THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns claim RB Cedric Peerman off waivers from the Ravens

brownspwnj00

Does anyone here wonder if perhaps Harrison's injury is more significant and perhaps this move is in order to move him to PUP or IR?

I highly doubt it but it's not out of the realm of possibility. I was calling for more a backs a week and a half ago. Seriously, how can a team go into the season with only three active backs and one fullback? Not to mention, Harrison has been dinged, Davis is a rookie and Lewis is 30 and coming off a surgery.

Jennings looked good in limited scrub duty, but this guy was a backup in the CFL, so I'm not too sure you want him next in line.

It was a no brainer they were going to hit the waiver wire and I'm pretty happy with this pickup. Guys like him and Sutton were victims of too many backs at their respective camps. No matter how well you play, if nobody gets injured the numbers are stacked against you.

I highly doubt it but it's not out of the realm of possibility. I was calling for more a backs a week and a half ago. Seriously, how can a team go into the season with only three active backs and one fullback? Not to mention, Harrison has been dinged, Davis is a rookie and Lewis is 30 and coming off a surgery.

Jennings looked good in limited scrub duty, but this guy was a backup in the CFL, so I'm not too sure you want him next in line.

It was a no brainer they were going to hit the waiver wire and I'm pretty happy with this pickup. Guys like him and Sutton were victims of too many backs at their respective camps. No matter how well you play, if nobody gets injured the numbers are stacked against you.

So, if I understand correctly, the only FB on the roster is Vickers. Rucker lined up as FB a few times too. Is that right?

So, if I understand correctly, the only FB on the roster is Vickers. Rucker lined up as FB a few times too. Is that right?

Rucker has been lining up at H-Back, which I guess made Ali expendable. It also basically allowed Rucker to make the roster over Aaron Walker.

Still, that's precariously thin at RB/FB .

Hell Yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have watched this kid his entire career ... I think it's time to crack a beer and celebrate! A star player from my favorite college team is on my favorite pro team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!What a GRAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

This was exactly my reaction when the Browns picked up Quinn. Our family went nuts.

But staying on topic, I reeeeeealy like this pick up. I'm hoping we find out the story as to why he became available.

It seems like Jamal is getting his last opening day start on Sunday and who knows how long he'll last this season. With Harrison's recent glass jaw, having Davis and Peerman around gives me a very good feeling about RB's.

Archived