THE BROWNS BOARD

Baker to Carolina

ATOM

12 minutes ago, nickers said:

Word is Carolina is gonna ride it out w/Darnold...

That won't surprise me...  He was horrible last year.. The Panthers are in the same boat as the Browns are with Baker. Darnold's 5th year  $18 million is fully guaranteed.  So they can't exactly dump Darnold and then take on Baker's $18 million.  I suppose they can put Darnold out there and do a tank-a-thon for the 2023 QB draft class...  

6 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

The real $ is made 2nd - 4th round. Especially when you have a QB who is a 10 year piece.   

10 year piece?

I fully expect Watson to get out of Cleveland the second this contract is up, if he doesn't demand to be traded before. 

what to do with Baker ?

...from what I've seen on tv, he's pretty good with building maintenance.   

If it were me, and I couldn't get anything for him...I'd keep him on the books, at home, and wait for the team(s) whose QB goes down and needs a starting QB.

• Upvote 1

I saw this posted over on the Browns subreddit ( Link to OP post ) that I think is an excellent summation of Baker Mayfield and Browns fans:

"From a fan perspective, the Baker QB situation on the Browns is like your very first girlfriend...You'd never had a girlfriend (QB) before, so the first one that shows any promise you obsess over and think "Finally! This is the one I waited for!"

The more you get to know her, you realize you put up with strange behavior and she really doesn't seem to get along with some of your friends (OBJ). But again, it's whatever because you finally have a girlfriend! Maybe this is how it goes sometimes? They're wrong, you're right.

Then you realize that she doesn't get along with any of your friends (Browns teammates). You try and tell yourself they're just jealous, but then even your parents (Haslams, FO, Stefanski) say how much they dislike her.

You show a picture of her to kids on the bus and they say "gross, I'd date Matt Ryan, Marcus Mariota, or even Jameis Winston before I'd date her." You realize that this whole time, you had been sticking around in the hopes she got better and friendlier. Instead she got worse and meaner.

Your friends don't like her, your parents don't like her, other kids on the bus make fun of you, she's stubborn and refuses to listen to you, and you realize that outside of you, no one else even wants her. Because she showed you interest for the first time and you got laid ONCE. TWO YEARS AGO (2020 playoffs).

Suddenly the glasses are off and you realize you don't like her anymore. You have that epiphany/cringe moment (weeks, months, decades later) of "holy shit why did I stick around with her so long? She really wasnt that great at all. Of course no one else liked her, I was just blinded by my first love and wanted it to work so bad. Moving on was the right move"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, hoorta said:

Nah, Bill doesn't make stupid mistakes.  Baker's trade value is now hovering in the sack of seeds range.  

Nope, no roster bonus... We can't afford his $18 million guaranteed dead cap hit and stay under the cap. Ask yourself in all honesty... Right now would you rather have Baker, or Landry & Clowney with the same amount of money. I thought so.  :)  

Hey BB, welcome back, long time no see... It's being tossed around... it could get to the point the Browns might have to give up a draft pick in an Osweiler scenario just to get Baker's contract off the books...  

think i mentioned all of this  but now its looking more and more they were gonna have to go the brock osweiller route sucks for us

• Upvote 1

Can everyone take a moment and understand that we don’t have to move Baker at this moment?

A starting QB may go down between now and camp or during camp.

A team may miss out on these “C” level QBs in the draft and decide to roll with a Baker Mayfield type. 

Don’t deal out of a state of panic.  I’m confident Princeton and UPenn and every other Ivy in the building understands this. 

• Upvote 2

Browns can Afford to Play Waiting Game in Trading Baker Mayfield

https://www.si.com/nfl/browns/news/browns-can-play-waiting-game

As much as the Cleveland Browns might want to trade Baker Mayfield quickly, they are in a position to wait for a price they want.

Baker Mayfield's tenure with the Cleveland Browns was all but over before the team acquired Deshaun Watson in a trade with the Houston Texans. With Watson on the team, it seemed as if the Browns would want to deal Mayfield quickly, so both sides could move on from what has been an ugly week of back and forth, but the Browns are comfortable waiting to make a deal, even if that means waiting until August.

There are 18.8 million reasons to get Mayfield off the salary cap. But if a team was never intending to spend that money in the first place, carrying that cap charge doesn't impede the team from operating.

The Browns are only slated to pay Watson a hair over $10 million in 2022. The reason for that isn't because the team is trying to go all in for the sake of a Super Bowl run this season. That doesn't mean they aren't going to try, but with Watson likely to be suspended, leaving newly signed backup Jacoby Brissett to play quarterback those games in his stead, the postseason isn't guaranteed.

