THE BROWNS BOARD

USC and UCLA to the Big Ten

• MLD Woody changed the title to USC and UCLA to the Big Ten
4 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Hey Woody, do you subscribe to the LA Times ?  But the $1 for 6 months is dirt cheap.  I don't really like having tons of random subscriptions all over that will go *poof* one day and do the auto thing.   I just got on a WSJ subscription and I'm not immediately sure why.  :lol:

Now UCLA, USC going east just shows what a weak mess the PAC has become. 

And when I think UCLA, USC, somewhat UW, ORE it reminds me of the old Rose Bowl and other games.  Plus the former great USC/ND matchups.  Great individual games but as a B10, B12, B16 where have the rivalries gone.  Not good for B10 regional classic matchups MST/M, IND/PUR and others whichcan get left out. 

I'm still an old and familiar guy not a B16   "have we played lately"?     "ever"?   person.  Now I do understand the economics of some of these B16 arrangements  but there can be a downside for some teams.  

10 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Hey Woody, do you subscribe to the LA Times ?  But the $1 for 6 months is dirt cheap.  I don't really like having tons of random subscriptions all over that will go *poof* one day and do the auto thing.   I just got on a WSJ subscription and I'm not immediately sure why.  :lol:

Now UCLA, USC going east just shows what a weak mess the PAC has become. 

And when I think UCLA, USC, somewhat UW, ORE it reminds me of the old Rose Bowl and other games.  Plus the former great USC/ND matchups.  Great individual games but as a B10, B12, B16 where have the rivalries gone.  Not good for B10 regional classic matchups MST/M, IND/PUR and others whichcan get left out. 

I'm still an old and familiar guy not a B16   "have we played lately"?     "ever"?   person.  Now I do understand the economics of some of these B16 arrangements  but there can be a downside for some teams.  

No I don't haha. I just wanted a link as a source and that came up first. 

It's not stopping at 16 though

Happy we're still taking high academic schools. Here are some remaining AAU options:

Duke, GA Tech, Stanford, 'Zona, Cal, Colorado, Kansas, UNC, Oregon, Pitt, Utah, Virginia, and Washington

Maybe we can kick out Nebraska?

2 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Maybe we can kick out Nebraska?

Huh ?  I thought we already did that.      :blink:

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, syd said:

it sucks for teams like oregon state and washington state 

Yeah where do they end up ?  Mountain West ? 1-AA ?  

~BIG 16~  Inc. football factories,  after the biggest money matchups how often do some of those schools see each other ?  Every 3, 4, 5 years ?

Rah-rah,  ahhh who are you again ?    :huh:

On 7/11/2022 at 5:41 PM, mjp28 said:

Yeah where do they end up ?  Mountain West ? 1-AA ?  

~BIG 16~  Inc. football factories,  after the biggest money matchups how often do some of those schools see each other ?  Every 3, 4, 5 years ?

Rah-rah,  ahhh who are you again ?    :huh:

so far its all just hearsay maybe the acc could get involved the big 12 hell i dont know you may find out before i do

• 5 months later...