THE BROWNS BOARD

Shawn Merriman: Humanitarian

dencyguy

Apparentlty he's decided that it's unfair for the Raiders, Chiefs, and Broncos to implode while leaving the Chargers reasonably unscathed:

Merriman arrested after girlfriend's call

From the story:

>>SAN DIEGO -- San Diego Chargers star outside linebacker Shawne Merriman was arrested Sunday and accused of choking and restraining his girlfriend, reality TV star Tila Tequila, as she tried to leave his suburban home.

Tequila, 27, signed a citizen's arrest warrant, charging Merriman with battery and false imprisonment, San Diego County Sheriff's Lt. Gary Steadman said.

Deputies responded about 3:45 a.m. to Merriman's house in Poway, north of San Diego, after a woman called to say she was choked by the player and thrown to the ground when she tried to leave, Sheriff's Department spokesman Jan Caldwell said at a news conference.

Merriman, 25, was taken into custody and booked into the central jail at about 8:30 a.m. He was released shortly after 11 a.m. Caldwell said she didn't know if he posted bail or was released on his own recognizance.

Tequila was taken to a hospital. Her condition was not immediately available.<<

Three thoughts of various levels of inappropriateness came to mind immediately:

1. Roid rage, anyone?

2. Anyone who's watched even a moment of that piece-of-crap reality show has experienced violent rage, but one must control one's emotions. I've played Grand Theft Auto, but I've still yet to sideswipe a police car in real life.

3. It might take a while, but Shep will, by God, find a way to blame this on the Chargers taking LaDanian Tomlinson at #5.

Dennis

I saw this, and I do admit to watching that stupid reality show. Put it like this, the drama coming out of that little girl's life could be everything behind this.

I wouldn't condemn Merriman just yet, and I highly doubt roid rage, that shit is completely overrated.

that plastic bitch is epic drama and has a ridiculously loud mouth. i don't condone what was reported but run your cock sucker in a man's face without consideration and we can be pushed to do regrettable things pretty quickly.

no, i don't care for her, personality-wise or appearance. anyone ever see her from the side?--scary as hell.

suprised you didn't include "Tila Tequila" in the title dency.

It looks like Merriman did nothing wrong and she went schizo. There was no evidence of him hurting her and it sounds like she was just drunked up and mad she didn't get her way.

No roid rage to see here folks, keep it moving along.

Just a crazy drunk biatch.........

It looks like Merriman did nothing wrong and she went schizo. There was no evidence of him hurting her and it sounds like she was just drunked up and mad she didn't get her way.

this gets my vote. come on this chick is out her mind already i will give credit to the NFL guy

OK. Now I think I've seen it all. A Reality Star "allergic" to alcohol? That's like a Steeler fan "allergic" to incest, chaw and cellulite.

She also appeared to deny Merriman and his attorney's claim by tweeting, "I am allergic to alcohol. It has been publicly known for years. That is how I got the name Tila 'Tequila' cuz the irony. I can't drink."

via here.

Archived