THE BROWNS BOARD

Baker v. Brisset

laiccm

9 minutes ago, hoorta said:

I've had about enough of your whataboutism and spinning a definition to suit your lame imaginings...  there's DEFENSIVE weapons goofball...  the job of the o-line is to defend the guy making $20-40 million a year from getting killed.

yeah, it's that time of night for you?

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

It's time for you to STFU.  O-line arent weapons.. Spin much?   All butt hurt when I point out more offensive linemen are scheduled to go in the first round than wide receivers?  Go have a Frostie on me. 

1 hour ago, laiccm said:

I see now...Brisset is gonna play better than Baker and people are going to blame it on Baker's injuries when Baker himself is to blame. Which is fine...as ong is he holds it down till Watson comes in

From what I've seen from both qb's, your boy Brisset is going to have improve a hell of a lot to play better than Mayfield...even at his worst. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, lodilobo said:

From what I've seen from both qb's, your boy Brisset is going to have improve a hell of a lot to play better than Mayfield...even at his worst. 

We shall see....Has he ever had a top line, top running game, top 5 defense...? Over under is 9.5 with Watson's suspension..we won 8 last year..

11 hours ago, hoorta said:

It's time for you to STFU.  O-line arent weapons.. Spin much?   All butt hurt when I point out more offensive linemen are scheduled to go in the first round than wide receivers?  Go have a Frostie on me. 

Have nice day. You are confusing the definitions of words again. Tried to help you. Offensive linemen going in the first round does not make them weapons no more than icebergs calving proves your stupid mmgw crap. A field goal kicker is a weapon. Blockers are the shield.

It isn't just me:

https://www.theblaze.com/news/anthony-sherman-nfl-politics-retirement

16 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

15 hours ago, hoorta said:

It's time for you to STFU.\   Go have a Frostie on me. 

2 post after midnight 

8 hours ago, laiccm said:

I see now...Brisset is gonna play better than Baker and people are going to blame it on Baker's injuries when Baker himself is to blame. Which is fine...as ong is he holds it down till Watson comes in

Board Rule #6..... nothing good ever happens here after midnight  ;)

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, gumby73 said:

2 post after midnight 

Board Rule #6..... nothing good ever happens here after midnight  ;)

LOL LOL "cough" I think I have a touch of malaria....LOL

• Haha 2

On 3/31/2022 at 6:34 AM, SkippinTurtles said:

Baker is short and doesn't have any special skills to compensate.  He's just a dude at this point.

Sad but true. I like Baker, I do. The 2020 season was the best I have witnessed since I was a child before the Baltimore Ravens existed. But it's become increasingly clear Baker Mayfield's absolute ceiling is the second tier of starting quarterbacks and that's if he's at his best the rest of his career. 

It remains to be seen if Deshaun Watson will be the one. I guess we'll see. 

11 hours ago, The Cysko Kid said:

Sad but true. I like Baker, I do. The 2020 season was the best I have witnessed since I was a child before the Baltimore Ravens existed. But it's become increasingly clear Baker Mayfield's absolute ceiling is the second tier of starting quarterbacks and that's if he's at his best the rest of his career. 

It remains to be seen if Deshaun Watson will be the one. I guess we'll see. 

Watson is an upgrade over Baker, IMO without a doubt. On that point alone, the Browns did their job - they upgraded at the most important position in all sports. 

But man, between the off-the-field drama that will surround Watson for years to come, all the draft capital the Browns gave away to the completely guaranteed contract the Browns bent over and took without lube, well...

I think the Browns have to win a Super Bowl to justify this move, and understandably, with all the questions that surround Watson's character, that still wouldn't justify adding someone like this to their favorite team's roster, if they are convinced he did what he's accused of. 

• Upvote 1

On 4/10/2022 at 9:12 AM, Dutch Oven said:

Watson is an upgrade over Baker, IMO without a doubt. On that point alone, the Browns did their job - they upgraded at the most important position in all sports. 

But man, between the off-the-field drama that will surround Watson for years to come, all the draft capital the Browns gave away to the completely guaranteed contract the Browns bent over and took without lube, well...

I think the Browns have to win a Super Bowl to justify this move, and understandably, with all the questions that surround Watson's character, that still wouldn't justify adding someone like this to their favorite team's roster, if they are convinced he did what he's accused of. 

I disagree on 1 point...the picks and what we gave up mean not so much. For decades we had picks and was millions under the cap....where that ever get us?

7 hours ago, laiccm said:

I disagree on 1 point...the picks and what we gave up mean not so much. For decades we had picks and was millions under the cap....where that ever get us?

I get your point, but this isn't your 2010 Cleveland Browns. It actually does appear that there is a front office and coaching staff in place that is, at the least, relatively competent, so losing three first rounders, a third and two fourths is a big pill to swallow, especially for a team that will have difficult roster decisions to make due to a tightening salary cap belt. Quality veterans will be cut in the future due to the cap, and picks that would help replace those players are now gone.  

• Thanks 1