THE BROWNS BOARD

Way tougher gun control is an answer? Like Israel's TOUGH gun control?

calfoxwc

bad, dangerous people will always find a tool to help them act out in violence.

car, rope, fuel, fertilizer, knives, whatever.

Suppose some kid cuts down a big tree onto a school bus?

ban the chainsaw?

It's too bad the left doesn't really care about the serious issue of these shootings.

The left is the enemy of legitimate, constructive solutions.

They pretended to "care" about the inner city poverty.

still there in the cities.

Look at Israel's gun control.

It doesn't..........stop..........the...........attacks.

https://blogs.timesofisrael.com/israels-gun-control-is-a-disaster-heres-why/

Israel’s Gun Control Is a Disaster. Here’s Why

So, to revisit - I posted this last Sunday. Today is Thurs.

Predictably, the "WE HAVE TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THESE GUN MASS MURDERS" don't really give a damn

about "doing something" about it at all.

This idea has serious merit - especially for all of us who served in the military, and grew up/saw other people grow up while becoming a military person. A few years ago, we went fishing, got to the lake, unstrapped our boat, and when I went to pull around to the dock...the truck would not start - the starter completely went out on the truck.

Not good. but a local farmer was there, and called for parts, drove me to the auto parts store, and another guy came up, and we had a serious time replacing the old starter. The old one only came off at a perfect angle and twist. He said he used to be a complete loser when he was young, violence, gangs - but he enlisted in the Marines, and he solemnly told me that he would have been in prison or dead if he hadn't enlisted. He said the Marines saved his life. Worked with me for an hr and a half to fix the truck - finally had to jack up the engine about and 1/8 of an inch so the old starter would clear.

He said he'd been helped bigtime in his life - and don't think to repay him somehow, just pass it on when someone else needs help.

I said I would.

So, why not?

Require all kids to complete successfully 2 years of military service, they can pick the branch, right out of high school.

They would then get 2 years of college paid for.

Kids growing up and not being cornered by their own twisted mental states to act out in violence?

That would really help stop these violent murders.

Or, do the 2nd Amendment haters have no genuine desire to "DOING SOMETHING" ?

2 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

So, to revisit - I posted this last Sunday. Today is Thurs.

Predictably, the "WE HAVE TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THESE GUN MASS MURDERS" don't really give a damn

about "doing something" about it at all.

This idea has serious merit - especially for all of us who served in the military, and grew up/saw other people grow up while becoming a military person. A few years ago, we went fishing, got to the lake, unstrapped our boat, and when I went to pull around to the dock...the truck would not start - the starter completely went out on the truck.

Not good. but a local farmer was there, and called for parts, drove me to the auto parts store, and another guy came up, and we had a serious time replacing the old starter. The old one only came off at a perfect angle and twist. He said he used to be a complete loser when he was young, violence, gangs - but he enlisted in the Marines, and he solemnly told me that he would have been in prison or dead if he hadn't enlisted. He said the Marines saved his life. Worked with me for an hr and a half to fix the truck - finally had to jack up the engine about and 1/8 of an inch so the old starter would clear.

He said he'd been helped bigtime in his life - and don't think to repay him somehow, just pass it on when someone else needs help.

I said I would.

So, why not?

Require all kids to complete successfully 2 years of military service, they can pick the branch, right out of high school.

They would then get 2 years of college paid for.

Kids growing up and not being cornered by their own twisted mental states to act out in violence?

That would really help stop these violent murders.

Or, do the 2nd Amendment haters have no genuine desire to "DOING SOMETHING" ?

I was a Master at Arms in the Navy, equivalent to Military police.   Believe me, we had plenty of trouble makers.  Murders, rapes, thieves, etc.  Taking in gang members and criminals isn't the answer.  Most will just continue to do the same in the military.  

5 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan1 said:

I was a Master at Arms in the Navy, equivalent to Military police.   Believe me, we had plenty of trouble makers.  Murders, rapes, thieves, etc.  Taking in gang members and criminals isn't the answer.  Most will just continue to do the same in the military.  

oh, some will. There are those who are just losers even in the military. A lot of them would get a chance at getting out of bad situations - the street, no job, crime, etc.

But sure, that is why I qualified it with "successfully". It would help millions of young people.

7 hours ago, Browns149 said:

What if the don’t “successfully” complete the service?

well, there will be some of those - sure - I saw some amazing changes in guys for the better, they changed their lives around.

The ones who don't have a successful two years? General discharge - "failure to adapt to military service" whatever it was called. Then they should be red flagged and get some voluntary counseling, maybe. It isn't that tough to self-actualize in the service - if that is needed for young people to find themselves, and learn to adhere to discipline, and to find out what they want to be.

However, it is less popular in Israel - the two years of service. Perhaps just open the door to enlisting for only two years.

I think it would go a long, long way to giving millions of young people a new sense of honor about themselves. And training in various jobs/trades. An open door out of poverty that doesn't take 4 years.

18 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan1 said:

I like in the old movies the judges telling the young punks " OK what do you want go to jail or the service? Oh its the service, they will straighten you out".

Reality now...... what 1 in 10 or maybe 1 in 5, 1 in 3 straightened up and fly right ?  The rest are just punks forever I guess.

25 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

I like in the old movies the judges telling the young punks " OK what do you want go to jail or the service? Oh its the service, they will straighten you out".

Reality now...... what 1 in 10 or maybe 1 in 5, 1 in 3 straightened up and fly right ?  The rest are just punks forever I guess.

No doubt there are some f*****-up kids that go onto being f***** up adults. I would guess often people that are f***** up are worse because kids are more likely to be f***** up. People do grow out of adolescent shitty Behavior. Some don't. But I'd imagine a couple of years in the army could go a long way.

