THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns sign Rosen

Browns149

27 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

And I appreciate the well thought-out response.     Although you aren't the reason, your words will continue to encourage me to be a little more... measured...  in my dealings with other posters.

That being said, the bolded part gave me a good laugh - I appreciate that.

Currently working on something I should have done in the next few hours re: Jacoby.   You might want to check back then.

Dude, I was going to ask you about throwing something together for Brissett. I can do it as well, but backed up at work and wouldn't be able to live with myself if I broke out the TinyTake for hours. There is some damn good film of Brissett, he can play.

Just now, Riffer X said:

Dude, I was going to ask you about throwing something together for Brissett. I can do it as well, but backed up at work and wouldn't be able to live with myself if I broke out the TinyTake for hours. There is some damn good film of Brissett, he can play.

I was able to draw some similar used concepts between Jacoby and Baker and a tendency they both have against single high and roll looks, though a bit more on the redemptive side for Jacoby.    I started it around 11am?  Almost 2pm now.  I should be done by 4ish.  

Mine is just a glimpse, nothing with an insane amount of detail which I would prefer.  But it has made me think twice about Brissett and the coaching staffs he has played under.   Keep an eye on my 'Prospects' thread.

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

Hey Riffer, this spread looks like it's right out of a gay boys magazine......or is that just me.

Moving right along.    :lol:

@mjp28 believe it or not, back in the day we had a pretty good time on here busting balls and talking football.

The agenda driven drivel and personal/political attacks on here now are out of control and supersede any decent football talk. Too many have a stick up their collective asses.

As mods, we need to put the hammer down on it and get it cleaned up with camp starting up.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

I was able to draw some similar used concepts between Jacoby and Baker and a tendency they both have against single high and roll looks, though a bit more on the redemptive side for Jacoby.    I started it around 11am?  Almost 2pm now.  I should be done by 4ish.  

Mine is just a glimpse, nothing with an insane amount of detail which I would prefer.  But it has made me think twice about Brissett and the coaching staffs he has played under.   Keep an eye on my 'Prospects' thread.

Yessir, will do. He has never played with a cockpit this good imo. I think folks are totally sleeping on him. The beginning of the year is also the easiest part of the schedule.

3 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

So is this what cal's nonsense on the Poliboard looks like?

Just one post after another of him talking to himself? 

Quality stuff, here. 

You obviously don't visit there enough. This is rather short and tame compared to the ongoing rant-a-thons over there.😱😁

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

You obviously don't visit there enough. This is rather short and tame compared to the ongoing rant-a-thons over there.😱😁

Yeah, but it spills over to here and that's a huge problem along with the political innuendo.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Flugel said:

The PROBLEM I see with the political board is the divide it creates in there spills over into here.  We've even talked about this Larry. You can pretend otherwise; but look how angry you are.  I also think if you're going to be a mod - you lose your right to suspend people you bait when you reply to them the way you did above at the hour you felt it was appropriate to do so.  What the Hell did he do to you in this thread by reminding all those including me that gave him shit about Allen?  Nothing that deserved the reply you gave him. 

I consider you a friend Flugs, and I respect your opinion, so I deleted the post. However, it may have been angry- but it's 100% accurate. Tia and Tex pretty much reinforced where I'm coming from- they just worded it a little more politely.  

4 hours ago, FY56 said:

And if Cal ends up being right about Baker Mayfield as well?

Your battles with him were epic.

Not a Mayfield fan, but maybe I'll root for him to do well just to watch your head explode! LOL

Unlike someone else, I have no trouble admitting it when I'm wrong... I wish Baker well, and I hope he does well with his new team. That someone else just spins, and spins, and spins until the other poster just gives up. There was no reason to rehash I'm right, you were all wet stuff from 2018. & yeah- I got baited into responding more than I should have...   

3 hours ago, mjp28 said:

I am glad to see everyone here venting all of their personal feelings,  opinions and more NOW at one time in ONE thread.

