THE BROWNS BOARD

2022 Browns OTA's/Mandatory Camp/ rolls into Training Camp

gumby73

On 7/22/2022 at 5:41 PM, mjp28 said:

Look at that bar bend !   Big squats for a power RB.

I'm guessing his spinal discs will have something to say about this a little later in life. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

LWR 11 Peoples-Jones, Donovan 20/6 16 *Wims, Javon NFI 12 Woods II, Michael 22/6  
25 Felton Jr., Demetric 21/6

RWR 2 Cooper, Amari T/Dal 10 *Schwartz, Anthony 21/3 84 Bradley, Ja'Marcus CF20 17 Weston, Isaiah CF22    
SWR 18 *Bell, David PUP 9 Grant Sr., Jakeem U/Chi 82 Harley Jr., Mike CF22 83 Harris, Travell CF22

WR David Bell PUP... WR Javon Wims NFI.. WR A.Schwartz left Day 2 with Left Knee issue vs air 😕...

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2022/07/anthony-schwartz-walks-off-day-2-of-browns-training-camp-with-an-apparent-left-leg-injury.html

The Browns announced that A.Schwartz will be further evaluated, which likely means an MRI or other imaging tests.

friday edit--Schwartz day to day/ labelled as left Knee Strain... Grant/Felton/Woods seeing Bell/Schwartz injured camp reps.. 

The Cleveland Browns have claimed S Jovante Moffatt via waivers from the New York Jets.

Moffatt (5-11, 213) is officially in his third season out of Middle Tennessee State. He spent the past two seasons with the Browns after signing with the club as an undrafted free agent in 2020. Over the course of his career, he has played in 14 games and registered 10 tackles. He appeared in five games with the Browns in 2021 and spent most of the season on the club's practice squad. Moffatt is a native of Union City, Tenn.

On 7/28/2022 at 7:12 PM, syd said:

fuller ?

I don't see why not.  Schwartz is always hurt.  And after Cooper we don't have anyone that scares anyone at WR.  What if Cooper were to get hurt?  God forbid.  

• Thanks 1

WR Will Fuller V

It just seems odd, that a 28 year old, former 1st round WR, can't get a visit to a teams training camp.. here's my inside look, from outside..

1.)shows a lot of injury risk in history..https://www.draftsharks.com/fantasy/injury-history/will-fuller/7478

2.) Suspended for PED use.. maybe trying to recover from said injury risk's

3.) Signed a one year/ 10 million dollar contract in Miami 💰...than, Screams of reads.. of ending up in HC Brian Flores doghouse 🛖, by only playing in 2 games, suffering from a simple broken finger in week 4 of 2021...

From BR...

Will Fuller V is a significant health risk. The 28-year-old receiver has a laundry list of injuries throughout his career and had as many ailments in 2021 as he did catches (four).

Still, when Fuller is healthy, he's a dangerous deep threat capable of taking the top off of a defense.

The last time he was healthy he posted a career-high 11.7 yards per target and a stat line of 53 catches for 879 yards and eight touchdowns in 2020. Then again, he still only played in 11 games as he dealt with hamstring and groin injuries.

Last season, a broken finger ended Fuller's season. So it isn't like all of the injuries have been the kind that will linger into the next year.

At this point, Fuller is worth the risk. He would be a great addition for any team that is thin on receiver or in need of a burner. Even if he misses a handful of games in 2022 he could help a team come playoff time.

Best Fits: Cleveland Browns, Baltimore Ravens, Indianapolis Colts

What could AB be thinking ? 🤔

a.) Well... I just paid a 29 year old, WR/ST Jakeem Grant for 3 years/ for 10M dollars..(3.33M/year) from Fuller's same draft class

b.) I Stole a WR1 in Amari Cooper from dallas...

Likes DPJ as his WR2... 

c.) Drafted D.Felton.. who? ("never has a single bitch on where he plays"/ his HC/ says he's always comes prepared knowing both positional playbooks)  

d.) Has J.Bradley...Schwartz/Wims/and a (Stef well liked) drafted rookie in David Bell coming back from injuries soon.. along with a drafted Woods (bigger than a thought) and 3 UDFA's..

In ending? 

1) How much money is Will Fuller's agent asking for this time?

2) Is Fuller's injury history & asking contract worth? bumping DPJ's down again to a WR3?

I'm just a bored fan, passing on adding Will Fuller at this point..  I've moved on to adding this right/side OL stud...

Bills T/G Daryl Williams

At this stage of the game durability, consistency and versatility are in-demand traits when it comes to offensive linemen.

That's why Daryl Williams comes in as one of the top-ranked free agent linemen available.

