THE BROWNS BOARD

Watson Suspended for 11 Games and Fined $5 Million / and a bit OT and back.

mjp28

......   ♥︎    Oh BTW this thread did drift OFF TOPIC  like they sometimes do.   So we will try to get it back to the original topic.   Thank you.   mjp.

The case of Deshaun Watson.   It would be a good movie of the week   -but-  it's REAL to the Cleveland BROWNS and fans.

So what happens next  ?

Under the latest collective bargaining agreement, the question of whether Watson violated the league’s personal conduct policy is ultimately expected to be weighed by former U.S. District Court Judge Sue Robinson. Robinson has been chosen by the NFL and NFL Players Association to act as an impartial arbitrator in disciplinary cases such as Watson’s.

But the NFL must first determine whether it believes Watson violated the policy. The steps in the league’s probe are expected to fall into one of these tracks:

• The NFL finds that no personal conduct policy violation occurred. Watson faces no discipline.

• The NFL finds that a violation of the personal conduct policy occurred. It forwards its findings to the independent arbitrator for a decision.

• If applicable, the independent arbitrator weighs the evidence presented by the NFL and determines no personal conduct policy violation occurred. Watson faces no punishment. Per the CBA, the NFL cannot appeal this decision from the arbitrator.

• If applicable, the independent arbitrator weighs the evidence presented by the NFL and determines a violation of the personal conduct policy did occur. The arbitrator can then determine the punishment rendered for the infraction. If the NFL disagrees with the punishment rendered, the league can appeal it to commissioner Roger Goodell, who then makes a final determination on any punishment, which could range from a suspension to a monetary fine.

Edited by mjp28
  • Thanks 1

I wonder if it is the first one how long will it take to.....just fade away ?

• mjp28 changed the title to The case of Deshaun Watson.  It would be a good movie of the week but it's REAL to Cleveland BROWNS & fans.
#Browns Deshaun Watson's meeting with #NFL investigators is not underway yet, but will take place this week in Houston, source says

this is far from what espn is reporting..

Source: The first direct meetings between the #NFL investigative team led by Lisa Friel and #BrownsCLEBrowns2022SeasonEmoji.png  quarterback DeShaun Watson have begun in Texas. The league seeks to determine if he violated the NFL Personal Conduct Policy and, if so, whether discipline should be imposed.

lmao... 🙃

To clarify*, #BrownsCLEBrowns2022SeasonEmoji.png Deshaun Watson's meeting with NFL investigators began on Monday in Houston and was still underway today, source says.

And so it starts, one in 21 to go ?

Testifying under oath, Deshaun Watson admits Ashley Solis cried at end of massage

Posted by Mike Florio on May 17, 2022, 4:32 PM EDT

......Barring one or more settlements, Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson eventually will stand trial in 22 different cases with 22 different juries regarding claims made by 22 different massage therapists.

Last week, Watson testified in one of the pre-trial depositions that a massage ended with the therapist crying, according to Brent Schrotenboer of USA Today. Watson also admitted that he sent her an apology via text message.

The testimony came in the case brought by Ashley Solis. She was the first therapist to go public with her claims.

Watson claimed he didn’t know why she had cried. Solis claims that Watson intentionally touched her with his penis during the massage, prompting the reaction.

“Sorry about you feeling uncomfortable,” Watson texted. “Never were the intentions. Lmk if you want to work in the future. My apologies.”

Asked why he sent an apology, Watson testified: “Yes, because she was teary-eyed. And I was trying to figure out what was going on.  So, I assumed that she was uncomfortable in whatever reason.  And we talked about working in the future.  And so, I said, `We can work in the future.  Just let me know.’  And then I sent my apologies as whatever reason she was teary-eyed for.”

With no court order in place preventing the deposition transcripts from being disseminated to reporters, the lawyers can share any, some, or all of the information. This specific testimony was provided by attorney Tony Buzbee, who represents the 22 plaintiffs.

