THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns 2022 schedule, predicted results

laiccm

58 minutes ago, Axe said:

You can't begin to predict the record until Watson's potential suspension is known..

Yes, that is TSN The Sporting News'  Record Prediction 10-7.  If Watson plays all year they should be good  !  IF is the big word there. 

19 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

Positive on that last part…I like Tampa and NO coming to Cleveland at times when the weather will probably be lousy

11-5-1, tie @New Orleans

On 5/11/2022 at 1:46 PM, Kvoethe said:

East coast bias?

Or.... geographic location of each team?

Not everything has to be a conspiracy...

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Zombo said:

17-0 ... With any of the QBs on the roster.

Z

And 0-17 if Hue returns as HC.

Glad to see Zombo is back in his 100% BROWNS all the way form !

• Upvote 1

Caught a bit of a break facing the NFCC and NFCE, but more be more than offset by the AFCW games.

The AFCN is not going to be a picnic.

1 minute ago, Zombo said:

Do I have another form?

Z

Not really. 

GO BROWNS  !

8 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I predict that the moderators on this page are going to get a helluva workout every gameday on here deleting posts. 

Hey, I already predicted Watson is going to hear a fair amount of boos when he gets introduced.  :)  

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

But not from Browns deserters thank goodness.😱

Yes, the BROWNS fans in the stands will just clap politely IF/WHEN he is announced over the PA system. 

Believe that and I have some beautiful oceanfront property just north of the stadium for sale.   :lol:

Starting with the 2022-23 season, NFL teams will be allowed 14 players on the practice squad. Of those 14 players, only four of them are allowed to be veterans with an unlimited number of accrued seasons. For those wondering, an accrued season is earned when a player spends a minimum of six regular season games on the team’s active roster with full pay status.

For the remaining 10 players on the practice squad, here are the eligibility requirements for each NFL team:

• Rookies that have zero accrued seasons in the league (normally players that were just drafted).
  • Players with one accrued season that spent less than nine regular season games on their team’s active roster.
  • Players with no more than two accrued seasons in the league with no limitations on the number of games they’ve played (teams are only allowed four of these players).

If a player falls into one of those three categories, they’re eligible to be signed to a team’s practice squad. Keep in mind, teams are only allowed two veterans and four players with no more than two accrued seasons in the league. With that said, a majority of the practice squad will consist of players that fall in the first two bullet points.

predicted results,

Way to early PS projections...

15 QB Dobbs, Joshua U/Pit
34 RB Ford, Jerome 22/5
82 WR Harley, Mike CF22
12 WR Woods II, Michael 22/6
17 WR Weston, Isaiah CF22
52 Deaton, Dawson 22/7
60 RG Moore, David SF21
72 LG Froholdt, Hjalte P/Hou
65 RT Nkansah, Elijah SF19
63 DT Logan, Glen CF22
58 LDE Thomas, Isaiah 22/7
98 RDE Rochell, Isaac U/Ind
51 WLB Kelly, Silas CF22
37 SS Bell, D'Anthony CF22
49 NB Jolly, Shaun CF22
29 CB Miller, Herb SF21
87 TE Santos-Silva, Marcus SF22
48 TE Guggemos, Nick SF21

18 till we get a peek..

Projected 53...

QB 4 Watson, Deshaun T/Hou     7 Brissett, Jacoby U/Mia
RB 24 Chubb, Nick 18/2 27 Hunt, Kareem SF19 30 Johnson, D'Ernest SF19
25 Felton, Demetric 21/6
LWR 2 Cooper, Amari T/Dal 10 Schwartz, Anthony 21/3 16 Wims, Javon SF22
SWR 18 Bell, David 22/3 9 Grant, Jakeem U/Chi
TE 85 Njoku, David 17/1 88 Bryant, Harrison 20/4 86 Forristall, Miller SF21
LT 71 Wills Jr., Jedrick 20/1 62 Hance, Blake P/NYJ 66 Hudson, James 21/4
LG 75 BITONIO, JOEL 14/2 68 Dunn, Michael SF20
C 53 Harris, Nick 20/5 55 Pocic, Ethan U/Sea
RG 77 Teller, Wyatt T/Buf
RT 78 Conklin, Jack U/Ten 74 HUBBARD, CHRIS U/Pit
DEFENSE
LDE 95 Garrett, Myles 17/1 91 Weatherly, Stephen U/Den
LDT 96 Elliott, Jordan 20/3 97 Winfrey, Perrion 22/4 92 Day, Sheldon SF20
RDT 99 Bryan, Taven U/Jax 93 Togiai, Tommy 21/4
RDE 69 Winovich, Chase T/NE 94 Wright, Alex 22/3
WLB 28 Owusu-Koramoah, Jeremiah 21/2 44 Takitaki, Sione 19/3
MLB 5 Walker, Anthony U/Ind 50 Phillips, Jacob 20/3 42 Fields II, Tony 21/5
LCB 21 Ward, Denzel 18/1 26 Williams, Greedy 19/2
RCB 23 Emerson, Martin 22/3 38 Green, A.J. CF20
NB 20 Newsome II, Greg 21/1
SS 22 Delpit, Grant 20/2 33 Harrison, Ronnie T/Jax
FS 43 Johnson III, John U/LAR 39 LeCounte III, Richard 21/5

SPECIAL TEAMS
PT 13 Bojorquez, Corey U/GB
LS 47 HUGHLETT, CHARLEY P/KC
PK 3 York, Cade 22/4

I'm only at a starting roster number of 50... We need a real starting DT*(Suh?)--EDGE*(CLOWNEY)--a TE3--a real backup upgrade of G or T---

I'm over +4.. at 18 on PS... stay tuned 🤫

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

But not from Browns deserters thank goodness.😱

I've heard from multiple people that assumptions that season ticket holders were going to drop their tickets left and right with the trade of Watson hasn't really materialized. One guy said something along the lines of "So much for easy access to season tickets, because they aren't there." 

