THE BROWNS BOARD

2022 Browns OTA's/Mandatory Camp/ rolls into Training Camp

gumby73

Good a place as any to ask...

Help your boy Tiamat get to Browns camp this year!  I've been pretty damn busy and completely missed out on my chance to snag a couple tickets before they were all taken.  If you or anyone you know are looking to get rid of theirs, especially those early camp season, mid week ticket (Tue, Wed, Thurs) type one's...   please send me a PM. 

Would go a long way to getting a 2022 Camp Thread, something I haven't been able to do in a few years sadly.      

Appreciate it.  

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

Now just 10 days away from the 2022 Browns Training Camp gates opening..images.jpg.8e979d08ca5ff095e767cee01dc07f0a.jpg  Oh My 🧡🤎.. What a off-season it has been 

ending with my fan side note.. I'm nowhere near projecting what record or what to expect from this Browns football season 🤓... and that's new in my Browns fandom..

Go Browns ! 

Wait... only 10 more days of reading the hormonal pinings from the Baker Bros over their departed hero? NOOOOOOO!

Wait to post your record prediction until the week before the season opener on another exciting edition of Dutch's Browns Questions! 🙂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gumby73 said:

I'm nowhere near projecting what record or what to expect from this Browns football season 🤓... and that's new in my Browns fandom..

How can you?  We don't even know who will be playing the most important position on the team.

I wish they'd hurry up and announce what they're doing to Watson.  They're really hamstringing the team by keeping them in limbo all this time.  Especially if they kick him out for the year.  We could've had a playbook in somebody's hands already.  

12 minutes ago, Orion said:

How can you?  We don't even know who will be playing the most important position on the team.

I wish they'd hurry up and announce what they're doing to Watson.  They're really hamstringing the team by keeping them in limbo all this time.  Especially if they kick him out for the year.  We could've had a playbook in somebody's hands already.  

The playbook has been in Jacoby Brissett's hands since the day he officially became a Cleveland Brown. 

For good or bad, we're rolling with him if Watson isn't available either from suspension, injury, or other. 

32 minutes ago, Orion said:

I wouldn't bet on that being the case if Watson were sentenced to a year.  

What a predicament the BROWNS are in especially with the huge outlay of guaranteed money to DW.  He has virtually NO incentive to stay 100% in game shape and collect millions of dollars from Cleveland outside of some personal pride.....or whatever.  Especially on a one (plus with hs previous mess)  year suspension. 

Right now the BROWNS in 2022 are looking at QBs  2, 3 maybe 4.  A professional football nightmare. 

Come on preseason  !

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Wait to post your record prediction until 'the week before the season opener' on another exciting edition of Dutch's Browns Questions! 🙂

Always fun.. thanks!

@Nero... read above in bold^^  and where/how the ______ ya been?  :D

6 minutes ago, Orion said:

1) How can you?  We don't even know who will be playing the most important position on the team.  

2.) I wish they'd hurry up and announce what they're doing to Watson.  They're really hamstringing the team by keeping them in limbo all this time.  Especially if they kick him out for the year. 

3.) We could've had a playbook in somebody's hands already.  

1) keep in mind... Berry only rolled out a million dollar contract in year one...telling/ in most opinions... his best contract hopes remaining? is nothing rolls past the start of the 2023 season.. meaning.. settle on all remaining & new cum'ers 😁 

2) Our only real hope is? Judge Sue Robinson not letting this thing get to the NFL's appeals process... and I can't even image how she makes that happen.. 

3.) You'd want nobody of who's walking the FA QB streets at this time... Team QB cuts may find Berry's QB3..

All this media Jimmy G trade talk?  49'ers GM John Lynch ain't stupid nor a new hater of the Jimmy G fan club... this all started when Debo wanted paid now(and still is not paid)... John Lynch could care less about Berry looking for a one year QB trade piece...    

• Thanks 1

On 7/17/2022 at 10:54 PM, gumby73 said:

Always fun.. thanks!