The report lands one day after multiple reports indicated that the NFL will meet with Watson this week. As explained earlier today, the league has much to do in order to get any disciplinary process fully resolved by the start of the 2022 regular season.

~~~~~~~~~~   🏈   ~~~~~~~~~~

And so it goes on, this isn't just the NFL football anymore it's L & O or People's Court or whatever you want to call it but it sure isn't Pete Rozelle  and the. 1960s NFL Live with Brent Musberger.

What's Episode 2 going to be about "the sizzling sexploitations of Deshaun " ?  Stay tuned.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/05/17/testifying-under-oath-deshaun-watson-admits-ashley-solis-cried-at-end-of-massage/

Or turn it off.

These claims do not have the same optics of Ben's/Zeke/Hunt/Ray Rice nor Joe Mixon.. Robert Craft? Brady deflate-gate?

Did Urban Meyer get games suspended for a lap dance?

Yes! the optics do look bad, but Watson & the NFL have not decided on anything but to meet up in Texas for 2 sides of.. He said/She said..  

Nothing more/nothing less

• Upvote 1

• Zombo changed the title to Deshaun Watson's Legal Issues
2 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Nothing more/nothing less

eh.... not anymore. It's more real now. it gets worse. This asinine garbage deal stinks worse than 100 acres of farmland that has just had manure water sprayed on it on a hot day.

The attorney for the 22 women who have accused Cleveland Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson of sexual harassment said that Watson testified that one of the women cried at the end of his massage therapy session. Attorney Tony Buzbee told USA Today on Tuesday that during a pretrial deposition last week, the 26-year-old quarterback said he

Deshaun Watson’s 19th accuser says he told her: ‘No one is going to know’

one more. apparently, he flat out lied in the news conference.

At a recent news conference, Watson said he never disrespected any women, and he doesn't plan to settle the cases. We learned the two sides did try to settle the cases twice. The first attempt ...

40 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

one more. apparently, he flat out lied in the news conference.

At a recent news conference, Watson said he never disrespected any women, and he doesn't plan to settle the cases. We learned the two sides did try to settle the cases twice. The first attempt ...

Hilarious... The Browns sold their souls for this dude... SMH... Thank God for reefer man... I'm gonna need a truckload for this upcoming season.. LOL!

Tuesday May 17, 2 pm.

Yahoo Sports

Sources: Recent 'deadlock' in Deshaun Watson civil cases is expected to push all trials to 2023

HOUSTON — All civil lawsuit trial proceedings between 22 women and Cleveland Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson are expected to be pushed to 2023, two sources familiar with communications between attorneys handling the litigation told Yahoo Sports.

Tony Buzbee, the attorney representing 22 women suing Watson for alleged sexual misconduct or sexual assault, and Rusty Hardin, who is Watson’s lead defense attorney, have not been able to come to an agreement on multiple issues, the sources said. The result has pushed the timeline for proceedings to a point that it would now likely violate the agreed-upon moratorium on cases between Aug. 1, 2022 and March 1, 2023.

Among the issues: Buzbee and Hardin have not been able to come to an agreement on which suit should be heard first between plaintiffs Ashley Solis and Lauren Baxley. Both sides also have more discovery ahead in the cases, and Watson still has a swath of depositions remaining, including at least six in June.......continued in our legal court system, just the way it works......

SO meanwhile go play football guys !

GO BROWNS !   Pretend that nothing else matters......until next year.   

Good grief Charlie Brown.  

images (3).jpeg

• Upvote 3

My only question is how long the NFL will suspend him for?   

Last time I remember the NFL investigating complaints of sexual misconduct/harassment at the workplace,  it cleared Daniel Snyder.  Not to worry though, it successfully diverted that bad scent to a non-employee of the Washington Football Team - Jon Gruden.  How could such a thing happen?  I dunno, maybe Daniel Snyder was one of the owners that voted or had to vote on the approval of Roger Goodell's salary increase?

1 hour ago, Flugel said:

My only question is how long the NFL will suspend him for?   

