THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns sign Rosen

Browns149

13 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

sorry, you can ask Flugels - it's a old thing.....

No, you are a big boy, you can explain to everyone why you write like you are a four year old who has suffered a stroke. 

Edit: Or you can just show us the PMs between you and Flugels, since it is obvious reading his post that he is getting a lot of his talking points from you. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

sorry, you can ask Flugels - it's a old thing.....

OK I will and I will consider this whole thing as over   -and-   a good Sunday morning to everyone. 🌞 

----------  ❤️----------

And only.   -11-   days. until the HOF game and more importantly.  -18-   days until somebody will wear a BROWNS uniform under center in JAX as the starting quarterback for real and who out of the might that be ? 

Not Rosen, and check ✔️  out those seat prices for P1, I saw $20 on StubHub.  Really?

No big rush to see who and versus PHI on NFLN on P2 at CLE.  Tickets Starting at  $8.82 ?  I  saw $7 on StubHub for P2,  Real high school prices.   

Oh God to finish this out I saw a bunch on P3 also on StubHub at $6 real junior high school prices. 

I can't wait to see what hotdogs are,  2 for  $5 ?       :lol:

Preseason

WK DATE OPP TIME TV VENUE BUY TICKETS
1 Aug 12, 2022 @ TIAA Bank Field
2 Aug 21, 2022 vs
NFLN
FirstEnergy Stadium
3 Aug 27, 2022 vs

FirstEnergy Stadium
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, hoorta said:

Feeling all butt hurt and paranoid Cal?  Really, I've had about enough of your bullshit...  There's a difference between rational disagreement, and continuing to beat a dead horse that's rotting and smelling with illogic and spinning... Mainly because you can't admit (like someone else you worship) you can never admit you're wrong...  For the record, you can't even recognize when other posters here are getting quite a laugh out of you diving into a rabbit hole with football POVs that have been debunked- multiple times... Reality hurts sometimes.. You should try it for a change. So keep on keeping on... 

Yeah, you guessed right about Allen, now STFU about it...  

8 hours ago was 12:30 am when you posted the angriest reply in the thread so spare us the lecture on rational and being paranoid.  

Just because you're a mod, doesn't give you the right to bait and bully guys just so you can Barney Fife up a suspension.  When you show up late after the wine tasting parties and hit up the Political Board thinking you're bringing the magical argument that has the difference of opinion suddenly saying "Hoorta really makes sense tonight" - is that rational Larry?  You know that's not possible so why are you there at all?  Show me 1 person on the right or left on opinionated message boards that has the ability to give 1 inch to the other side of political debate. You can't so you go there to bait and suspend?  Is that why Axe couldn't post in here?

I've known and enjoyed you since 98; but this is wrong.  Cal took a lot of shit for being the only guy that predicted Josh Allen was the best QB in his draft class and you know that.  He always announces he's not a football expert all the time and you know that.  You also know you're going to get a chorus of approval mostly from guys that dislike Cal from the political board and 1 or 2 others that have their reason for   Whatever!  He's also been with us since 98 and you didn't hate him back then.  

The PROBLEM I see with the political board is the divide it creates in there spills over into here.  We've even talked about this Larry. You can pretend otherwise; but look how angry you are.  I also think if you're going to be a mod - you lose your right to suspend people you bait when you reply to them the way you did above at the hour you felt it was appropriate to do so.  What the Hell did he do to you in this thread by reminding all those including me that gave him shit about Allen?  Nothing that deserved the reply you gave him. 

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, Flugel said:

I've known and enjoyed you since 98; but this is wrong.  Cal took a lot of shit for being the only guy that predicted Josh Allen was the best QB in his draft class and you know that.  He always announces he's not a football expert all the time and you know that. 

I'll stop you and this conversation right here.    Nobody really gave a shit about Cal backing Josh Allen.  Sure, on tape at the time, it looked REALLY dumb.   But it is what it is.    The issue I and several others took about it was Cal's way of handling himself, which is generally the theme when you run into him.    The man has a complete inability to say his piece, do so rationally, then let the results play out.      He has to reach for dumb cliche's and things that make little to no sense, and then bash you over the head with it.

