THE BROWNS BOARD

Lesters and Such

Axe

Well, it appears there are a number of guitarists and musicians on the forum. I had no idea 🤘😆🤘

So I thought I'd start this thread so as not to derail important football threads in the Browns forum 😁

A thread to show off and talk about our Lesters (Les Pauls) and other instruments and equipment..

A couple of my Pauls and other single cuts.

No photo description available.

• Like 1

This a Strat that was made by someone out of various parts.. I swapped out the pickups because the ones on there were severely underwound and squelched too much.. The neck I believe is a Warmouth replacement Strat neck.. I'm guessing this guitar is about 30-40 years judging by the aging of the head stock.. I really dig this guitar... It plays better than guitars I've played that cost thousands... It plays and sounds like a dream... It has a SD Hot Rails in the back pos. And two single coil pickups I found laying in a box of parts... All 3 pickups sound great... The picture doesn't do justice to how beautiful the scratch plate really is. It had an old dirty tortoise colored scratch plate that looked butt ugly... I put an old pic next to it...

1005841083_PartsII.thumb.jpg.35f3be43f1fa455f971a01dcd3bb98f6.jpg1497587844_Parts201.thumb.jpg.ae034fea3145f6b947c9b30c1eea6eba.jpg

• Upvote 3

And those C3s from way back when.......even not in my Corvette Orange but still ........sweet  !

55f99c5d1a94089a94d95d5a9a0c1348-1 (1).jpg

• Like 1

But the new ones are nice and a real bargain compared to their closest competitors. 

The Chevrolet Corvette.......America's greatest  sports car  !

2022-corvette-1yc07-2lt-gkz-trimselector.png

A few sketches of the early C9 I'm not sure I like the direction The Chevrolet Corvette is going.

Electric-Corvette-2.jpg

Electric-Corvette-1.jpg

8 hours ago, mjp28 said:

A very nice assortment of your guitars. 

Thank You..

I gave the Agile on the far right to my grandson.

I've used the Blue Carvin CS3C beside it on many recordings. It now sports a set of Suhr Aldridge pickups

May be an image of guitar and outdoors

And back when it had a twin ;)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I heard great things about Agile... My friend Mike McGill has a couple... I'm sure you may have heard of him... He played in Beau Coup..

On 7/15/2022 at 4:05 PM, nickers said:

The picture doesn't do justice to how beautiful the scratch plate really is.

The pic does enough justice.  That pickguard woke up the guitar nicely.  And Warmouth makes nice necks.

Here's my Partscaster:  Warmouth roasted maple neck, Lace sensor gold pickups with a hot gold at the bridge, Wilkinson tremolo system, LSR Rollernut.  Van Gogh  :)

Van Gogh Stratocaster.png

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Orion said:

The pic does enough justice.  That pickguard woke up the guitar nicely.  And Warmouth makes nice necks.

Here's my Partscaster:  Warmouth roasted maple neck, Lace sensor gold pickups with a hot gold at the bridge, Wilkerson tremolo system, LSR Rollernut.  Van Gogh  :)

Awesome!

4 hours ago, mjp28 said:

The C8

All sharp, straight lines.  Inside and out.  Little to no sculpting.  It's like they gave the draftsman nothing but a pencil, paper and a ruler....and told him, You must use the ruler whenever using the pencil.  Again, it's not ruined...but it's not itself anymore.

3 minutes ago, Orion said:

All sharp, straight lines.  Inside and out.  Little to no sculpting.  It's like they gave the draftsman nothing but a pencil, paper and a ruler....and told him, You must use the ruler whenever using the pencil.  Again, it's not ruined...but it's not itself anymore.

And the C9 sketches that I saw were loosely based upon the  1963 split window coupe.  I knew a few guys that had the original,  one millwright i knew had one in mint condition he'd occasionally take it out to shows.

Once he was at a plaza car show, parked.............way........... away from most people.   But somehow an old lady managed to back up and into his '63 naturally he went ballistic.   I probably would too.

Oh I saw the C9 look ahead at a site called  cor V sport.  See the screenshot below.

Screenshot_2022-07-15_231202.jpg

14 hours ago, nickers said:

I heard great things about Agile... My friend Mike McGill has a couple... I'm sure you may have heard of him... He played in Beau Coup..