Last time I remember the NFL investigating complaints of sexual misconduct/harassment at the workplace,  it cleared Daniel Snyder.  Not to worry though, it successfully diverted that bad scent to a non-employee of the Washington Football Team - Jon Gruden.  How could such a thing happen?  I dunno, maybe Daniel Snyder was one of the owners that voted or had to vote on the approval of Roger Goodell's salary increase?

And it relates to the Watson charges how?

WSS

On 5/18/2022 at 7:30 AM, Gorka said:

The Browns chose this path knowing the issues. This kind of negative attention is fully deserved for all of the parties involved in this mess.

Browns Get Bad News on Deshaun Watson's Legal Issues (msn.com)

By far the most noteworthy about this article is finding out MSN still exists. I can vaguely remember using it when I was young, decades ago. 

Only mildly interesting is the absurd framing: "Bad News" and " a serious body blow." Factually, the delay of these preposterous civil suits well into 2023 will likely result in DW being able to play the entire '22-23 season. But somehow this is """"bAd"""" for the Browns. Give me a break!

(Hi to all who are here to discuss Football. Go Browns!)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Korsou Dawg said:

By far the most noteworthy about this article is finding out MSN still exists. I can vaguely remember using it when I was young, decades ago. 

Only mildly interesting is the absurd framing: "Bad News" and " a serious body blow." Factually, the delay of these preposterous civil suits well into 2023 will likely result in DW being able to play the entire '22-23 season. But somehow this is """"bAd"""" for the Browns. Give me a break!

(Hi to all who are here to discuss Football. Go Browns!)

BROWNS fan from Curacao well welcome aboard and hope to see you around the board. 

Beautiful place in the Caribbean. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Korsou Dawg said:

Factually, the delay of these preposterous civil suits well into 2023 will likely result in DW being able to play the entire '22-23 season.

That was my immediate reaction also.  But I slowly remembered how much commissioner GoToHell enjoys suspending people.  

- Welcome - 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

And it relates to the Watson charges how?

WSS

Steve, are you not aware the NFL said they are doing their own investigation of Watson/s actions up against the NFL Code of Conduct (regardless of courtroom outcomes)?  Once complete, we will learn if there is a suspension and how long it will be.  

18 minutes ago, Flugel said:

Steve, are you not aware the NFL said they are doing their own investigation of Watson/s actions up against the NFL Code of Conduct (regardless of courtroom outcomes)?  Once complete, we will learn if there is a suspension and how long it will be.  

I'm aware that Dan Schneider or Bob Kraft or Jon Gruden are probably on a different wavelength as far as the League's conduct rules. Just a guess?

But as long as I'm guessing I wouldn't expect consistency from the league. Maybe.

WSS

Watson's attorney, Rusty Hardin's update & quotes of interest with MKC... 

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2022/05/deshaun-watsons-lawyer-expects-the-nfl-will-want-to-talk-to-him-again-and-to-decide-on-his-discipline-by-june-or-july.html

Two separate grand juries declined to indict Watson on criminal charges.

But 22 therapists have civil suits against him, including 20 who accuse him of sexual harassment..

And two of sexual assault. (all serious, while 2 of choice to pay close attention to.. Both were part of the 10 cases heard by 2 grand juries) 

From the 'She said"..

Four of Buzbee’s clients have met with Friel. Buzbee told Mark Berman of FOX26 in Houston that

“some of the women did not feel like they were being respected” during the interviews.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/05/13/nfl-responds-to-tony-buzbees-concerns-regarding-the-deshaun-watson-investigation/

We should be talking about OTA's and playoffs... Instead.. We're talking about some ass hats sexual behaviour.... LOL...

On 5/19/2022 at 10:19 PM, Orion said:

That was my immediate reaction also.  But I slowly remembered how much commissioner GoToHell enjoys suspending people.  

- Welcome - 

On 5/20/2022 at 8:03 AM, Flugel said:

According to this article, there are three possibilities

1. The league could make its decision when its investigation is concluded
  2. Wait until there’s resolution in the lawsuits
  3. Levy a punishment with the caveat it could add further discipline if new information surfaces.