WSS

3 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan1 said:

My experience was that a bad kid at 18 will not change because he goes thru 13 weeks of boot camp.  Once he gets into the real military and hooks up with the fuck ups who hate the service, he will get back into his street habits. 

That does happen, sure, but my experience is, I've known guys who came from really bad backgrounds, who worked hard to change their lives around. I'm waiting for Woody to chime in on what he...feels about it. You know, he insists we "have to DO SOMETHING" because he cares so much....

2 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

That does happen, sure, but my experience is, I've known guys who came from really bad backgrounds, who worked hard to change their lives around. I'm waiting for Woody to chime in on what he...feels about it. You know, he insists we "have to DO SOMETHING" because he cares so much....

I was in for 22 years Cal.  That's why the services have strict back ground checks on this.  Now if the kid has a clean record no problem.  If he's a punk, he's not eligible.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan1 said:

I was in for 22 years Cal.  That's why the services have strict back ground checks on this.  Now if the kid has a clean record no problem.  If he's a punk, he's not eligible.

yep. Thank you for your 22 years. My knee would never have made it another four, so....

1 hour ago, Axe said:

286079552_10224420091662940_161464176525

he really said that, too. so much controversial political fake posturing since biden and the dems dominate our gov.

It's tearing America apart.

well, I'm still waiting to find out what woody ...feels about this idea.

He's all about "having to DO SOMETHING", you'd think he would finally have an opinion, instead of just

attacking other's opinions.

we'll see.

8 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

He's all about "having to DO SOMETHING", you'd think he would finally have an opinion, instead of just

we'll see.

SO, WOODY - what do you think about starting a requirement/draft, for all able-bodied kids who turn 18 and have graduated from high school? It would help kids self-actualize...and grow up, and they get 2 years of college paid for, they don't have to be hopeless and anti-social, murderers?

Wouldn't that help millions of kids who just seem lost and don't have a direction?

wouldn't give some kids who might otherwise go violent in frustration and develop emotional ills? give even the worst kids a hope for the future?

What do you think about that idea? That would surely LOWER the violent shootings and other crimes by those relatively few who have nothing to lose they think?

Sep 18, 2021Military service age and obligation: 18 years of age for compulsory (Jews, Druze) military service; 17 years of age for voluntary (Christians, Muslims, Circassians) military service; both sexes are obligated to military service; conscript service obligation - 32 months for enlisted men and about 24 months for enlisted women (varies based on military occupation), 48 months for officers; pilots ..

just as I said.

they don't really give a damn about children being murdered. They just want a political "look at me, in your face" advantage, so they harp and harp about "DOING SOMETHING".

not one word. Says volumes about their ulterior motives.

On 6/16/2022 at 12:59 AM, calfoxwc said:

we'll see.

I think it’s sweet that you’re so anxious for Woody’s opinion on this. You big softie.

well, I would like to read his honest opinion about

SOME/ANY SUBJECT.

How about you? an honest opinion about this subject?

but you aren't as all in on "WE HAVE TO DO SOMETHING" as woody, so....

woody has nearly always bitched and smarted off to other people who DO

have opinions.

that's his safe place.

but he rarely if ever has an open, honest opinion about anything, apparently he knows

why and what he does, and doesn't want it done back to him.

But typical liberal to break into the thread with nonsense twice. That is real typical sniggly of ya.

so, hoorta and woody don't really give a damn about kids being murdered.

pretty evident it won't change anytime soon. they just attack to try to feed their

warped, two-faced egos. Apparently it was worth trying, only to show them for what they are.

6 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

well, I would like to read his honest opinion about

SOME/ANY SUBJECT.

How about you? an honest opinion about this subject?

but you aren't as all in on "WE HAVE TO DO SOMETHING" as woody, so....

woody has nearly always bitched and smarted off to other people who DO

have opinions.

that's his safe place.

but he rarely if ever has an open, honest opinion about anything, apparently he knows

why and what he does, and doesn't want it done back to him.

But typical liberal to break into the thread with nonsense twice. That is real typical sniggly of ya.

For my money we had a great discussion on this just a couple weeks ago. I’ll post a link.

I actually thought some great points were shared and some common ground was found. I don’t often use the word “enlightening” on what goes on here, but that thread got close. I’ll at least call it a worthwhile read.

Woody shared some ideas. Most everyone did. But if you want more of Woody’s opinion, maybe try being a little more seductive about it. This whole impatient “I’m waiting for Woody” routine, it makes you look desperate. You gotta play it cool man, like you don’t give a shit what Woody thinks. Maybe tease him a little bit. Maybe you want his opinion, maybe you don’t. Try that and lemme know how it goes.

12 minutes ago, Ibleedbrown said:

For my money we had a great discussion on this just a couple weeks ago. I’ll post a link.

I actually thought some great points were shared and some common ground was found. I don’t often use the word “enlightening” on what goes on here, but that thread got close. I’ll at least call it a worthwhile read.

Woody shared some ideas. Most everyone did. But if you want more of Woody’s opinion, maybe try being a little more seductive about it. This whole impatient “I’m waiting for Woody” routine, it makes you look desperate. You gotta play it cool man, like you don’t give a shit what Woody thinks. Maybe tease him a little bit. Maybe you want his opinion, maybe you don’t. Try that and lemme know how it goes.

He's not trying to date him.  

• Haha 1

ibb, you take your own advice. I'm just having fun pointing out the consistent hypocrisy.

Here's a common herb, btw, for you and hoorta, tex and woody:

DANDELION: This is one of the top herbs for constipation because it is a mild laxative that is nonirritating. It is especially beneficial in the case of intestinal atony. Its laxative properties, along with its detoxifying effect, make this plant a good remedy for eczema, rashes, pimples, and cellulitis, which are all caused by internal toxicity due to constipation.