Williams is not a dominant blocker. He's never been a Pro Bowler or All-Pro selection. However, if he's the weak link in the offensive line, it's a good unit.

The 29-year-old has played in every possible game in each of the last three seasons so durability isn't an issue. Within those games, he has been serviceable as both a tackle and guard, offering the kind of positional versatility that can be huge up front.

Williams was at his best in 2020 when he only gave up three sacks and was graded out at 79.4 by PFF.

That would be an upgrade for several teams at right tackle. Even if he can't usurp the starter at that position he offers a strong option at guard as well. Anyone with uncertainty on the right side of the line should look into Williams.

Best Fits: Las Vegas Raiders, Los Angeles Chargers, Tennessee Titans

can we trust Conklin/Wills or Hubbard to remain upright all season?

The 1st Fan Day at Browns Training Camp at 2PM today... Man! don't you wish were there ! ! 🥸  

Now...Back to our players that are... 💪 #LFG

GO BROWNS !

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Glad I didn't see this coming 😘..

Bravo Cynthia !  ya see, there is good looking women from Michigan  🤫

Hey! Do they make them their Guardian Caps in a full orange knee brace? 🤠

Well liked, UDFA WR Isaiah Weston, became the 4th Browns WR to go out before the pads come on Tuesday... Pending image testing again..

WR Isaiah Weston carted off with knee injury

Another day, another receiver injury for the Browns. Undrafted rookie Isaiah Weston out of Northern Iowa was carted off midway through practice with a knee injury that appears to be serious.

Weston had his head in his hand on the cart with a distressed look on his face. He underwent imaging tests after practice and was awaiting results. Early word was that they were hoping it was a meniscus injury and not a torn ACL, which would cost him the season, a source told cleveland.com. Weston (6-foot-4, 214 pounds) was having a nice camp and getting extra reps with other receivers injured.

Let's try Jake Trotter for a change of luck 🔮🪄 and his day 4 camp pencil ✏️

Breaking down #BrownsCLEBrowns2022SeasonEmoji.png training camp Day 4:

FY8GmNFWQAI9pg5.png.48430704353b17b8a5222d4079f26a0d.png

Monday can't come soon enough.. 😇  

Any fan volunteers that think they can still play WR ? Ya may want to Come in the gates early !

Ya get 90 camp bullets AB... 

I'm taking Sunday off too ! 

Oh ! and this might come into play later 🧐   

- Practice squad protection is no longer in play.. Last year you could protect a player from Tuesday to the end of the week, but the NFL didn't keep this

- You can steal a player from another team's practice squad at any point throughout the season by adding them to your 53-man roster...

them's the 2022 NFL rules.. 

• Thanks 1

Tough break for Weston you hate to see someone's dreams take a hit like that.   

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Good off Day find..

Many of us members, like myself, live states away from Cleveland,Ohio...

Chris Porkey at Dawgs by Natures, always does a good job of video tour taping at Browns Training Camp.. Chris got in Saturday's, day 4 opening day with fans.. This season has some new renovations..

Chose to start this at 29 mins of his Bus & Bike tour arriving at the facility.. At 42 mins. your at the walk-up gate..

Enjoy & Thanks Chris !  WooF !

• Upvote 1

Teven Jenkins is available for trade - and not currently at Bears camp.  Rd2 pick last year and arguably the most talented OT in 2021 draft.. and one of the most immature. I'd throw a 2023 5th their way to take him off their hands.. see if Callahan plus the veterans can make him into something serviceable -- or if Wills doesn't pan out, a long-term LT.  And they're very aware a rd5 is basically the best they'll get.

On 7/17/2022 at 10:48 AM, tiamat63 said:

Good a place as any to ask...

Help your boy Tiamat get to Browns camp this year!  

Happy Friday ! 

FZWI5AwUIAA8WIV.jpg.72b838a114ac4d50598cf5e4ef9cd10f.jpg

Due to overwhelming support and demand at #BrownsCamp we're adding more seating! Reserve your spot now for an upcoming practice! ➡️ https://brow.nz/a42

Good Luck !

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Browns sign USFL defensive player of the year Chris Odomg

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/08/05/browns-sign-usfl-defensive-player-of-the-year-chris-odom/

An impressive season in the USFL was enough to earn Chris Odom another shot in the NFL.

The Browns signed Odom, a Houston Gamblers defensive end who was named USFL defensive player of the year, today.

Odom last played in the NFL during the 2019 season in Washington, and he wrote on Twitter that he was eager to get another chance.

“903 days since I was back in the league,” Odom wrote. “Thank you @theUSFL @USFLGamblers for the opportunity to continue to live my dream. Next chapter. Let’s get it @ClevelandBrowns.”

