THE BROWNS BOARD

●  SEA +3.5 at PIT ●  On our local CBS WKBN ■ -AND- 9 pm DAL at DEN on NFL Network, next ! ■

mjp28

The  2022  ● Hall of Fame Game ●  August 4, on  NBC  8 pm,  the JAX versus LVR.  Plus the other festivities.   Anyone going ?  Watching  ?

》》And  only    - 17 -    days until  the NFL  preseason kicks off on Thursday Night Football  at 8 pm.   Plus the other festivities like this year's enshrinees. 

This year's class includes five modern-era inductees, one senior inductee, one coach and one contributor. Modern-era inductees this year include: OT Tony Boselli, S LeRoy Butler, LB Sam Mills, DL Richard Seymour, and DT Bryant Young. These players will hold an eternal place in NFL history.Feb 11, 2022.  

★ SO the big question  is anyone here actually going ?  I checked for 2 tickets on July 16 and availability still many  from $132 to $324 section 110 row 3..   Reasonable  ?  No local teams playing. 

★ Next  SO  who's going to watch the game ?        All of it ?   Some of it ?   None of it ?    

Your questions and comments please.    :)

• mjp28 changed the title to ★ The  2022  ● Hall of Fame Game ●  August 4 on NBC at 8. JAX vs LVR.  Anyone going ?  Watching  ?

And I'm  NOT.  going to the game  in fact despite going to numerous sporting events and concerts over the years ive  NEVER. gone to a HOF game.   Maybe I should have tried one.  The ticket prices about right for 2022, I'd probably get better seats.

Plus I WILL. watch the game at least to see the HOF inductees.   Some of the games are dreadful 3rd and 4th quarter  preseason  games.  But with only 3 games they might be more worthwhile.   I think 4 was better to evaluate your talent.

I also  WILL  try to watch the induction ceremony.  At least the recaps.  Not the most exciting draw  BUT sometimes the speeches are good........sometimes. 

The new class of Enshrinees was just announced during “NFL Honors,” a two-hour primetime awards special that aired nationally (*already aired) on ABC with simulcasts on ESPN+ and NFL Network. The newest members of the Pro Football Hall of Fame are tackle TONY BOSELLI, wide receiver CLIFF BRANCH, safety LeROY BUTLER, official ART McNALLY, linebacker SAM MILLS, defensive end/defensive tackle RICHARD SEYMOUR, coach DICK VERMEIL and defensive tackle/defensive end BRYANT YOUNG.

Edited by mjp28

Question  :  Has anyone here been to a HOF Game either here or the old high school fields ?

I was at a lot of Stark  County football games in high school vs Canton McKinley,  Massillon,  ASVSJ, all of their stadiums with NILES MCKINLEY.   

Even a few concerts at the Old Rubber Bowl but ZERO HOF Games.   How were they ? Parking  ? Other amenities  ?

》》And  only    - 17 -    days until  the NFL  preseason kicks off on Thursday Night Football.   It will be here before you know it. 

And the newest   GAMEDAY   meals to go along with those tailgating parties.

8 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Question  :  Has anyone here been to a HOF Game either here or the old high school fields ?

I was at a lot of Stark  County football games in high school ve Canton McKinley,  Massillon,  ASVSJ, all of their stadiums with NILES MCKINLEY.   

Even a few concerts at the Old Rubber Bowl but ZERO HOF Games.   How were they ? Parking  ? Other amenities  ?

I’ve been to quite a few, as a matter of fact I used to be a volunteer back in the day.

it gave me the opportunity to meet a few of the HOFamers as well.

• Thanks 1

And speaking about football coming up soon The OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY Football  on September 3rd.   See the COLLEGE FORUM .

Nothing like getting right in the 2022 football schedule like Week 1 versus ND before the warmup games. 

Week 1, Sept. 3 vs. Notre Dame

Week 2, Sept. 10 vs. Arkansas State

Week 3, Sept. 17 vs. Toledo

• 3 weeks later...

Well Guardians / HOF Game  two TV special of sorts.  