Thread after thread, link after link.  1, 2,3,4,5...etc etc posts in a row, almost like the man is having a conversation with himself.   Following it with the tenacity of a true sociopath.   This is a guy that has all but renounced the Browns, but can't walk away from talking about it. The guys has hundreds of empty, unanswered threads on this board.    Does that sound normal to you? 

I had no problem with him not liking Rosen.  But instead of pointing it out in X's and O's, he went the creepy uncle route.  Posting pictures of Rosen with his girlfriend, asking why he dated a girl at a different school and somehow used that as a segway into "LeAdErShIp".   So... yeah, naturally and deservedly so he caught shit for that.

I do recall also pointing out that the two things Cal loved most about Josh Allen, his size and big arm, were about the most invaluable traits at the time.  Especially when you considered CLE had tried that with Brady Quinn, Derek Anderson, Charlie Frye.  I even went as far as the Bills drafting JP Losman and EJ Manuel to help further that point.  At any time had there been a "Well I love his physical gifts and his eyes are very raw", then just left the Rosen thing along, you wouldn't have heard much of a peep.   It isn't so much what we say, but how we go about saying it.    

You are welcomed to go back and watch Allen's decision making, it was REAL bad.   The product that he is now is a testament to Josh's work ethic, the Bills coaching staff, and most of all their patience.   Why patience? Because for his first 2.5 seasons in the NFL, Josh Allen was arguably one of the very worst QB's in the league.    This organization has run young QB's out of town in lesser time than that. 

However you know what you didn't hear during that first 2.5 seasons? Cal...      not a god damn word.     He was more than willing, like so many others that didn't mention it, to not bring it up.    It's not like we're the ones doing the drafting anyway.      But Holy Hell, once Josh started to look pretty competent, you couldn't not* get Cal to mention it.   You could have been talking about something completely unrelated to football - the economy, and the man would have spun it into "You know who else is working in this economy? Josh Allen"       Showing a bit of humility can be endearing.

It's over the top, beyond annoying and repetitive.     Of course in my time on this board before I truly joined the conversation, I do remember the man saying Weeden looked "elite" (That was Cal one of the few times he went to training camp, I believe?) and Johnny Manziel had the "it factor".        So when your record is  1-2, it's often indicative of one's temperament to show a little humility.

When someone acts a fool... LOUDLY, then is asked to quiet down a bit, that person isn't some victim.  

Look at the reaction I received to the work I put in to better understand Baker's struggles.    I wasn't even given a measure of respectable input back from that crowd.  No film work, no route concepts, no studies, nothing of originality to speak of.   Just links, links, links that went no where and a few more links on top of that.   No engagement, no "hey, you make a compelling point, I'm going to think about this".

I mean, have you seen me ever jump on here to post threads about players people disagreed with 2+ years later?  Rhetorical, I've never done it once.    

Riffer X alluded to it, but you'll notice a good deal of quality posters really don't show up here anymore.   I've been here much more infrequently the last 6 months, I expect that trend to continue.  When I get nothing back worth the time it takes to read, when no ground is made up that stirs intelligent conversation, then I'm wasting my own time.   And I don't have the patience for that anymore, which is probably why my ignore list feels like half the board at this point.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

Riffer X alluded to it, but you'll notice a good deal of quality posters really don't show up here anymore.   I've been here much more infrequently the last 6 months, I expect that trend to continue.  When I get nothing back worth the time it takes to read, when no ground is made up that stirs intelligent conversation, then I'm wasting my own time.   And I don't have the patience for that anymore, which is probably why my ignore list feels like half the board at this point.

Actually I do in fact enjoy immensely reading through the details of your analyses including the pictorial illustrations almost frame by frame to go with them. There is rarely anything I disagree with. Plus I don't have the computer skills to locate and analyze the way that you do, so it's a wash for me to even attempt such a thing either in agreement or (rarely) disagreement. Not trying to just butter you up, but an honest hope that you continue to do what you do here even though it obviously takes up a lot of your time. And I don't think I'm the only one who can relate to what I said.

