THE BROWNS BOARD

¿  REACTIONS of people here in Ohio and USA about Cleveland sports players,  what are they/you thinking  ? 

mjp28

¿  REACTIONS by people here in Ohio and the USA about Cleveland sports players,  what are they thinking  ? 

And more importantly what are you  thinking  about Cleveland sports people in the news.

From the May 4  Yahoo Sports.......

(

(Hit link for more.)

The Kicker

Varying perspectives on the varying Trevor Bauer and Deshaun Watson cases ...

"Your point about Trevor Bauer and the MLB is interesting, but the NFL can simply look inward in evaluating its response to Deshaun Watson. Given Calvin Ridley’s suspension, does the NFL care as much about violence and abuse against women as it does about betting on games?" —Scott K.

"The problem with leagues trying to dole out justice based on the court of public opinion or worse, some misguided attempt to signal virtue, is that it isn't justice at all ... These leagues can't make up for their laughably soft punishments for Aroldis Chapman, Ray Rice, and Greg Hardy by equally laughably harsh treatment of Trevor Bauer and Deshaun Watson. They aren't washing away past mistakes, they are compounding them." —Nate G. 

"As a 60+-year-long Browns fan it pains me to say that I think the Watson trade was the worst thing the Browns management could have done. The uncertainty around his legal status, not to mention the fact that it will alienate many female fans (the fastest rising demographic among NFL fan bases), coupled with the outrageous contract, made for a nasty mix ... But that's the history of the Browns, snatching defeat from the jaws of potential victory."—Chuck Y.

• mjp28 changed the title to ¿  REACTIONS of people here in Ohio and USA about Cleveland sports players,  what are they/you thinking  ? 
10 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

(

(Hit link for more.)

The Kicker

But that's the history of the Browns, snatching defeat from the jaws of potential victory."—Chuck Y.

I just LOVE that last line.. It's so GODDAMN true!

2 minutes ago, nickers said:

I just LOVE that last line.. It's so GODDAMN true!

As a 60+ long Browns fan.....

....the history of the Browns, snatching defeat from the jaws of potential victory."  

~~~~~  🏈  ~~~~~

Hey I'm a 60+ year Browns fan  -but-  I'm always looking forward and enjoying the game.  Why dwell in the past ? Eh ?

• Upvote 1

Another case (from the link) yahoo sports......

How a baseball ruling could affect Deshaun Watson

(Nick Cammett/Getty Images)

By Jay Busbee, Yahoo Sports..... Tuesday May 3.....

Two players at the top of their respective professions. Two players in their respective sports' marquee positions. Two players accused of heinous crimes against women. Two players not charged criminally for their actions.

Now, one player has been suspended for two years. The other just joined a new team on a landmark contract.

The cases of pitcher Trevor Bauer and quarterback Deshaun Watson aren't precisely comparable, legally speaking. But as our Charles Robinson notes in his latest column, the two cases share a significant place in the cultural spotlight. The court of public opinion often looks past legal judgments in rendering its own verdict, and in that way, the two cases could end up connected for some time to come. 

Bauer was accused of violent behavior by several women; a five-month police investigation resulted in no charges against him. However, Major League Baseball conducted its own investigation, and levied the two-year suspension against the former Cy Young Award winner. .......continued........

On 5/4/2022 at 2:10 PM, mjp28 said:

Another case (from the link) yahoo sports......

How a baseball ruling could affect Deshaun Watson

(Nick Cammett/Getty Images)

By Jay Busbee, Yahoo Sports..... Tuesday May 3.....

Two players at the top of their respective professions. Two players in their respective sports' marquee positions. Two players accused of heinous crimes against women. Two players not charged criminally for their actions.

Now, one player has been suspended for two years. The other just joined a new team on a landmark contract.

The cases of pitcher Trevor Bauer and quarterback Deshaun Watson aren't precisely comparable, legally speaking. But as our Charles Robinson notes in his latest column, the two cases share a significant place in the cultural spotlight. The court of public opinion often looks past legal judgments in rendering its own verdict, and in that way, the two cases could end up connected for some time to come. 

Bauer was accused of violent behavior by several women; a five-month police investigation resulted in no charges against him. However, Major League Baseball conducted its own investigation, and levied the two-year suspension against the former Cy Young Award winner. .......continued........

A two year suspension sounds about right for one playing a gentleman's game.

This is football, so Watson will get a month.. Although, I'd like to see the pervert get 2 years.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Gorka said:

This is football, so Watson will get a month.. Although, I'd like to see the pervert get 2 years.

NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL ?

Yeah the MLB is the most gentleman like of those professional games.  Soccer, golf, tennis and others just don't measure up to the Big Four standards. 

Now does that include penalties  ?  Bauer got a pretty stiff 2 year one.

2 hours ago, mjp28 said:

NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL ?

Yeah the MLB is the most gentleman like of those professional games.  Soccer, golf, tennis and others just don't measure up to the Big Four standards. 

Now does that include penalties  ?  Bauer got a pretty stiff 2 year one.

I don't understand what you're asking.

16 hours ago, Gorka said:

This is football......comparing it to other sports like the other  sports including the gentleman's game baseball and others.  And comparing the fines/suspensions in each.

And comparing the big four professional sports to others.

INOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY!!! Deshawn was a way more than normal guy/QB UNTIL he asked for a trade after a huge contract.....HMMMM......NO CONSPIRACY HERE.....Texans owner is a POS!!! look at the evidence! ALL Deshawn did was ask for a trade... then all this unsubstantiated "evidence" came to light!!! Then Deshawn  became a criminal!.??? 

I and my wife truly believe Deshawn is a VICTIM!!! Prove me wrong.......WE BELIEVE IN DESHAWN WATSON!!!! 

GO  BROWNS!!! 

11 hours ago, BrownsnMopar said:

INOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY!!! Deshawn was a way more than normal guy/QB UNTIL he asked for a trade after a huge contract.....HMMMM......NO CONSPIRACY HERE.....Texans owner is a POS!!! look at the evidence! ALL Deshawn did was ask for a trade... then all this unsubstantiated "evidence" came to light!!! Then Deshawn  became a criminal!.??? 

I and my wife truly believe Deshawn is a VICTIM!!! Prove me wrong.......WE BELIEVE IN DESHAWN WATSON!!!! 

GO  BROWNS!!! 

There's always a weird double standard. I neither believe in his innocence or his absolute guilt. I think where there's smoke there's fire and there's a lot of smoke surrounding him, but how much of it constitutes actual sexual assault and how much is just uncomfortable behavior which isn't ok but isn't a crime either

• Upvote 1

On 5/8/2022 at 9:40 AM, The Cysko Kid said:

There's always a weird double standard. I neither believe in his innocence or his absolute guilt. I think where there's smoke there's fire and there's a lot of smoke surrounding him, but how much of it constitutes actual sexual assault and how much is just uncomfortable behavior which isn't ok but isn't a crime either

Understood there were adult things going on. Deshawn saw some of the woman multiple times. There must have been some "friendly" atmosphere for them to have returned. Somehing changed?!!!! What was it? Did Deshawn step over a line? Were the women $ pushed $ that way? MHO The latter! 

GO BROWNS!!!

• Thanks 1