THE BROWNS BOARD

How to virtually end abortion

Across America the polls are fairly similar. People by and large believe abortion should be legal with restrictions. Fair enough.

Some people, no names, say they are on board with that school of thought but won't really draw a line on any actual restrictions.

Methods that would significantly reduce abortion if anyone cares and not just regurgitating their party line.

First of all use birth control properly . Yes I realize nobody wants to . (And pretending that properly used birth control will fail one out of a hundred or a thousand times is very similar to not wearing your seatbelt because, hey, I might get thrown clear of the accident.)

The IUD is very effective and reversible. Used in conjunction with another form of birth control should be virtually 100%.

And:

DNA tests for everyone. Strict Financial requirements for the father. And I do mean strict. That eliminates the female, ater experiencing buyer's remorse, claiming rape to get an abortion. She would have to testify that the guy she liked well enough to bang forcibly raped her and he would go to prison. (Unfortunately I bet there are more women like that that we would hope)

As we speak the morning after pill is available for women 17 and up sold over the counter. Under-17 you need a prescription. (Even if you are a Young future Democrat voter No Doubt your friend could get the over-the-counter pill.) That also covers the buyer's remorse months down the line.

And now for the list of facetious reasons not to make any restrictions whatsoever 3, 2, 1

WSS

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

Across America the polls are fairly similar. People by and large believe abortion should be legal with restrictions. Fair enough.

Some people, no names, say they are on board with that school of thought but won't really draw a line on any actual restrictions.

Methods that would significantly reduce abortion if anyone cares and not just regurgitating their party line.

First of all use birth control properly . Yes I realize nobody wants to . (And pretending that properly used birth control will fail one out of a hundred or a thousand times is very similar to not wearing your seatbelt because, hey, I might get thrown clear of the accident.)

The IUD is very effective and reversible. Used in conjunction with another form of birth control should be virtually 100%.

And:

DNA tests for everyone. Strict Financial requirements for the father. And I do mean strict. That eliminates the female, ater experiencing buyer's remorse, claiming rape to get an abortion. She would have to testify that the guy she liked well enough to bang forcibly raped her and he would go to prison. (Unfortunately I bet there are more women like that that we would hope)

As we speak the morning after pill is available for women 17 and up sold over the counter. Under-17 you need a prescription. (Even if you are a Young future Democrat voter No Doubt your friend could get the over-the-counter pill.) That also covers the buyer's remorse months down the line.

And now for the list of facetious reasons not to make any restrictions whatsoever 3, 2, 1

WSS

Woody could go to the drug store and buy one for the under 17 crowd.🤣

• Haha 1

"that poll says the majority of people think something I disagree with. That poll is a lie!"

Brilliant

I expect nothing less. This crowd has lost the ability to take in new information decades ago and it shows

As for you Steve, not worth any discussion of your primary leading thought is that any female that considers an abortion is just a whore. Your old school and outdated ideals don't fit in thos space in the slightest and you probably shouldn't have much input at all. 

Not to mention plenty of right wingers are against access to birth control, morning after pills, etc

You may also want to read up on the actual effectiveness of various forms of birth control instead of just making up numbers that you think seem right in your head

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

Not to mention plenty of right wingers are against access to birth control, morning after pills, etc

You may also want to read up on the actual effectiveness of various forms of birth control instead of just making up numbers that you think seem right in your head

restraint and NOT having sex works 100%. Responsibility is what is missing. And married couples? go on the pill, just don't rely on abortion. That is part of the serious problem in all this - the convenient way out of being responsible for one's own actions.

"that poll says the majority of people think something I disagree with. That poll is a lie!"

Brilliant

I expect nothing less. This crowd has lost the ability to take in new information decades ago and it shows

As for you Steve, not worth any discussion of your primary leading thought is that any female that considers an abortion is just a whore. Your old school and outdated ideals don't fit in thos space in the slightest and you probably shouldn't have much input at all. 

Hey Woody I've heard it before. You are outraged whenever anybody suggest people take the slightest bit of precaution.

As I see it that's one of the worst things about the left. It's always somebody else's fault.

WSS

4 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Hey Woody I've heard it before. You are outraged whenever anybody suggest people take the slightest bit of precaution.

As I see it that's one of the worst things about the left. It's always somebody else's fault.

WSS

That's not at all what I've said or what I've advocated. Not only do you not read/comprehend my posts but you ignore reality too. 

49 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

The reality the rabid anti choice folks on here have towards abortion and what actual reality is are too very different things. If you haven't picked that up after decades nothing is going to change in your final years. 

What happened to "Safe, Legal and Rare" ?