The reason the Browns are giving Watson a low salary now is likely because they want to create a significant amount of rollover cap for next season and going forward. It will not only help pay for the $54 million Watson is scheduled to earn in 2023, but allow them some added flexibility.

So whenever the Browns trade Mayfield, which could drag on into July even August unless they get the deal they want, they would the then have the ability to rollover the $18.8 million Mayfield was set to earn, giving them $37.6 million in 2023; the original $18.8 million plus another $18.8 million in rollover.

The Browns want to create wiggle room, so they can maintain their viability over several years rather than just trying to make a play in a single season. Watson isn't on a rookie contract, so there's no sense building the team like he is.

Watson and Myles Garrett are on the same schedule, both under contract for five years. The Browns want to make five worthwhile attempts at a Super Bowl rather than just one. That window could extend further if the team extends those two contracts. The only reason the Browns should feel the need to borrow money against the future would be if those players are going to leave or are simply at the end of their careers, which is what happened with the Pittsburgh Steelers and New Orleans Saints with their respective quarterbacks.

The recovery from Mayfield's shoulder can also play into this, since he can't do much at this point, which is also impacting the timeline for the San Francisco 49ers to make a deal with Jimmy Garoppolo. The healthier Mayfield gets and the longer some of these teams go without addressing their quarterback positions, pressure will increase. The Browns are counting on it.

The only scenario that is unacceptable for the Browns is cutting Mayfield. His salary is guaranteed and they are simply not going to carry that cost, even if it means giving Mayfield away for a seventh-round pick in two years. That gives them options and leverage to get far more.

The Browns are going to continue building their roster within the salary cap constraints Mayfield presents, waiting for an offer that they deem acceptable. Mayfield, at this point, is a vehicle to recover some of the resources given up to acquire Watson. The Browns will rollover a sizable amount of money, potentially over $25 million this year to help them compete in future seasons, maintaining their ability to operate above the traditional limits of the salary cap.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Orion said:

what to do with Baker ?

...from what I've seen on tv, he's pretty good with building maintenance.   

If it were me, and I couldn't get anything for him...I'd keep him on the books, at home, and wait for the team(s) whose QB goes down and needs a starting QB.

Without rehashing the excellent SI article Vambo just posted...  That's exactly what the Browns are going to do. It's not Rocket Science that the NFL market for Baker has totally dried up. If the Falcons could only get a 3rd round pick for Ryan, it puts Mayfield's current value below that. 

They can keep him hanging around until after the draft, or wait until another team's starting QB goes down with an injury.   

If only the Browns weren't STUPID and had traded a third round pick for Ryan. If Ryan had beaten out Mayfield for the starting job, nobody? would complain.

I think I'll donate my browns garb to the Ukraine people relief fund.

I hope the new baggage dept "qb" has a season ending injury in training camp, right after they trade Baker.

just doesn't seem fun anymore.

I guess there's the Bengals to win the division, and the Bills to get to the playoffs again, too.

dammit. who knew berry was a fool.

5 hours ago, hoorta said:

Without rehashing the excellent SI article Vambo just posted...  That's exactly what the Browns are going to do. It's not Rocket Science that the NFL market for Baker has totally dried up. If the Falcons could only get a 3rd round pick for Ryan, it puts Mayfield's current value below that. 

They can keep him hanging around until after the draft, or wait until another team's starting QB goes down with an injury.   

That would make the most sense. Knowing that the Browns have zero regard for the guy why would they Pony up anything of value for a trade? But some quarterback somewhere is going to get hurt.

WSS 

9 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

Can everyone take a moment and understand that we don’t have to move Baker at this moment?

A starting QB may go down between now and camp or during camp.

A team may miss out on these “C” level QBs in the draft and decide to roll with a Baker Mayfield type. 

Don’t deal out of a state of panic.  I’m confident Princeton and UPenn and every other Ivy in the building understands this. 

the bengals ended up with a first rounder from oakland for palmer  just saying 

Pro Football Network: What’s next for Baker Mayfield? Are the Seahawks an option?

"...Mayfield, for his part, is keeping busy. He’s in Texas right now working with Patrick Mahomes’ quarterback coach Jeff Christensen to improve his throwing mechanics and accuracy."

