THE BROWNS BOARD

How American

MLD Woody

50 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

That literally says "posted 4 minutes ago"

That would have been posted after the shooting and arrest....

There are tons of fake social media accounts springing up to push false narratives. And it sure seems a certain segment of the population can't get enough.... 

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Oh Jesus and here we go with the "well what about the inner city". Sure man, let's try to fix that too! (Though you and people like you would never even budge on admitting the additional underlying issues). But if we can make it harder to get guns,black or white, whatever, then great!

And obviously I don't want anything that's ineffective. But the pro gun group would love that. Approve a few half ass measures, they obviously fail, and then that group can flail about how the only solution is more guns. As asinine as that is. 

"My generation". Ok... Then my solution to it, one most of my generation, and most of the country in general, agrees with us actually doing fucking anything to address gun violence. How many fucking times do we have to go through this? 

And say that as much as you want the kid has more than one photo floating around of him liking Trump stuff. Which, again, really doesn't matter, but when half of this board wants to rush in here and jerk each other off cuz he looks weird and must be a liberal... well they've clearly ignored a good number of mass shootings.... But duh, of course they have. 

But yes, conservatives don't give two shits about anything that doesn't affect then directly. The only way they'll support gun reform is if they or a loved one become a victim of gun violence. How fucking tragic. 

Well let's see who's the guy that bitches the most about generation versus generation; let me check. Hey it's you!

And the typical Woody well that's bad too when somebody mentions the real problem.

And speaking of usual responses first you Screech that the kid has some facetious Trump photographs out there among his rap videos Etc and then Screech that it doesn't matter. Pick one. You think this guy is a trump supporter or not? There's also antifa s*** which would sound more likely.

Finally although I don't consider myself that much of a conservative I certainly do not give two s****, not even one about things that don't affect me but more importantly can't be solved. Yes a tiny percentage of murders are mass murders. And a tiny percent of those are with scary looking guns. Your solution? Make the scary looking guns illegal. Will it make a change? Nope. Will it make you idiot liberals seem like big shots and you can dance around a maple smelling each other's farts for saving the world? That's the idea.

But I'm fine with gun registration I'm fine with background checks I'm fine with tightening up gun show sales I'm fine with just about everyone of the completely ineffectual Solutions you idiots have proposed that are meant not to solve the problem but just to piss off the people you don't like. Example how many people have been killed in shootings that employ the use of a bump stock? But hey what a step forward in the societal evolution. They are now against the law. Meaning that mass murderers will hesitate to use something because it's illegal?

And if you were as smart as you boast about being you could go back case by case and see that this rubbish wouldn't have even made a scratch in the problem.

Yes Woodrow there are random lunatics and no you can't really predict them or stop them.

WSS

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Well let's see who's the guy that bitches the most about generation versus generation; let me check. Hey it's you!

And the typical Woody well that's bad too when somebody mentions the real problem.

And speaking of usual responses first you Screech that the kid has some facetious Trump photographs out there among his rap videos Etc and then Screech that it doesn't matter. Pick one. You think this guy is a trump supporter or not? There's also antifa s*** which would sound more likely.

Finally although I don't consider myself that much of a conservative I certainly do not give two s****, not even one about things that don't affect me but more importantly can't be solved. Yes a tiny percentage of murders are mass murders. And a tiny percent of those are with scary looking guns. Your solution? Make the scary looking guns illegal. Will it make a change? Nope. Will it make you idiot liberals seem like big shots and you can dance around a maple smelling each other's farts for saving the world? That's the idea.

But I'm fine with gun registration I'm fine with background checks I'm fine with tightening up gun show sales I'm fine with just about everyone of the completely ineffectual Solutions you idiots have proposed that are meant not to solve the problem but just to piss off the people you don't like. Example how many people have been killed in shootings that employ the use of a bump stock? But hey what a step forward in the societal evolution. They are now against the law. Meaning that mass murderers will hesitate to use something because it's illegal?

And if you were as smart as you boast about being you could go back case by case and see that this rubbish wouldn't have even made a scratch in the problem.

Yes Woodrow there are random lunatics and no you can't really predict them or stop them.

WSS

That third paragraph shows you literally did not follow along at all. The answers to your questions were addressed multiple times. If you can't be bothered to read them then what's the point in me wasting time with a back and forth?

As much as you're desperately trying to antagonize me the rest of that post to get a response (with insults, typical Steve's, etc), I'll leave you with this:

Why are we the only developed country with this many "random lunatics"? Why has a portion of our country just decided these mass shootings are no different than natural disasters?

32 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Why are we the only developed country with this many "random lunatics"? Why has a portion of our country just decided these mass shootings are no different than natural disasters?