10 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan1 said:

Woody could go to the drug store and buy one for the under 17 crowd.🤣

Woody would get an Rx for YAZ for his own use...

10 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

That's not at all what I've said or what I've advocated. Not only do you not read/comprehend my posts but you ignore reality too. 

Ignore reality? Let's try to be honest. You are the guy that complains when I say that these stupid grandstanding Common Sense gun laws and the ban on the AR-15 don't even come close to addressing the problem. Which they don't. Then when I offer you a fairly simple solution to the abortion problem you piss yourself. And it's not even like I'm asking for some sort of draconian edict. Just asking people to take the slightest care. If they gave a fuck they would use birth control properly; if they gave less of a fuck (but still a little bit) they would use the morning after pill which is readily available. It really is as simple as that. Would it stop each and every unwanted pregnancy? Maybe not but we shouldn't make law over one in 10,000 cases. (Except for people like you who only want the issue.)

Think about it we are talking about eliminating almost a million abortions every year. And I know you really don't care but some people do.

WSS

4 hours ago, The Cysko Kid said:

Voluntary sterilization program. 

$7500 for men

$10,000 for women. Tax-free stipend. Spend it on whatever you want. The money is yours. No restrictions. Cash drops by $1000 for every kid you already have though. 

I used to advocate for this, but at this point, I am mostly against artificial means to lower the birth rate. This belief of mine is at odds with my pro-choice stance, and we'll see how my views on it evolve over the next decade. 

So, what changed my mind? In a nutshell, this graph. 

See the source image

Bad things happen when countries fall below the fertility rate. China's one-child policy utterly destroyed their demographics, and now there are a surplus of angry, unmarried males whose anger Xi Jinping is channeling into xenophobia, mostly so that it's not directed at himself. I know it's been a while since he's been in the news, but remember the Winnie the Pooh shit? The Uighur concentration camps? That caused all sorts of international moral outrage, but it galvanized the Chinese people's support for Jinping and against American hegemony. 

image.png.75736b312af66a2e68d531f003f2f38f.png

The Soviet bureaucracy absolutely wrecked the fertility rates with multi-family, state housing. They have an Africa-tier AIDS epidemic, and I'm not sure that the alcoholism rates are higher anywhere else in the world. All of the people who can run their country are past the age of the average male mortality which is just 59 years. They aren't going to war against Ukraine to fight the neo-Nazis. The eastern European plains are too big to defend with their army. The shrinking number of able-bodied fighting men is as big now as it will be for decades. The military is big enough, however, to maintain control over the chokepoints leading to Moscow. If they did not act now, they will have a total economic and military collapse, leading to encroachment by the Turks, Poland, NATO, the US, and China. Putin is challenging American hegemony, and tilting it to a multipolar world. 

image.png.2b9a17ab1bcec49f9aee49afb3a2f19a.png

Europe stopped making babies. Merkel didn't open the gates of Europe to Middle Eastern, North African, and now Ukrainian refugees out of the goodness of her heart, or because she's woke and needs to help the poor brown people. She knows damn well that German demographics are showing signs of collapse. See the image below? See how it gets narrow at the bottom? That's bad. That means there aren't enough new Germans being born to fill the jobs created by the dying Boomers and retiring GenXers. And so, she has the unenviable choice of allowing her nation's economy to collapse, or to keep it running at the cost of cultural clashes that come with mass immigration. 

image.png.3f517c3f62805a6e6ade2698bafeab83.png

Getting back to the USA, during the Trump administration, basically every multibillion-dollar corporation came out and denounced Trump's immigration policies. Why? Is it because their corporate hearts are bleeding for the families of the deported? I have my doubts. Economic immigration lowers wages. Why pay the peons more when you can pay them less? They didn't like when the working-class movement, Occupy Wall Street, put the magnifying glass on corporate America. Now they fund social movements focusing on race/gender/inequity to get our collective anger directed at each other, quite successfully I have to say. Thankfully, unions are starting to make a comeback. If you can get BLM and anti-lockdown protestors on the same page, then that would be a formidable political movement. 

But what's that to do with abortion? Since the Dobbs decision, I've seen a number of corporations publicly announce that their health insurance plans will cover out-of-state travel to get an abortion, much to the delight of pro-choice individuals. I can't help but feel that it's less about the morality of abortion and more the fact that it's cheaper to give a woman a week off instead of 3 months of maternity leave. That makes me angrier than anything else about this week's events. 

The likelihood of ending abortion in the US is the same as the likelihood of Americans giving up their guns. People with the means and desire to have an abortion will seek it out. If that means travelling out of state, they'll do it. For those who can't afford it, a wire hanger, or falling down the stairs, or punching your belly is another option (saw a video of the last one posted to social media). You can also throw your baby in the dumpster like the Hiram College student did last year. The government may restrict freedoms all they like; people will find a way. 

