THE BROWNS BOARD

Direct TV Free NFL Sunday Ticket Max

TexasAg1969

Got an email notice today that they are giving me this all free for the season because of being a long term Direct TV customer.

Just wondering if anyone else got this email too. It says I don't have to do anything but just tune in to those channels. It will be all set to go.

No charge and no commitment of any other kind as the price to take it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Orion said:

Poopys!!  Just checked my email.  Nothing.  But they've given it to me for free for the last 2 years for the same reason.

Well hopefully this becomes an annual thing for me as well.

On 6/23/2022 at 10:48 PM, TexasAg1969 said:

Well hopefully this becomes an annual thing for me as well.

No email for me either... But I'll bet you'll get for free if you call and ask.  :)  

As I've been saying, this is the last year for Sunday Ticket on Direct.... And they're not going to be able to afford the NFL's $2 billion a year asking price- plenty of other streaming services can however.  Could we see a bidding war between Apple, Amazon, and Disney?  Stay tuned... According to the article, Direct may even try to sublet the service from the eventual winner. MHO is no Sunday Ticket on Direct, they're dead in the water. No reason for me- or anyone else paying $160 a month for basic satellite service. Interesting that with their deals with CBS and FOX, the NFL won't let the winning bidder use Sunday Ticket as a loss leader... Money grubbing bastards.  :(  

FWIW...  https://awfulannouncing.com/nfl/amazon-apple-disney-have-reportedly-all-submitted-bids-for-nfl-sunday-ticket-while-directv-may-strike-a-deal-with-the-winner.html

I had a nice 8-10 year run with Free Ticket. I’d have to negotiate it each year and go through their retention department.  After AT&T took over they were stingy and so I stream now and get all the games and the feed is good. 

If they are offering take it but I’ll share the streaming service I go through if it doesn’t work out just send me a message 

• Upvote 2

I was going to start a thread before the season on how to watch games from home if you are out of market. I have never missed a game since moving to Florida and that is without having Sunday Ticket. I also listen to each game on Browns radio.

I'll put something together during camp.

• Thanks 3

16 minutes ago, syd said:

i just threated to cancel and get it for free

Hey syd what's new pal ?  How's ATOM doing ?  :lol:

Can't wait for the camps and preseason football    🏈   to start !  It's been a loooong offseason this year.

Just now, mjp28 said:

Can't wait for the camps and preseason football    🏈   to start !  It's been a loooong offseason this year.

ya especially when are baseball teams suck as for atom i dunno havnt talked to him for awhile 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, syd said:

ya especially when are baseball teams suck as for atom i dunno havnt talked to him for awhile 

I've enjoyed watching the very young Guardians, they're playing some good baseball this year.

Meanwhile I'm so tired of the daily DW drumbeat this year......can't wait for the August 4 HOF football game this year. 

GO BROWNS  !

1 minute ago, mjp28 said:

I've enjoyed watching the very young Guardians this year,   they're playing some good baseball this year.

Meanwhile I'm so tired of the daily DW drumbeat this year......can't wait for the August 4 HOF football game this year. 

GO BROWNS  !

o.k then just the reds suck lol,as far as DW i am sick of the whole thing and wonder if and who they will bring in if DW gets a year

On 6/26/2022 at 11:40 AM, mjp28 said:

ATOM is not gonna like that Syd stole ATOM's avatar....that ATOM stole from Syd...

...and I wish they'd take those stupid leaves off of our avatars.  It covers my whole telescope...which ruins the whole avatar.   I'm taking it to the Supreme Court.  On second thought...I'd better not...they'll probably ban the Internet.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...

Glad it works out for you guys.

I haven't done the Direct deal because i would only use it for about half the season since I have season tickets.  I also have a sports bar close enough that shows the games.  I enjoy going there to be with a group of people i have gotten to know over the past 20 years.

I suspect that in another 4-5 years when I will probably dump my tickets, games will be able to be purchased on a straight pay per view basis.  At least that is the hope.  I don't care about getting every NFL game if I want.  I just care about Browns games.  I may have bandwagon, passing interest in the falcons and Titans because I live between both of those markets, so I can watch either of those games on a weekly basis if I wish.  Other than the Browns, i don't really care all that much.  I prefer SEC college football.  I can watch that all day on Saturday.  Maybe not so much Vandy, but I can watch all of the teams and come up with some rooting interest.

6 hours ago, ballpeen said:

I don't care about getting every NFL game if I want.  I just care about Browns games. 

That's the camp I'm in.  Up until recently, I'd watch a Browns game and be so disgusted and depressed I wouldn't watch any more football.  

18 hours ago, Orion said:

That's the camp I'm in.  Up until recently, I'd watch a Browns game and be so disgusted and depressed I wouldn't watch any more football.  

I have pretty much always been that way with pro football.  My team is the Browns. I don't have a strong enough rooting interest to spend much time watching other teams. Like I said, I have a passing interest in the Falcons and Titans because I live about 100 miles from each of Nashville and Atlanta.If they are doing well, I jump on the wagon.  Both games get TV air time, coverage on the local sports telecast, and coverage in the newspaper. As a young guy I liked the Raiders of the AFL, but once the leagues merged, that slowly faded away.  The SEC is a different deal.  I can sit and watch Auburn v Miss St. or some other random game. I can always find some reason to root for one over the other, and it can change year to year.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Orion said:

I know that since I stopped playing fantasy football, watching non-Browns games has become less of an interest for me, unless it is a AFC North game. 

• Thanks 1

Just FYI, and YMMV of course. 

I called Directv last year because my new house genuinely doesn't allow Directv in our neighborhood. I read online if that's the case you can get the streaming service and not have to get directv. When I called and said as much, they instantly said "no problem, let's make an account to get you on the streaming service". I asked if they needed my address or any info to verify and they said no. There's that website that you can use to 'check' if you qualify for the streaming plan (and again, not having to buy directv as a TV service) and it almost always says you don't qualify. I'd give calling a shot if you're in that boat.

On 6/25/2022 at 3:16 PM, SdBacker80 said:

I had a nice 8-10 year run with Free Ticket. I’d have to negotiate it each year and go through their retention department.  After AT&T took over they were stingy and so I stream now and get all the games and the feed is good. 

If they are offering take it but I’ll share the streaming service I go through if it doesn’t work out just send me a message 

We had the same experience when AT&T took over.  Any streaming advice you can offer up will be greatly appreciated.  

On 7/30/2022 at 4:16 PM, Flugel said:

We had the same experience when AT&T took over.  Any streaming advice you can offer up will be greatly appreciated.  

Well, there is a workaround, but I don't love (or trust LOL!!) you guys enough to let you use it.  It would only work 1\2 the time anyway.  (when the Browns aren't on my local OTA channels) With a username and password, you can log onto any device, anywhere- and stream Sunday Ticket on your account.