THE BROWNS BOARD

Haslams Eyeing New Domed Stadium for Browns

Dutch Oven

Things to consider.

If it is in the 40's it would be closed. Probably the 50's

If it is in the 80's it would be closed.

The NFL is in charge of the retractable roofs.  It isn't a decision made by the home team. The decision is usually made before gameday. I don't think the NFL allows the roof to move once the game starts. 

4 hours ago, ballpeen said:

Things to consider.

The NFL is in charge of the retractable roofs.  It isn't a decision made by the home team. The decision is usually made before gameday. I don't think the NFL allows the roof to move once the game starts. 

This is completely stupid... Home teams should have autonomy in this decision.. No one knows the weather better than the people living in it...

6 hours ago, ballpeen said:

Things to consider.

That may be true the NFL.inc likes to run and control everything it can.    (I'll try and find that out for sure.) 

Maybe because of camera serups, whatever. 

I will amend my comment about home teams.  They do have some control over the matter along with the NFL.  Exactly how that works i don't know.  I am sure there are some parameters involved.

As an example I don't think a team could decide the night before in a snow storm they were going to play with a open roof, giving them some sort of advantage becuse the other team didn't pack all of the cold weather gear needs to play outdoors.

• Upvote 1