As to cal well you just have to tolerate the redundant superfluous verbal drivel and take it for what it's worth., a one-sided conversation with himself with multiple run-on one-sided links to read/prove to himself alone the thoughts set in concrete that no one can penetrate with rationality.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

I do remember the man saying Weeden looked "elite" (That was Cal one of the few times he went to training camp, I believe?) and Johnny Manziel had the "it factor".   

Oh, self-appointed darth vader of the BB, please STFU. Here I thought you were done with the gang-up on hoorta hate-objects. My bad. You can ask others who aren't in your click - I was against jm on day one. Had ZERO use for him. And weeden? For one, Canton Mike and I talked about manziel a lot. We laughed, but I had no desire for him to be drafted.

And Weeden? haha. liar. I went back and searched - 14 results - and my last mention of him was in 2014. Weeden was drafted in 2012.

But thanks for showing you what you are - a giant ego that pompously butts in to protect his imaginary monumental superiority.

First time I disagreed with you on one of several points, you lost it, and a few groupies piled on.

People have left this board because of the alpha maie hostility around here. Everybody on this board can see that I haven't said one contrary thing to you for a long while. So, it's on you. I haven't posted all that much - but the watson saga - a disaster - and the fact that the browns signed rosen - I mean, when I read the title of thread, I LOL because I thought it was just a funny joke. Then I realized that it was real, I REALLY LOL.

So, since you jumped in -

here is why you are so mad. ....just so the entire forum can see it:

(I only have listed several - there are many more:

tiamat63 replied to Tour2ma's topic in THE BROWNS BOARD
...I think he would win a head to head QB battle as a rookie over any of those guys not name Rosen .

April 16, 2018

Taking anyone other than Rosen is just making life harder on yourself than it has to be.
    April 14, 2018**********************

tiamat63 replied to The Gipper's topic in THE BROWNS BOARD
    ... Rosen , then BPA at 4 unless the trade down is minor and they can secure Ward a few pics later. Also Benkert mid/late round would be hot.

tiamat63 replied to Westside Steve's topic in THE BROWNS BOARD

Of course you could go for a QB that emulates TT but I feel like if you go away from Rosen you lose your chance to unlock the full potential of Landry in this offense with his work on the shallow, intermediate and middle of the field game that TT and Mayfield aren't known for.
    April 10, 2018 ******************************

tiamat63 replied to calfoxwc's topic in THE BROWNS BOARD
...So to see Rosen slip to 10 and potentially watch him bloom would hurt my heart.

May 24, 2018
...I think he would win a head to head QB battle as a rookie over any of those guys not name Rosen .

April 16, 2018
...Bradley is my 2nd favorite player right behind Rosen .
 tiamat63 replied to Orion's topic in THE BROWNS BOARD
...That player is Rosen .

February 26, 2018
 tiamat63 replied to tiamat63's topic in THE BROWNS BOARD
Saw more from Rosen in one play alone than I've seen from Mayfield in 2 & 1/2 games. @2:44. Honestly, just watch. You have to appreciate all you just saw on this play. Downfield vision, poise, pocket presence and awareness then finally, identifying and delivering.

March 20, 2018
...evidence does tend to point towards Rosen mechanically and mentally.

March 12, 2018
 tiamat63 replied to darren15's topic in THE BROWNS BOARD
Bring on Rosen and benkert.

March 9, 2018
 tiamat63 replied to TexasAg1969's topic in THE BROWNS BOARD
...Overall would be Rosen , health permitting. Ward is my #1 Boundary CB.

March 4, 2018

...I don't support Rosen because of his "stats". I back the kid because he's flashed high level traits and moments in nearly every game I've watched that would point to a quality NFL starter.

February 26, 2018

I had no problem with him not liking Rosen.  But instead of pointing it out in X's and O's, he went the creepy uncle route.  Posting pictures of Rosen with his girlfriend, asking why he dated a girl at a different school and somehow used that as a segway into "LeAdErShIp".   So... yeah, naturally and deservedly so he caught shit for that.