This is an open forum of members The BROWNS BOARD  a private group with some rules and guidelines to go by NOT a public place where anyone can say anything   they want.   We are united around our team the Cleveland Browns  but we invite other NFL fans to share their opinions  within certain guidelines .   

forum

So let's exchange our opinions and ideas and go about our interests in the upcoming games and all of the other forums offered here.    

There's a spillover shortening the fuses when he comes to the football board. Hoorta is also a friend; but I did not like seeing the way he came after Cal in this thread.  All the reasons why are in my previous post. 

Thank you,   Michael   "mjp".

Mike, you know how I feel about a certain poster. So with the preponderance of opinion, I'll apologize for being out of line. 

I keep making the mistake removing the ignore I have him on to see what his current spin cycle is up to.  So I'll try to put him on total permanent ignore... Up to you and Riffer now to keep him in line. :)  

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I just said what needed to be said over there. Haven't checked in, but I'm sure I got blasted for it.  I just hope what goes on is a minority opinion. I've had my fill of the schoolyard insults that are perfectly OK on that forum for the time being. I didn't look it up, but I'm pretty sure one of those rants has far exceeded 300 posts. 

1 hour ago, Riffer X said:

Yeah, but it spills over to here and that's a huge problem along with the political innuendo.

It's almost like a Browns-first message board shouldn't even have a political board... 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

It's almost like a Browns-first message board shouldn't even have a political board... 

I'd like nothing more than to have that forum just go away.  I've been asked a bunch of times- In the words of Captain Picard to "make it so". There's plenty of essentially unmoderated political forums out there where that crew would fit right in with no problem.  

Unfortunately we're stuck with it for the time being. :( 

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Riffer X said:

Couldn't find the one with Queen and his bois in they bikinis.

When he was being considered out of the draft for Cleveland somebody posted one. Looked like a grocery store clerk. Oh well. Still the guy got a raw deal but I agree with you that Brissette probably isn't dog s*** either.

I'd also really be surprised if Jimmy G came here as a placeholder.

We shall see. 

WSS

2 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Most boards have political forums. Stan always had one. If you go to the OBR, they have what they call "The Happy Sunshine Politics" forum. It is a place that nobody should venture into without hip waders and a bulletproof vest. An ability not to take things too seriously would help too.

The reason Barry McBride (a damn good dude) keeps it there? To send folks that direction who want to start talking political trash, otherwise they start shit talking over on the main football forums. Ballpeen/Russ's board Dawgtalkers has a political genius forum as well. The Browns board that split from Stan's board (won't mention the name here) also has one, so not sure I understand where you are coming from pertaining to why a Browns first message board shouldn't have a political forum. 

The problem here is that there hasn't been any moderation for the political spillage onto the main Browns forum of the site. It is that simple. 

I'm not looking to ruin the fun around here, but this board has got to get better. Stan envisioned a censor less place, but times have changed to some degree. Steve has put a ton of effort into keeping Stan's baby alive and afloat, but at the rate it is going, it ain't gonna last. It will be an echo chamber for a few guys to come in daily and throw snark at their enemies. 

A guy like Tia puts a ton of work into some of his film breakdown posts and nobody gives a shit. Threads get hijacked with nonsense and personal battles. It is going to end. Promotion of real football talk is going to start, and personal attacks are done unless completely warranted. To be concise, a "personal attack" doesn't directly connotate disagreement or debate, but there is a way to go about it.

Posts are going to start being deleted that are nothing but snarky personal attacks that bring nothing to the discussion.

Starting threads with every little whim of thought will be either merged or deleted. That goes for you, Cal.

Throwing passive/aggressive political innuendos into posts will get it deleted. 

I'm not one to passively try to dissuade shit posting. I may throw a warning or may not, but I'm also not one to play around with warnings and back and forth that much, either. 

Start posting to others like you were sitting next to them at a bar and having a conversation. Show respect.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Westside Steve said:

When he was being considered out of the draft for Cleveland somebody posted one. Looked like a grocery store clerk. Oh well. Still the guy got a raw deal but I agree with you that Brissette probably isn't dog s*** either.

We shall see. 

