THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns 2022 schedule, predicted results

laiccm

2 hours ago, ballpeen said:

Based on last year's information.  Until the season plays out you never really know how 'weak" it might be.

Yeah, anyone have the "weak" 2020 Bengals making a Super Bowl run it 2021?  

I'm that guy that don't stress out much about schedules...

It's our dang luck to get starting players thru our schedule...😳

1.) Media  "The Browns have this great OL"... 

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2022/01/injuries-are-a-part-of-the-nfl-but-the-browns-offensive-line-dealt-with-more-than-their-fair-share-of-them-in-2021.html  me.."well maybe if or when they can all play together"

2.) Media "Baker was given weapons in OBJ & Landry to play with"... me.."How many games were both on the field in the same game?" 🤔 (could we count to 5?)

3.) Media "Denzel Ward matching up with Greedy Williams is a g00d pair of starting corners"... me.. "Well hot damm/ there's another hot take🤓.."now how many games might we see them two play together"? 

I'm more on the schedule side of..."We need to start getting some dumb simple starter luck,... to just get our starters, to start more than half our games..  end rant !

Carry on... I'm not a fan of division games in Week 1..

• Upvote 1

Anybody have info on when the full schedule is being released.  I know a few games here and thee have been released by the league.  I am retired now, but I still like to make plans in advance.

36 minutes ago, ballpeen said:

I just saw it is Thursday.

Yup, NFLN @ 8:00 They'll put it up on the website too..  And sheeze Louise, since they've already announced some games- saw a rumor where the NFL is thinking about making the schedule release a muli day event like the Draft.  

7 hours ago, ballpeen said:

Based on last year's information.  Until the season plays out you never really know how 'weak" it might be.

Yes.  But that's what we've got to work with at this point in time as a starting point.  One could also factor in projections for how draft picks and FA signings / losses could affect teams.  

4 hours ago, syd said:

pittsburgh

miami

new orleans

atlanta

carolina

houston

jets

washington

all have questions at qb so i am not saying we will get all 9 wins but we should be favored in all 9

I wouldn't sleep on the Jets this year... They are my Dark Horse surprise team this season... I really liked their draft

• Upvote 1

Home

Ravens

Bengals

Chargers

Patriots

Saints

Jets

Steelers

Buccaneers

12 hours ago, Orion said:

Yes.  But that's what we've got to work with at this point in time as a starting point.  One could also factor in projections for how draft picks and FA signings / losses could affect teams.  

I understand that, my friend.

i guess what I am saying is I don't think it means much. To me each Sunday is it's own deal.  If we go out and score 45 each week, most games will be easy.  If we have a hard time with 17, all games will be hard.

5 hours ago, Icecube said:

https://fbschedules.com/2022-cleveland-browns-schedule/

Dates not determined until tomorrow, but....assuming Watson misses at least 6 games.

I see 9-8. Maybe 10-7, and make the playoffs. 

I want what he is smoking!!!

20 hours ago, nickers said:

I wouldn't sleep on the Jets this year... They are my Dark Horse surprise team this season... I really liked their draft

mack wilson right ? and it's a home game  maybe if we get covid 

• Haha 1

My living in Carolina road trip plan is... at Panthers..at Washington...at Atlanta (hometown of D. Watson)

my hope is... 1 PM kickoffs on a Sunday 🤞

17 hours ago, Kvoethe said:

Steelers will only travel 6500 miles for their entire schedule.  Seattle is like 30k.

Browns about 10k.

East coast bias?

I don't know if their is any bias.  Just the way the schedule falls when scheduled to play various conferences.

One also has to consider their are fewer western teams because many of the western states couldn't support a NFL team.  Where in montana are you going to place a team?

Also to consider is the size of western states.  You typically have to fly much further even to play inside the division.  Seattle's closest division rival is SF.  What is that?  Maybe 700 miles or so?

• Upvote 2

On 5/11/2022 at 9:27 AM, ballpeen said:

I understand that, my friend.  Proud to be considered...

i guess what I am saying is I don't think it means much. To me each Sunday is it's own deal.  If we go out and score 45 each week, most games will be easy.  If we have a hard time with 17, all games will be hard.

I agree.  Teams that are considered to stink can wind up winning the division.  And teams like ours can go in multi directions.  But it's May.  Not a whole lot of football topics to discuss.  

I think, for us to be successful, we're going to need our QB's and receivers working together every possible minute that they can.

Table inside Article
Week Date Opponent Time TV Tickets
1 Sept. 11 at Carolina Panthers 1 p.m. CBS  
2 Sept. 18 New York Jets 1 p.m. CBS Buy Tickets
3 Sept. 22 Pittsburgh Steelers 8:15 p.m. Prime Video Buy Tickets
4 Oct. 2 at Atlanta Falcons 1 p.m. CBS  
5 Oct. 9 Los Angeles Chargers 1 p.m. CBS Buy Tickets
6 Oct. 16 New England Patriots 1 p.m. CBS Buy Tickets
7 Oct. 23 at Baltimore Ravens 1 p.m. CBS  
8 Oct. 31 Cincinnati Bengals 8:15 p.m. ESPN Buy Tickets
9 BYE        
10 Nov. 13 at Miami Dolphins 1 p.m. CBS  
11 Nov. 20 at Buffalo Bills 1 p.m. CBS  
12 Nov. 27 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 1 p.m. FOX Buy Tickets
13 Dec. 4 at Houston Texans 1 p.m. CBS  
14 Dec. 11 at Cincinnati Bengals 1 p.m. CBS  
15 Dec. 17/18 Baltimore Ravens TBD TBD Buy Tickets
16 Dec. 24 New Orleans Saints 1 p.m. CBS Buy Tickets
17 Jan. 1 at Washington Commanders 1 p.m. FOX  
18 Jan. 7/8 at Pittsburgh Steelers TBD TBD

32 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Six out of the last nine games following the bye week are on the road. 