Funny, because Baker absolutely refused to work with a QB coach during the offseasons when he was a starter; even went on record in the recent past as saying he didn't need a QB tutor. It's only now that he's become a bench-warmer that no team wants as a starter that he's all of a sudden decided to get help. I'll be forever grateful that he was a participant in getting the Browns back to the playoffs, but seriously, this fucker's ego has made him delusional.

At this point, here's what we do with Baker:

giphy-1.gif

I'm done with this fuckin' 🤡

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, ATOM said:

the bengals ended up with a first rounder from oakland for palmer  just saying 

And when Palmer was traded, had a lot longer track record than Baker. We're not getting a first round pick for Mayfield.. Count on it.   

46 minutes ago, jbluhm86 said:

Pro Football Network: What’s next for Baker Mayfield? Are the Seahawks an option?

"...Mayfield, for his part, is keeping busy. He’s in Texas right now working with Patrick Mahomes’ quarterback coach Jeff Christensen to improve his throwing mechanics and accuracy."

Funny, because Baker absolutely refused to work with a QB coach during the offseasons when he was a starter; even went on record in the recent past as saying he didn't need a QB tutor. It's only now that he's become a bench-warmer that no team wants as a starter that he's all of a sudden decided to get help. I'll be forever grateful that he was a participant in getting the Browns back to the playoffs, but seriously, this fucker's ego has made him delusional.

At this point, here's what we do with Baker:

giphy-1.gif

I'm done with this fuckin' 🤡

There's a difference between being cocky... and arrogant.  Reality apparently has set in...  

8 hours ago, jbluhm86 said:

Funny, because Baker absolutely refused to work with a QB coach during the offseasons when he was a starter; even went on record in the recent past as saying he didn't need a QB tutor. It's only now that he's become a bench-warmer

Yup.  I remember thinking that it was kinda' pompous of him.    

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Has anyone considered the theory that the only thing Baker needs to be a very successful QB is a first round wide receiver? 

OBJ was a first round WR. Baker still looked like shit. He even had most of us believing that OBJ was the problem, even though he managed to win a Superbowl with a decent QB.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

I think I'll donate my browns garb to the Ukraine people relief fund.

I hope the new baggage dept "qb" has a season ending injury in training camp, right after they trade Baker.

just doesn't seem fun anymore.

I guess there's the Bengals to win the division, and the Bills to get to the playoffs again, too.

dammit. who knew berry was a fool.

I posted a Twitter article/analysis with a social theory about why so many people cling to Baker as a QB despite the clear flaws in his game.   Most of it was about the blue collar, "everyone doubted me", type parallel that so many, especially from the midwest, identified with - the forgotten man. 

You've really done nothing to dispel that idea.  Your issue with the Browns doesn't seem to be Watson's accusations, as I spelled out here before, given your idol(s), it can't logically be that. It has to be that Baker has been replaced. Period.  You tied your fan identity to him, which is why you so vehemently defended some of his incredibly questionable play.   

So now that your identity parallel is no longer apart of this team, you basically want the whole thing to burn.  Because, somehow, bringing in a better product on the field, which (on paper) is far superior to what we had, must not be "fun".  Whatever the hell that means.  

No, what isn't fun was watching a middle of the road passing game the last 4 years and a 4th year QB making decision mistakes he should have cleaned up his 2nd season.

Bon voyage.  If this team gels, we'll remember you from the playoffs.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

I posted a Twitter article/analysis with a social theory about why so many people cling to Baker as a QB despite the clear flaws in his game.   Most of it was about the blue collar, "everyone doubted me", type parallel that so many, especially from the midwest, identified with - the forgotten man. 

Nice, except I don't cling to Baker - he has flaws, probably needs a new start. Since you brought it up, I will tell you that your black qb hero with more tons of baggage that can fit into a C-5 Galaxy, had TWO FIRST ROUND DRAFT PICKS playing with him.

You've really done nothing to dispel that idea.  Your issue with the Browns doesn't seem to be Watson's accusations, as I spelled out here before, given your idol(s), it can't logically be that. It has to be that Baker has been replaced. Period.  You tied your fan identity to him, which is why you so vehemently defended some of his incredibly questionable play. 

You've done nothing to dispel the idea of mine that you are so ego-centric, you miss out on the forest because you see a few trees. I have said plainly that I can't stand the idea of the ilk of watson coming here. I just said above I wish the Browns had been the team that only traded a 3rd for Matt Ryan. There is no idol nothing with Baker - I've been about getting him better wr's so often, your arrogance doesn't let you take that into consideration. I didn't defend his play, he makes mistakes, big deal. I clearly have said in the past - a lot of qb's make mistakes - it seems that having a solid get open vs man to man wr core can hide a lot of mistakes by other qb's. Doug Dieken knows more football that you ever knew, and HE has said more than once - the wr's were not getting open.