7 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

And hopefully you are right @gumby73, because the DLine depth chart is scary weak right now without Clowney and Suh. 

DLine was a big priority in this year's draft, and I see it as a big priority in next year's draft too. 

I still don't see, why Berry let the Ravens & Steel'queens eat up our DT/DE positions of needs moving back into the 3rd 🥵.. imo, Were dang luck to still have a stud like P.Winfrey lasting until pick 4.108... 

surely, the names we passed on, will be a true wait & see around here..   

3 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Yes, the BROWNS fans in the stands will just clap politely IF/WHEN he is announced over the PA system. 

Believe that and I have some beautiful oceanfront property just north of the stadium for sale.   :lol:

No, I mean deserters in that they will no longer support or attend Browns games. They won't be there to boo at all. Good riddance.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

No, I mean deserters in that they will no longer support or attend Browns games. They won't be there to boo at all. Good riddance.

There have been a few of those including the Jim Thome family.  No matter what it was a PR disaster.

Even if they go far into the playoffs it will have that air around the quarterback. 

5 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I've heard from multiple people that assumptions that season ticket holders were going to drop their tickets left and right with the trade of Watson hasn't really materialized. One guy said something along the lines of "So much for easy access to season tickets, because they aren't there." 

Let me give you my POV, and FYI...  I've had season tickets since 1999. Once a year the Browns offer season ticket holders the opportunity to improve their seats.  You get a time slot (based on seniority) to start looking. Sort of like Ticketmaster, any available seats are highlighted in green. When our turn came up, there was nothing on the sidelines 100 level, just a few scattered seats in the corners of the end zones. 

So why is that? You'd have to be not very bright (or stinking filthy rich) to just walk away from your long term seats. You're going to put them up for sale HERE  .   My two seats in section 111 are probably worth around $20,000. Not a bad return on a $1,500 investment back in 1996.  That's relatively cheap on the resale market, if you bother to peruse the website, buying a super premo PSL (two seats) would probably set you back at least $50,000 bucks.  We've long scouted out the best options, and to my mind Club seats aren't worth the extra premium. You get nicer bathrooms, nicer bars, and the area behind the seats is heated if the weather is cold.  It's last row of the 100 level. you're under cover, and you can knock on the floor of the Owners Box. 

7 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

There have been a few of those including the Jim Thome family.  No matter what it was a PR disaster.

Even if they go far into the playoffs it will have that air around the quarterback. 

See above.  :)  Yep, it will take years for the stink to completely dissipate. Watson is just a hired mercenary.  It's our problem, but there's a 100% guarantee if any other team had pulled the trade trigger on DW, they would have gotten hit with just as much media backlash.

4 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Curious as to which of the football gods we should be grateful to for the opening flurry of easy games? And why?

WSS 

Lots of theories floating around but my belief is Watson (IF he’s suspended this season) will make a grand entrance against the AFC Champs on Monday night football that would make it a 7 game suspension.  The NFL wants eyeballs on Primetime games they don’t want to see a Brissett led Browns team. 

We can beat Carolina, NYJets and the Falcons with Brissett. We have the Steelers mixed in their at home.  We can certainly pull off an ugly 13-10 type game there too.  We absolutely need Watson for LA chargers, Pats and Ravens all of which are going to be critical Tiebreaker type games come playoff time.  

So fingers crossed it is only a four game suspension. 

2 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

Lots of theories floating around but my belief is Watson (IF he’s suspended this season) will make a grand entrance against the AFC Champs on Monday night football that would make it a 7 game suspension.  The NFL wants eyeballs on Primetime games they don’t want to see a Brissett led Browns team. 

We can beat Carolina, NYJets and the Falcons with Brissett. We have the Steelers mixed in their at home.  We can certainly pull off an ugly 13-10 type game there too.  We absolutely need Watson for LA chargers, Pats and Ravens all of which are going to be critical Tiebreaker type games come playoff time.  

So fingers crossed it is only a four game suspension. 

Well could be. Three groups to consider, first of all the league who's concerned with TV money and that could fit into their plans with a big Monday night game. Also the league is desperate to have a marquis black quarterback so I think they might be cutting some corners for him. They are already talking about waiting until the following season for whatever the suspension after things blow over a little bit.

Also the NFL players Association who don't want a high bar set because of sexual misconduct.  Even though plenty of other players have suffered who were never convicted I think they would like to see this practice come to a halt.

Third the owners I can't imagine they're happy about Jimmy setting the bar for a franchise player as high as he did. I doubt they're up for giving the Browns any special favors.

WSS but looking at the first three or four games it smells like the fix is in.