THE BROWNS BOARD

Watson Suspended for 11 Games and Fined $5 Million / and a bit OT and back.

mjp28

18 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

Just my 2 cents, but there is a clause stating the NFL owners should be held to a "higher standard" than the players.

Robert Kraft wasn't punished for solicitation. DW wasn't even charged with solicitation. Hmm....

So the NFLPA has that argument and will surely win it. So how does Robinson, and eventually Goodell hand out a punishment? This story is never going to end I fear. The media will never let it die, especially if DW gets less than a 1 year suspension.

PS-Presque Isle, Michigan is awesome.

Bob Kraft was charged with solicitation but not convicted. Something about bogus video evidence being thrown out. And I'm not aware of even one woman complaining. Bob Kraft was at a massage parlor/ cat house. So legally he broke no law nor was he accused of harassing any woman. Even if we are jealous of the Patriots success. 😏

He was not online trolling for women some of which might be hookers and some of which might not. And there's no evidence but I would guess part of the thrill was shocking at least a few of them when they showed up.

WSS

3 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Bob Kraft was charged with solicitation but not convicted. Something about bogus video evidence being thrown out. And I'm not aware of even one woman complaining. Bob Kraft was at a massage parlor/ cat house. He was not online trolling for women some of which might be hookers and some of which might not. Even if we are jealous of the Patriots success. 😏

WSS

True. But precedent is precedent. 

In the legal world, precedent is huge. 

5 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

I just edited that remark that I made I don't know if it makes any difference. But what precedent are we talkin about?

WSS

Kraft wasn't punished at all, so I think that's huge.  The NFL made a bed that is getting very uncomfortable- if they punish DW then it's going to be appealed based on the lack of punishment for Kraft. 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

Just my 2 cents, but there is a clause stating the NFL owners should be held to a "higher standard" than the players.

Robert Kraft wasn't punished for solicitation. DW wasn't even charged with solicitation. Hmm....

This might be the dumbest claim a nfl legal attorney could agree upon to put into their own conduct policy... how it plays out? IDK.. shield or a twisted shield?

none of these owners/ are the face of a QB, we actually see watching a PRO-fessional football game 

So how does Robinson, and eventually Goodell hand out a punishment? This story is never going to end I fear. 

IMO...Roger won't... defers to the next fired suit

It's great July air up there.. I seriously can't wait...Carolina's has been high 90's & humid as __ __ __ __ 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Korsou Dawg said:

You use very resentful words when you describe him, which is your prerogative. Honest question though: why?

He used the services of seemingly cheap and sleazy masseuses. Is that enough to be so resentful? Do you know any of them personally? Is it getting tugs and paying for them? It seems likely tugs were offered to him, which I believe makes it a crime committed by the masseuse under Texas law. If there was any evidence he solicited them, the criminal cases against him wouldn't have been thrown out. Historically, juries in the south are quite gung ho about convicting black men, so there must really be no shred of evidence. 

None of the actual facts known offend me, nor do they prevent my from wanting him on the team. If anything, I am seeing him more and more as a victim of a questionable legal system, and media witch hunt. My major gripe with him at this point is that he wasn't smart enough to do things 'right.' He should have gotten his massages from actual sports massage professionals. I am sure he would have been able to find one both qualified and attractive, if these were both requirements. And for tugs or equivalent I am sure Texas or neighboring states have their Heidi Fleiss who could offer those services discretely, and by women highly unlikely to get second thoughts about providing them.

Some good points involving the rather dumb sleezeball  DW.  If you want an occasional massage even visit a brothel fine   -but-    what he got involved in and he's a top 5 QB in the NFL is just plain stu-pid.  

And now our beloved Cleveland BROWNS are in the middle of this daily sports page blow-by-blow (tic) mess.

And we fans get a front row seat on what happens next.   Deshaun Cosby all the way.  The only difference Cos had 60+ women accusing him.  Oh boy.   :o

• Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

So the NFLPA has that argument and will surely win it. So how does Robinson, and eventually Goodell hand out a punishment? This story is never going to end I fear. The media will never let it die, especially if DW gets less than a 1 year suspension.