So now that your identity parallel is no longer apart of this team, you basically want the whole thing to burn.  Because, somehow, bringing in a better product on the field, which (on paper) is far superior to what we had, must not be "fun".  Whatever the hell that means.  

So, ...you are not very smart. I am disgusted with watson, his slimey baggage, and the price paid to get him. It was asswholish. Like some of your posts. Better product? with 22 women saying what they've said about him? Try not to be ignorant, please. I said a few days ago? that I WOULD HAVE BEEN FINE IF THEY HAD DRAFTED A QB WITH THEIR NEXT THREE FIRST ROUND PICKS IN THE DRAFT. I see twatson with having TWO FIRST ROUND WR"S, and an imperfect Baker playing with an ego driven pouty cancer obj, and Landry who has been said to have problems getting open vs man to man coverage, Peoples-Jones, raw but extremely talented, Schwartz not ready yet for prime time, and Higgins - who I have never figured out why he has never been successful much regardless of what qb he played with.

No, what isn't fun was watching a middle of the road passing game the last 4 years and a 4th year QB making decision mistakes he should have cleaned up his 2nd season.

No, last year was a debacle. I have said many times, that I would NOT have let Baker play after he got hurt. It was asswholish. I would especially not started him that game vs the squealers. But go ahead and tell us how if you were a qb, you would never make mistakes with two Dallas cheerleaders as your wr's. lol.

Bon voyage.  If this team gels, we'll remember you from the playoffs.

If we had traded three first round draft picks for Brady I would have not been disgusted. I would not have been disgusted with a lot of deals for qb. But if you like a no class dumbass qb because he's far more mobile and black and has civil lawsuits facing him and a probable ? suspension that we paid so much money for and THREE FIRST ROUND DRAFT PICKS ??? WTF?????

I have always been a character guy - made no secret of it. Ask Flugels - he knows me. I wish the hell the Browns had drafted the kid from Liberty College in the first round instead of a slimeball - try to wrap your ego around that, ya?

This is the kid they could have drafted, with similar skills as watson, and has a high character. I was really looking forward to this draft, and the Browns pizzed on it. Watch the team that drafts him have bragging rights.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl-teams-don-t-think-too-hard-if-you-need-a-qb-draft-malik-willis/ar-AAVrvCS

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/malik-willis

and they would still have their first round picks in 2023 and 2024.

It just seems so much like "he is controversial, a slimeball, but he will get us noticed in big cities and we will make more money in tv contracts" garbage to me. That is why I'm disgusted.

To summarize, your ego-driven contentions are just mistake-ridden inventions.

Have a nice day worshiping your slimball. Sad part is, he won't play for months, and an upgraded wr group will go to waste. How stupid.

odd that you don't analyze your hero slimeball qb. Here is your 3 first round picks mistake:

Deshaun Watson's 7 sacks vs. Bills is a pattern the Chiefs ...

Last season, the Texans allowed Deshaun Watson to be sacked a league-high 62 times. Though they lowered that number this year with the addition of left tackle Laremy Tunsil, Watson was still sacked...

3 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

If we had traded three first round draft picks for Brady I would have not been disgusted. I would not have been disgusted with a lot of deals for qb. But if you like a no class dumbass qb because he's far more mobile and black and has civil lawsuits facing him and a probable ? suspension that we paid so much money for and THREE FIRST ROUND DRAFT PICKS ??? WTF?????

I have always been a character guy - made no secret of it. Ask Flugels - he knows me. I wish the hell the Browns had drafted the kid from Liberty College in the first round instead of a slimeball - try to wrap your ego around that, ya?

This is the kid they could have drafted, with similar skills as watson, and has a high character. I was really looking forward to this draft, and the Browns pizzed on it. Watch the team that drafts him have bragging rights.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl-teams-don-t-think-too-hard-if-you-need-a-qb-draft-malik-willis/ar-AAVrvCS

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/malik-willis

and they would still have their first round picks in 2023 and 2024.

It just seems so much like "he is controversial, a slimeball, but he will get us noticed in big cities and we will make more money in tv contracts" garbage to me. That is why I'm disgusted.

To summarize, your ego-driven contentions are just mistake-ridden inventions.