Signing with Cleveland will reunite Odom with Browns defensive end Myles Garrett, who was Odom’s teammate at Martin High School in Arlington, Texas.

• Upvote 1

Chris Odom.. Welcome in Dawg !

uzcK_cUF.jpg.2068c8f06aa85cad5fa14e9009c7678e.jpg  Odom was the best DE, I saw playing in the USFL this season.. 

Camps gotten a little chippy in Kev's opinion ..Not pleased with the crispness of practice, #Browns Kevin Stefanski huddled team before restarting practice.

will try to update camp days over the weekend..(blame D.Watson episodes 4 or 5 ;))

Chris Odom vs. Curtis Weaver might be your bottom of the roster DE camp battle to watch here

13 hours ago, gumby73 said:

will try to update camp days over the weekend..(blame D.Watson episodes 4 or 5 ;))

Dawg Check-ing! in..

So we left off after Day 4 and before this weekend's of Sat. & Sun. practices were at Day 9 today.. Off Monday 

Cheers to 4 days of combined Camp updates.. (delays my, putting 2 wife'y recliners together😇)  

1) WR I.Weston ACL is not tore.. but, still requires surgery.. Weston was waived w/injury..and in Ray Farmer fashion we added a LSU UDFA Derrick Dillon from LSU that will try to wear #80 (Landry) 

2 Also in Day 5 RT Jack Conklin returned off the PUP list.. Good Luck! his return reads well..Worked his butt off

3. our former S Jovante Moffatt is back after he was waived from the Jets.. Maybe the R.LeCounte doghouse is real?

4. WR A. Cooper rolled his ankle last Monday.. But the new Dawg returned Wednesday only missing pad opening day

5. Not much news by day 6.. but Camp scuffles started Tuesday. And at least 1, Up & thru Friday, that Kev stopped practice Friday to huddle about. maybe looking at #6

6. Injuries update.. Schwartz(knee)/Bell(foot)/Day(Back)/Walker(groin)/Ward(foot)/Weatherly(knee) & Mims (ill/covid?)

7. On to Day 7.. Hi again Ray Farmer.. Browns sign Mich. UDFA 6'2" 220lbs.👀 of Daylen Baldwin with a luv for college YAC..than AB waived S Nate Meadors, in which the NYG's added quickly.. maybe R. LeCounte has 9 dawg lives? 

8. is for day 8.. C Nick Harris walked off with a nice poke to his eye (ouch! helmet/shield-less?) AB swaps CB's..added CB Lavert Hill- Waived CB Reggie Robinson w/injury.. Punters? get hurt? P Cory Bojurquez missed 2 days with a right foot injury. But, punts with his left foot..Cory returned to punting on Day 8

9. I got to add.. K Cade York & late WR draftee Michael Woods III, have had outstanding reviews from the media.. WR Michael Woods missed Fridays practice with the dreaded Hamstring.. Quick returns to Mr. Woods !

10. will end your Gumby top 10 high/low lights 🤓 (so I'll leave This one thought for our pal Tour recovering) some english/spelling or my grammar has been rumored to need a decoder ring.. But don't blame the camp messenger;)

We've made it to Camp Day Saturday With WR David Bell & LB Anthony Walker being released from the PUP list this morning :)... they both should ease into practice over the weekend

Kevin loves the word "Work'... but, It's time to move on to.. Whom's 'Executing' in their "Work" Kev<< we got ya Tour2ma'ish 

Go Browns ! 

Saturday edit.. 

#Browns roster moves:

Activated WR David Bell, LB Anthony Walker, WR Javon Wims from PUP

WR Anthony Schwartz (knee) back practicing. Had missed week.

Signed DE Chris Odom.

Placed DE Stephen Weatherly (knee) on injured reserve. 🥺

Kareem Hunt holding in news.. 

League source has confirmed the @JosinaAnderson report that #Browns running back Kareem Hunt has sat out team drills the last two practices as he seeks out a new contract. Hunt, who did participate in individual drills, is in his final season of his current deal.

https://nfltraderumors.co/browns-rb-kareem-hunt-skipping-team-drills-looking-for-contract-extension/

Browns RB Kareem Hunt—currently seeking a contract extension—did not participate in team drills for the second consecutive practice on Saturday. Hunt told the team multiple times recently, his current plan is to participate in individuals drills only. Friday marked the first time since training camp started that Hunt didn't participate in the team portion of practice, per league sources. Their belief is Hunt’s partial ‘hold-in’ isn't health related. Hunt is subject to fines from the club. Hunt’s agent was at the Browns facility earlier this week per sources. I’ve been told several times Hunt periodically has said to members of the team informally --he wants to get paid or traded. However, one source emphasized they believe Hunt would like to stay in Cleveland, but just wants to be compensated for his worth. Hunt received a 2-yr extension in 2020, reportedly worth $13.25M (per NFLN), after starting his career with the Chiefs. Last season Hunt played in 8 games, rushing for 386 yards after dealing with calf and ankle injuries. Hunt rushed for a career-high 1327 yards his rookie season

A double drama, Some what odd, Practice week is in the books.. Browns off Monday..

