THE BROWNS BOARD

Njoku gets paid

Nero

Yeah. I just remembered that you guys celebrate April's Fools' Day. 

Have a nice Friday everyone ;)

PS: If you fell for it, reply so more people join the party. 

• Haha 2

Doing what Nero asked and responding to this joke he pulled on us so more people think its real, I'm going to ask if anyone else in the 90s had a sweet Starters jacket? I had the Starter jacket below, and it might have been one of the coolest things I've ever owned. I'd buy it again if they made it. 

brooklyn dodgers starter jacket.jpeg

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Nero said:

these look like fun... https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2022/4/1/23005726/daily-dawg-chow-browns-news-4-1-22-never-gonna-give-you-up-never-gonna-let-you-down-never-gonna-run

ya see what you started ;)  TGIF & a job  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Nero said:

Yeah. I just remembered that you guys celebrate April's Fools' Day. 

Have a nice Friday everyone ;)

You merely adopted the April Fools gag.

I was born into it, molded by it.  I didn't see anything serious until I was a man, and by then I was nothing but traumatized. 

• Upvote 1

We should be so lucky even on April 1st.   But it appears that there are no open quarterback slots.....no April fools. 

6 hours ago, Riffer X said:

I can't believe they're willing to bring that guy back here.

I would puke if that happened , Bro...

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, nickers said:

I would puke if that happened , Bro...

Step away from the guitar!

His fit with Watson would be a whole different level than it was with Baker.

I was even concerned with the Cooper acquisition fit, until the Watson trade was announced.

OBJ, Peeps, Cooper.... odds and ends... works for me as a WR room... except cap-wise.

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Step away from the guitar!

His fit with Watson would be a whole different level than it was with Baker.

I was even concerned with the Cooper acquisition fit, until the Watson trade was announced.

OBJ, Peeps, Cooper.... odds and ends... works for me as a WR room... except cap-wise.

Blowdell is damaged goods.. And he's nothing but a distraction and made of porcelain.. Big pass... He got his SB trinket... He can go fade into the sunset...

15 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Seriously or just "foolin'"?

Yep, not a fan of the foolin all day long thing T. 

But now it's 5:10 am on a Saturday morning and you know what that means..... 

• 1 month later...

The #Browns and franchise tagged TE David Njoku have reached an agreement in principle on a large new 4-year, $56.75M contract extension, sources tell me and @TomPelissero. He gets $28M guaranteed at signing on the deal that averages $14.1875M per year, the fifth highest paid TE.

FTysDN_X0AgSWbD.jpg.a15d37eeaa58e7fb05a0c9fab6e5e3d8.jpg  Congratulations Chief!! #Browns #85

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

The #Browns and franchise tagged TE David Njoku have reached an agreement in principle on a large new 4-year, $56.75M contract extension, sources tell me and @TomPelissero. He gets $28M guaranteed at signing on the deal that averages $14.1875M per year, the fifth highest paid TE.

FTysDN_X0AgSWbD.jpg.a15d37eeaa58e7fb05a0c9fab6e5e3d8.jpg  Congratulations Chief!! #Browns #85

So not worth it... 6-8Mill is about what hes worth... He's not even a 5 tool player... This is bullshit...

• Upvote 1

That should keep ol' Njoku happy and around for a few years. 

Good for him. 

6 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

That should keep ol' Njoku happy and around for a few years. 

Good for him. 

With that amount guaranteed.. I'm going to guess Berry has left himself a out in 2 years? Details of the deal, might come out over the weekend? Non the less.. Joke sits 750k ahead of TE Mark Andrews in 4th for now.. might be better paying now/ than waiting on a TE market increase hit of Kittle/Kelce & Andrews 💲.. good use of the franchise tag up till now

14 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

With that amount guaranteed.. I'm going to guess Berry has left himself a out in 2 years? Details of the deal, might come out over the weekend? Non the less.. Joke sits 750k ahead of TE Mark Andrews in 4th for now.. might be better paying now/ than waiting on a TE market increase hit of Kittle/Kelce & Andrews 💲.. good use of the franchise tag up till now

I haven't seen anything beyond this for the 26-30 year old Njoku.  From Spotrac :

Current Contract

David Njoku signed a 4 year, $56,750,000 contract with the Cleveland Browns, including $28,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $14,187,500. In 2022, Njoku will earn, while carrying a cap hit of .

CONTRACT TERMS:4 yr(s) / $56,750,000 SIGNING BONUS- AVERAGE SALARY$14,187,500 GTD AT SIGN:- TOTAL GTD:$28,000,000 FREE AGENT:2026 / UFA
  BONUS BREAKDOWN CAP DETAILS CASH DETAILS

• Upvote 1