@Nero... read above in bold^^  and where/how the ______ ya been?  :D

It is offseason for me, I brely check any NFL news. 

Having a calm summer, full of heatwaves... 

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Nero said:

Having a calm summer, full of heatwaves... 

Good to see you here. Been wondering when you'd check in. Getting close to pre-season so this is as good a time as any.

Heat wave has set monthly high daily average records in central Texas for May, June and now working hard on July. Down to one day a week allowed to water dying grass during the worse drought since 2011 which set all kinds of records.

EDIT: My daughter has been taking Spanish lessons on line for a couple of months and has gotten very good at it. She tells me she wants to practice on me when she gets to the end. I told her now I would have to start the BBC Spanish course if I want to keep up with her sharp mind. I got to practice a few days when we had painters in the house from Mexico. Funny how some phrases come instantly back that I haven't used in years like, "No te preocupes por eso."😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Nero said:

Having a calm summer, full of heatwaves... you ? 

Oh yes I see most of Europe like here in the States are going through some record heat.

And read any good books lately to pass the heat ?

I'm more about history podcasts and videos. Just finished listening a 7h podcast about McArthur's Japan post WWII. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Nero said:

I'm more about history podcasts and videos. Just finished listening a 7h podcast about McArthur's Japan post WWII. 

Excellent. I completed The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich using Audible this year. Parallels on how using the same lies continually got Hitler in total control.

BTW in the Spanish phrase above I never knew there was an "s" at the end of "preocupes" until I looked it up. Venezuelans drop those "s" es on most words ending in "s". Or as my wife's college Spanish professor once told her, "You learned your Spanish in Venezuela didn't you. I can tell because you eat all your "s" es."  LOL!😂

12 hours ago, Nero said:

That's pretty interesting. 

My grandfather, grandmother and dad lived in Japan for a short stint in the early 50s. (And Formosa/Taiwan before that)

9 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Meanwhile Nick is preparing for the 2022 season.  😱

Look at that bar bend !   Big squats for a power RB.

11 hours ago, Orion said:

There's no need to be trying to set world records here.  No gettin' hurt!!

I agree 100%.

There's really no practical need to do something like this. I swear to dog if he blows out his knee or his bunghole doing something silly like this, I will be one salty bitch. 

• Like 2

• gumby73 changed the title to 2022 Browns OTA's/Mandatory Camp/ rolls into Training Camp

Note title edit. adding Browns Training Camp... 

Rookies & Quarterbacks began yesterday on Friday... This Wednesday, July 27th the full roster will begin.. 

Any updates, are always welcome !

In Rookie news.. Bell has an issue with a foot that kept him from passing his physical.

WR David Bell placed on PUP with foot injury  

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2022/07/browns-3rd-round-wr-david-bell-placed-on-activepup-with-a-foot-injury-and-should-practice-within-couple-of-weeks.html

12 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Meanwhile Nick is preparing for the 2022 season.  😱

"You can label Chubb “That Dude,” “Certified Dawg,” “Stud,” or anything else currently in vague.

Just don’t take a straight on tackling angle to get in his way".  😤

I've watched Todd Gurley run track in HS...👀  but not like this Georgia Dawg ..  

Nick-Chubb-High-School-1-STACK.png.d16bb598e61a52466b32026a323d4eb3.png

I'm guessing no flexing tsunami bars was missed in his new contract... damn scary squat ups!  

13 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Bar is designed to do that - tsunami 

Oh God it sure reminds me of my days as a lifter.....but not near in Chubb's league.   He is one awesome athlete. 

In high school when I was out for football we lifted after school every day M-F even after I had a knee injury just as part of the team.

My buddy and I didn't have a last period so we'd get in first.....

......hit the Toledo !  The big Toledo meat scale, the first thing you'd do.  Write your weight on the chart then.....Hit the rotation  a standard rotation of weights at stations.  After that you'd be free to work out on agility drills, other weights or whatever.   My dad would pick us up between 4 and 5pm, what a good time, and you were in shape.