Does anyone here remember Kraft's statement concerning seeing a patriot missile up close and having female reporters in the locker rooms ?   It was about letting female reporters inside the locker rooms......which BTW I was opposed to, it's a men's locker room......but Kraft made an ass of himself anyway. 

And Kraft was giggling like a 6th grade kid when he said it.

YES this is the same guy we're talking about now, he hasn't changed one bit regardless of the  joke or situation. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Bob806 said:

Kraft wasn't punished at all, so I think that's huge.  The NFL made a bed that is getting very uncomfortable- if they punish DW then it's going to be appealed based on the lack of punishment for Kraft. 

Punished for what? He was found not guilty and not one woman complained.

WSS

3 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

WSS

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/crime-courts/robert-kraft-prostitution-charges-dropped-florida-prosecutors-n1240964

He wasn't found not guilty, the case was dropped due to cameras being installed illegally in the massage rooms.

He "violated the NFL shield" like DW, right? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 6/25/2022 at 6:00 PM, mjp28 said:

.... If she decides that some form of disciplinary action should take place, either the NFLPA* or attorney Tony Buzbee*, who is representing the women accusing Watson in the civil lawsuits, can appeal the decision to NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell, who can either make a ruling rule on the appeal or bring in an independent party to make the final decision.

for the record..

this writers in Bold statement, has been found as not correct.. only the NFL has the same rights as the NFLPA on getting a appeal process per it's NFL's conduct policy /not Buzz

Some interest over-(stepping) media updates, since date as been set...(this only means they might not be true*)

1.) The Wall Street Journal reported the NFL’s case will focus on five women who’ve sued Watson, with their cases corroborated by text messages and other evidence. 

League officials believe those allegations in particular are objectively provable and establish a clear and disturbing pattern of behavior from Watson,” according to the Wall Street Journal story.

2.) and Of course.. Florio wants real blood findings.. 😃

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/06/26/in-settlement-talks-with-deshaun-watson-nfl-insisted-on-a-suspension-of-at-least-one-year/

a.) If Robinson orders the NFL to surrender all evidence regarding the Commanders investigation and the punishment of owner Daniel Snyder to the NFLPA, that could put pressure on the league.

b.) Patriots owner Robert Kraft in connection with his solicitation charge (it was dropped), that could put pressure on the league.

c.) Cowboys voyeurism scandal, that could put pressure on the league.

Put simply, the league could cut a deal with Watson to avoid *possibly* having to disclose information that it would rather keep concealed as to Snyder, Kraft, and Jones.

stay tuned... all they have left is today's Monday...

edit--Monday

Tony Buzbee files first of ‘many’ cases against Houston Texans for enabling Deshaun Watson’s alleged misconduct

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2022/06/tony-buzbee-files-the-1st-of-many-cases-against-the-houston-texans-for-enabling-deshaun-watsons-alleged-misconduct.html

edit...Tuesday morning hearing date .. Official..

The NFL has informed Deshaun Watson and his camp, the NFL Players Association and Disciplinary Officer Sue L. Robinson that it recommends an indefinite suspension for Watson without pay for at least a year

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2022/06/nfl-has-informed-deshaun-watson-the-union-and-the-disciplinary-officer-it-recommends-an-indefinite-suspension-of-at-least-a-year.html

On 6/26/2022 at 12:42 PM, Westside Steve said:

WSS

As was Watson right?  Kraft has a lot money that could have had something to do with the no complaints just like the 20 women that got paid to become church mice silent all of a sudden.

From what I've seen and read, of the 4 remaining 1  feels very strongly he needs to be punished.  Another got mad at Watson after he said "he did nothing wrong" on the HBO story by Gumbel.  2 others weren't willing to sell out.  