Poor parenting.   Poor education system.  Horrible government officials.   Mixed cultures competing with each other.  Drugs.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

Biden signs bipartisan gun measure negotiated by Sen. John Cornyn after Uvalde shooting

The new law contains modest provisions but is the most significant gun measure passed by Congress in nearly three decades.

https://www.texastribune.org/2022/06/25/biden-gun-bill-uvalde/

Did it work?

On 7/4/2022 at 9:14 PM, Vambo said:

Extreme Risk law or "Red Flag" law in place. 

The rapper released a cryptic track called "Are You Awake" on Oct. 15, 2021. The track appears to suggest that Crimo was planning a life-defining act beyond his ability to stop. The video includes drawings of a man aiming a rifle at another person.

The video also includes an image of a newspaper clipping about Lee Harvey Oswald, who assassinated President John F. Kennedy, and another image of a victim shot with blood spraying from the body.

Man aiming rifle at another person in music video

Screenshot from Awake the Rapper's video "are you awake?" (Awake the Rapper/Vimeo)

So why aren't the libs demanding that Rap be banned? 😉

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Why are we the only developed country with this many "random lunatics"?

If you continue with this same thought process, you’ll eventually come to the conclusion that regardless of how many rounds a gun can hold, or if it has a bump stock or not….if a fucking lunatic gets his hands on a gun people will die.

27 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

If you continue with this same thought process, you’ll eventually come to the conclusion that regardless of how many rounds a gun can hold, or if it has a bump stock or not….if a fucking lunatic gets his hands on a gun people will die.

And what's your solution?.............More guns? 

16 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

No, more gun laws.

Can’t you see how good they’re working?

So what's your solution? We can't get every nut job that slips through the cracks. All I hear  from both sides is how we need stricter gun laws, and the other side says the gun laws are stupid and violate the 2nd amendment. Nobody ever has anything constructive to say just bickering. So again, what can be done? 

3 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

No, more gun laws.

Can’t you see how good they’re working?

^ and this is exactly the goal of the right and the gun lobby...

The gun laws we have now are weak and easy to get around. The past new "reform" we put through was nothing. Chicago has "the strictest gun laws in the country" (not true) is the right's big battle cry, when you can just easily drive somewhere else and get what you want. 

Having ineffective gun laws allowed those that are pro gun to point at them and say "see! they don't work! no point in trying any more!"

It's a damn obvious cycle and it's one they either knowingly mislead on or their supporters are too stupid to see the poor logic

And again, no good answers to why this isn't an issue in other countries. Those countries have rap, video games, social media, youth, etc. This is just a problem for us. 

But admitting that would mean not jerking yourself off over American exceptionalism so we'll never get anywhere. More important for some people to be "real American patriots" than to try and reduce the amount their fellow Americans get killed by guns 

Fucking. Pathetic.

6 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

And again, no good answers to why this isn't an issue in other countries. Those countries have rap, video games, social media, youth, etc. This is just a problem for us. 

But admitting that would mean not jerking yourself off over American exceptionalism so we'll never get anywhere. More important for some people to be "real American patriots" than to try and reduce the amount their fellow Americans get killed by guns 

Fucking. Pathetic.

Just leave bird girl.

Real America hates your deceit and disrespect.

4 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Fucking. Pathetic.

yes, you are, woodpecker.

the solution is to red flag mental illness in young people who have, across the board, dramatically, shown that

they are loners, anti-social, trouble with the law, etc etc etc etc.

Yet, they are coddled, protected, ignored, let off with no consequences, not reported to a legit risk/red flag system.

this kid had serious behavior problems.

He could have driven a car and killed 7 people. His social media behavior alone should have gotten the attention to get him counseling, etc.

Major problem in schools - pot - thc is causing psychosis in some young people.

Your leftwing subculture - you got your legal pot - especially the farce "medical pot".

Part of the problem is....you.

Part of the problem is social media fame - brings out the violence in some young people who are dangerously screwed up. Pot doesn't help, it worsens it.

and, of course -

you voted for obaMao.

Mar 21, 2018President Barack Obama speaks before signing the "Every Student Succeeds Act," a major education law setting U.S. public schools on a new course of accountability, Thursday, Dec. 10, 2015, in ...
Dec 23, 2017Since President Barack Obama pressured educators to adopt a new code of conduct making it harder to suspend or expel students of color, even kids who punch out their teacher aren't automatically ...
Nov 23, 2019Thankfully Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos announced in December of 2018 that she rescinded the dangerous Obama-era policy on lenient school discipline requirements. That was a good start. But ...

it seems to be on YOU, woodpecker, and all those who voted for progressive policies.
our 2nd Amendment has nothing to do with making these kids get so screwed up they murder innocent people.