I kept on a weight routine for years afterwards even working down the mill. 

13 hours ago, Orion said:

There's no need to be trying to set world records here.  No gettin' hurt!!

Off season workouts that delicate balance between getting as strong as you can/need to be and getting ready to put the uniform on.

I'll assume Chubb knows what his limits are preparing for that brutal NFL 17 game season.   

---------------

.....oh I wish they'd cut it back to 14 or 15 games.  But no way on that with the money-maker 17 games AND the owners want 18 games screw the players and their bodies.  Even the linemen get beat to death as iis,  I can't imagine going through that ordeal before  the playoffs.   Oh well.....

2 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Rookies & Quarterbacks began yesterday on Friday... This Wednesday, July 27th the full roster will begin.. 

Thanks!  

So our newly drafted WR won't be ready for training camp's opening Bell.  -  poopys!

9 hours ago, Orion said:

Thanks!  

So our newly drafted WR won't be ready for training camp's opening Bell.  -  poopys!

That stinks, definitely want to see him get as many reps as possible. 

I have some concern about how long it is going to take for the offense to get clicking on all cylinders. Some new faces, some questions obviously about availability. 

24 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

That stinks, definitely want to see him get as many reps as possible.   Like Winfrey that Tia likes, we kinda' need Bell to be good also.  Two of the three most concerning position groups.  

I have some concern about how long it is going to take for the offense to get clicking on all cylinders. Some new faces, some questions obviously about availability. 

The offense, of course is the big question mark because two of the three most concerning position groups are on that side of the ball.  QB & WR.  Fortunately, Chubb can squat 600 lbs.  He may have to be a lot of the offense.  Until we can wade through the QB situation, the D is going to have to play quite well.

Gumpy's top Pre Camp Gripes// excluding QB

1.)  Center: The battle is between Nick Harris and Ethan Pocic..  iron sharpens iron right?

2. Defensive tackle: Both starting defensive tackle jobs are up for grabs.. let's not hand out a center position?

3. Slot CB: Greg Newsome II was not drafted to play slot CB.. he is now... Greedy/AJ Green/Emerson Jr who's CB3/4?

4. Slot WR.. Jakeem Grant or Anthony Schwartz will now try on the Landry slot cleats, while David Bell may not see Brissett QB reps? Is Wims or Weston the sleeper? 

5. MIKE LB.. My hopes? Jacob Phillips..or does the role belong to Anthony Walker Jr. Joe Woods?

6. I'd also expect RT Jack Conklin to go to the PUP list ..Can Jedrick Wills & Chris Hubbard get around the padded camp injury land-mines? 🤞

• Like 1

Am I remembering this wrong, or were the Browns supposedly interested in drafting WR John Metchie, from Alabama in last year's draft?

Well, he was just diagnosed with leukemia. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34289700/houston-texans-wr-john-metchie-iii-diagnosed-leukemia

Browns QB's & Rookies will be joined by the remaining roster on Tuesday the 26th...

Might expect some possible Tuesday news, while Browns Training Camp physicals will be taking place on Tuesday also.. 

On field Camp drills will begin on Wednesday the 27th..

we have made it to Browns football season 🏈

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

we have made it to Browns football season 🏈

...and another 'interesting' ?  offseason is being carved into the books.  

Reality!  Stranger than fiction!  Picture yourself at last Thanksgiving dinner....and someone says, "I bet that next training camp Baker will be competing with Sam Darnold in Carolina and we'll have Josh Rosen.....pass the mashed potatoes please."    

• Haha 2

#Browns placed RT Jack Conklin (knee), CB Denzel Ward (foot) on PUP list.. They join rookie receiver David Bell, who may have suffered a stress fracture in his foot, and is expected back on the field in a couple of weeks.

LB Anthony Walker Jr. (groin) and DT Sheldon Day (back) are on non-football injury list..

WR Javon Wims on non-football illness list..

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2022/07/browns-place-denzel-ward-and-jack-conklin-on-activepup-as-training-camp-begins-wednesday.html