THE BROWNS BOARD

Something huge

Thaak

I provided the link you dink... additionally, and presumably, the OBR is in the middle of the conference call with Mangini as we speak.

They also just posted up that the Browns may have interest in another OG, since they have like no depth (Corey Hilliard backing up both Steinbach and Womack) and the Jets just cut a practice squad OG from last year.

I provided the link you dink... additionally, and presumably, the OBR is in the middle of the conference call with Mangini as we speak.

They also just posted up that the Browns may have interest in another OG, since they have like no depth (Corey Hilliard backing up both Steinbach and Womack) and the Jets just cut a practice squad OG from last year.

Oh, ok... the OBR gets the inside scoop over every major news/sports media? Please. Just a ploy to get people to their site.

All it is is Mangini providing his list of cuts.

LOL, straight from the OBR itself, " Few Surprises Among Browns Roster Cuts: There were few surprises in the final announcement of the Browns roster."

Yep, that inside info was HUGE!!!

Glad I don't subscribe....

Fraley and Hadnot are both guard backups. They don't have a solid tackle backup. One injury and they have to move Steinbach to tackle and replace him which disrupts the whole OL. You don't want to be moving guys in and out with a rookie Center.

Note: Sorry, I forgot about Cory Hilliard, he does play tackle. As a matter of fact, he was in for Thomas against the Bears.

Oh, ok... the OBR gets the inside scoop over every major news/sports media? Please. Just a ploy to get people to their site.

I'm starting to think the same thing. This article just went up on OBR. No big news there. Patten, etc.

http://cle.scout.com/2/895681.html

Ok mister cynical... how is it a ploy to get people on their site, when the only way you'd have seen this particular nugget was if you were already a member of their site?

Or if someone like me posted that something was on their site...

The title of their insider blog post was... "Prepare yourselves - news coming..."

Ok mister cynical... how is it a ploy to get people on their site, when the only way you'd have seen this particular nugget was if you were already a member of their site?

Or if someone like me posted that something was on their site...

The title of their insider blog post was... "Prepare yourselves - news coming..."

OBR is worthless, IMO. Go ahead and pay for something that will be on the news 2 minutes later. Laughable.

Pressor a dud.

James Walker:

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post?id=2607

Mangini addresses Jamal Lewis rumors

September 5, 2009 7:43 PM

Posted by James Walker

CLEVELAND—Although Eric Mangini had nothing new to offer about his quarterback situation Saturday, the Browns head coach was able to publicly put an end to the speculation surrounding veteran running back Jamal Lewis.

There were rumors and reports circulating over the past 24 hours that Lewis would be released by the Browns. He turned 30 this summer and is coming off ankle surgery.

But based on the team’s roster and an offseason bonus paid to Lewis, cutting the team’s leading rusher in 2008 didn’t add up. Therefore, when the 6 p.m. cut deadline passed, Lewis was still on the roster as the Cleveland’s starting tailback entering the regular season.

"One thing that happens during any transitional time in the league is there’s always speculation," Mangini said. "I think Jamal has a lot to contribute, and I’m looking forward to seeing him as we go through the season."

Mangini added that Lewis' work ethic and ability to mentor younger running backs are two major pluses. Lewis has helped tutor rookie tailback James Davis, who put together a great preseason and is expected to team with Lewis as Cleveland’s primary rushers this year.

Ha! No worries, although Firefox is looking at me like I'm ridiculous right now.

Hey, I was clicking refresh right along with the rest of you trying to figure out what the hell the big news was. To find out it was essentially a cock tease is disappointing.

Seriously, WTF is wrong with Mangini? He is pussy-footing here. Seriously.

I don't think he's pussy footing at all. That would imply he's indecisive. Everything is for a reason. What makes you think he cares about what any media or fans think about his dissemination of information?

Hey, I was clicking refresh right along with the rest of you trying to figure out what the hell the big news was. To find out it was essentially a cock tease is disappointing.

No offense to Shep but this thread title sounds like somethng Shep would write to get more reads...creative, if you will. :)

OBR never said anything about "something huge". Really, you should have never posted that title.

Something huge may come, but not right at this minute.

Blow it out your ass, seriously. Some of you guys need to lighten up.

For those of you who had fun with this and are still having fun with it... glad you had fun with it.

I hate to say, "I told ya..." but .....well I told ya. ;)

OBR would never get an "inside scoop" over the big boys on the major networks. Thread starter was sucked right in.....

OBR has gotten plenty of scoops.

And all I have to say to you is... So what? So what you decided it wasn't a big deal...

Sometimes I don't get people.

Archived