THC. read up on it.

8 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Just leave bird girl.

Real America hates your deceit and disrespect.

yes, woodpecker. you want to know what to do about the violence of these screwed up young people committing violent crimes (yes, using guns) ?

get a bunch of people who think and vote and whine and bitch like you do, and stand in front of a big mirror.

Answer (1 of 2): Long story short: no. But, psychotropic drugs are not irrelevant. Any experiences caused by drug use are automatically excluded as potentially being "mental illness" by the official psychiatric diagnostic criteria. Medical conditions, drug effects, and other perspicuous biologic...
Several studies have linked marijuana use to increased risk for psychiatric disorders, including psychosis (schizophrenia), depression, anxiety, and substance use disorders, but whether and to what extent it actually causes these conditions is not always easy to determine. 32 Recent research suggests that smoking high-potency marijuana every day could increase the chances of developing ...

20 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Fucking. Pathetic.

image.jpeg.1149db034880cfabe3b5ef189a76ec8f.jpeg

5 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Fucking. Pathetic.

Sacramento mass shooting came soon after Newsom signed 2 more gun laws

"We have to look at the parents," Williams told host Neil Cavuto. "They knew he had suffered and tried to commit suicide. And to go and buy guns with your son who has already tried to commit suicide, to go and buy guns with your son who has threatened family members to the point where you had to take knives out of the house, something is very troubling there. And that’s going to have to be a part of this investigation also."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/highland-park-shooting-something-troubling-suspects-parents-ted-williams

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Fucking. Pathetic.

memes? anyone? - General Discussion - Custom Cursor Community

21 hours ago, Neo said:

So what's your solution? We can't get every nut job that slips through the cracks. All I hear  from both sides is how we need stricter gun laws, and the other side says the gun laws are stupid and violate the 2nd amendment. Nobody ever has anything constructive to say just bickering. So again, what can be done? 

So if you had to guess, how much do you think a gun ban would reduce the number of shootings in this country?  100%? 50%?  25%?  I assume you have some idea of it's effectiveness since you seem to be advocating for it.

Would it be comparable to the effectiveness of a complete ban on illict drugs?  

54 minutes ago, htownbrown said:

So if you had to guess, how much do you think a gun ban would reduce the number of shootings in this country?  100%? 50%?  25%?  I assume you have some idea of it's effectiveness since you seem to be advocating for it.

Would it be comparable to the effectiveness of a complete ban on illict drugs?  

1) where was I advocating for a gun ban?

2) You are never going to completely stamp out gun violence, just like you are never going to stamp out the production, sales, and usage of dangerous narcotics.

The only thing you can do is try to limit the damage. By passing common sense laws that BOTH sides can agree on. The problem is one side is screaming gun control, the other is screaming 2nd amendment and they are coming to take you guns. There is no middle ground and neither side is willing to budge or listen to the other. I have my own ideas I think would help immensely with the problem but I'm not going to share them.

27 minutes ago, Neo said:

2) You are never going to completely stamp out gun violence, just like you are never going to stamp out the production, sales, and usage of dangerous narcotics.

The only thing you can do is try to limit the damage. By passing common sense laws that BOTH sides can agree on. The problem is one side is screaming gun control, the other is screaming 2nd amendment and they are coming to take you guns. There is no middle ground and neither side is willing to budge or listen to the other. I have my own ideas I think would help immensely with the problem but I'm not going to share them.

You can pass 1.000,000  gun laws but if the criminals do not abide by them they are useless.

26 minutes ago, Neo said:

Fair enough, it seemed like that's where you were heading.

This is certainly true.

The only thing you can do is try to limit the damage. By passing common sense laws that BOTH sides can agree on. 

This is where effectiveness matters.  No one has produced anything of substance other than an outright ban.  The only thing that will do is create more criminals, just like the drug wars have.  

If you legalized heroine today, your not going to have 3x as many people slumped over at the bus stops tomorrow morning.  The proclivity is already there regardless of the law that has banned it or it's not there at all.  Proclivity isn't influenced by Congress, unless your talking about white collar crimes perhaps.  Unless you want to address the "WHY", you're just farting into the wind.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/why-are-mass-shooters-getting-younger-and-deadlier-experts-have-theories/ar-AAZiofm?li=BBnb7Kz

If you believe anything from this article, you have to ask yourselves why young, traditionally white males, would be so angry.  And to that note, I'd have to ask you what movement in all of western societies DOESN'T target them?  At least in the media, they are responsible for almost everything evil.

If your response is simply, "Boo Hoo Whiteboys", then you're not serious about solving the issue of mass shootings.  It's certainly not the only problem and there's no excuse for violent random retaliation, but it's a rather obvious influence.