THE BROWNS BOARD

Assault rifle or not?

https://www.nssf.org/msr/

So I'm not starting another gun control thread just wanted to point out the actual differences and clear up a few misunderstandings. Reason being is that too many people are using those misunderstandings as a basis of their complained about a certain type of weapon. Just information. That's all.

(for example  AR does not stand for assault rifle)

WSS

• Upvote 1

it *doesn't* matter, the left uses words emotionally, ascribes definitions to words that fit their agenda.

It's such a corrupt mentality.

the radicals are just lashing out politically to see if any false narrative will make a difference.

"9mm pistol", "all semi-automatics", AR-15s, .....

what invasion force would use a AR-15 (SEMI) in .22 caliber to storm a beach and start a war?

"The type of gun used in most US homicides is not an AR-15 - ABC News" https://abcnews.go.com/US/type-gun-us-homicides-ar-15/story?id=78689504

Of course everybody knows that. Unfortunately people, especially Biden voters, are stupid. They will pass anti AR-15 legislation. Which will have absolutely nothing to do with the problem such as it is. But they will feel like they've accomplished something.

WSS

8 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Actually you just proved a point. It IS an assault rifle despite all denials in above posts.

If it’s sitting in my gun safe then it’s just a rifle. 

• Haha 1

On 6/4/2022 at 12:10 PM, Westside Steve said:

https://www.nssf.org/msr/

So I'm not starting another gun control thread just wanted to point out the actual differences and clear up a few misunderstandings. Reason being is that too many people are using those misunderstandings as a basis of their complained about a certain type of weapon. Just information. That's all.

(for example  AR does not stand for assault rifle)

WSS

After reading that article I know what it must feel like to be a stupid liberal.

26 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Actually you just proved a point. It IS an assault rifle despite all denials in above posts.

You just proved a point that you are an idiot liberal.

The video demonstrates that there is really no such thing as an assault rifle.  Essentially anything can be used to assault.

• Thanks 3

On 6/6/2022 at 7:36 AM, DieHardBrownsFan1 said:

May be an image of drink and text that says 'IN 1978 JIM JONES USED THIS TO KILL 909 PEOPLE SICK AND VIOLENT PEOPLE DON'T NEED A GUN'

Yup... As Donald Trump said...  "I love the poorly educated". You guys are proving it.  The amount of deflection here defending your precious paramilitary assault weapons is positively mind blowing.  Knives kill people, baseball bats have been used to kill people... The guy in the video beat me to it with golf clubs.  Shit, people have been killed when trees fell on them... Cut down those pesky trees, they're dangerous. Electricity can be dangerous. 

Here's the bottom line DHB... the old saying "don't bring a knife to a gun fight".  I may be wrong, but I believe there's a Arabic saying- death has 1,000 doors. There's probably more ways than that if you're intent on killing someone.  However, it's one hell of a lot easier to kill a lot of people in a hurry using a semi automatic rifle with a high capacity magazine, than it is with a golf club. :D :D :D    That's the issue you guys are having a hard time dealing with.   

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

The liberal minds don’t see things that way.

The problem is too many idiot gun owners don't see it that way either.  I'm not about to try and hazard a guess about the percentage of responsible gun owners compared to the total number of the populace that happen to own guns.  Yes, America is #1 in the world.. in per capita gun homicides.   

10 minutes ago, hoorta said:

However, it's one hell of a lot easier to kill a lot of people in a hurry using a semi automatic rifle with a high capacity magazine, than it is with a golf club. :D :D :D    That's the issue you guys are having a hard time dealing with.   

Yep, put one good shooter on one side of a classroom with an AR-15 and a 20 round mag of .223 military ammo against 10 big guys on the other side with 2 golf clubs each (20 rounds-get it?). Wanna guess who comes out of that match-up walking? And the golfers can hide under the desks if they like. Makes no difference to a real AR-15, not a .22LR knockoff.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, hoorta said:

The problem is too many idiot gun owners don't see it that way either.  I'm not about to try and hazard a guess about the percentage of responsible gun owners compared to the total number of the populace that happen to own guns.  Yes, America is #1 in the world.. in per capita gun homicides.   

Have you ever looked at what demographic and regions in the US that have the highest incidents of gun violence?

No you didn't, because it would be politically incorrect for you flaming liberals to do so.