Have a nice day worshiping your slimball. Sad part is, he won't play for months, and an upgraded wr group will go to waste. How stupid.

odd that you don't analyze your hero slimeball qb. Here is your 3 first round picks mistake:

Deshaun Watson's 7 sacks vs. Bills is a pattern the Chiefs ...

Last season, the Texans allowed Deshaun Watson to be sacked a league-high 62 times. Though they lowered that number this year with the addition of left tackle Laremy Tunsil, Watson was still sacked...

Considering your opinion of Josh Rosen, I'm hardly surprised you're willing to toss your Browns gear in the trash after the Browns went for the Massage Parlor guy. Ever consider the possibility people can change? Or he's just going to be scum forever in your book?  Mike Vick spent some time in the slammer for running the dog fighting thing. 

Yeah, back in my college days you'd hear of guys in their 20s running a competition to see how many chicks they could lay. So don't act all shocked Watson was essentially doing the same thing. Doesn't make it right. 

And as someone pointed out, the Watson trade really only cost us TWO first round picks, we used the 2022 1st round  pick on Deshawn. Har har if you're going to tell me Kenny Pickett or any other QB in this draft would have been a better option. Malik Willis?  Please- another 6'0" small school guy with accuracy issues. Josh Allen was one of the VERY few NFL QBs able to cure that problem. Teams are tossing around draft picks like Halloween candy, notice what the Dolphins gave up for that gf and child beating Tyreek Hill? The horror I tell ya. Slime is everywhere in the NFL Cal- and if that stuff bothers you, I'd suggest you stick to squirrel hunting in the fall. 

MHO, if morality is your yardstick,  you should have quit when the Browns brought in  Kareem Hunt. I'm willing to give Watson a second chance,  just don't blow it Deshawn. Neither me nor Tia "worship" football players, FWIW, he's still in the process of film breakdown. If you throw the morality factor out, I'd suggest taking a look at pro football reference and look at the numbers Watson put up on crappy teams. Sort of like a change of scenery took Matt Stafford from the Lions to a Super Bowl.  

I don't know.. Maybe you'd be happier with a 22 roster all Tebow team that goes 0-17.  :D  

For someone who swore off the Browns, cal keeps posting about the Browns...

How can we miss you cal when you just won't leave?

Seeing how upset cal "and his great love of character" is over this is almost making it worth the Browns selling their souls to make this move. 

Almost. 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, hoorta said:

And when Palmer was traded, had a lot longer track record than Baker. We're not getting a first round pick for Mayfield.. Count on it.   

There's a difference between being cocky... and arrogant.  Reality apparently has set in...  

i never said we would get a 1st for him infact i said i would be happy with a 7th just to get his money off the books I was just saying that we could hold on to him as long as we damn will please 

-

7 hours ago, hoorta said:

Considering your opinion of Josh Rosen, I'm hardly surprised you're willing to toss your Browns gear in the trash after the Browns went for the Massage Parlor guy. Ever consider the possibility people can change? Or he's just going to be scum forever in your book?  Mike Vick spent some time in the slammer for running the dog fighting thing. 

Yeah, back in my college days you'd hear of guys in their 20s running a competition to see how many chicks they could lay. So don't act all shocked Watson was essentially doing the same thing. Doesn't make it right. 

And as someone pointed out, the Watson trade really only cost us TWO first round picks, we used the 2022 1st round  pick on Deshawn. Har har if you're going to tell me Kenny Pickett or any other QB in this draft would have been a better option. Malik Willis?  Please- another 6'0" small school guy with accuracy issues. Josh Allen was one of the VERY few NFL QBs able to cure that problem. Teams are tossing around draft picks like Halloween candy, notice what the Dolphins gave up for that gf and child beating Tyreek Hill? The horror I tell ya. Slime is everywhere in the NFL Cal- and if that stuff bothers you, I'd suggest you stick to squirrel hunting in the fall. 

MHO, if morality is your yardstick,  you should have quit when the Browns brought in  Kareem Hunt. I'm willing to give Watson a second chance,  just don't blow it Deshawn. Neither me nor Tia "worship" football players, FWIW, he's still in the process of film breakdown. If you throw the morality factor out, I'd suggest taking a look at pro football reference and look at the numbers Watson put up on crappy teams. Sort of like a change of scenery took Matt Stafford from the Lions to a Super Bowl.  

