THE BROWNS BOARD

Winfrey

Westside Steve

Too bad.  Obviously the guy is gonna be a problem down the road, since he is one already.  Starting out one's career in the coach's doghouse is not a brilliant career move.

• Upvote 1

There's still no reason to not* like Winfrey.   DBN throws out a half cocked idea that really doesn't stick.  Then again, most of what they post is garbage anyway.   Further sense not made in that PWs total contact worth is 200k higher than the example being used. Offset language has been a point of contention in the past. You could argue that is every bit as relevant, correct or not.  

1 hour ago, Orion said:

Too bad.  Obviously the guy is gonna be a problem down the road, since he is one already.  Starting out one's career in the coach's doghouse is not a brilliant career move.

"This is a guy we're really excited about," Kiffin said in a “Browns Breakdowns” video. "We're excited to get him in the building. He's a scheme fit for us … He's going to bring a lot of energy, and he wants to work when he's out there." 

- His Dline coach. 

There is zero evidence backing up either of your claims. Actually it speaks to quite the opposite.  So best to measure words a bit more carefully. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

There is zero evidence backing up either of your claims. Actually it speaks to quite the opposite.

So far he reminds me of that tall CB Pettine drafted.  He held out.  And sucked.   A 4th rounder holding out?  Really?  What's he want?  Guaranteed money?  

Hey, look, we need him to be good.  The position room needs a couple of guys to be good.  But so far, I'm unimpressed.

• Upvote 1

He didn't hold out, training hasn't started yet. The 1st issue was that picks ahead of him were not signed and then some picks before him were getting more money then the alloted spot, so they had to work that out. Nothing about this guy is a hold out, he went to all the required camps and has done nothing but be a dawg. Will he be good, Noone knows.

• Thanks 2

14 hours ago, Orion said:

Too bad.  Obviously the guy is gonna be a problem down the road, since he is one already.  Starting out one's career in the coach's doghouse is not a brilliant career move.   *The only ONE of nine drafted players in Cleveland. 

Yes,  * especially in this day of the NFLPA guidelines for drafted players in the NFL.  And not only in Cleveland I guess. 

........Items is a bit rare for players to still be unsigned as teams get ready for the start of training camp given that the current Collective Bargaining Agreement between the league and NFLPA has some pretty clear language in it spelling out how much rookies are paid based on where they were selected in the draft.

And the Browns are not the only ones currently in this situation as there are 18 other players across 12 other teams still haggling over their initial contract, with the most notable being linebacker David Ojabo and the Baltimore Ravens, quarterback Matt Corral of the Carolina Panthers, wide receiver Christian Watson and the Green Bay Packers, and quarterback Malik Willis of the Tennessee Titans. ..........

Real Good news of the Day.. (agents doing agent things)

I like our odds of having 2 horses coming out of this draft class... P.Winfrey and Cade York  

I'm excited our d-line coach returned passing on his own brothers (Lane Kiffin) college team, to return to pro coaching...P. Winfrey is a fast/big wingspan 3 tech that comes with pro coach-able techs already.. 

How can ya pass on not getting Suh or Shelton Richardson to play 1 tech to match this rookies excited mindset?    Now's not the time to be saving 8-9M in cap space..

It's Go Time! 

On 7/21/2022 at 9:16 AM, tiamat63 said:

There's still no reason to not* like Winfrey.   DBN throws out a half cocked idea that really doesn't stick.  Then again, most of what they post is garbage anyway.   Further sense not made in that PWs total contact worth is 200k higher than the example being used. Offset language has been a point of contention in the past. You could argue that is every bit as relevant, correct or not.  

Their newest speculation is that the Browns might bring back Sheldon Richardson. 

25 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Feels rather redundant, why would I sacrifice my reps for Winfrey and Togiai in exchange for SR?

Agreed.. Richardson has seen better days well behind him...

2 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Feels rather redundant, why would I sacrifice my reps for Winfrey and Togiai in exchange for SR?

Because they are tired of coming up with Deshaun Watson stories? 😁

I'd be all for more depth at the DTackle spot, but not sure how he played last season. 

• Haha 1

Richardson played well for us.  And he played to a high level while he was hurt.  He played hurt.....and played well.  What he can do in the present, I don't know.  But I've got the utmost respect for that football player.  

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Good Point ! 

Because J. Elliott & Taven Bryan are labeled as our two DT starters... 🤔 We paid T.Bryan 4M/1 year... Shelton ended up going back to play with Zimmer at Vikings in 21 for 3.5M... 🥲 

Shelton produced more under a Joe Woods defense in 2 years.. than 2 years with Zim at the Vikings.. SR also played in all 17 games last season, but only started 7 games with less in snap counts..     Why not Us?    

On 7/21/2022 at 10:13 PM, gumby73 said:

Real Good news of the Day.. (agents doing agent things)

I like our odds of having 2 horses coming out of this draft class... P.Winfrey and Cade York  

I'm excited our d-line coach returned passing on his own brothers (Lane Kiffin) college team, to return to pro coaching...P. Winfrey is a fast/big wingspan 3 tech that comes with pro coach-able techs already.. 

How can ya pass on not getting Suh or Shelton Richardson to play 1 tech to match this rookies excited mindset?    Now's not the time to be saving 8-9M in cap space..

It's Go Time! 

I think we will have more than that.  I would include Emmerson and Ford.

I guess it depends on what you mean by "horse", but I think all 4 can be starting players, even if not this year.  York is a sure starter this year for obvious reasons, and Winfrey will be given every opportunity to fill that role.  The other will have to build in to that and wait their turn so to speak due the depth at the positions they play.

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

Good Point ! 

Because J. Elliott & Taven Bryan are labeled as our two DT starters... 🤔 We paid T.Bryan 4M/1 year... Shelton ended up going back to play with Zimmer at Vikings in 21 for 3.5M... 🥲 

Shelton produced more under a Joe Woods defense in 2 years.. than 2 years with Zim at the Vikings.. SR also played in all 17 games last season, but only started 7 games with less in snap counts..     Why not Us?    

I already have young 3-techs, including my rookie favorite whom I gave some insight to in the prospects thread, that can come in and not play on a pitch count.   So why would I bring in a vet and then have to handle his snaps if I know he won't be so head and shoulders above the rest?   More importantly, Sheldon still doesn't solve the issue at Nose.  

If we bring in a vet DT, it probably won't be until after camp opens, and maybe a couple of the pre-season game.  I think we will want to see what happens once the pads go on.

1 hour ago, ballpeen said:

If we bring in a vet DT, it probably won't be until after camp opens, and maybe a couple of the pre-season game.  I think we will want to see what happens once the pads go on.

Oprah Winfrey ?

No seriously I kind of have the same vib on this 2022 team and coaches and FO.  Wait and see how things break out including  " the suspension " and then put the 53 together.....albeit maybe hastily before September 11 maybe against their former quarterback. 

Nothing like a little more drama... eh ?

And you never know who is going to be cut or waived in hopes of making a teams practice squad.  There are a lot of players we have wanted to draft who didn't make it to our pick.  When those guys pop up on the waiver wire, it has to get a double take from people in the front office.

• Thanks 1