Brutal. 

Positive on that last part…I like Tampa and NO coming to Cleveland at times when the weather will probably be lousy. 

And the Bills game is just before their Thanksgiving game.

And maybe the Commandos and the Squealers are out of it when we play them the last two weeks 

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Six out of the last nine games following the bye week are on the road. 

Brutal. 

This, is brutal..

Preseason
Sat. Aug. 13 Miami 7:30 PM WFLA-TV
Week 2 TBD at Tennessee TBD WFLA-TV
Week 3 TBD at Indianapolis TBD WFLA-TV

Regular Season
Sun. Sept. 11 at Dallas 8:20 PM NBC
Sun. Sept. 18 at New Orleans 1:00 PM FOX
Sun. Sept. 25 Green Bay 4:25 PM FOX
Sun. Oct. 2 Kansas City 8:20 PM NBC
Sun. Oct. 9 Atlanta 1:00 PM FOX
Sun. Oct. 16 at Pittsburgh 1:00 PM FOX
Sun. Oct. 23 at Carolina 1:00 PM FOX
Thurs.Oct. 27 Baltimore 8:15 PM Prime Video
Sun. Nov. 6 L.A. Rams 4:25 PM CBS
Sun. Nov. 13 vs. Seattle 9:30 AM NFLN (Munich)
BYE
Sun. Nov. 27 at Cleveland 1:00 PM FOX
Mon. Dec. 5 New Orleans 8:15 PM ESPN
Sun. Dec. 11 at San Fran 4:25 PM FOx
Sun. Dec. 18 Cincinnati 4:25 PM CBS
Sun. Dec. 25 at Arizona 8:20 PM NBC
Sun. Jan. 1 Carolina 1:00 PM Fox
Sat./Sun/ Jan. 7/8 at Atlanta TBD TBD

From TSN.  FWIW.  10-7 ?  We'll  see in the AFCN this year.  No breaks in the H/A after the week 9  BYE but I like the later date.  Long time until we can get a better guess on W/L.   GO BROWNS  !

~~~~~~~~~~  🏈  ~~~~~~~~~~

Cleveland is playing a third-place schedule in one of the toughest divisions in the NFL. The Browns play the AFC East and NFC South in this year's playoffs, and the extra NFC game is on the road at Washington. The third-place slot landed games with the Texans and Chargers.  

The Browns face eight teams that won at least nine games in 2021. 

Browns strength of schedule

The Browns have the 15th-easiest schedule in the NFL. Their 2022 opponents finished with a 142-145-2 record, a winning percentage of .495. 

The AFC North features two playoff teams from 2021 in Cincinnati, which reached Super Bowl 56, and Pittsburgh. The Ravens had an 8-9 record, same as Cleveland. The other returning playoff teams on the schedule are Buffalo, New England and Tampa Bay. 

Cleveland has eight home games in 2022, and the teams visiting FirstEnergy Stadium had a combined record of 36-34 on the road last season. 

Toughest tests: Four teams on Cleveland's schedule  – Cincinnati, New England, New Orleans and Tampa Bay – had at least six road wins in 2021. The Patriots beat the Browns 45-7 last season, and Tom Brady is 7-1 as a starter against the Browns with the only loss coming in 2010. 

Road trips to Buffalo and Miami won't be easy, either. Those teams were a combined 13-6 at home last season. 

Biggest breaks: The road schedule is negotiable outside of those games. Cleveland must take advantage of the stretch against Carolina, Atlanta and Washington. Those three teams finished 6-17 at home and head into the 2022 season with quarterback uncertainty on varying levels. 

Of course, Watson also could face his former team on the road. The Texans are in full rebuild mode, and they were 2-7 at home last season. If the Browns can sweep those four games, then they should at minimum be in the AFC playoff hunt late in the season. 

Bottom line: It comes down to success within the AFC North. The Browns were 3-3 in divisional games last season, and that included a sweep of the Bengals. Stefanski is 7-6 (including playoffs) the last two seasons against Baltimore (1-3), Pittsburgh (2-3) and Cincinnati (4-0). Joe Burrow, for all his success in two seasons, has yet to lead the Bengals to a victory against the Browns. Those games will be testy this year. 

Cleveland still had a 6-3 home record in 2021, too. Watson changes the dynamic of the offense, and despite the risks and a possible suspension he comes to a talented football team capable of winning the division and returning to the playoffs. 

The Browns’ win total is not on the board yet, mainly because the number of games Watson misses could tilt that number down in a hurry. We’re going to stay on the low side knowing that double-digit wins are possible. 

Record prediction: 10-7

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I will  have to look into tickets for the Browns at Houston game on Dec. 4. Watson facing his old team.

Been to Houston twice for Browns games. The Space City Browns backers did a great job, including booking a block of rooms at the hotel.  If it had been any closer, it would have been in the stadium parking lot.  :) 

& as you know, if you ever want to head north to Cleveland there's a ticket with your name on it for my 100 level 20 yard line seats.   

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1