Sunday day 10..https://www.brownszone.com/2022/08/07/training-camp-log-day-10-jakeem-grant-sr-told-he-cant-be-all-right-must-use-left-arm/

Sticking with the ST theme...

Practice video from @camijustice today, this is a 45 yard FG from Cade York.

That ball was still going up. From 45.      The leg power is huge.

FZlcxBIWIAArC0X.jpg.5da7f587eb0b2f42c29eb08c4cf49157.jpg

https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2022/08/07/cade-york-hits-fg-to-end-practice-gets-lifted-onto-teammates-shoulders/

coach transcript on Ford/Grant & others 

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2022/08/kareem-hunt-sitting-out-team-drills-jakeem-grants-offensive-value-kevin-stefanski-transcript.html

#Browns assistant Callie Brownson leads U.S. Women's Tackle National Team to gold medal

#Browns are scheduled to travel to Jacksonville on Wednesday. Pre-season game 1 is Friday

• Upvote 1

On 7/30/2022 at 9:37 PM, gumby73 said:

Isaiah Weston out of Northern Iowa was carted off midway through practice with a knee injury that appears to be serious.

Poopys!  I wanted that guy to be a diamond in the rough.  Big & Fast.  Now he's broken and gone...

21 minutes ago, Orion said:

Poopys!  I wanted that guy to be a diamond in the rough.  Big & Fast.  Now he's broken and gone...

I had the guy penciled in to get to our PS via some pre-season games... His ACL is not tore, but needs surgery..

Berry had to waive Weston as injured.. But if he is not picked up injured? I guess my question would be?

Does UDFA's still not roll back into our IR system? He'd be a good piece to keep, to see hands-on pro ball a year 

Browns were off today..

Just have a good vibe on this addition this year..https://www.news5cleveland.com/sports/browns/im-a-receiver-first-jakeem-grant-hopeful-for-versatile-role-with-browns

Joe Thomas & more camp video.. https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/brownscamp-daily-joe-thomas-delivering-incredibly-helpful-instructions-to-o-line

Ending with the Browns 1st unofficial depth chart going into Jacksonville Friday night..PS1 

FZqlpwTXkAcHi25.jpg.25b006959639c1cfe36b7254abe1eafe.jpg

#Jaguars

FZHoHXmWAAAGa1f.jpg.b3b5a6c77b1f365c7babf58886441be1.jpg

19 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

the IDL situation looks incredibly shakey when you see Taven Bryan listed as a starter. 

I miss Malik McDowell already 🤐..

When you broke down Dawson Deaton? Did he show any back-up Guard potential?  

I gotta keep my boyz record straight..

Naked ✔️ 

Malik Pancakes the cop ✔️ 

gets naked raked by the stiffs hedges found in Florida behind said cop ✔️  

than gets stun gunned  ✔️  (game over)

I still check in..

He still thinks he was laced at a gym by someone...

The Florida Cop he bulldozed is Suing McDowell.. no fla. court date yet..

this went down in mid Jan. of this year.. 

10 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Unless there has been a complete 180 from November, the IDL situation looks incredibly shakey when you see Taven Bryan listed as a starter. 

Definitely a concern.  I was hoping the Browns would address this in the draft; and where we landed Winfrey could be a blessing.  That said, it wasn't the priority it should have been. 

My guess is we'll add some DTs as rosters get trimmed or if there's money leftover to sign any veteran FAs still out there.  

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, gumby73 said:

When you broke down Dawson Deaton? Did he show any back-up Guard potential?  

Not something I had considered.  

He has the dimensions for it.  Height, weight, wingspan and for our particular brand of outside zone, quick feet.   I don't see why he couldn't be given those looks at guard. 

However the strength of his game mainly rested on his eyes and decision making in pass pro as a center.  I mentioned it before, but the times he was free to absolutely maul Overshown from Texas, he passed on that in favor of just being a bigger body in the way. 

So a transition to guard means I'm going to need to see a bit more willingness to win contact with strength, leverage, technique and a nasty attitude. 

Of course a shift to guard would mean that Harris is looking good, and Pocic can be a competent backup (God forbid) if needed.  At which point, sure.  You can begin looking past Bito retiring and towards the development of a long term replacement that is already on roster.

• Thanks 1