HOU  6-0 bottom of the 8th.  I think I've been watching this slow motion beat down -and- the NFL HOF Game tonight.  LVR 13-0 late second if anyone's interested.   Verlander in control,  Guardians can't hit or score. 

Might play some chess later.   GO GUARDIANS  !   Go hit something. 

Updated  LVR 20-0 halftime.  Will watch the inductees.  And the pregame  introductions were nice I liked Dick Vermeil.....he hasn't changed much at all.

AND  If you haven't been watching this very young Guardians team is playing over their heads,   Tito Francona is a good or great second half manager the best in the game.  Stop by once in awhile.    ;)

I went to the HOF game last night, and came away with the following:

1) Travon Walker looked good, I’m not sure if the Jags defensive line is that good or the Raiders offensive line is that bad.

2) Glad to see Luke Farrell (tOSU TE) being targeted and producing at the Pro level.

3) Not much positive to say about the Jags other than their punter Logan Cooke punted quite well…after all it is preseason.

I have to say, I felt a bit nostalgic seeing Josh McDaniels in the same stadium that he and his brother and father won a couple of state titles in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Turned the game on late & missed nothing due to a rain delay.. Saw up to the Jags punt returner getting robbed of a TD return by a refs preseason flag 🤗 end 3rd Qrt.

I was so glad to see the Guardian caps were not part of it ..

Don’t be shocked if the #Browns are playing in the HOF game in 2023 with it being Joe Thomas’s induction year.  💪

Three things:

1. I was totally jealous of all that rain since we have had only an inch in the past 3 1/2 months. Haven't even seen a rain cloud other than that one time back in early May.

2. Raiders will be decent now that they have a good number of quality RBs.

3. Verlander is for real. Guardians were never a threat to put up significant scoring. He made Cleveland look like the minors.

4 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Verlander is for real. Guardians were never a threat to put up significant scoring. He made Cleveland look like the minors.

Verlander has faced the Indians/Guardians more than any other team.

He looked great last night, but his career against Cleveland is 22 W’s and 24 L’s.

Also as a side note, it’s good that they sell beer at the HOF games now.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

I went to the HOF game last night, and came away with the following:

1) Travon Walker looked good, I’m not sure if the Jags defensive line is that good or the Raiders offensive line is that bad.

2) Glad to see Luke Farrell (tOSU TE) being targeted and producing at the Pro level.

3) Not much positive to say about the Jags other than their punter Logan Cooke punted quite well…after all it is preseason.

I have to say, I felt a bit nostalgic seeing Josh McDaniels in the same stadium that he and his brother and father won a couple of state titles in.

Sounds nice especially for the McDaniels family some coming home party for them  together with the HOF festivities. 

I accidentally caught the 4th quarter of  the game when I tuned into what I thought was going to be the 11o'clock news, but... Surprise!!! :D

The stands looked 1\2 empty, but if there was a rain delay deluge, understandable if some folks headed for the exits early. 

• Upvote 1

On 7/17/2022 at 4:16 PM, mjp28 said:

Not the most exciting draw  BUT sometimes the speeches are good........sometimes. 

linebacker SAM MILLS

I don't think a lot of Browns fans may remember? But, LB Sam Mills was cut from the Browns in 1981 when Sam Rutigliano was coaching him as a UDFA ...

Sam Mills was a 5' 9.75" MLB of a brick-house.. after Sam was cut in Cleveland he played 4 years in the USFL.. Playing with the Saints & Panthers puts Sam in the Hall this weekend..

Sadly 🙏 Sam Mills passed of cancer at age 45 in 2005..  His statue & "Keep Pounding" was the Panthers way of saying thanks..

If any get a free hour? Sam Mills/ A Football Life has just ended on the NFL network..  That was a excellent watch !  worth a youtube

RIP Sam Mills.       Congrats HOF'er ! 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, gumby73 said:

I don't think a lot of Browns fans may remember? But, LB Sam Mills was cut from the Browns in 1981 when Sam Rutigliano was coaching him as a UDFA ...

Sam Mills was a 5' 9.75" MLB of a brick-house.. after Sam was cut in Cleveland he played 4 years in the USFL.. Playing with the Saints & Panthers puts Sam in the Hall this weekend..