That is dishonest - josh rosen admitted he had "trouble with women" on the UCLA campus - in explaining the picture of his girlfriend from Arizona, them in the hottub.

It was just a funny extension of a conversion - but you have no sense of humor.

18 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

In other words Cal was right and it pisses you off? Anyway pictures of Rosen without his shirt on, let's just say  didn't fit the image of an NFL quarterback.

WSS

Oooohh!

Rosen.thumb.png.a4f1644362f3274b967db32a85af9137.png

3 minutes ago, Riffer X said:

Oooohh!

Rosen.thumb.png.a4f1644362f3274b967db32a85af9137.png

LOL. Actually, I wonder if there has been any other qb in college who also had a jacuzzi in their dorm room:

maybe.......Joe Namath?  Dan Fouts? Maybe not one?

11 hours ago, hoorta said:

Yeah, you guessed right about Allen, now STFU about it...  

And if Cal ends up being right about Baker Mayfield as well?

Your battles with him were epic.

Not a Mayfield fan, but maybe I'll root for him to do well just to watch your head explode! LOL

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Riffer X said:

Just look at that smile.

EGAD, I can't even quote those pictures.  LOL

OMG. LOL. egad -

• Haha 1

Seriously, I have no issues with signing Rosen, but I think Browns fans collectively are sleeping on Brissett. I went back and watched 4 of his starts from last year and really liked what I saw. Very hard to sack, is decisive and can make all the throws along with the ability to move the chains with his feet. He whiffs here and there like everybody else. but I'm not too concerned with having to play Jacoby. 

I think where the Browns are concerned is only having Dobbs to back up Brissett. They will need someone who can learn and be able to run the system if called upon should Brissett go down (all assuming Watson gets some sort of suspension of course). Whether Dobbs or Rosen would be next up will be determined by their performance in camp. They also need camp arms, and I don't think they are worried about developmental arms right now, just guys that can practice and play if called upon. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, FY56 said:

And if Cal ends up being right about Baker Mayfield as well?

Your battles with him were epic.

Not a Mayfield fan, but maybe I'll root for him to do well just to watch your head explode! LOL

It's interesting how much you know about something that happened well before you joined this site, a little over three months ago. It's also interesting how you have a rooting interest in this fight, considering most of it happened well before you joined this site. It's also interesting how a site named THE BROWNS BOARD keeps getting new members whose first priority is the board's poli-board. 

Sorry to go off topic, everyone please continue posting shirtless pics of guys. 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Riffer X said:

Seriously, I have no issues with signing Rosen, but I think Browns fans collectively are sleeping on Brissett. I went back and watched 4 of his starts from last year and really liked what I saw. Very hard to sack, is decisive and can make all the throws along with the ability to move the chains with his feet. He whiffs here and there like everybody else. but I'm not too concerned with having to play Jacoby. 

I think where the Browns are concerned is only having Dobbs to back up Brissett. They will need someone who can learn and be able to run the system if called upon should Brissett go down (all assuming Watson gets some sort of suspension of course). Whether Dobbs or Rosen would be next up will be determined by their performance in camp. They also need camp arms, and I don't think they are worried about developmental arms right now, just guys that can practice and play if called upon. 

Very good post. 

I hope you are right about Brissett, for the 4, 6, 8 or whatever amount of games he's suspended. There's a reason he's not a starter, but hopefully he can game manage the team through some 20-17 wins, and the run game and defense can carry the team until Watson plays. 

I think Dobbs and Rosen are extra arms - like baseball teams have early in Spring Training. Basically, the football version of Spring Training non-roster invites. Hell, it wouldn't even shock me if Brissett takes a seat to someone not even on the roster yet. This current front office has shown that they do not hesitate to upgrade the roster if they think they can. 

• Upvote 1

I am glad to see everyone here venting all of their personal feelings,  opinions and more NOW at one time in ONE thread.

