THE BROWNS BOARD

* OK BROWNS fans it's not all you it's  ☆ 2022 Cleveland GUARDIANS time ☆  ( * It also is worth reviewing )

mjp28

* OK BROWNS fans it's not all you it's  ☆ 2022 Cleveland GUARDIANS time ☆  that's right  beisbol  in Cleveland,  Ohio !  Head on over to the TRIBE Forum and check  ✔ out the new schedule.  It runs from April through the  ☆ ALL STAR BREAK ☆.    First game next Thursday April 7 in KC at 4:10 pm.

Wait who am I kidding  BROWNS FOOTBALL runs every minute of every day of every month all year in NE OHIO and well beyond. 

And it kills me to type GUARD-IANS my brain still says it's the freaking  INDIANS dammit......and don't walk on my grass, I know who you are......OK that happens once in awhile.   And NO Frankie what's his name isn't playing. 

OK got that out so check it out, dammit. 

LETS GO .....ahhhh GUARD-IANS.  

.......  * edit add 10/27/22 ...... This thread from 4/1/22 is worth reviewing.  Not often does a team goes from basically nothing to the Division Champions and we were along for the ride. 

........  ** I also remember some of the initial  "not so favorable "  comments on it  -but-  well worth it in the season's end.   :D

• Upvote 1

I feel your pain Brother! Always be the Indians! 

GO TRIBE!!!!

Personally, I don't give a rats ass about Cleveland baseball.  I'm a Yankees fan.  And I stopped watching baseball lots of years ago.  Waaay too boring.  I'd rather watch golf...or go mow the lawn, or play my guitar, or.......

I come here solely for the Browns.  But I'll say this, What the hell was wrong with the name Indians?  They were a proud peoples, living off the land.  Lets just throw them in the historical shitter and never speak of them again.  Stupid.  Redskins, well, I can understand.  -  Next, cows are up in arms about the name Cowboys.  And the dairy farmers are standing up for the cows.  Lets change the Dallas Cowboys name too so there will be no more Cowboys & Indians.  

Nice to see you youngsters are reading something other than.  BROWNS  football for a change........dammit.  And I know your dad so I'm watching you. 

GO GUARD-IANS  !

1 hour ago, Orion said:

Personally, I don't give a rats ass about Cleveland baseball.  I'm a Yankees fan.  And I stopped watching baseball lots of years ago.  Waaay too boring.  I'd rather watch golf...or go mow the lawn, or play my guitar, or.......

Yes,  no, yes, yes, yes, yes, no, yes, and yes. I sometimes play my old acoustic Martin.

I come here solely for the Browns.  But I'll say this, What the hell was wrong with the name Indians?  They were a proud peoples, living off the land.  Lets just throw them in the historical shitter and never speak of them again.  Stupid.  Redskins, well, I can understand.  -  Next, cows are up in arms about the name Cowboys.  And the dairy farmers are standing up for the cows.  Lets change the Dallas Cowboys name too so there will be no more Cowboys & Indians.  

Everything there except for the first sentence is a big no. Those analogies always drive me nuts.

In the first place Cowboys, Vikings, Raiders, or animals  are not a race or an ethnicity, so it's quite easy to know where the line is drawn.

So one way to "honor" black people is to have a black sambo caricature with a bone through his nose as a team logo?  Name the team the "Africans" or "Zulus" or some shit. After all, they too are a proud people that live off the land and chuck spears for a living.

Taking this stance doesn't make you a faggot liberal btw. I am no white guilt liberal sitting atop some perch thinking I know whats best for others because it makes me feel good.

With all that in mind, you may be surprised to know is that I am not in favor of name changes either. My feeling has always been that if a majority of Native Americans don't give a fuck, then I don't give a fuck about the Indians name or logo or what the fuck you name your team. I just don't know if it's a majority, and I don't think it is. 

Never heard any Irish people complain about ND's nickname and that  Leprechaun logo, have you? So there ya go.

I doubt any lib would take on that crusade anyway. Too white.

And btw fuck the Guardians. Hate that name.

• Thanks 2

Holy shit... no bar is too low for some.

Obviously it's always after midnight somewhere.

.......   edit add, 10/27/2022.......  ★ And a thank you to Bruce for all of your comments and other great thoughts over the years.  From  mjp and everyone else here on TBB........

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Orion said:

Yankee$ fan oh God alright you're a NE guy that explains that and you get another pass after all you are a ☆ BROWNS ☆ fan !  

And baseball isn't that bad it's the only professional sport that I know of where you can fall asleep for a nap and not miss anything.  :lol:   And it's a fantastic sport if you're retired,  no explanation needed. 