As much as I believe they would love to suspend, option 1 is a big can of worms liability wise. The criminal charges were thrown out by two separate grand juries, and those charges can never be brought again. That means DW is not just innocent, his innocence is bulletproof (it astonishes me that the US legal system then allows him to be sued for the very same charges in a different branch of the legal system. Seems like extortion to me, but I suppose that is a discussion for a different forum).

The point is: if they suspend him now, they are effectively suspending an innocent man, and risk influencing the ongoing legal proceedings. If Kaepernick had enough on the league to reach a settlement for preventing him to work, DW has a Howitzer pointed at them as it stands. The only way I see this happening is the suspension is so low (4 games or so) and the Leagues forgoes option 3, which would juicy enough for DW's representation and the Browns to accept it. Seems more likely the league waits to see the outcome of the lawsuits, and either dish out a lengthy suspension or none at all, depending on said outcome. 

55 minutes ago, Korsou Dawg said:

According to this article, there are three possibilities

1. The league could make its decision when its investigation is concluded
  2. Wait until there’s resolution in the lawsuits
  3. Levy a punishment with the caveat it could add further discipline if new information surfaces.

As much as I believe they would love to suspend, option 1 is a big can of worms liability wise. The criminal charges were thrown out by two separate grand juries, and those charges can never be brought again. That means DW is not just innocent, his innocence is bulletproof (it astonishes me that the US legal system then allows him to be sued for the very same charges in a different branch of the legal system. Seems like extortion to me, but I suppose that is a discussion for a different forum).

The point is: if they suspend him now, they are effectively suspending an innocent man, and risk influencing the ongoing legal proceedings. If Kaepernick had enough on the league to reach a settlement for preventing him to work, DW has a Howitzer pointed at them as it stands. The only way I see this happening is the suspension is so low (4 games or so) and the Leagues forgoes option 3, which would juicy enough for DW's representation and the Browns to accept it. Seems more likely the league waits to see the outcome of the lawsuits, and either dish out a lengthy suspension or none at all, depending on said outcome. 

And welcome. Been to Curacao once for the Total Eclipse back in the 90s.  took quite a liking to the Senior Curacao while I was down there. The authentic beverage has been hard to find of late up here in the States.  Of course i get called a juicer here on the Board because I happen to like stuff like that.    

One of our Tailgate traditions has been to do a shot of Orange Curacao before heading to the stadium for a game. Zombo affectionately calls it "The Orange Shit".  :)  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, hoorta said:

And welcome. Been to Curacao once for the Total Eclipse back in the 90s.  took quite a liking to the Senior Curacao while I was down there. The authentic beverage has been hard to find of late up here in the States.  Of course i get called a juicer here on the Board because I happen to like stuff like that.    

One of our Tailgate traditions has been to do a shot of Orange Curacao before heading to the stadium for a game. Zombo affectionately calls it "The Orange Shit".  :)  

Gippers wife gave me his bottle from which the three remaining of us from the Browns TV games group raised a toast to him.

I think I still have the remainder. If so I will bring it to a tailgate.

WSS

• Like 2

8 hours ago, nickers said:

We should be talking about OTA's and playoffs... Instead.. We're talking about some ass hats sexual behaviour.... LOL...

I'm betting on that Berry does not want the NFL to be waiting until June or July to decide on Watson-gate..

1.) Browns mandatory camp is June 14-16th..

2.) Most wanted remaining FA's.. Decide on a team around the 1st of June during OTA's, just prior to showing up to a Mandatory Camp..

o26.gif      

Rumors say the Rams are chasing J. Clowney.. Clowney maybe waiting out, for a Watson-gate decision too ..  

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Rumors say the Rams are chasing J. Clowney..

Crap!  Nice weather.  Super Bowl team.  

Cleveland always has that 1st strike against them (weather) before getting to the bargaining table.  A dome is required.

• Upvote 1