THE BROWNS BOARD

Ivermectin Doesn't Work Against COVID

MLD Woody

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/fullarticle/2789362

Question  Does adding ivermectin, an inexpensive and widely available antiparasitic drug, to the standard of care reduce the risk of severe disease in patients with COVID-19 and comorbidities?

Findings  In this open-label randomized clinical trial of high-risk patients with COVID-19 in Malaysia, a 5-day course of oral ivermectin administered during the first week of illness did not reduce the risk of developing severe disease compared with standard of care alone.

Meaning  The study findings do not support the use of ivermectin for patients with COVID-19.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2115869

CONCLUSIONS

Treatment with ivermectin did not result in a lower incidence of medical admission to a hospital due to progression of Covid-19 or of prolonged emergency department observation among outpatients with an early diagnosis of Covid-19.

In this randomized trial, the administration of ivermectin did not result in a lower incidence of medical admission to a hospital or prolonged emergency department observation for Covid-19 among outpatients at high risk for serious illness.

2 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/fullarticle/2789362

Question  Does adding ivermectin, an inexpensive and widely available antiparasitic drug, to the standard of care reduce the risk of severe disease in patients with COVID-19 and comorbidities?

Findings  In this open-label randomized clinical trial of high-risk patients with COVID-19 in Malaysia, a 5-day course of oral ivermectin administered during the first week of illness did not reduce the risk of developing severe disease compared with standard of care alone.

Meaning  The study findings do not support the use of ivermectin for patients with COVID-19.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2115869

CONCLUSIONS

Treatment with ivermectin did not result in a lower incidence of medical admission to a hospital due to progression of Covid-19 or of prolonged emergency department observation among outpatients with an early diagnosis of Covid-19.

In this randomized trial, the administration of ivermectin did not result in a lower incidence of medical admission to a hospital or prolonged emergency department observation for Covid-19 among outpatients at high risk for serious illness.

Video appears to contradict White House claim after VP Harris has contact with COVID-positive staffer

Biden Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack tests positive for COVID-19

Vilsack said that his symptoms are 'mild'

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-agriculture-secretary-tom-vilsack-tests-positive-for-covid-19

Kamala Harris' communications director tests positive for COVID-19 after close contact with VP

'The vice president plans to continue with her public schedule,' her office said

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/harris-communications-director-tests-positive-for-covid-19-after-close-contact-vp

Harris presides over Senate maskless after close contact with COVID positive staffer, defying CDC guidelines

Harris was also photographed maskless at an event later in the day

Question

Should the Democrat Groomers be following the CDC guidelines?

Findings

Democrat Groomers are Covid-19 super spreaders.

Meaning

The rules don't apply to Democrat Groomers.

CONCLUSIONS

The Democrat groomers don't follow their own rules and are Covid-19 super spreaders.

7 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Just a comment for Woody the science denier. How many different medications treatments formulas Etc do you suppose the medical community found to have promise yet didn't pan out? Dozens? Scores? Hundreds?

WSS

That's why you wait and see if they do pan out, before you start using them. Or sue hospitals to make them use them. And wait and see if they work before posting on message boards defending their use, because your orange messiah recommended them.

5 minutes ago, cccjwh said:

That's why you wait and see if they do pan out, before you start using them. 

But of course they don't. Especially when it's fast-tracked. How long has this particular drug been in use? And when did they finish the study that found out that it wasn't a cure? Do you think any of the other ones were different? I'll help you out, of course not.

wSS

21 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

But of course they don't. Especially when it's fast-tracked. How long has this particular drug been in use? And when did they finish the study that found out that it wasn't a cure? Do you think any of the other ones were different? I'll help you out, of course not.

wSS

Is your argument, most drugs never work out, so it doesn't matter if you try them and praise them as cures? 

21 hours ago, cccjwh said:

That's why you wait and see if they do pan out, before you start using them. Or sue hospitals to make them use them. And wait and see if they work before posting on message boards defending their use, because your orange messiah recommended them.

...like the covid vaccine, I'm sure you mean. 

1 minute ago, cccjwh said:

Too bad that demented old fuck beat the shit out of the demented old dumb fuck, huh.

Yes, but at least the demented old dumb fuck doesn’t shit his pants and knows what day of the week it is..huh?

52 minutes ago, cccjwh said:

Is your argument, most drugs never work out, so it doesn't matter if you try them and praise them as cures? 

Certainly the first part. Who called it a cure? I remember the president was treated with it when he tested positive and his recovery was remarkable.

By the way who said if you get the vaccination you won't get covid-19?

Does that align with the second part of your question or not?

WSS 

2 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Certainly the first part. Who called it a cure? I remember the president was treated with it when he tested positive and his recovery was remarkable.

By the way who said if you get the vaccination you won't get covid-19?

Does that align with the second part of your question or not?

WSS 

You really think Cheetos got Hydroxychloroquine when he got Covid? No, he got what all rich people got remdesivir and antibodies. For some reason he didn't take his miracle drug. Listen to actual medical professions, instead of some moron on a forum/tweet. 

"She was just in horrible shape for 12 days, 14 days," Trump said. "She thought she was dead." The president said she implored her husband to obtain hydroxychloroquine, and the husband did so.

"Four hours later, she awoke and she said, I feel better," Trump recalled. "And then, shortly thereafter, she felt great."

"The way she spoke," Trump said, "it was like a miracle. And this was not a fan of mine, but she's a fan of my now."

44 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

So are we talkin about Ivermectin or hydroxychloroquine here? I don't doubt that both of these preparations were given to thousands if not hundreds of thousands of patients. Do you?

So what exactly are you bitching about? The anecdote?

WSS 

Everything and anything Trump related!