You can be an INDIANS fan and a BROWNS fan as long as you shift gears in Aug /Sept and  put football first again. 

<---- Check my bio.   

So,  GO BROWNS,  INDIANS and OHIO STATE !

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

So what can we expect from the Guardians? Things fall perfectly into place and maybe a wildcard?

I see we didn’t spend anything and it appears we are being frugal with Jose Ramirez extension. 

From the TRIBE Board,  not used to seeing this.  (4/2/2022)

Screenshot_2022-04-02_111258.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mjp28 said:

From the TRIBE FORUM,  not used to seeing this.

Screenshot_2022-04-02_111258.jpg

I can’t see us winning the division, but if I was going long on something that would be my second choice. We have some good young bats and pitching is pretty solid…I’m talking myself into it 

I think there some value with Boston at +600.

15 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

I can’t see us winning the division, but if I was going long on something that would be my second choice. We have some good young bats - YES !

and pitching is pretty solid… -YES

I’m talking myself into it 

I think there some value with Boston at +600.

In MLB as in any professional sport now you must have some new guys to blend in with the existing good players to keep fresh and growing. 

The Guardians have the manager and the FO seems to be quite good so they might surprise people in the ALC.

Sound good ?  I'm trying to get fired up again for this lock out season. 

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Holy shit... no bar is too low for some.

Obviously it's always after midnight somewhere.

The guy rambling on about "faggots" took the name of another guy as his handle for this message board.

What type of guy takes another man's last name? 😂 

8 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Yankee$ fan oh God alright you're a NE guy that explains that and you get another pass after all you are a ☆ BROWNS ☆ fan !  

And baseball isn't that bad it's the only professional sport that I know of where you can fall asleep for a nap and not miss anything.  :lol:   And it's a fantastic sport if you're retired,  no explanation needed. 

You can be an INDIANS fan and a BROWNS fan as long as you shift gears in Aug /Sept and  put football first again. 

<---- Check my bio.   

So,  GO BROWNS,  INDIANS and OHIO STATE !

But not nearly as boring as soccer.

55 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

But not nearly as boring as soccer.

I've tried World Cup, Olympics but those 0-0, 1-0, 1-1 games and more just bore me to ZZZzzz's I guess it's not for me. 

.......except maybe the USA Women's teams I can watch them,  every few years. 

Some people can say the same about beisbol.......I guess. 

12 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Oh boy, a thread of boomers crying about a team name again! 

Guardians? Did they ask Marvel if they can use Rocket Racoon as their mascot?  :D   Screw Dolan because 0.01% of the (radical) populace of Native Americans found it offensive.  Say so long to Chiefs, Seminoles, and Blackhawks while were at it. Tomahawk chop should be outlawed. 

Personally I'm a big frontrunner when it comes to the Tribe. If I need a nap, turn on a MLB game. There's more action in any MLS match in 10 minutes than an entire baseball game.  If some turned in their Browns cards because of Deshaun, I've heard of plenty of FORMER Tribe fans who won't follow them anymore because of the name change. .  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I’m excited for baseball. Man l love this time of year. By August l’m sure l’ll be less enthusiastic, but right now l’m really looking forward to ballpark zen.

Interestingly, with all the negotiation stuff delaying the season, Opening Day for the Reds is against Cleveland. That’s an interesting twist. Opening Day is a huge deal here in Cincy. 

14 hours ago, hoorta said:

Guardians? Did they ask Marvel if they can use Rocket Racoon as their mascot?  :D   Screw Dolan because 0.01% of the (radical) populace of Native Americans found it offensive.  Say so long to Chiefs, Seminoles, and Blackhawks while were at it. Tomahawk chop should be outlawed. 

Personally I'm a big frontrunner when it comes to the Tribe. If I need a nap, turn on a MLB game. There's more action in any MLS match in 10 minutes than an entire baseball game.  If some turned in their Browns cards because of Deshaun, I've heard of plenty of FORMER Tribe fans who won't follow them anymore because of the name change. .  

All Doh'lan has shown to this town is hes a woke fucking coward... He can take this team wherever he wants... I'm done with his cheapness and wokeness...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/3/2022 at 11:49 AM, nickers said:

All Doh'lan has shown to this town is hes a woke fucking coward... He can take this team wherever he wants... I'm done with his cheapness and wokeness...

Imagine being a Pirates fan?  Worst owner in the history of owners.  

I can understand the pain changing the name has caused many of you.

The amount of players on the American League franchise in Cleveland who hailed from, or whose families originated from India is a long and proud one. 

6 hours ago, Kvoethe said:

Imagine being a Pirates fan?  Worst owner in the history of owners.  