Sounds like 3 people had a really bad experience with Watson; and another was insulted that he thinks of them as prostitutes - while he is rich and powerful enough to do as he please knowing he said vrs she said won't convict anyone in front of a jury or 2...

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Flugel said:

As was Watson right?  Kraft has a lot money that could have had something to do with the no complaints just like the 20 women that got paid to become church mice silent all of a sudden.

From what I've seen and read, of the 4 remaining 1  feels very strongly he needs to be punished.  Another got mad at Watson after he said "he did nothing wrong" on the HBO story by Gumbel.  2 others weren't willing to sell out.  

Sounds like 3 people had a really bad experience with Watson; and another was insulted that he thinks of them as prostitutes - while he is rich and powerful enough to do as he please knowing he said vrs she said won't convict anyone in front of a jury or 2...

Actually to your first statement no Tommy. Kraft went to a whorehouse Watson solicited assumedgly innocent massage therapist and accosted them upon their arrival. 24 or 25 claimed they had been wronged. Whether I buy that or not isn't the point. I don't like Watson but I hate Jimmy Haslam I think this entire mess is his own fault.

But I'm not willing to let Watson off the hook because of Bob Kraft. ( Even if the Patriots are too damn successful and even if Belichick cut Bernie.) If these guys want to punish him or Snyder or Jones ...

But until I go see the new Woody Allen movie starring Kevin Spacey and co-written with Louis c.k. Watson can kiss my ass.

WSS

• Upvote 2

Judges look at rules and precedent.  One would hope that Florio’s outrage isn’t factored into the equation 

From the Personal Conduct Policy (this is what appears to be a sentencing guideline by the way):

“Ownership and club or league management have traditionally been held to a higher standard and will be subject to more significant discipline when violations of the Personal Conduct Policy occur.'"

So this decision SHOULD have an impact moving forward when Jerry, Jimmy, Robert or anyone else fall out of line.  So no BS later when they are in front of the judge.

And if Watson is gone for a year or more what does that say about fines or penalties moving forward?  If Watson and the Browns are going to be the example apply it Every freaking time moving forward and hit the owners and management harder or redraft and approve new policies…. it is as simple as that. 

• Upvote 1

On 6/26/2022 at 10:11 AM, nickers said:

Yeah and a innocent person doesn't make his victims sign NDA's unless hes got something serious to hide  then suddenly has to pay them off (20 women)  An innocent person supposedly: Shouldnt have to pay anyone off!...... Puhleeze..

So you are ready to call a person despicable and spew hatred based on assumptions and zero facts. Okay then. Must be lonely up there on your 'moral high ground.'

Every major company I have ever worked for made me sign an NDA, or had it incorporated in the employment contract. Does that mean they had ungodly intentions with me? Of course not. It is a standard practice for a wealthy organization or individual to protect themselves. Welcome to the real world, my fellow Brownie. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Korsou Dawg said:

So you are ready to call a person despicable and spew hatred based on assumptions and zero facts. Okay then. Must be lonely up there on your 'moral high ground.'

Every major company I have ever worked for made me sign an NDA, or had it incorporated in the employment contract. Does that mean they had ungodly intentions with me? Of course not. It is a standard practice for a wealthy organization or individual to protect themselves. Welcome to the real world, my fellow Brownie. 

C'mon... 66 broads dude... This dude is a star athlete... Why does he need to recruit all of these women to carry out his weird fetishes...  This is NOT normal behavior... He's an idiot...

The main difference with Kraft and DW is that in Kraft's case there was actual evidence (he was caught on tape). In DW's there are only accusations.

If the policy says that ownership and management are to be held to a higher standard, the precedent is clear and DW doesn't get a single game. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, nickers said:

C'mon... 66 broads dude... This dude is a star athlete... Why does he need to recruit all of these women to carry out his weird fetishes...  This is NOT normal behavior... He's an idiot...

And most likely going to continue to prey on women... I hope he banished from the NFL and the contract is nullified. The Texans should be charged with EXTORTION and Cleveland returned our picks. Then Andrew Berry and Jimmy Haslam need to go and give Baker a massage. Dumbasses.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Jimmy, Dee... Cuck.