I don't know.. Maybe you'd be happier with a 22 roster all Tebow team that goes 0-17.  :D  

Poor Tebow was much of a pro qb, that's all. Baker has had some great ups, and some terrible downs - it isn't all on him, that's all I've been trying to explain. I never accepted Vick back into football - but it wasn't a big deal since we already had scum qb'ing the sqealers...so....there ya go.

About Hunt - AGAIN  - I believe in second chances. I agreed with McDowell getting a second chance. Hunt flipped his career and life around - that is impressive. We all thought McDowell did until...you know.

About Willis - I only said that because he is also black, also a major scrambler, and is two inches shorter than watson, and has a very strong arm. Not my first choice - I would have wanted a qb drafted - one that kids could look up to.

I said nothing about being a Christian - watson has been successful - and he has also been sacked more times than a dozen mexican jumping potatoes. (I know, not a real thing, I just made it up just for you). Baker haters would say "he can't read defenses"....

but watson will get a pass. Time will tell if it works out - but there are plenty of fans grossed out by this stupid move.

The question ya have to inevitably ask is this - "why did watson have to go to 22 different therapists?" If 1, 2 or 3 - said a lie for a big money payoff - it would be easier to believe he was a fool to get taken in by a fraudulent lawsuit.

But 22 ??? The question is, can all them prove he was a client? then I think some may have jumped on the bandwagon for $$$$$, but not the majority. 22 different women - you have to wonder why. You'd think he would go to one and keep going. That tells me something is really corrupt in watson land.

It's just that life is great fun, we love fishing and camping...have mega hobbies, it's spring, time to garden, and the draft is now something I just don't care about.

At least I'm being consistent - I didn't like rosen's character, and watson - nope - far, far worse. I just have better things to do, now that this controversy has started. Again, they do not care about alienating folks who want to believe in their team - that says a lot about the dismal state of affairs. It just seems serious subtraction by addition, and paying a huge price for controversy. Just my choice.

23 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

-

Poor Tebow was much of a pro qb, that's all. Baker has had some great ups, and some terrible downs - it isn't all on him, that's all I've been trying to explain. I never accepted Vick back into football - but it wasn't a big deal since we already had scum qb'ing the sqealers...so....there ya go.

About Hunt - AGAIN  - I believe in second chances. I agreed with McDowell getting a second chance. Hunt flipped his career and life around - that is impressive. We all thought McDowell did until...you know.

About Willis - I only said that because he is also black, also a major scrambler, and is two inches shorter than watson, and has a very strong arm. Not my first choice - I would have wanted a qb drafted - one that kids could look up to.

I said nothing about being a Christian - watson has been successful - and he has also been sacked more times than a dozen mexican jumping potatoes. (I know, not a real thing, I just made it up just for you). Baker haters would say "he can't read defenses"....

but watson will get a pass. Time will tell if it works out - but there are plenty of fans grossed out by this stupid move.

The question ya have to inevitably ask is this - "why did watson have to go to 22 different therapists?" If 1, 2 or 3 - said a lie for a big money payoff - it would be easier to believe he was a fool to get taken in by a fraudulent lawsuit.

But 22 ??? The question is, can all them prove he was a client? then I think some may have jumped on the bandwagon for $$$$$, but not the majority. 22 different women - you have to wonder why. You'd think he would go to one and keep going. That tells me something is really corrupt in watson land.

It's just that life is great fun, we love fishing and camping...have mega hobbies, it's spring, time to garden, and the draft is now something I just don't care about.

At least I'm being consistent - I didn't like rosen's character, and watson - nope - far, far worse. I just have better things to do, now that this controversy has started. Again, they do not care about alienating folks who want to believe in their team - that says a lot about the dismal state of affairs. It just seems serious subtraction by addition, and paying a huge price for controversy. Just my choice.

:sigh:

Just admit, you are a Browns fan that has worn the bruises over the years since the reincarnation. And I saw Jim Brown play.....

Time to hand out the bruises again..

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

Baker has had some great ups, and some terrible downs - it isn't all on him, that's all I've been trying to explain

.....during a game this season, we had a 3rd and 3 or 4.....we were losing a close game....the pass play rolled to the right....and there is Felton....all alone....a yard past the sticks....right in front of Baker....Baker looks right at him....and doesn't throw it.....instead he tried to run it so that he could get the first down all by himself.    And so we had to punt   And wound up losing the game.  But it was right at the end of that play when I crossed the threshold.  I thought that it was such a stupid thing to do that I lost a lot of respect for him.  