No, I hadn't..  Beau Coup was after I left NE Ohio and there was no internet in those days. 

I've owned a number of Agiles over the years.

A Rootbeer flame 3000

A couple old lawsuit models.. 2500s I believe. I should never have sold either one 😕

They were nice thick bodied Pauls

• Like 2

❤️     These guitar 🎸  pictures are like being in a music store.  My next door neighbor's son just closed his store in Boardman Ohio this year.

He did a lot of big time stuff over the past 20+ years and moved to Manhattan about 10 years ago.   He was the piano player,  arranger, teacher there and went on world tours as the piano player for Carol King and her Tapestry Tour in Europe and the states.

They were up for a Tony Award when his mom and dad went to Radio City for one of their many visits * to NYC..   He's worked with a lot of big stars there, he only planned on staying there for about 5 years then going to the Carolinas but he had too much work in NYC.  He just got married in NYC instead of Boardman Ohio and is staying there for now.

Junior (Michael M. Jr.) has a Gold passport pass .....not sure but the VIPs bypass the regular lines, etc. when they travel..... he uses it when. traveling through Europe  Even dad went to Europe for a few shows with Junior's travel miles.   Life in the fast lane.

Dad was telling me about motorcycle riding through Battery Park with a few stars, one was Mickey Dolenz of the Monkees who they used to hang around with. 

Junior's music career has taken off.....that's why he closed his store here.

Edited by mjp28
  • Like 1

A look ahead at the C9 Corvette and more like the undisclosed future electic Corvette.   The current C8 gas Corvette are here and will stay for now.

The future electric Corvette will be coming   "probably "  why it's so hard to find one now......at any price.   Now ........back to the future....... from the  corVette site.....

......Some time ago we moved the Corvette team into the EV space in Warren, Michigan, and when we revealed the new mid-engine Corvette, I said there would be “more to come.” This morning I sat down with Phil LeBeau of CNBC and finally answered the question I’ve been asked countless times.

Yes, in addition to the amazing new Chevrolet Corvette Z06 and other gas-powered variants coming, we will offer an electrified and a fully electric, Ultium-based Corvette in the future. In fact, we will offer an electrified Corvette as early as next year. Details and names to come at a later date.

In addition, we also announced today Ultium Platform’s energy recovery system, a patented onboard system that takes the heat generated by EV batteries and uses it to warm the cabin, create more efficient charging conditions, and even increase vehicle acceleration. And it can boost the vehicle’s range by about 10%. It’s a perfect example of how developing a ground-up EV platform like Ultium enables unique features not easily done with a retrofit.” -----> more at the  cor V ette site ----->

Here's a custom built I had. A buddy of mine holding it. He is the only person I know (real life, not interweb) who has a gold record in his studio that I've seen with my own eyes.

He received it for this album. Video from which was in heavy rotation on MTV back in the day.

Yeah, he and the blonde singer are the same guy

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Orion said:

Here's my Partscaster:  Warmouth roasted maple neck, Lace sensor gold pickups with a hot gold at the bridge, Wilkerson tremolo system, LSR Rollernut.  Van Gogh  :)

NICE!!

My 2014 AM Dlx Strat .. It started life with a HSS pup configuration. I put the mint green pickguard on with HS3s in it

• Like 1

My #1 Strat and my doit all Strat... ones a cheapie (#1) and the other is a Mexican Fender.. The fender has a Duncan P-rails hot pickup in the rear... Two cool rails in the single slots. #1 has a SH 6 Duncan Distortion in the rear.. Stock single in the middle... Cool rails on the neck...

1941421_10152296528069894_1623772951_o.jpg

1243607_10151855608889894_1147963208_o.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Axe said:

Good morning...

This is Blackie. Blackie will get a workout today 🤘😎🤘

That looks great.. I just can't stand Floyds... To me Floyds are overrated bunk... If you set stock whammies up the way Leo Fender intended... They stay in tune.. And you can dive bomb the crap out of'em...  I have done it... I laugh every time someone tries to sell me on Floyds... I just give them the bird...

• Thanks 1

Made in Japan.  Bo Didley designed it and had one made.  Down the road he gave it to Billy Gibbons who wouldn't use it on the road because it was a one-off.  He went to Gretsch and asked them to make it.  Comes with TV Jones pickups.

Billy-Bo - Lrg -  script - F.png

• Confused 1