THE BROWNS BOARD

The Grift That Keeps On Grifting

MLD Woody

7 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

I f***** up and sent 25 bucks to Tim Scott in Georgia and now I am absolutely inundated spam text messages. Trump's birthday was the subject of a few of them and just yesterday they were whining because I forgot it. No way to block these f****** either unless there's some other program I'm not aware of. Just for the record I sent money to a Democrat a long long time ago and I get just about the same s*** from them.

WSS

A couple months ago a mailed a $20 bill to the National Arbor Day Foundation. Just a wadded up bill in the envelope they provided. A couple weeks later they mailed me a tree. Like a sapling, literally in my usps mailbox.

Who tf just mails someone a tree? What, because l like trees you think l got this big ass yard just waiting for me to plant trees? No man. I sent you money so that you could plant trees, not me.

So that sapling sat around for a couple weeks until l finally ran out of gumption on where l could plant the thing and l threw it away. So sending money to the National Arbor Day Foundation resulted in me killing a tree.

Sometimes the unintended consequences of throwing a bone to someone are the damndest things.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

The way you guys talk about him, I'm surprised you didn't say he sent it to Universal Studios.🐦🤗

Too conservative.

But unlike some Trump haters I don't think he's a hypocrite. He stated that he doesn't like Biden and from what I could gather the reasons are the Biden is too old and not as forthcoming with the free s*** is he would like to see.

WSS 

20 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Too conservative.

But unlike some Trump haters I don't think he's a hypocrite. He stated that he doesn't like Biden and from what I could gather the reasons are the Biden is too old and not as forthcoming with the free s*** is he would like to see.

WSS 

that is what he says, it's just denying responsibility. He voted to elect biden, regardless of voting hopeless "independent".

Cal, I don't think so. I think he's been pretty straight As to his political views. He admitted he was a Bernie Sanders supporter and that tells the tale. In my opinion that's more respectable than the blind hate from some of the other posters. And that really goes both ways at times.

WSS

But back to the original post yes indeed politicians of every Stripe have some ridiculously Annoying Ways to cadge money from supporters.

One of the ones that annoyed me the most was x amount of money would get me a hand signed document from president Trump. One would guess that at some point and actual Donald J Trump signature would increase in value. If it were real.

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

Cal, I don't think so. I think he's been pretty straight As to his political views. He admitted he was a Bernie Sanders supporter and that tells the tale. In my opinion that's more respectable than the blind hate from some of the other posters. And that really goes both ways at times.

WSS

But back to the original post yes indeed politicians of every Stripe have some ridiculously Annoying Ways to cadge money from supporters.

One of the ones that annoyed me the most was x amount of money would get me a hand signed document from president Trump. One would guess that at some point and actual Donald J Trump signature would increase in value. If it were real.

It's true - we have gotten many of those - they go into spam, which I delete often. Who knows if any of them are legit. "Pres Trump wants to have lunch with YOU", "pres Trump has a GIFT for you"...

baloney.

@Westside Steve well thanks Steve. I appreciate you saying I'm not a hypocrite. We disagree on a lot of things, but at least you don't think I'm disingenuous. Some of the others on here I disagree with, I know they think I feel that way just to annoy them, or because I'm brainwashed, or whatever. 

Yes, you call it "free shit", but one of my biggest gripes with Biden is that nothing has really changed. No major improvements going through. But, that's what I expected. I voted for that over the other option, which I believe would have just continued to make things worse. 

I truly believe our best, most impactful choice was Bernie years ago. And the DNC conspired to stop him. It's a damn shame. 

My only political donation was Andrew Yang because I wanted a beanie that said MATH (make America think harder) on it. Got spammed afterwards and had to go through the process to unsubscribe. 

27 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

I voted for that over the other option, which I believe would have just continued to make things worse. 

I truly believe our best, most impactful choice was Bernie years ago. And the DNC conspired to stop him. It's a damn shame. 

so, woody, that is what you thought? ok. what do you think now? our economy was booming under Pres Trump, NK did not launch any missiles, russia NEVER dared invade the Ukraine and rape, torture, and mass murder innocent men, women and children, gas prices were LOW because we were ENERGY INDEPENDENT, our Supreme Court Justices were SAFE, our borders were SECURE, stock markets were BOOMING, our police and border patrol agents were RESPECTED AND SUPPORTED...etc etc.

So, you admit you were wrong about what got you to vote the way you did?

Berner Sanders was just a dangerous utopian crank loser. His whole life. He would never have been

accomplished enough to run an apartment building. Seriously, woody.

https://newrepublic.com/article/122005/he-was-presidential-candidate-bernie-sanders-was-radical