This is an open forum of members The BROWNS BOARD  a private group with some rules and guidelines to go by NOT a public place where anyone can say anything   they want.   We are united around our team the Cleveland Browns  but we invite other NFL fans to share their opinions  within certain guidelines .   

forum

noun
  1. 1.
    a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged. (for example) 
    "it will be a forum for consumers  to exchange their views on medical research"  Here it would be BROWNS football,  sports or any number of our other forums.

2. 2.
    NORTH AMERICAN
    a court or tribunal.  <---  Well that would be Steve and his staff that try to steer this ship.

So let's exchange our opinions and ideas and go about our interests in the upcoming games and all of the other forums offered here.   

Thank you,   Michael   "mjp".
Edited by mjp28

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

Oh, self-appointed darth vader of the BB, please STFU. Here I thought you were done with the gang-up on hoorta hate-objects. My bad. You can ask others who aren't in your click - I was against jm on day one. Had ZERO use for him. And weeden? For one, Canton Mike and I talked about manziel a lot. We laughed, but I had no desire for him to be drafted.

And Weeden? haha. liar. I went back and searched - 14 results - and my last mention of him was in 2014. Weeden was drafted in 2012.

But thanks for showing you what you are - a giant ego that pompously butts in to protect his imaginary monumental superiority.

First time I disagreed with you on one of several points, you lost it, and a few groupies piled on.

People have left this board because of the alpha maie hostility around here. Everybody on this board can see that I haven't said one contrary thing to you for a long while. So, it's on you. I haven't posted all that much - but the watson saga - a disaster - and the fact that the browns signed rosen - I mean, when I read the title of thread, I LOL because I thought it was just a funny joke. Then I realized that it was real, I REALLY LOL.

So, since you jumped in -

here is why you are so mad. ....just so the entire forum can see it:

(I only have listed several - there are many more:

April 16, 2018

Taking anyone other than Rosen is just making life harder on yourself than it has to be.
    April 14, 2018**********************

tiamat63 replied to The Gipper's topic in THE BROWNS BOARD
    ... Rosen , then BPA at 4 unless the trade down is minor and they can secure Ward a few pics later. Also Benkert mid/late round would be hot.

tiamat63 replied to Westside Steve's topic in THE BROWNS BOARD

Of course you could go for a QB that emulates TT but I feel like if you go away from Rosen you lose your chance to unlock the full potential of Landry in this offense with his work on the shallow, intermediate and middle of the field game that TT and Mayfield aren't known for.
    April 10, 2018 ******************************

tiamat63 replied to calfoxwc's topic in THE BROWNS BOARD
...So to see Rosen slip to 10 and potentially watch him bloom would hurt my heart.

May 24, 2018

April 16, 2018
...Bradley is my 2nd favorite player right behind Rosen .
...That player is Rosen .

February 26, 2018
 tiamat63 replied to tiamat63's topic in THE BROWNS BOARD
Saw more from Rosen in one play alone than I've seen from Mayfield in 2 & 1/2 games. @2:44. Honestly, just watch. You have to appreciate all you just saw on this play. Downfield vision, poise, pocket presence and awareness then finally, identifying and delivering.

March 20, 2018
...evidence does tend to point towards Rosen mechanically and mentally.

March 12, 2018
 tiamat63 replied to darren15's topic in THE BROWNS BOARD
Bring on Rosen and benkert.

March 9, 2018
 tiamat63 replied to TexasAg1969's topic in THE BROWNS BOARD
...Overall would be Rosen , health permitting. Ward is my #1 Boundary CB.

March 4, 2018

...I don't support Rosen because of his "stats". I back the kid because he's flashed high level traits and moments in nearly every game I've watched that would point to a quality NFL starter.

February 26, 2018

Hey Cal,  some research you've done  -but- a bit much here.

And I will make comments or PM people about their views from time to time.  Cal and I have been friends for my 6 years here although we do disagree on a few issues mainly political in nature.

But you can state your ideas and move on.  I'm sure Cal would agree with me on that.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Riffer X said:

Just look at that smile.