A funny thing about that first graph I posted. You notice that we dropped below replacement rate about the time that Roe was codified into law? I will be watching closely to see if our birth rate goes up over the next few years. Demographics is destiny.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, VaporTrail said:

I used to advocate for this, but at this point, I am mostly against artificial means to lower the birth rate. This belief of mine is at odds with my pro-choice stance, and we'll see how my views on it evolve over the next decade. 

See the source image

Bad things happen when countries fall below the fertility rate. China's one-child policy utterly destroyed their demographics, and now there are a surplus of angry, unmarried males whose anger Xi Jinping is channeling into xenophobia, mostly so that it's not directed at himself. I know it's been a while since he's been in the news, but remember the Winnie the Pooh shit? The Uighur concentration camps? That caused all sorts of international moral outrage, but it galvanized the Chinese people against American hegemony. 

The Soviet bureaucracy absolutely wrecked the fertility rates with multi-family, state housing. They have an Africa-tier AIDS epidemic, and I'm not sure that the alcoholism rates are higher anywhere else in the world. All of the people who can run their country are past the age of the average male mortality which is just 59 years. They aren't going to war against Ukraine to fight the neo-Nazis. The eastern European plains are too big to defend with their army. The shrinking number of able-bodied fighting men is as big now as it will be for decades. The military is big enough, however, to maintain control over the chokepoints leading to Moscow. If they did not act now, they will have a total economic and military collapse, leading to encroachment by the Turks, Poland, NATO, the US, and China. Putin is challenging American hegemony, and tilting it to a multipolar world. 

Europe stopped making babies. Merkel didn't open the gates of Europe to Middle Eastern, North African, and now Ukrainian refugees out of the goodness of her heart, or because she's woke and needs to help the poor brown people. She knows damn well that German demographics are showing signs of collapse. See the image below? See how it gets narrow at the bottom? That's bad. That means there aren't enough new Germans being born to fill the jobs created by the dying Boomers and retiring GenXers. And so, she has the unenviable choice of allowing her nation's economy to collapse, or to keep it running at the cost of cultural clashes that come with mass immigration. 

Getting back to the USA, during the Trump administration, basically every multibillion-dollar corporation came out and denounced Trump's immigration policies. Why? Is it because their corporate hearts are bleeding for the families of the deported? I have my doubts. Economic immigration lowers wages. Why pay the peons more when you can pay them less? They didn't like when the working-class movement, Occupy Wall Street, put the magnifying glass on corporate America. Now they fund social movements focusing on race/gender/inequity to get our collective anger directed at each other, quite successfully I have to say. Thankfully, unions are starting to make a comeback. If you can get BLM and anti-lockdown protestors on the same page, then that would be a formidable political movement. 

But what's that to do with abortion? Since the Dobbs decision, I've seen a number of corporations publicly announce that their health insurance plans will cover out-of-state travel to get an abortion, much to the delight of pro-choice individuals. I can't help but feel that it's less about the morality of abortion and more the fact that it's cheaper to give a woman a week off instead of 3 months of maternity leave. That makes me angrier than anything else about this week's events. 

The likelihood of ending abortion in the US is the same as the likelihood of Americans giving up their guns. People with the means and desire to have an abortion will seek it out. If that means travelling out of state, they'll do it. For those who can't afford it, a wire hanger, or falling down the stairs, or punching your belly is another option (saw a video of the last one posted to social media). You can also throw your baby in the dumpster like the Hiram College student did last year. The government may restrict freedoms all they like; people will find a way. 

A funny thing about that first graph I posted. You notice that we dropped below replacement rate about the time that Roe was codified into law? I will be watching closely to see if our birth rate goes up over the next few years. 

Some real food for thought here 

5 hours ago, VaporTrail said:

See the source image

Bad things happen when countries fall below the fertility rate. China's one-child policy utterly destroyed their demographics, and now there are a surplus of angry, unmarried males whose anger Xi Jinping is channeling into xenophobia, mostly so that it's not directed at himself. I know it's been a while since he's been in the news, but remember the Winnie the Pooh shit? The Uighur concentration camps? That caused all sorts of international moral outrage, but it galvanized the Chinese people's support for Jinping and against American hegemony. 

A funny thing about that first graph I posted. You notice that we dropped below replacement rate about the time that Roe was codified into law? I will be watching closely to see if our birth rate goes up over the next few years. Demographics is destiny.

Great post. Graphs, facts, etc.

There are plenty of millennials just putting off kids as well. How would the birth rate change if student loan debt was taken care of, for example. 