You Bastards make me sick.

1 and fucking 31!!!

A fucking toilet bowl parade for going 0-16. 

Baker made us relevant again, actually gave me a reason to believe, however fleeting, for this accursed organization. 

With Mayfield actually healthy and with the team around him this year, we could have won the whole dame thing.

Ungrateful. Unloyal. Short-Sighted. Willfully Ignorant. 

You are not supposed to lose your spot because of an injury. Baker is the best thing that has ever happened since I became a brown's fan... last century. 

If Baker goes, I go too. Have fun with Bonerhead. Andrew Berry Cucked, I'm so disappointed. For all the years of building draft capital and being very savvy with the salary cap, this deal with Watson just made it all a wash.

You thought we were laughingstocks before... oh, just wait, Jimmy Haslam just asked Berry to hold his beer...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Korsou Dawg said:

The main difference with Kraft and DW is that in Kraft's case there was actual evidence (he was caught on tape). In DW's there are only accusations.

If the policy says that ownership and management are to be held to a higher standard, the precedent is clear and DW doesn't get a single game. 

You sound like Watson's Mother. Please, this dude has a very serious problem. He had a girlfriend at the time too. The first step to fixing a problem is admitting you have one. Watson can't even find the stairs, dude's took an elevator his whole life. He's not even a better QB than Mayfield... maybe a better athlete, not a better QB, never, not in a million years could Watson's Football Intellect match wits with Baker Mayfields. I think that a lot of you forget that Tom Brady couldn't outrun Joel Bitonio. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Korsou Dawg said:

no, the main difference is that kraft went to a prostitute -

watson offended a lot of women, most? who were NOT prostitutes, although you have to wonder about the ones he flew in to his fancy place who were NOT licensed to be massotherapists.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, PoeticG said:

You sound like Watson's Mother. Please, this dude has a very serious problem. He had a girlfriend at the time too. The first step to fixing a problem is admitting you have one. Watson can't even find the stairs, dude's took an elevator his whole life. He's not even a better QB than Mayfield... maybe a better athlete, not a better QB, never, not in a million years could Watson's Football Intellect match wits with Baker Mayfields. I think that a lot of you forget that Tom Brady couldn't outrun Joel Bitonio. 

Bingo!!!

4 hours ago, PoeticG said:

And most likely going to continue to prey on women... I hope he banished from the NFL and the contract is nullified. The Texans should be charged with EXTORTION and Cleveland returned our picks. Then Andrew Berry and Jimmy Haslam need to go and give Baker a massage. Dumbasses.

Quality Content!!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

no, the main difference is that kraft went to a prostitute -

watson offended a lot of women, most? who were NOT prostitutes, although you have to wonder about the ones he flew in to his fancy place who were NOT licensed to be massotherapists.

I’m not following this…and I’ve heard this a few times now but because he went to a prostitute things are better or okay?   Is this okay with the NFLs morality clause? 

• Thanks 1

And let’s get something straight Baker is the reason we are here.  he couldn’t take an excellent roster to the next level and we are ready for the next level.  Which is okay but in the meantime he could have acted like a mature professional and we would have accepted more of his inefficiencies at this level like reading a defense. 

Josh Allen would have done it.  We’d have no need this season 

And Darnold or Rosen we’d be picking Burrow or Herbert after we realized the mistake and went 2-14 in 2019. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 4

24 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

And let’s get something straight Baker is the reason we are here.  he couldn’t take an excellent roster to the next level and we are ready for the next level.  Which is okay but in the meantime he could have acted like a mature professional and we would have accepted more of his inefficiencies at this level like reading a defense. 

Josh Allen would have done it.  We’d have no need this season 

And Darnold or Rosen we’d be picking Burrow or Herbert after we realized the mistake and went 2-14 in 2019. 

Josh Allen hasnt done anything yet... Puhleese

• Haha 1