always of the mind if a player is gone...may he do well but not a bit of thought after that.

So no problem with OBJ scoring in and receiving a SB ring huh?   LOL!😱

On 3/19/2022 at 1:56 PM, laiccm said:

I like he is a true and solid upgrade over Baker

You?

I'll agree with the above... What I don't like?

Welcome to Cleveland Deshawn...   

Congresswoman proposes bill to reduce, eliminate checked baggage fees | Fox  8 Cleveland WJW

• Upvote 2

Regardless of the baggage no man is worth what we had to give up. With his guaranteed salary he has no need to perform. And the team has bankrupted itself for the next 5 years.

If it doesn't culminate in a Super Bowl victory it's the worst deal in the history of the NFL. If it does it's a break even.

WSS

27 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Regardless of the baggage no man is worth what we had to give up. With his guaranteed salary he has no need to perform. And the team has bankrupted itself for the next 5 years.

If it doesn't culminate in a Super Bowl victory it's the worst deal in the history of the NFL. If it does it's a break even.

WSS

i look at it as the new normal for a top q.b steve

46 minutes ago, ATOM said:

I don't think it's a bad deal..it's a new normal. We've no.1 picks every year....any Superbowls?

Gauranteed salary is if money is the only thing that moves him....if that was the case then he would've never gotten into that fight with the Texans who gave him at the time the biggest contract

Jimmy & Dee Haslam statement...FOTdfkhWUAUILGt.jpg.487d85cca7beadd824d888a823fec4c4.jpg

twitter being twitter...  https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/browns-release-official-statement-nfl-world-reacts/ar-AAVhWTH?li=BBnb7Kz

The official trade breakdown

FOTfQB7WQAQ1CRE.jpg.df70eeb4856793c430455dd480065afa.jpg

GM Andrew Berry: 'We have done extensive investigative, legal and reference work over the past several months to provide us with the appropriate information needed to make an informed decision about pursuing him and moving forward with him as our quarterback."
Coach Kevin Stefanski: 'We understand the concerns and questions that exist but are confident in the extensive work Andrew and his staff have done to feel confident about him joining our organization.'
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, MDDawg said:

Like the trade as only some draft capital lost, no players traded especially defense. Much better deal than Denver’s for Wilson. This puts us in SB contention now, a high powered offense (with a QB who can actually find his open receiver) with a very good defense especially if Clowney resigns. The Browns paid him more money to pay for the projected civil lawsuit damages and pay off anyone else. 

image.thumb.png.f37fc1e8ed273c1479ca9746367484f2.png

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

I like that it signals to the league that Cleveland is a destination to be chosen by what is considered top level talent. 

I dislike that the top level talent is more than likely a sexual predator. 

That's why I said besides the allegations but you're right

1 hour ago, ATOM said:

I certainly understand your point. I'm not even bringing the assault charges or accusations into it. Not even his Primadonna team cancer attitude in Texas. I wouldn't give a quarter of a billion guaranteed dollars at 3 first round draft picks for anybody with equal talent even if he had Tim Tebow's morals. One way a football team is successful is by signing first round talent that plays cheap for a few years. We will be taking a big gamble by building the team and the lower rounds. Also by bringing in free agent who are going to come nearly as cheaply as those first round picks. And if we have even a little success we will have to pay the veterans on the team. This franchise doesn't seem to care about loyalty so why the hell would they give us a Home discount?

This isn't the N B A where one player puts you over the top. Even in the NBA LeBron couldn't do it without help. Matt Stafford is probably a top five or so quarterback. How did the Lions look?

WSS

2 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

WSS

Ah, that would have been a whole draft class plus 1 and 3 the following draft for Ricky Williams by Ditka. No one will ever be quite that boneheaded again.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Ah, that would have been a whole draft class plus 1 and 3 the following draft for Ricky Williams by Ditka. No one will ever be quite that boneheaded again.

Yeah , When Ditka made that deal I was HORRIFIED!... Ricky loved weed too much for his own good...

21 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Yes that one came to mind as well but that was only one first. For the record Ricky Williams really disappointed me he seemed like a nice kid. Oh well. So did Josh Gordon I guess.

WSS

• Upvote 1

What I don't like is his poor record against winning teams. Just what the Browns need.

"Since entering the NFL in 2017, Deshaun Watson is 7-19 (.269) against teams that finished the season with a winning record."

"In 2020, Deshaun Watson was 0-9 (.000) against winning teams as the starting quarterback."

https://www.sportsandfitnessdigest.com/deshaun-watson-record-against-winning-teams/