WSS

Speaking of Steve... The Brady Quinn pro\con debate got so heated, it almost blew up the board. A bunch of guys left in a huff and started their own board. 

PS... I've had enough of the Political Forum for the time being.  & sorry if I got a little too heated there too.  Scanning it without logging in, just more of the same old, same topics and rants. You can tell the guys that they've successfully ran me off. (for now) 

10 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

We shall see. 

WSS

Well, just to be clear, this isn't me dogging Brady Quinn as a person or a QB. I was a supporter of his and liked him over DA, but we had a legendary m-fer on here named Lumberg who was from Oregon State and quite possibly a relative or friend of DA. One of the best trolls ever. Most on the board now have no recollection, but what a card. I was a mod then and the board was huge and popping, but all I ever got was PMs from folks who were sick of Lumberg lol. He even had the Gary Cole character as his avatar. 

I just wish some of the folks here knew how much fun we had on this board back then and before. Great football talk with plenty of humor to go around. 

BTW, I know Brady not personally but through a couple of acquaintances in C-Bus. Very cool guy who has done well for himself and is a pretty good analyst and commentator. I always maintain he got too beefed up for the QB position.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

We shall see. 

WSS

Since you mentioned the Grapester, here's some insight: Garoppolo's contract is a heavy hit for a guy coming off surgery, even if the Browns negotiated (similar to Carolina with Baker) and only paid let's say half of what he is due, that would be $13 million less that they can rollover to next year where we are already over the cap. For those that don't understand rollover, it is pretty basic -- whatever cap you have left over from one year can be rolled over to the next. If you spend it, say on Jim Gs, it isn't rolled over. That is why many fans have the misconception that teams aren't using their whole cap. Next year, Watson's contract will hit. We are going to need all the carryover money we can get. So, my point is, don't buy into media rumor bullshit about us signing this guy or that guy. Not saying it can't happen, but circumstances would have to be dire.

Brissett cap hit -- $4.65 million

Watson cap hit -- $10.03 million

Baker cap hit -- $10.5 million

Possible Garoppolo cap hit -- $13 million

That would be a cap hit total of $38.18 million for 2022, none of which can be rolled over to next season. And that is not including Dobbs and Rosen.

Not to mention, Garoppolo had surgery in March on his actual throwing shoulder. That is scary in itself, and he hasn't even been cleared to start throwing yet.

I would be shocked if the Browns decided to go down this path, but the window is here now, and the money is available. I also don't see Jimmy being an upgrade over Brissett in this scheme and probably not being healthy.

https://overthecap.com/player/jimmy-garoppolo/3001

1640342366_Garappolooverthecap.thumb.PNG.e1b6b437afed2c2e43009d146ac43f27.PNG

50 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Speaking of Steve... The Brady Quinn pro\con debate got so heated, it almost blew up the board. A bunch of guys left in a huff and started their own board. 

PS... I've had enough of the Political Forum for the time being.  & sorry if I got a little too heated there too.  Scanning it without logging in, just more of the same old, same topics and rants. You can tell the guys that they've successfully ran me off. (for now) 

I love you Larry but you are as big an a****** as anybody over there.

I liked Brady Guinn. Irish, from Ohio want to Notre Dame that I love when they're not playing the Buckeyes and related to one of my relatives named Quinn around Carrol or Tuscarawas County so I heard..

He didn't work out and he pissed me off when he held out and missed training camp or was at least too late to learn the system. S*** happens. I'm going to delete this one pretty soon and let you guys b**** about politics in your basement.

WSS

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

I consider you a friend Flugs, and I respect your opinion, so I deleted the post. However, it may have been angry- but it's 100% accurate. Tia and Tex pretty much reinforced where I'm coming from- they just worded it a little more politely.  

Good job with that Larry! 

I got what Tia and Mr Me-Aggies said.  Just to simplify it all back to how many of us (especially me) that busted Cal's chops about Josh Allen - he deserves the right to remind us of that every now and then.  He has far more posts admitting he isn't a football expert than ones where he's bragging.  