Then I noticed, on replays when they use that 'middle of the field' camera from behind the QB,  he'd have Njoku open on an underneath crossing pattern, and you could tell that Baker saw him, but then went off him to look for a bigger play, a deeper receiver.....and then wind up having nowhere to go with the ball.   I came to believe that Baker wants the play to be all about him.  How he fired that ball into a tight window for a good chunk gain.....and not 'threw it to a wide open Njoku' 7 or 8 yards downfield.

It is this kind of stuff that had me saying, all the way back when OBJ got himself off the team, Why did OBJ want off our team so badly?  I said I'd have loved to have been a fly on the wall in Berry's office when he discussed with OBJ how and why they were going to part ways.  Did OBJ just think that Baker was a not great, jerk QB?  Or was it Stefanski's offense of Chub, Hunt and TE's?  Or what percentage of both was it?  And it's why I've been asking, "What does OBJ think now that Baker's gone?"  (or at least, out of the picture)

Of course there's other things I'd love to know, like, How heavily was Berry into this trade?  Was Jimmuh that driving force?  Was Berry just marching along?  Or was he 100% on board like, "Hey Jimmy, if we wanna get in a superbowl then we're gonna have to have a QB that can compete with the AFC QB picture.  Let's do a Rams Jimmy and get Watson here". 

-  We know that Berry & Steph are excellent 'coach speakers'.   They're not going to give anybody a scoop.  They're going to avoid answering and you're going to get the politically correct response out of them.  And that's something that I like about them.  They're smart adults in the room.

4 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

-

1)  About Hunt - AGAIN  - I believe in second chances. I agreed with McDowell getting a second chance. Hunt flipped his career and life around - that is impressive. We all thought McDowell did until...you know.

2)   About Willis - I only said that because he is also black, also a major scrambler, and is two inches shorter than watson, and has a very strong arm. Not my first choice - I would have wanted a qb drafted - one that kids could look up to.

3)   I said nothing about being a Christian - watson has been successful - and he has also been sacked more times than a dozen mexican jumping potatoes. (I know, not a real thing, I just made it up just for you). Baker haters would say "he can't read defenses"....

4) but watson will get a pass. Time will tell if it works out - but there are plenty of fans grossed out by this stupid move.

5) The question ya have to inevitably ask is this - "why did watson have to go to 22 different therapists?" If 1, 2 or 3 - said a lie for a big money payoff - it would be easier to believe he was a fool to get taken in by a fraudulent lawsuit.

6) At least I'm being consistent - I didn't like rosen's character, and watson - nope - far, far worse. I just have better things to do, now that this controversy has started. Again, they do not care about alienating folks who want to believe in their team - that says a lot about the dismal state of affairs. It just seems serious subtraction by addition, and paying a huge price for controversy. Just my choice.

1) Then give Watson one to turn his life around.  :)  

2) OK Mrs Tebow...  

3) "Slow on the draw Baker" gets sacked about as many times as Watson has... Look it up.  :)   

4) Yeah, I know.. You're not the only Browns fan. 

5) Now we're getting to the crux of the matter Cal.. do you have kids? Daughters? Would you want them to get into the (sort of sleazy) Massage business?  FWIW, in Ohio there's a thing that you can apply for as a "Licensed Medical Massage Therapist".  I will bet you the RANCH (and then some) that NONE of the women Deshawn was seeing on multiple times held that designation. Go look at the other thread- why would said women want him as a repeat customer if he's asking them to do stuff they object to?  Yeah- he tips well.  Got it.  

6) No one here is denying that Watson made some bad decisions based on the $$$ he makes and his notoriety. But.. You're going to have to consider the source of the accusations. Those women don't make a ton of money, and um... just maybe they're a tad short in the morality department themselves.  Like I'll (blackmail) you Deshawn if you don't pay me $30,000?  

6 hours ago, hoorta said:

1) Then give Watson one to turn his life around.  :)  

2) OK Mrs Tebow...  

3) "Slow on the draw Baker" gets sacked about as many times as Watson has... Look it up.  :)   

4) Yeah, I know.. You're not the only Browns fan. 

5) Now we're getting to the crux of the matter Cal.. do you have kids? Daughters? Would you want them to get into the (sort of sleazy) Massage business?  FWIW, in Ohio there's a thing that you can apply for as a "Licensed Medical Massage Therapist".  I will bet you the RANCH (and then some) that NONE of the women Deshawn was seeing on multiple times held that designation. Go look at the other thread- why would said women want him as a repeat customer if he's asking them to do stuff they object to?  Yeah- he tips well.  Got it.  