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, Gorka said:

You just proved a point that you are an idiot liberal.

The video demonstrates that there is really no such thing as an assault rifle.  Essentially anything can be used to assault.

That wasn't cool calling TexasAG names! Are we allowed to do that?

And go Browns!

• Haha 1

Yes, it's an assault rifle. Same platform, same ammo, same muzzle velocity, same high capacity magazines. The only difference is no fun switch.  And no, you don't need a bump stock or full auto switch to rapid fire an AR, just the right technique. NOBODY needs an AR-15. Shotguns and handguns are perfect home and self defense.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Neo said:

Yes, it's an assault rifle. Same platform, same ammo, same muzzle velocity, same high capacity magazines. The only difference is no fun switch.  And no, you don't need a bump stock or full auto switch to rapid fire an AR, just the right technique. NOBODY needs an AR-15. Shotguns and handguns are perfect home and self defense.

So just for the record you are on board with outlawing every semi-automatic weapon? You realize that leaves basically only revolvers and single shot rifles correct?

Anyone else?

WSS

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

So just for the record you are on board with outlawing every semi-automatic weapon? You realize that leaves basically only revolvers and single shot rifles correct?

Anyone else?

WSS

That isn't what he said. Try again. He specifically says, "Same platform, same ammo, same muzzle velocity, same high capacity magazines." Translation for the intentionally deaf. AR-15 semiautomatic that is the same as the M-16 without a full automatic switch. He is not talking about cal's intentional disingenuous confusion with .22LR semi-autos. He is talking about military grade weapons/ammo just as I have been all along.

6 hours ago, FY56 said:

That wasn't cool calling TexasAG names! Are we allowed to do that?

And go Browns!

Just put him on ignore. Works for me. He has nothing a value to contribute anyway regardless of the topic.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

That isn't what he said. Try again. He specifically says, "Same platform, same ammo, same muzzle velocity, same high capacity magazines." Translation for the intentionally deaf. AR-15 semiautomatic that is the same as the M-16 without a full automatic switch. He is not talking about cal's intentional disingenuous confusion with .22LR semi-autos. He is talking about military grade weapons/ammo just as I have been all along.

Just put him on ignore. Works for me. He has nothing a value to contribute anyway regardless of the topic.

Thanks for the bullshit tex. I realize how much you guys need to pretend that an AR-15 causes much trouble in America. Disingenuous? Hypocritical? Sure. You might try just admitting you're a liberal rather than pretending otherwise. It really doesn't matter. And it wouldn't make anybody like you more or less. Well except maybe your p.m. cabal. As far as putting Gorka new login on ignore I'm sure he's crushed.

WSS

3 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Thanks for the bullshit tex. I realize how much you guys need to pretend that an AR-15 causes much trouble in America. Disingenuous? Hypocritical? Sure. You might try just admitting you're a liberal rather than pretending otherwise. It really doesn't matter. And it wouldn't make anybody like you more or less. Well except maybe your p.m. cabal. As far as putting Gorka new login on ignore I'm sure he's crushed.

WSS

I was just making your statement more accurate as to what he said. Somehow you keep reading stuff in that isn't there, but that's par for the course over here in trumpty-dumpty land.

5 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

WSS

Steve, you're ignoring that an AR-15 (and it's cousins) are the weapon of choice in mass shootings. Are those a small percentage of total gun violence deaths?  Absolutely. I'm not about to look up the numbers, but I'd bet the vast majority of gun homicides in the United States are caused by handguns.  The daily dose of one or two murders usually won't even be deemed newsworthy. So as to your strawman argument about banning all semi automatic weapons.... Ahem, all handguns that aren't revolvers are essentially semi automatic weapons. Come to think of it, even a revolver is, but you're out of ammo after six shots.  :D   I don't think anyone is suggesting banning those. 

What I'm suggesting (as are a lot of other folks) you can start by limiting the production and sale of large capacity magazines. 30 in Ohio? Going once- 20,  sold to Vermont where the limit is 10. No one needs a 100 round drum magazine. But wannabe Rambos sure want one.  

And to the 2nd Amendment gun crowd, it's not going to be the end of the world if the sale of paramilitary weapons gets stopped. I'm certain you already have as many as you deem necessary to defend your castle.