1 hour ago, cccjwh said:

You really think Cheetos got Hydroxychloroquine when he got Covid? No, he got what all rich people got remdesivir and antibodies. For some reason he didn't take his miracle drug. Listen to actual medical professions, instead of some moron on a forum/tweet. 

"She was just in horrible shape for 12 days, 14 days," Trump said. "She thought she was dead." The president said she implored her husband to obtain hydroxychloroquine, and the husband did so.

"Four hours later, she awoke and she said, I feel better," Trump recalled. "And then, shortly thereafter, she felt great."

"The way she spoke," Trump said, "it was like a miracle. And this was not a fan of mine, but she's a fan of my now."

MediaTrump.png.6d531447ec0d77628d256e2cd4bac3f9.png

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

So are we talkin about Ivermectin or hydroxychloroquine here? I don't doubt that both of these preparations were given to thousands if not hundreds of thousands of patients. Do you?

So what exactly are you bitching about? The anecdote?

WSS 

What did you think Cheetos took? 

Stupid people spreading bs about Ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine because their orange messiah says they helps with Covid. Why do you keep defending the stupidity? This isn't difficult to understand, don't take treatment/meds because some moron thinks that work.  

Wrong thread babycow, maybe you could create 5 more threads today. ;)

10 minutes ago, cccjwh said:

What did you think Cheetos took? 

Stupid people spreading bs about Ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine because their orange messiah says they helps with Covid. Why do you keep defending the stupidity? This isn't difficult to understand, don't take treatment/meds because some moron thinks that work.  

Wrong thread babycow, maybe you could create 5 more threads today. ;)

1 I assume he took whatever the doctors prescribed. And being the doctors of the president of the United States I assume they're probably pretty damn well qualified.

Just for the record Ivermectin is still being prescribed by doctors. So what?

WSS

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

1 I assume he took whatever the doctors prescribed. And being the doctors of the president of the United States I assume they're probably pretty damn well qualified.

Just for the record Ivermectin is still being prescribed by doctors. So what?

WSS

Aspirin is still prescribed by doctors. But people aren't pushing it as a treatment for Covid.

9 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Bur doctors are prescribing hydroxychloroquine for covid.

WSS

See, morons like you are still pushing it for Covid. Doesn't matter what the studies say, because your cult leader has spoken. Luckly nature corrects for this stupidity.

14 hours ago, cccjwh said:

Aspirin is still prescribed by doctors. But people aren't pushing it as a treatment for Covid.

Right, because the medical community isn't either.

People? What people? Please clarify. 

FYI. This treatment was touted by members of medical community.

Trump didn't make shit up. The following isn't to debate its effectiveness but rather to deprogram you.

Physicians all over the country are quietly prescribing it to their patients, friends and family members. Among them is Dr. Harvey Risch, a medical doctor and professor of epidemiology at the Yale School of Public Health.

Zelenko-press-release-October.pdf (utrgv.edu)

Data Based On Zelenko Protocol Passes Peer Review COVID-19 Outpatients - Early Risk-Stratified Treatment with Zinc plus Low-Dose Hydroxychloroquine and Azithromycin: A Retrospective Case Series Study By Roland Derwand, Martin Scholz, Vladimir Zelenk

You really need to get your story straight.

Trump was taking hydrox before he contracted COVID, around April 2020. It wasn't until October, months after he stopped taking it that he contracted COVID to which he recovered rather quickly.

Sean P. Conley, the White House physician, said in a statement later Monday that he discussed the drug with the president.

“After numerous discussions he and I had for and against the use of hydroxychloroquine we concluded the potential benefit from treatment outweighed the relative risks,” Conley wrote.

Asked if Trump was prescribed the medication by Conley, White House Director of Strategic Communications Alyssa Farrah told NBC News, “Yes — he was prescribed it and took it.”

Conley said the president receives regular COVID-19 testing and continues to test negative.

5 minutes ago, Gorka said:

Trump didn't make shit up. The following isn't to debate its effectiveness but rather to deprogram you.

Physicians all over the country are quietly prescribing it to their patients, friends and family members. Among them is Dr. Harvey Risch, a medical doctor and professor of epidemiology at the Yale School of Public Health.

Data Based On Zelenko Protocol Passes Peer Review COVID-19 Outpatients - Early Risk-Stratified Treatment with Zinc plus Low-Dose Hydroxychloroquine and Azithromycin: A Retrospective Case Series Study By Roland Derwand, Martin Scholz, Vladimir Zelenk

Trump was taking hydrox before he contracted COVID, around April 2020. It wasn't until October, months after he stopped taking it that he contracted COVID to which he recovered rather quickly.

Sean P. Conley, the White House physician, said in a statement later Monday that he discussed the drug with the president.

“After numerous discussions he and I had for and against the use of hydroxychloroquine we concluded the potential benefit from treatment outweighed the relative risks,” Conley wrote.

Asked if Trump was prescribed the medication by Conley, White House Director of Strategic Communications Alyssa Farrah told NBC News, “Yes — he was prescribed it and took it.”

Conley said the president receives regular COVID-19 testing and continues to test negative.

3b66a356e2488c5eb67df200b406700a.jpg.6b54c3a915234bdf79f4415f31ba87c5.jpg

8 minutes ago, Gorka said:

So the potential benefits outweigh the risks such as they were? So I guess my response would be somewhere between so what and who cares?

Honestly doesn't seem to be an issue worthy of losing sleep over today does it? Especially given the shortcomings of the different vaccinations which are actually federally-mandated. And no I don't believe they are useless just not the panacea some folks believed them to be. And before you lose bladder control I don't think that issue matters much right now either.

WSS

• Upvote 1