THE BROWNS BOARD

Why you NEED an AR-15

calfoxwc

1 minute ago, Vambo said:

Only the Young Shall Die, by Peter Polack and Jack McCain - EU Today

To be fair there is a big difference.  I went in the Army when I was 17.  I was still a kid.  I learned how to fire the M-16 in Basic Training at Ft. Knox, KY.  Then went to Infantry training at Ft. Polk, Louisiana..  There I learned a bunch of different weapons systems.  Before that, I had never touched a weapon, other than a BB gun.  I did learn to respect weapons and what they could do to you and weapon safety, etc.

Having a kid who has no training just go and buy a weapon and ammo is dangerous.  Perhaps a mandatory psych check, back ground check and weapons training before being allowed to purchase.  Also a waiting period.

1 hour ago, hammertime said:

You can mock me all you want.

I’m surprised your anti abortion but you should step back and look at the whole gun landscape.  Taking weapons away from responsible people is not going to save kids.  
The media has made a spectacle of these shootings for political reasons.  You can’t save the whole world.

I for one am a gun guy always have been taking guns away from responsible gun owners is a bad idea.

Keeping AR style guns, 30 round magazines and killer ammunition away from 13-19 year old untrained and irresponsible teenagers is necessary now.  When the median age of fatal school shootings is 16 it clearly shows us all where the problem is right now.

If a father or grandfather wants to take a responsible young kid out shooting I think it's a good thing.   I learned to shoot with my dad's old .22 single shot rifle when I was 11 years old.  We shot rifles at the Scout range but that was in the 1960s.

Responsible gun ownership is a good thing,  18 year olds buying an AR by themselves is not a good idea. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, hammertime said:

You can mock me all you want.

I’m surprised your anti abortion but you should step back and look at the whole gun landscape.  Taking weapons away from responsible people is not going to save kids.  
The media has made a spectacle of these shootings for political reasons.  You can’t save the whole world.

he mocks badly, especially in the late night, early morning hours. I think at least several of us know why.

"anti-abortion, but loves obaMao commie and biden - who are FOR unlimited abortion".

bs.

"doesn't support defund the police"....yet he abslutely VOTED FOR IT.

Most intelligent people vote for WHAT THEY BELIEVE IN.

who the heck votes against everything they believe in?

Regardless of their motivations, they betrayed America. I mean, LOOK at the damage being done.

As far as the 2nd Amendment goes - it will never be repealed. It's a stupid pipe dream.

Anyone who disagrees - the Prohibition didn't work at all. Know what would happen if?

The Founding Fathers put in the 2nd Amendment in there because of their EXPERIENCE in vicious tyranny.

9 mass murders, and the left wants to go after 180 MILLION ? gun owners.

That is stupid.

NOTE:

For everyone who is not a belligerent drunk in the middle of the night, let's talk about definitions of "semi-auto".

Bleating emotionally over the issue doesn't get anywhere except bs-ville.

A revolver is not a semi-auto gun. Looking up definitions online is so much easier, and drunken liberals don't do it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semi-automatic_firearm

Furthermore - there is a serious problem. The childish, political knee jerk reaction bleating about guns ignores the problem that is occurring these later years.

Something has changed. I believe some of it has a lot to do with social media. The kid who wanted to assassinate Justice Kavanaugh? "wanted to have a purpose". That doesn't mean the gun made him have a purpose - whatever tool he could use, he would use it. He also had a knife. It is NOT the tool used, it's the miswired hater individual who acts out.

Here is a very good article about a study done about these shootings:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/honor-bound/201802/school-shootings-are-they-truly-random

Seriously - I said it earlier - some kids, rarely, do not self-actualize normally, and some of them, rarely, act out in rage and serious horrific violence. I just was touching a bit of the whole entire problem - if guns did not exist, these rage acting out kids would still act out somehow. bombs, arson, swords, knives....

Identify and work on the cause, not the tool. that is short-sighted, and politically destructive, and wastes time.

and, per the asinine contention that our 2nd Amendment can simply be repealed -

it will never happen.

Never. That is the point of it happening in the first place.