I've always been a Pirates fan over the years amazing how they could win a few World Series and then fall so low.

In Steelers County yet.

6 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I can understand the pain changing the name has caused many of you.

The amount of players on the American League franchise in Cleveland who hailed from, or whose families originated from India is a long and proud one. 

OK, they changed the name... I don't give a hoot about Baseball...  India, or Indian-a?  Darn, they should change the name of that state while we're at it...  

Browns... Racist... Change it to the North Coast Coasters.  :D 

On 4/2/2022 at 4:33 PM, Gorka said:

In the first place Cowboys, Vikings, Raiders, or animals  are not a race or an ethnicity, so it's quite easy to know where the line is drawn.

I differ with the Vikings. People from Denmark, Sweden and Norway were Vikings and were considered a different etchnicity towards the rest of Europe. 

I get the Redskins change, not the Indians one. But it's baseball, I don't care too much either. 

• Thanks 1

In case you’re interested or even a bit curious I put the projected  2022 Cleveland GUARDIANS Starting lineups and pitching rotation and depth chart over in the TR8BE FORUM.

Just for your information I put up the starting 1-9 lineup here.  I'll buy anyone a new car if you can guess it exactly . correct in order and spelled correctly. 

GO TRIBE  !  

*Projected Lineup .... *posted April 5th before the 2022 run.  Interesting who made it and who's gone for the ALC Champion Guardians. 

5 made it,  4 did not finish with the team.  Rev. 10/27/22.

Player POS AB R HR RBI SB AVG OBP SLG OPS BB K
1 Myles Straw OF 517  73 4 43 28 0.267 0.342 0.346 0.688 59 112
2 Amed Rosario  OF 540 72 13 60 13 0.280 0.318 0.422 0.740 30 114
3 Jose Ramirez  3B 558 101 35 102 25 0.271 0.359 0.536 0.895 74 92
4 Franmil Reyes  DH 539 78 37 100 3 0.254 0.323 0.506 0.829 56 181
5 Bobby Bradley 1B 390 53 23 62 1 0.213 0.289 0.438 0.727 38 155
6 Andres Gimenez  SS 399 52 12 42 18 0.246 0.300 0.401 0.701 22 105
7 Yu-Cheng Chang  2B 233 30 9 32 2 0.232 0.286 0.416 0.702 17 70
8 Bradley Zimmer  OF 262 36 8 29 11 0.221 0.319 0.359 0.678 27 105
9 Austin Hedges   C 325 35 13 39 1 0.197 0.252 0.357 0.609 22 102

*certain rules, regulations, stipulations and other stuff apply in the new car offer and apply to Cleveland GUARDIANS season ticket holders only.   :lol:

18 hours ago, hoorta said:

OK, they changed the name... I don't give a hoot about Baseball...  India, or Indian-a?  Darn, they should change the name of that state while we're at it...  

Browns... Racist... Change it to the North Coast Coasters.  :D 

I'm curious how long States will be able to keep their name... Like... Indiana for example..

On 4/5/2022 at 4:38 PM, mjp28 said:

GO TRIBE  !  

Projected Lineup

Player POS AB R HR RBI SB AVG OBP SLG OPS BB K
1 Myles Straw OF 517  73 4 43 28 0.267 0.342 0.346 0.688 59 112
2 Amed Rosario  OF 540 72 13 60 13 0.280 0.318 0.422 0.740 30 114
3 Jose Ramirez  3B 558 101 35 102 25 0.271 0.359 0.536 0.895 74 92
4 Franmil Reyes  DH 539 78 37 100 3 0.254 0.323 0.506 0.829 56 181
5 Bobby Bradley 1B 390 53 23 62 1 0.213 0.289 0.438 0.727 38 155
6 Andres Gimenez  SS 399 52 12 42 18 0.246 0.300 0.401 0.701 22 105
7 Yu-Cheng Chang  2B 233 30 9 32 2 0.232 0.286 0.416 0.702 17 70
8 Bradley Zimmer  OF 262 36 8 29 11 0.221 0.319 0.359 0.678 27 105
9 Austin Hedges   C 325 35 13 39 1 0.197 0.252 0.357 0.609 22 102

Go Tribe!!

Go Rays!!  

....... * edit add 10/27/22.......  * The Tribe and Rays did alright in 2022.  On to 2023 !  mjp

• Thanks 1

On 4/2/2022 at 11:13 AM, mjp28 said:

From the TRIBE Board,  not used to seeing this.  (4/2/2022)

Not for a good while anyway... but once upon a time...

We took the ALCentral for granted

• Upvote 1