1861503337_Queen2.png.d6941855b34ef92ba592d8abdc0c463d.png

2029066993_Queen4.png.c1d70e76994ae869a5fc1a0bcb3b523b.png

Stoic & Wet Brady

1548796882_Queen5.png.eebe445dc952987787ee96ffcec92d74.png

Just look at that totally ripped throwing motion

552768136_Queen1.png.7a519c2f7fa18df4215e3880c69ea52e.png

A little flexin' with his bois

626286559_Queen3.png.3a5070472cafd187ddb05fa195bf64af.png

835176632_Queen3(2).png.f2520c24c44953d34cdacc6f5f30cee2.png

Hey Riffer, this spread looks like it's right out of a gay boys magazine......or is that just me.

Moving right along.    :lol:

30 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I think Dobbs and Rosen are extra arms -

I agree more with Riffer on that.  I think they're looking for more than just 'extra arms'.  They're looking for someone who can start in case Brissette gets hurt.  They'll worry about a developmental diamond in the rough some other time.

11 minutes ago, Orion said:

I agree more with Riffer on that.  I think they're looking for more than just 'extra arms'.  They're looking for someone who can start in case Brissette gets hurt.  They'll worry about a developmental diamond in the rough some other time.

I'm wondering if the BROWNS coaches and FO are just waiting for all of the pieces of this 2022 season are in so they can decide who will be the QB1, QB2 and maybe a QB3.  

I think there will be a few scenarios until this puzzle is finished.  Eventually it will be :

QB1 - Watson

QB2 - Brisset ?

QB3 - Who ever is left on the team / taxi squad ?  Someone will be traded or leave.

2 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

I'll stop you and this conversation right here.    Nobody really gave a shit about Cal backing Josh Allen.  Sure, on tape at the time, it looked REALLY dumb.   But it is what it is.    The issue I and several others took about it was Cal's way of handling himself, which is generally the theme when you run into him.    The man has a complete inability to say his piece, do so rationally, then let the results play out.      He has to reach for dumb cliche's and things that make little to no sense, and then bash you over the head with it.

Thread after thread, link after link.  1, 2,3,4,5...etc etc posts in a row, almost like the man is having a conversation with himself.   Following it with the tenacity of a true sociopath.   This is a guy that has all but renounced the Browns, but can't walk away from talking about it. The guys has hundreds of empty, unanswered threads on this board.    Does that sound normal to you? 

I do recall also pointing out that the two things Cal loved most about Josh Allen, his size and big arm, were about the most invaluable traits at the time.  Especially when you considered CLE had tried that with Brady Quinn, Derek Anderson, Charlie Frye.  I even went as far as the Bills drafting JP Losman and EJ Manuel to help further that point.  At any time had there been a "Well I love his physical gifts and his eyes are very raw", then just left the Rosen thing along, you wouldn't have heard much of a peep.   It isn't so much what we say, but how we go about saying it.    

You are welcomed to go back and watch Allen's decision making, it was REAL bad.   The product that he is now is a testament to Josh's work ethic, the Bills coaching staff, and most of all their patience.   Why patience? Because for his first 2.5 seasons in the NFL, Josh Allen was arguably one of the very worst QB's in the league.    This organization has run young QB's out of town in lesser time than that. 

However you know what you didn't hear during that first 2.5 seasons? Cal...      not a god damn word.     He was more than willing, like so many others that didn't mention it, to not bring it up.    It's not like we're the ones doing the drafting anyway.      But Holy Hell, once Josh started to look pretty competent, you couldn't not* get Cal to mention it.   You could have been talking about something completely unrelated to football - the economy, and the man would have spun it into "You know who else is working in this economy? Josh Allen"       Showing a bit of humility can be endearing.

It's over the top, beyond annoying and repetitive.     Of course in my time on this board before I truly joined the conversation, I do remember the man saying Weeden looked "elite" (That was Cal one of the few times he went to training camp, I believe?) and Johnny Manziel had the "it factor".        So when your record is  1-2, it's often indicative of one's temperament to show a little humility.

When someone acts a fool... LOUDLY, then is asked to quiet down a bit, that person isn't some victim.  