Sadly 🙏 Sam Mills passed of cancer at age 45 in 2005..  His statue & "Keep Pounding" was the Panthers way of saying thanks..

If any get a free hour? Sam Mills/ A Football Life has just ended on the NFL network..  That was a excellent watch !  worth a youtube

RIP Sam Mills.       Congrats HOF'er ! 

Yes Sam Mills he's too short to play MLB or any LB.  Some HOF interviews and speeches are OK, some good but then there are the exceptional ones that you remember. 

Sam Mills was just good enough to play well in the NFL no doubt.   That's why I try to get as much as I can to hear and see a Dick Vermeil another exceptional coach.

And to close out this year’s HOF festivities, Saturday night’s concert at Tom Benson Stadium we had Donny Iris open for Journey.

What I found amazing was how Donny Iris has aged (not looking too bad for 79 years of age).

2880FE32-A471-49DC-9FF4-EB7A422FA1CC.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

And to close out this year’s HOF festivities, Saturday night’s concert at Tom Benson Stadium we had Donny Iris open for Journey.

What I found amazing was how Donny Iris has aged (not looking too bad for 79 years of age).

2880FE32-A471-49DC-9FF4-EB7A422FA1CC.jpeg

How cool for the closing act. ^^^^^.  

• Haha 1

●  SEA +3.5 at PIT ●  On our local CBS TV 27 WKBN in Youngstown.   The local for all three Cleveland BROWNS games is WYTV TV 33.

Believe it or not these preseason games have odds on them.  From our friends at vegasinsider.com

JAX -1.5 at home over CLE (W easy).     ATL +1.5 at CIN.     SEA +3.5 at PIT.   -and-   TEN +3.5 at BAL

Now it feels (something)  like football.     

■~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~■~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~■

9 pm DAL at  DEN on the NFL Network !       And a guy gets hurt on the first play.  Oh well penalties and injuries in preseason games.        

• mjp28 changed the title to ●  SEA +3.5 at PIT ●  On our local CBS TV 27 WKBN in Youngstown on now.

PIT 7-0 in the late 1st, pass from Mitch......uh-oh Mason fumbles (strip pass) on 1st play.

Nevertheless PIT 14-0 TD pass. Rudolph to Perkins.

14-3,  I'm doing some channel surfing.    

9 pm to 12 pm - NFL Network Dallas Cowboys  at  Denver Broncos.

7 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

14-3,  I'm doing some channel surfing.    

9 pm to 12 pm - NFL Network Dallas Cowboys  at  Denver Broncos.

SEA 0-4 on 3rd down.   PIT 17-9 ..... I'm pretty much out of here.....   Will see beginning of the next game.    

• mjp28 changed the title to ●  SEA +3.5 at PIT ●  On our local CBS WKBN ■ -AND- 9 pm DAL at DEN on NFL Network, next ! ■

■~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~■~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~■

9 pm DAL at  DEN on the NFL Network !       And a guy gets hurt on the first play.  Oh well penalties and injuries in preseason games.        

DEN punts, DAL throws an INT next. Under review  ?  Oh now DAL punts 2 plays wiped out during an interview.  What a start.

PIT 32 SEA 25 in OT....now SEA's turn.  PIT 32-25 Final.

DEN 7 DAL O in the 2nd.  I'm going back to my recipes,  one ready to email  -then- I'm gonna play some chess tonight.   Good evening guys and gals. 

• Like 1

On 8/13/2022 at 9:51 PM, Orion said:

My 6 & 8 yr old grandsons were over, we watched a while, I told them, "I don't like that #30 RB for the Steelers.  He's too good."  :)

Saturday was my grandsons 6th birthday..(we had a large inflatable Wipeout great time) Yours truly as Grandpa, gifted Ryder his Birthday theme of seeing his 1st NFL game with Tickets..

original_a5423874-a707-4342-8cbe-8711a6627ed4_IMG_20220813_154654215.thumb.jpg.9cd0d347ad165cf55cc33493445a8505.jpg

My converted Carolina stud will be ready for week 1..       💪
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3