THE BROWNS BOARD

Time to Pack the Bags

YtownBrownsBacker

Just some random thoughts about some bubble guys.

I think a few guys sealed their fate tonight......................Norwood is toast. Bell didn't do himself any favors and should have a few sleepless nights. They got to be looking at the waiver wire because that whole backup OL looked like shit. Sowells got to be gone, he sucked big time. The only one I give a chance to is Quarterman.

Could Costanza make it on his special teams play. He isn't much at LB but he can play some special teams?

Jennings could have landed a practice squad position along with Lawson.

I think Patton may have pushed Hubbard and Leggett off the squad. We are deep at WR.

We still need another safety and tackle. DL is deep but what does it say about Cory Williams when logged so much playing time tonight. Veikune, Maiava and Leon williams all playing ahead of Bell.

Sorenson and Poteat may have made the team by default. We're that thin at DB.

Rucker did well for himself could be enough to hold off Walker. I saw Rucker on special teams which is a good sign. He isn't making the team as the 3rd TE if he can't play special teams.

Would have liked to see some more of Titus Brown.

Can they afford to keep Ali? Two FBs is a hard sell because it makes you go thin at another position.

I see them picking a couple of guys off of waivers so about 24 could be let go. A few will be added back to the practice squad but that's a lot of guy who played tonight not feeling real well.

I think a few guys sealed their fate tonight......................Norwood is toast. Bell didn't do himself any favors and should have a few sleepless nights. They got to be looking at the waiver wire because that whole backup OL looked like shit. Sowells got to be gone, he sucked big time. The only one I give a chance to is Quarterman.

Could Costanza make it on his special teams play. He isn't much at LB but he can play some special teams?

I think Patton may have pushed Hubbard and Leggett off the squad. We are deep at WR.

We still need another safety and tackle. DL is deep but what does it say about Cory Williams when logged so much playing time tonight. Veikune, Maiava and Leon williams all playing ahead of Bell.

Rucker did well for himself could be enough to hold off Walker. I saw Rucker on special teams which is a good sign. He isn't making the team as the 3rd TE if he can't play special teams.

Can they afford to keep Ali? Two FBs is a hard sell because it makes you go thin at another position.

I see them picking a couple of guys off of waivers so about 24 could be let go. A few will be added back to the practice squad but that's a lot of guy who played tonight not feeling real well.

I'd be more than happy to pack DA's bags....J/S

I'd be more than happy to pack DA's bags....J/S

Surprised they didn't try to showcase him tonight. I don't know if Ratliff did enough to make DA expendable.

Glad to see Robo do well with his extended playing time.

I don't know that Patton should stay. It isn't because he didn't play well, it is because he is 35 (or close to it). If we keep 6 receivers, why would you keep the old guy over the prospects? Even if he is more dependable right now, when you are playing your 6th receiver a lot things aren't going so well.

I don't know that Patton should stay. It isn't because he didn't play well, it is because he is 35 (or close to it). If we keep 6 receivers, why would you keep the old guy over the prospects? Even if he is more dependable right now, when you are playing your 6th receiver a lot things aren't going so well.

I just didn't see Hubbard or Leggett do anything to earn spots on the team. Maybe practice squad for one so they could be brought up in case of injury. Edwards, Furrey, Cribbs, MoMass and robo..............That leaves one slot. Who??????

I just didn't see Hubbard or Leggett do anything to earn spots on the team. Maybe practice squad for one so they could be brought up in case of injury. Edwards, Furrey, Cribbs, MoMass and robo..............That leaves one slot. Who??????

i hope it's leggett...Patten is just too old to keep as 6th receiver...go with a prospect.

Great point.

I think a few guys sealed their fate tonight......................Norwood is toast. Bell didn't do himself any favors and should have a few sleepless nights. They got to be looking at the waiver wire because that whole backup OL looked like shit. Sowells got to be gone, he sucked big time. The only one I give a chance to is Quarterman.I agree on Norwood...and thnk Bell may be gone...but L.Williams is in just as much trouble in my opinion. As for the OL, Fry looked decent as well.

Could Costanza make it on his special teams play. He isn't much at LB but he can play some special teams?I think Costanza makes it. He was around the ball as LB, and seems to have a head for the ball on ST

Jennings could have landed a practice squad position along with Lawson.Lawson is a backup S, and the backup to Cribbs. I think he makes the squad ahead of Poteat and/or Sorenson. I think we may actually keep 4 RB's....with Jennings...because I don't think he passes through to the practice squad without getting picked up

I think Patton may have pushed Hubbard and Leggett off the squad. We are deep at WR.Not only was Patton not all that impressive to me, he got hurt again. I don't see him getting the nod over youth (13 year vet???).

We still need another safety and tackle. DL is deep but what does it say about Cory Williams when logged so much playing time tonight. Veikune, Maiava and Leon williams all playing ahead of Bell.I think C.Williams may be traded...and I think L Williams may be destined for cut material

Sorenson and Poteat may have made the team by default. We're that thin at DB.As I said above, I think Lawson's value on ST puts him ahead of these two. One is gone for sure.

Rucker did well for himself could be enough to hold off Walker. I saw Rucker on special teams which is a good sign. He isn't making the team as the 3rd TE if he can't play special teams.Keeping in mind we will be running a lot of 2 TE sets...I think we keep all 4

Would have liked to see some more of Titus Brown.I thnk he is destined for practice squad

Can they afford to keep Ali? Two FBs is a hard sell because it makes you go thin at another position.Again, we are doing a ball control offense...don't be surprised if we go 2 deep.

I think Mangini and Kokinis are going to be chosing players with an eye towards 2010. They are going to let a lot of younger guys with potential stay over older guys with a few years left in them.

Don't be surprised if:

C. Williams gets traded

Lewis gets cut (yes, I think he might)

DA gets traded (last night almost felt like a tryout for #2 guy)

Poteat/Patton are passed over for young guys with ST ability (Lawson/Hubbard)

It should be an interesting week.

I think Mangini and Kokinis are going to be chosing players with an eye towards 2010. They are going to let a lot of younger guys with potential stay over older guys with a few years left in them.

Don't be surprised if:

C. Williams gets traded

Lewis gets cut (yes, I think he might)

DA gets traded (last night almost felt like a tryout for #2 guy)

Poteat/Patton are passed over for young guys with ST ability (Lawson/Hubbard)

It should be an interesting week.

I have to agree with you. Not continuing the competition into last night really meant something. Ratliff and Bartel head to head, I almost think Bartel wins. Ratliff just reminds me of the "bad DA".

Davis was awesome last night. Awesome. That is what a real running back looks like. Even Jennings played better than Lewis and can make people miss at times.

Williams was def. logging more time than usual. Something's up there too.

As for the wideouts, Leggett sucked last night and dropped a TD as well as another pass. He's gone.

Lawson can return kicks, no doubt. What's his primary position?

I have to agree with you. Not continuing the competition into last night really meant something. Ratliff and Bartel head to head, I almost think Bartel wins. Ratliff just reminds me of the "bad DA".

Davis was awesome last night. Awesome. That is what a real running back looks like. Even Jennings played better than Lewis and can make people miss at times.

Williams was def. logging more time than usual. Something's up there too.

As for the wideouts, Leggett sucked last night and dropped a TD as well as another pass. He's gone.

Lawson can return kicks, no doubt. What's his primary position?

Lawson is a safety....which is why I think he sticks ahead of Poteat.

I will dispute that statement. but i could be proven wrong.

Archived