Look at the reaction I received to the work I put in to better understand Baker's struggles.    I wasn't even given a measure of respectable input back from that crowd.  No film work, no route concepts, no studies, nothing of originality to speak of.   Just links, links, links that went no where and a few more links on top of that.   No engagement, no "hey, you make a compelling point, I'm going to think about this".

I mean, have you seen me ever jump on here to post threads about players people disagreed with 2+ years later?  Rhetorical, I've never done it once.    

Regarding you and the time you spend putting together top quality football posts - I can't tell you how many times I've said to myself "I hope people appreciate the treat you provide with all the time, effort and passion you put into your posts."  The 1st day I met you we were hitting each other over the head with cyber mallets.  Back then, winning an argument was more important to us than a much better football conversation we could have had.  Having said that, we evolved to the extent we had some great football discussions despite differences of opinion.  And why?  We looked at all angles and possibilities just like football itself to see that there's a lot of right answers and some are better than others when we explain the whys. Not only that, we acknowledged when the other guy made a good point.  

I contacted Riffer X when Westside Steve was looking for help moderating; and even more so because he's a lot like you with the type of football IQ and content he can throw together for us.  We bonded years ago because we both played OL back in BC (Before Cellphones) and he had a great sense of humor.  This is where my aggravation comes in.  Just like some of my favorite posts of your's - he didn't get a lot of positive feedback for the effort and quality.   What tends to happen is 1 guy will make a comment somewhat related to the subject.  His enemy joins in to insult the comment and IQ of the guy that made it.  The rest of that thread becomes oneupsmanship, which pisses all over your efforts to the extent you have to be left wondering "why did I just waste my time here?"   We're not going to keep good quality posters here for long if that continues. However it's important for you and everyone to know there's people that rarely post but frequent this board to read the good football posts.  I say that so people don't leave here feeling like their time spent posting football stuff is not worth it. 

Where we disagree, I entered this thread because nobody got their balls busted worse and more frequently than Cal in the 2018 pre-draft QB discussions.  I'm not using the criteria that he has to have your football IQ or Tour's to pick his guy or why/how he goes about reading up as much as he can about the guy.  Again, none of us peg NFL QB prospects for a living so there's going to be a variety of ways guys go about their predictions in here.  I know Cal isn't popular in here these days; but he's always been a good friend to me.  I think the political board is the root of a lot of the way people perceive/feel about Cal. There's a spillover shortening the fuses when he comes to the football board. Hoorta is also a friend; but I did not like seeing the way he came after Cal in this thread.  All the reasons why are in my previous post. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Flugel said:

We bonded years ago because we both played OL back in BC (Before Cellphones)

And I appreciate the well thought-out response.     Although you aren't the reason, your words will continue to encourage me to be a little more... measured...  in my dealings with other posters.

That being said, the bolded part gave me a good laugh - I appreciate that.

1 hour ago, Riffer X said:

Seriously, I have no issues with signing Rosen, but I think Browns fans collectively are sleeping on Brissett. I went back and watched 4 of his starts from last year and really liked what I saw. Very hard to sack, is decisive and can make all the throws along with the ability to move the chains with his feet.

Currently working on something I should have done in the next few hours re: Jacoby.   You might want to check back then.

19 minutes ago, Flugel said:

My avatar appreciates you Bob!

Gregory Donald Pruitt

Position: RB.   5-10190lb (178cm, 86kg)  Born: August 1Hey almost his   71st   birthday. 

SUMMARY

Career158. AV 82. Rush 1196.  Yds  5672.  Y/A  4.7. TD. 27. FantPt 1100.4

8, 1951 in Houston, TX (Age: 70-340d)

PruiGr00_2017.jpg

16 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Gregory Donald Pruitt

Position: RB.   5-10190lb (178cm, 86kg)  Born: August 1Hey almost his   71st   birthday. 

SUMMARY

Career158. AV 82. Rush 1196.  Yds  5672.  Y/A  4.7. TD. 27. FantPt 1100.4

8, 1951 in Houston, TX (Age: 70-340d)

PruiGr00_2017.jpg

I'm some months older than Greg Pruitt???

.....cool. lol