THE BROWNS BOARD

Woody's kind of guy!

Vambo

just stupid - that boulder don't fly.

Answer (1 of 85): Once you buy a product, it is yours, and you are responsible for it. The only way a manufacturer is liable is if their product is advertised to do a thing, and fails to do as prescribed. You buy a gun, load it, aim it, and pull the trigger and it goes BANG, and a projectile com...

Answer (1 of 7): Under federal law, gun manufacturers are exempt from civil lawsuits when the firearms they manufacture are used in the commission of crimes. They are NOT exempt from product liability suits alleging manufacturing or design defects that lead to injuries. Sadly, some courts have ig...
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Vambo said:

Wait until this fucker is is installed... You think things are bad now?... Just wait...

4 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Whatever it was quora had to say about the governor of California's gun legislation.

But it wasn't originally Quora it was a fox story. I figured you just wanted to b**** about Quora?

WSS

I didn't click the links. Cal just googled a question and posted the search results 

Quora is just yahoo answers. I'm not going to get into a "debate" why posting a Yahoo answer / Quora link isn't a legitimate source to back up a point. If that isn't already obvious to you then geez... though also not surprising for this board 

12 hours ago, FY56 said:

But do you like this law?

No, I think all of the vigilante laws are dumb. Regardless of whether I support the overall theme. 

I want there to be more regulation around guns and I want women to have a right to choose. But I still think both vigilante laws are dumb.

Again though, conservatives did this to themselves. Usually Dems are sad do nothing's and incompetent, with Reps pushing the crazy ass laws to regress the country. Good on Dems for trying to get in the game and fight fire with fire..

13 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

No, I think all of the vigilante laws are dumb. Regardless of whether I support the overall theme. 

I want there to be more regulation around guns and I want women to have a right to choose. But I still think both vigilante laws are dumb.

Again though, conservatives did this to themselves. Usually Dems are sad do nothing's and incompetent, with Reps pushing the crazy ass laws to regress the country. Good on Dems for trying to get in the game and fight fire with fire..

wait - define "vigilante" - just wondering why you used that word.

6 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

wait - define "vigilante" - just wondering why you used that word.

It's similar to a citizen taking the law into his own hands.

The way I understand it is that both the Texas and Cali laws allow you Cal or me, who are neither in authority nor victims, to file lawsuits against abortionists or gun makers/sellers...therefore acting as vigilantes.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Fair enough, except I'm not sure what other "crazy laws to regress the country" you are referring to.

Plus I've always known it to be the conservatives that have always complained about the Republicans being do-nothings or democrat ass kissers.