A God-given, absolute RIGHT was put there to be permanent.

The principle of self-defense is permanent.

"prohibition" was just a bad law, like Roe vs Wade.

History says otherwise about our 1st and 2nd Amendment:

1970: Uganda; citizens disarmed - 300,000 Christians put to death. The ancient eastern martial arts are, almost without exception, the creations of people who were deprived of their weapons. Kung Fu, Karate, Judo, and so many more systems of self-defense were created by people desperate to defend their homes and families from tyrannical ...
First of all, our judicial system is broken by the fact that so many of these creeps are let out in the first place. Happens all the time. Fix the justice system and divvy out the appropriate punishment and some of this would stop. Maybe it's time to focus our attention on judges and get serious about removing the bad ones.
Here's a history of what happens after governments have disarmed their citizens: 1911 - Turkey disarmed it's citizens, and between 1915 - 1917 they murdered 1.5 million Armenians. 1929 - Russia disarmed it's citizens, and between 1929 - 1953 they murdered 20 million Russians. 1935 - China disarmed it's citizens, and between ...

I don't know of anyone personally on TBB that is for repealing the 2nd Ammendment  completely,  I'm not with that.

However I'm for some sensible gun ownership in this country.   I'm tired of these mass murder shootings every week and sometimes even nighy.

Responsible citizens must step forward and clean this insanity up.  Hundreds of school children should not be free targets for killers.  Same with citizens going about their daily lives.  Something must be done. 

Doing nothing is just irresponsible.   We need to pass and enforce responsible gun ownership laws. 

31 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

I for one am a gun guy always have been taking guns away from responsible gun owners is a bad idea.

Keeping AR style guns, 30 round magazines and killer ammunition away from 13-19 year old untrained and irresponsible teenagers is necessary now.  When the median age of fatal school shootings is 16 it clearly shows us all where the problem is right now.

If a father or grandfather wants to take a responsible young kid out shooting I think it's a good thing.   I learned to shoot with my dad's old .22 single shot rifle when I was 11 years old.  We shot rifles at the Scout range but that was in the 1960s.

Responsible gun ownership is a good thing,  18 year olds buying an AR by themselves is not a good idea. 

There goal is to take your guns.

Dont you see thru the crap?

how many AR -15’s did they recover on 1/6 ?

absolute rubbish.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, mjp28 said:

I don't know of anyone personally on TBB that is for repealing the 2nd Ammendment  completely,  I'm not with that.

However I'm for some sensible gun ownership in this country.   I'm tired of these mass murder shootings every week and sometimes even nighy.

Responsible citizens must step forward and clean this insanity up.  Hundreds of school children should not be free targets for killers.  Same with citizens going about their daily lives.  Something must be done. 

Doing nothing is just irresponsible.   We need to pass and enforce responsible gun ownership laws. 

I understand what you are saying - most of us are very concerned. But lawbreakers break laws. All those of us who do not break laws abide by the law.

It isn't the law that is a problem. It's the very small percentage of near adult kids who get enraged and violent, and act out against the innocent people in their school or church or ...anywhere.

More gun laws are no solution. The left wants it to be, because their uterior motive is to get a profoundly huge political win over the rest of Real America.

To fix the problem, don't apply band aids etc. Figure out WHY these miswired kids go haywire, and work to solve the cause.

But the left doesn't give a damn about innocent murdered people. They don't care about the deaths of millions ? of born and unborn children. But they are offended by the horrific deaths of gun crime? but not all the deaths by auto accidents?

Sorry, that doesn't work logically. It's a farce.

These murderers are already horrifically BREAKING the law as it is. Pass another law on the 150 ? 180 million gun owners? when only maybe 30 or 50 have gone on shooting ramapages?

Let's say 150 million gun owners, as an estimate. Let's say, 50 young people who go on murderous horrific rampages.

That is .0000337%. And who can be seriously thinking that passing laws against the 149, 950 million is going to have any kind of impact?

Come on. Those 50 will simply break the law. The key is identifying haters who threaten, harass, act out - on social media especially.

Just what I think.

• Upvote 2