I agree with you too that the best chance for any real political movement against Reps (and Dems) comes from organizing in the workplace. Socosl issues aside the widening inequality gap is a major issue. Something else that, if addressed, would lead to a higher birth rate. 

Great post. Graphs, facts, etc.

There are plenty of millennials just putting off kids as well. How would the birth rate change if student loan debt was taken care of, for example. 

I agree with you too that the best chance for any real political movement against Reps (and Dems) comes from organizing in the workplace. Socosl issues aside the widening inequality gap is a major issue. Something else that, if addressed, would lead to a higher birth rate. 

This has to rank top 5 stupidest posts ever made on any message board .🏆

Always want free stuff you can't make it on your own, if you can't figure out if you can afford a loan then college probably isn't for you.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Vambo said:

This has to rank top 5 stupidest posts ever made on any message board .🏆

Always want free stuff you can't make it on your own, if you can't figure out if you can afford a loan then college probably isn't for you.

yep - that was the worst of his ignorant, stupid takes. The bird is squawking hysterically because he? can't control

the Supreme Court.

Too much medicine?

stupid pills

• The act of saying something so fundamentally wrong or erroneous that the other person believes you to be under the influence of stupid pills.

On 6/25/2022 at 9:47 PM, MLD Woody said:

The reality the rabid anti choice folks on here have towards abortion and what actual reality is are too very different things. If you haven't picked that up after decades nothing is going to change in your final years. 

woody - you say that, did you learn the difference in engineering college or what?

Why don't you explain the difference, then?

9 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

woody - you say that, did you learn the difference in engineering college or what?

Why don't you explain the difference, then?

I think I have to concur I would be especially surprised to think that engineering professors waste much time on preaching social justice. As a matter of fact it's probably a rare Professor that does and most usually I would guess in the liberal arts segment. Personally I was really liberal in college but that's due to being a kid and not understanding things. I don't really remember any of my professors talking about it and as a theater major probably half the department was gay. It was just the other kids we hung around with the thought that s*** was cool not so much the professors. So there is that.

WSS

I worked in a machine shop for a year, to pay off my '66 Chevy Belair (cherry metallic, 250 straight six, 3 on the column, 4 door....wish I could have always kept it. The frame rusted out eventually. )

and visited the U. with my best friend, we were in his sociology class. This nasty loud woman was touting communism, and running down America, I thought surely she was joking. She wasn't.

Finally, I had had anough, and raised my hand, and challenged her on some pretty solid points with questions. She flustered, paused, and went irate because she realized that I wasn't in her class. Most of the big class was laughing and was applauding my challenge to her, ....

She was a moron. She blew her stack, ordered me out of her class, just then, some long haired kid threw open the door and warned us that the National Guard was shooting kids. It was, of course, May 4th.

When I was a student, I had run ins with a few other leftwing sombeitches. Pre-AF, I was in secondary education, English major/Speech minor, but was going to switch to gen science, English.

It wasn't everywhere. When I was in the AF, I went to the local college and was taking genetics, biology, and chemistry classes.... never heard a political word.

4 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

I think I have to concur I would be especially surprised to think that engineering professors waste much time on preaching social justice. 

WSS

Hey, now we're getting somewhere... Thank you 

Anyone here acting like college engineering professors are spending any time preaching LGBTQ rights or whatever are delusional morons believing whatever they're fed regarding "liberal indoctrination" in schools. They heard it on TV, so it must be true in every instance! 

4 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

I worked in a machine shop for a year, to pay off my '66 Chevy Belair (cherry metallic, 250 straight six, 3 on the column, 4 door....wish I could have always kept it. The frame rusted out eventually. )

and visited the U. with my best friend, we were in his sociology class. This nasty loud woman was touting communism, and running down America, I thought surely she was joking. She wasn't.

Finally, I had had anough, and raised my hand, and challenged her on some pretty solid points with questions. She flustered, paused, and went irate because she realized that I wasn't in her class. Most of the big class was laughing and was applauding my challenge to her, ....

She was a moron. She blew her stack, ordered me out of her class, just then, some long haired kid threw open the door and warned us that the National Guard was shooting kids. It was, of course, May 4th.

When I was a student, I had run ins with a few other leftwing sombeitches. Pre-AF, I was in secondary education, English major/Speech minor, but was going to switch to gen science, English.

It wasn't everywhere. When I was in the AF, I went to the local college and was taking genetics, biology, and chemistry classes.... never heard a political word.

You gotta love Cal's stories like this. At this point is he just lying or is it the dementia?

Liberal authority figure exists

I challenge liberal authority figure

They crumble, I'm victorious, the crowd cheers!

Literally every fairy tale memory Cal has...