6) No one here is denying that Watson made some bad decisions based on the $$$ he makes and his notoriety. But.. You're going to have to consider the source of the accusations. Those women don't make a ton of money, and um... just maybe they're a tad short in the morality department themselves.  Like I'll (blackmail) you Deshawn if you don't pay me $30,000?  

Does Miss Mona get a take out of this too?🤠

14 hours ago, Orion said:

.....during a game this season, we had a 3rd and 3 or 4.....we were losing a close game....the pass play rolled to the right....and there is Felton....all alone....a yard past the sticks....right in front of Baker....Baker looks right at him....and doesn't throw it.....instead he tried to run it so that he could get the first down all by himself.    And so we had to punt   And wound up losing the game.  But it was right at the end of that play when I crossed the threshold.  I thought that it was such a stupid thing to do that I lost a lot of respect for him.  

Then I noticed, on replays when they use that 'middle of the field' camera from behind the QB,  he'd have Njoku open on an underneath crossing pattern, and you could tell that Baker saw him, but then went off him to look for a bigger play, a deeper receiver.....and then wind up having nowhere to go with the ball.   I came to believe that Baker wants the play to be all about him.  How he fired that ball into a tight window for a good chunk gain.....and not 'threw it to a wide open Njoku' 7 or 8 yards downfield.

It is this kind of stuff that had me saying, all the way back when OBJ got himself off the team, Why did OBJ want off our team so badly?  I said I'd have loved to have been a fly on the wall in Berry's office when he discussed with OBJ how and why they were going to part ways.  Did OBJ just think that Baker was a not great, jerk QB?  Or was it Stefanski's offense of Chub, Hunt and TE's?  Or what percentage of both was it?  And it's why I've been asking, "What does OBJ think now that Baker's gone?"  (or at least, out of the picture)

Of course there's other things I'd love to know, like, How heavily was Berry into this trade?  Was Jimmuh that driving force?  Was Berry just marching along?  Or was he 100% on board like, "Hey Jimmy, if we wanna get in a superbowl then we're gonna have to have a QB that can compete with the AFC QB picture.  Let's do a Rams Jimmy and get Watson here". 

-  We know that Berry & Steph are excellent 'coach speakers'.   They're not going to give anybody a scoop.  They're going to avoid answering and you're going to get the politically correct response out of them.  And that's something that I like about them.  They're smart adults in the room.

I do remember that one - with Felton. But with a lack of a quality wr core - teams were playing close to the los knowing they don't have to have double coverage downfield much, and maybe they were baiting Mayfield to throw to Felton and they would just close in on him. There were times when Baker threw a shorter pass, and it didn't work. There were times he did not throw to Njoku - there were times he DID and Njoku simply dropped it in crucial situations. Hooper had dropped a few.... the wr group must be fixed no matter who the qb is.

If the Browns had decided to throw out Baker, ok, no problem, he isn't their guy. But to play him injured??? and spend THREE FIRST ROUND DRAFT PICKS on a controversial qb with serious legal problems?

The Browns figure they needed the drama,.... it may come back to make them the laughingstock in every "biggest stupid trade mistakes in NFL history".

It's just a collective annoyance of things, bad drafts early on, losing seasons, and now, when they were so close- they dump 3 first round draft picks draft and more on this fiasco? seriously? Again, if they wanted to trade Baker and draft a qb in the first round, I would have been fine with it - berry does great drafts. But THREE FIRST ROUND PICKS ? Saying goodbye to the top edge rusher/qb/wr/dl for THREE DRAFTS?

It's just a stupid move- including the sleazey qb they traded for. All I'm saying it, I'm disgusted by this move, and overall, recording every game and watching every game is now not important to me anymore. I probably won't record even one - I just have had it enough. It isn't worth my time. Just seems like it was an irresponsible in-your-face fans move to get more money from tv contracts.

I won't spend time doing my stupid mock drafts - no first round picks for THREE YEARS? yikes.

Playing Baker hurt, btw, is also a major part of it - that was worse than asswholish - it defies common sense.

We went out west for over two weeks tent camping - what an awesome adventure. Huge buffalo walking next to our car, etc etc etc. Need more of that - so many cool things for us to do. Watching the Browns on tv just isn't worth our time anymore. And buying tickets to go to games - don't care.

I just think my Browns balloon is deflated. I wish they had just drafted a qb in the first round and it would have been fine.Everyone sets their own priorities - it isn't much of a priority for me anymore, that's all, and we are having too much fun for me to make a "top 100" to figure out where the Browns stand. lol