Reality, regardless of football IQs, NFL QB prospects coming out of college remain the easiest position to peg wrong.  Even a HOF QB/GM like John Elway can't do it.  On our board (pre-draft), Patrick Mahomes and DeShaun Watson weren't any more gotta-have in here than Josh Allen was.  So we can mock out how Cal researches QB prospects by reading articles all we want.  Bottom-line: if a bunch of us are going to give him shit and he ends up being the only one that predicted Josh Allen was going to be great - he has the bragging rights.  It is what it is...  

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

I love you Larry but you are as big an a****** as anybody over there.

I liked Brady Guinn. Irish, from Ohio want to Notre Dame that I love when they're not playing the Buckeyes and related to one of my relatives named Quinn around Carrol or Tuscarawas County so I heard..

He didn't work out and he pissed me off when he held out and missed training camp or was at least too late to learn the system. S*** happens. I'm going to delete this one pretty soon and let you guys b**** about politics in your basement.

WSS

JFC, you would have thought Queen was Erik the Red or something.

5 minutes ago, Riffer X said:

JFC, you would have thought Queen was Erik the Red or something.

LOL, and at great risk- do I get points for repeating back then "it's a sin if we draft Quinn"?  Only thing I had to go on was the exceedingly large failure rate of Notre Dame QBs. Claussen Pickle, and our very own Deshone Kizer.  Damn, I hated the Kizer pick almost as bad as I did Haslam going with Johnny "big splash" Football...  :) 

5 minutes ago, Flugel said:

Good job with that Larry! 

I got what Tia and Mr Me-Aggies said.  Just to simplify it all back to how many of us (especially me) that busted Cal's chops about Josh Allen - he deserves the right to remind us of that every now and then.  He has far more posts admitting he isn't a football expert than ones where he's bragging.  

Reality, regardless of football IQs, NFL QB prospects coming out of college remain the easiest position to peg wrong.  Even a HOF QB/GM like John Elway can't do it.  On our board (pre-draft), Patrick Mahomes and DeShaun Watson weren't any more gotta-have in here than Josh Allen was.  So we can mock out how Cal researches QB prospects by reading articles all we want.  Bottom-line: if a bunch of us are going to give him shit and he ends up being the only one that predicted Josh Allen was going to be great - he has the bragging rights.  It is what it is...  

Speak for yourself! I knew The Surgeon sucked the day of the draft. I think he had like a 50% completion rate -- ah hell, here's the reals.

Surgeon.PNG.2c112a020976d329ce94e2b50a72e5cf.PNG

• Haha 1

Just now, hoorta said:

LOL, and at great risk- do I get points for repeating back then "it's a sin if we draft Quinn"?  Only thing I had to go on was the exceedingly large failure rate of Notre Dame QBs. Claussen Pickle, and our very own Deshone Kizer.   :) 

No, I was talking about the gleam Steve has in his eye when the Queen is brought up. Could you imagine if he was a ginger?

"There's a gleam, men."

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Riffer X said:

Speak for yourself! I knew The Surgeon sucked the day of the draft. I think he had like a 50% completion rate -- ah hell, here's the reals.

Surgeon.PNG.2c112a020976d329ce94e2b50a72e5cf.PNG

Riffer, hate to say it but WHO was that Texas State quarterback?  I could only dig up the roaster of their basketball team.  :( 

I only remember the Browns immortal (not really) Spurgon (the sturgeon) Winn... And we coulda had Tom Brady instead. I saw Spurge (BTW, that's the name of a common weed) played at SW Texas State.  

Like many... It kind of angered me to see Quinn with such a buff body... I always thought it compromised whatever touch he could've had with the ball.... Then he just disintegrated right before our eyes.... Nice kid.. Hard worker.. It just wasn't meant to be... Sad... He's a likeable dude..

1 minute ago, nickers said:

Like many... It kind of angered me to see Quinn with such a buff body... I always thought it compromised whatever touch he could've had with the ball.... Then he just disintegrated right before our eyes.... Nice kid.. Hard worker.. It just wasn't meant to be... Sad... He's a likeable dude..

Did... his buff body... make you feel funny down below... hence the reason... for the anger.... ?